Male HQ

Chinese New Year 2016

Bern

• Bern featured this topic

Happy CNY everyone! huat huat!

anyways, my horoscope is kinda funny haha

Monkey - Quick-witted, charming, lucky, adaptable, bright, versatile, lively, smart.

and i'm a Scorpio

58c8af435f3b0_bwbanner.jpg.add74f89662a08c064062b974efe1ce7.jpg

I draw sexy men, visit http://www.toastwire.tumblr.com click on 'My Artworks'. Willing to take on comissions

你的记忆好,又有心写来,老师帮你。Specially for you.

属蛇。你有提供大概出生时间,这样就准多了。

你出世当日刚好是‘夏至’。但你不在这‘节气’所生。

今年,你只有两颗吉星 - “驿马、天解”。到处奔波(包括出国)...

凶星较多。若你家有装修,会“伤”你。你家原封不动最好。
其次,你会陆续破财。没办法。若有人要向你借钱,一借拿不回。要是男女来接近你的时候要当心。

今年一整年拜太岁!拜当年太岁罢了。保证让你减少不好的事。
先拜天公,然后斗母,最后才拜管仲将军。

年头、4/2,5/5,7/8,7/11,年尾烧太岁衣。
记得,不要等到初一、十五才拜。还要,跪着拜。

Edited by 仙人掌

Compared to last few years, this year hardly feel the festive mood,  no thanks to on-going retrenchment, soft job market, declining property, commodity and stock market. 

I'm glad that CNY is around the corner with all the lights at Chinatown lighted. I hope it will boost the atmosphere with big vibrant shoppers around.

Added to this, TMC and shogun will also have increased patronage. 

Well with this CNY, the monkey year will bring good health good prosperity good

abundant food for everyone.

Huat Ong Heng ahhhhhhhhh

Hope to find someone to be fren or more this coming year. But my zodiac is not suitable for Monkeys.

I'm 50 172 70 Chn with pleasant looks and am looking for manly and non-sissy, caring and easy-going personality.

I'm a Taoist/Buddhist and looking for same. I believe in living simply and I spend my time exercising, reading, cooking and travelling. I'm attracted to guys with some Chinese cultural background and am not into kantang.

在新加坡,六十甲子殿并不多。
去哪一间都行。最好是固定的一间。

有些庙宇有供奉一尊太岁罢了 - 盖太岁。
有没有什么不好,老师不敢说。

若你口袋有钱又有时间,可以在宫庙买元宝香蜡。一份大概是S$3.50起。将金纸茶糖等等排好后,依照宫庙安奉神明次序,顺序献香。不同炉,不同支数。

有一个比较省时又省钱的做法,就是自备香,直接拜天公向天公请安,然后直接到六十甲子殿向圆明道姥元君(斗姆)忏悔请求赦罪,最后才拜太岁。斗姆和太岁可能是同一个炉。所以,你准备六支香(天公献三支、斗姆和太岁献三支)。要是斗姆和太岁的炉是分开的,你得准备九支香。

拜菩萨神明的时候,记得报你名字。拜完静静离开。

21 hours ago, Decent said:

Hope to find someone to be fren or more this coming year. But my zodiac is not suitable for Monkeys.

I'm 50 172 70 Chn ... ...

论冲的话,肖虎的,正冲最严重。

阁下若今年是50岁,应该是属马。
若生日没过还算是50岁,属蛇不是吗?

夫妻之间生肖对冲或多或少有问题。
朋友(同性)之间,相处在一起百分百准有问题。即使现在没问题,并不代表日后没事。

3 hours ago, Sport-coholic said:

Ever since mum passed away six years ago, CNY doesn't feel festive for me anymore.

老师可以理解。
很多人都是像你这样。死了亲人或爱人,没有意义。

人死之后,不能再想了。
你越想越哀,你妈妈也会更哀。
快过年了,老师不讲这些。

新年期间,跟朋友/亲人在一起。
希望你生活如常!

新的一年即將來臨

時間過得真快

很多人進入了我的世界,我的人生

有些人離開了

有些人留下來了

好朋友的關係

有些變差了

有些變好了

唯一沒變的

是對我始終如一的電腦男友

單生萬歲!

Holy mama.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

善待对人。麻烦用英文来表达信息。不是每个人都会看的懂中文 “People need to learn the art of making an argument. Often there is no

right or wrong. It's just your opinion vs someone else's opinion. How you deliver that opinion could make the difference between opening a mind,

changing an opinion or shutting the door. Sometimes folk just don't know when they've "argued" enough. Learn when to shut up."

― J'son M. Lee 

It is just barely 30 hours from the first day of CNY..(if you ignore Li Chun).

Prices of cooked food at the coffee shops downstairs, the price of raw food items have all gone up by more than 30% to 50%.  I was so flabbergasted that chye sim used to be $1.30 is now $2.30...I can definitely boycott it for a couple of days... even Fairprice has not been generous in this year's promotions...

10 hours ago, abang said:

It is just barely 30 hours from the first day of CNY..(if you ignore Li Chun).

Prices of cooked food at the coffee shops downstairs, the price of raw food items have all gone up by more than 30% to 50%.  I was so flabbergasted that chye sim used to be $1.30 is now $2.30...I can definitely boycott it for a couple of days... even Fairprice has not been generous in this year's promotions...

Thank goodness I stocked up the pantry with rations to last a week...

ksy1f2jn2osi403qdr6f.gif

Guest Sport-coholic
29 minutes ago, abang said:

This should brightens me on such a damp/damn Sunday morning... Lost in translation..from Malaysia. Spot the mistake?

Maybe just like hanging 福 upside down so they thought everything should be upside now.

56b7550dd3542_smallmonkey.jpg.504e208556

GONG XI FA CAI EVERYONE.

Happy Lunar New Year. May the New Year brings Everyone

Much Joy, Good Health, Prosperity & Multi-Sexual Orgasms!

HUAT AH!!

:clap::twisted::clap:

Edited by upshot
edit

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

or5o29.jpg

新年快乐!! 万事如意!!

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Quoted this from wiki....i didn't realise there are details for all the animals...i only remember the Rat, Ox and the missed out Cat parts....being Cat was asleep, the Rat didn't wake him up. Here's more nasty...haha.

An ancient folk story tells that Cat and Rat were the worst swimmers in the animal kingdom. Although they were poor swimmers, they were both quite intelligent. To get to the meeting called by the Jade Emperor, they had to cross a river to reach the meeting place. The Jade Emperor had also decreed that the years on the calendar would be named for each animal in the order they arrived to the meeting. Cat and Rat decided that the best and fastest way to cross the river was to hop on the back of Ox. Ox, being naïve and good-natured, agreed to carry them both across. Midway across the river, Rat pushed Cat into the water. Then as Oxneared the other side of the river, Rat jumped ahead and reached the shore first. So he claimed first place in the competition and the zodiac.[9][10]

Following closely behind was strong Ox who was named the 2nd animal in the zodiac. After Ox, came Tiger, panting, while explaining to the Jade Emperor how difficult it was to cross the river with the heavy currents pushing it downstream all the time. But with its powerful strength, Tiger made to shore and was named the 3rd animal in the cycle.[8]

Suddenly, from a distance came a thumping sound, and the Rabbit arrived. It explained how it crossed the river: by jumping from one stone to another in a nimble fashion. Halfway through, it almost lost the race, but the Rabbit was lucky enough to grab hold of a floating log that later washed him to shore. For that, it became the 4th animal in the Zodiac cycle. In 5th place was the Flying Dragon. Of course, the Jade Emperor was deeply curious as to why a swift flying creature such as the Dragon should fail to reach first place. The mighty Dragon explained that he had to stop and make rain to help all the people and creatures of the earth, and therefore he was held back. Then, on his way to the finish, he saw a little helpless Rabbit clinging onto a log so he did a good deed and gave a puff of breath to the poor creature so that it could land on the shore. The Jade Emperor was very pleased with the actions of the Dragon, and he was added into the zodiac cycle. As soon as he had done so, a galloping sound was heard, and the Horse appeared. Hidden on the Horse'shoof was the Snake, whose sudden appearance gave the Horse a fright, thus making it fall back and giving the Snake the 6th spot, while the Horse placed 7th.

Not long after that, a little distance away, the Goat, Monkey, and Rooster came to the shore. These three creatures helped each other to get to where they are. The Rooster spotted a raft, and took the other two animals with it. Together, the Goat and the Monkey cleared the weeds, tugged and pulled and finally got the raft to the shore. Because of their combined efforts, the Emperor was very pleased and promptly named the Goat as the 8th creature, the Monkey as the 9th, and the Rooster the 10th.

The 11th animal was the Dog. Although he was supposed to be the best swimmer, he could not resist the temptation to play a little longer in the river. Though his explanation for being late was because he needed a good bath after a long spell. For that, he almost didn't make it to the finish line. Just as the Jade Emperor was about to call it a day, an oink and squeal was heard from a little Pig. The Pig got hungry during the race, promptly stopped for a feast and then fell asleep. After the nap, the Pig continued the race and was named the 12th animal of the zodiac cycle. The cat drowned in 13th place and did not make it in the zodiac. It is said that is the reason why cats always chase Rats; to get back at them for what they have done.

...Single, alone and feeling lonely..

...I did go out to feel CNY festive atmosphere.....but now I still feel lonely...

I know i need a man...(a bf by myside...)

本来嘛, 这新年会是个平静的。。但是, 我哭的半死。。

台湾有天灾 -72 黄金时段已过 -但救护人员还不放弃。。精神可佳。

香港旺角有小矛盾 - 非法小贩想做点生意 。。政府又不想发牌。。搞到警察与市民大闹剧。

I expect world peace during this Chun Jie but I cried buckets over this weekend. 

Firstly the scenes in Tainan's building collapse.  

Secondly, the conflicts between the government, police and the general public.  Regardless whether the illegal hawkers are operated by "underground" forces or not, the least the governnment should issue temporary permits as this is supposed to be a jolly season for everyone.  The violence escalated with pepper sprays were used and.2 gunshots were fired.  

Not forgetting the threat from NK... 

God bless the people of Taiwan, HK and SK/NK/Japan/China (all within the sphere of radiation).

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 8:22 AM, abang said:

本来嘛, 这新年会是个平静的。。但是, 我哭的半死。。

台湾有天灾 -72 黄金时段已过 -但救护人员还不放弃。。精神可佳。

香港旺角有小矛盾 - 非法小贩想做点生意 。。政府又不想发牌。。搞到警察与市民大闹剧。

abang

v emo hor

Happy YuanXiaoJie / 元宵节 / Lantern Festival.

Marks the end of the CNY 2016. 

Image is google doodle. 

lantern-festival-2016-4824959689949184.2

From wiki :

The Lantern Festival is a Chinese festival celebrated on the fifteenth day of the first month in the lunisolar year in the lunar calendar marking the last day of the lunar New Year celebration.

The lanterns can symbolize the people letting go of their past selves and getting new ones, which they will let go of the next year,

*mmm....this part i don't know....i always thought it's just for wishing.

In the early days, young people were chaperoned in the streets in hopes of finding love. Matchmakers acted busily in hopes of pairing couples. The brightest lanterns were symbolic of good luck and hope. As time has passed, the festival no longer has such implications in most of China...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lantern_Festival

Edited by nixorn

The Chinese Zodiac...

Twelve animals are listed, one for each month.

No matter which animal we are associated with,  we can read the characteristics, and they are all POSITIVE.

I'm a "sheep",  so I should be:  " Tasteful, crafty, warm, elegant, charming, intuitive, sensitive, calm. "

WOW!  Of course, why hadn't I thought about?  I am so great!

Twelve animals, all with outstanding qualities...  then,

WHY IN HEAVEN does my religion (Christianity) claim that the God created the animals to feed us and to serve us??

So they are nothing but some meat that walks around, ready for us to eat ??  What an abomination!  Shame of a religion!

Edited by Steve5380

On 2/21/2016 at 0:31 AM, nixorn said:

Happy YuanXiaoJie / 元宵节 / Lantern Festival.

Marks the end of the CNY 2016. 

Image is google doodle. 

lantern-festival-2016-4824959689949184.2

From wiki :

The Lantern Festival is a Chinese festival celebrated on the fifteenth day of the first month in the lunisolar year in the lunar calendar marking the last day of the lunar New Year celebration.

The lanterns can symbolize the people letting go of their past selves and getting new ones, which they will let go of the next year,

*mmm....this part i don't know....i always thought it's just for wishing.

In the early days, young people were chaperoned in the streets in hopes of finding love. Matchmakers acted busily in hopes of pairing couples. The brightest lanterns were symbolic of good luck and hope. As time has passed, the festival no longer has such implications in most of China...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lantern_Festival

You may care to check out the New Year Procession on the evening of the 21st day in Johor Bahru around 20 minute walk from Johan Avenue, the sauna.

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

The Chinese Zodiac...

Twelve animals are listed, one for each month.

No matter which animal we are associated with,  we can read the characteristics, and they are all POSITIVE.

I'm a "sheep",  so I should be:  " Tasteful, crafty, warm, elegant, charming, intuitive, sensitive, calm. "

WOW!  Of course, why hadn't I thought about?  I am so great!

Twelve animals, all with outstanding qualities...  then,

WHY IN HEAVEN does my religion (Christianity) claim that the God created the animals to feed us and to serve us??

So they are nothing but some meat that walks around, ready for us to eat ??  What an abomination!  Shame of a religion!

Wait till you learn the cost of various ceremonies in the year of your zodiac animal.

• Guest locked this topic