Male HQ

Tiger Sugar hype

Saw a long queue mostly youngsters queueing for it. Whats so special about it ? Isit because its new (just like llaollao and gong cha last time when they launch) 

I can smell that its very sweet from around 6 meters away.. 

Discuss. 

Basically Caramel Milk Tea. Probably nice because of the external stripes from the caramel.

If you asked for 0% sugar, the caramel would still add some sweetness to the drink.

Tried mine from LiHo; not very fantastic. Kept thinking about the diabetes I would get if I were to request for 100% sugar instead. O.o

oh man I swear it is NOT a hype at all. Before my first time having Tiger Sugar, I was relatively happy with whatever Brown Sugar drink from other brands. But after I tried Tiger Sugar, the benchmark shifted so high I got so so disappointed drinking the Koi's one a few days later. The brown sugar taste is wholesome, unpretentious, has good depth of flavour and not even the slightest bit of bitter aftertaste. I wish they have more outlets. 

4 hours ago, Crispy96 said:

oh man I swear it is NOT a hype at all. Before my first time having Tiger Sugar, I was relatively happy with whatever Brown Sugar drink from other brands. But after I tried Tiger Sugar, the benchmark shifted so high I got so so disappointed drinking the Koi's one a few days later. The brown sugar taste is wholesome, unpretentious, has good depth of flavour and not even the slightest bit of bitter aftertaste. I wish they have more outlets. 

Personally,Dont like it and i eat it at taiwan. Feel overhyped. . U can buy briwn sugar and do it as home.

4 hours ago, Guest milk tea said:

Sad..  No wonder taste different. Just now at Chinatown point I saw the long queue again ~

• 2 weeks later...

it is actually gula melaka/ palm sugar
a must in Chendol which Zep has mentioned

Not sure how s Kimochi's nose so strong, can smell from Far

Can ask for less sugar too , although i dont really take such drinks (unless it is under colleagues' suggestion to get them when we r out)

17 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Can ask for less sugar too , although i dont really take such drinks (unless it is under colleagues' suggestion to get them when we r out)

Didn't know can ask for less sugar XD. Cos others stalls like koi, you can change the sugar level for brown sugar fresh milk

Just now, zephin said:

Didn't know can ask for less sugar XD. Cos others stalls like koi, you can change the sugar level for brown sugar fresh milk

can 
Most of the reputable brands should be able to

of course some might argue if lower the level, why bother to order brown sugr drinks then
but nowadays Sporeans are more health-conscious (hopefully the same for the coming CNY)

21 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

Not very far. Around 5 meters.  Next time you go city hall that branch try and smell ~

2 hours ago, Kimochi said:

I never drink too the smell already too sweet 

i tasted once , ok to me, maybe cos i like those food w that eg chendol

No wonder many said men doesnt know how to enjoy life (in japan , mostly ladies are in those desssert/  sweets buffet shop and men doesnt like sourish items too)
my frens were all inside except me (the only guys who are inside that sweet shop is cos their wives commanded them in)

• 1 month later...

Yes, i hve not seen a woman who doesnt luv it (as mentioned abv) as well as they luving choc, after that they complained they need to slim down

by the way, 

for str men, while most do nt have sweet tooth, (gay men have more in the sweet tooth range , nt sure why too)

men tend to like eggs!

a male colleague told me he cannot survive without eggs at each meal

b it u gym *often , i aghast at the amount!

some has boiled eggs everymorning and i saw many queuing at yakun for its sweet kaya and sinful butter bread w eggs

a friend who is a high blood sugar patient, now trying to cut down his weight with gym too, says eggs is a must too, goodness

the keywd is in moderation

i dont take bubble tea more than thrice for the past 3 decades, if my colleagues didnt wanna buy as a grp

* : if u been following the gym section, endless sharing of how much eggs they have eaten at one go

while it appear good to bulk muscles, how abt in the Long run??

many slims and thin asked me why r they in 3highs?? Just look at what your daily lifestyle is made of, will do.

Edited by lovehandle

Guest Redonkulous
4 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

by the way,  for str men, while most do nt have sweet tooth, (gay men have more in the sweet tooth range , nt sure why too)

I hear this so many times and sometimes can't help but wonder how ridiculous can be, in America, men drink regular carbonated soda drinks by the truck loads.

Guest Redonkulous
1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

ie not sweet tooth, ie love carbonated drinks
eg when they drink w alcohol, they have to add soda (very gasy) but not sweet at all
they just need the soda component ie carbonate

Usually use club soda if they just want carbonated with their alcohol, or others go for beer, but sugar beverages takes the bulk.

Even in SG you see so many go for green tea in a bottle, that's like 6-7 tsp of sugar.

i luv all sort of tea sold  @ fast food joint* (not bubble tea- that is a strict NO!), but my 3 highs level (medical report just out in march) is always the lowest among the slimmest  grp of guys in the whole office
i guess it must be eating (& drinking) in moderation!

the biggest joke is i read in the fitness thread : some healthy diet incld yong tau hoo, i dropped my jaws hearing that!!!!
i m a lover of soya beans, toufu of all kinds
Many dont even know what they r absorbing and taking (but i shant go byond to other topic)

*: cos u cannot order carbonated drinks, so i hve to order non gasy

I tried the tiger sugar tea without milk, I think it tastes very much like grassjelly drink. I also tried a sip of tiger sugar milk, just tastes like milk with brown sugar. I feel this is totally not worth the hype, a little expensive and nothing special at all.

Going to be like all the other food fads, soon to be eliminated in a year or two.

1 hour ago, Sibelius said:

I tried the tiger sugar tea without milk, I think it tastes very much like grassjelly drink. I also tried a sip of tiger sugar milk, just tastes like milk with brown sugar. I feel this is totally not worth the hype, a little expensive and nothing special at all.

Going to be like all the other food fads, soon to be eliminated in a year or two.

now u know ? 
but sadly i think the fad wont get eliminated in 2years time

in fact the taiwanese bubble tea enter sg as a restaurant concept decades ago (even quipped with singing performance)
the fad dies down

and then in the  late 2000s, it came back w Koi* and GongCha (no long concept of restaurant w snacks items) leading the whole market

and for past few years, bread talk and whole world keep vying the mkt from Li Ho 

Now it s getting worse : this week opened a new store (all of u shd know its names if u drink, i dont, it kept popping up from my fb pg) as well as Msia

and i trust all such shallow food lovers alrdy knew the alchohol version: https://sg.asia-city.com/city-living/news/heytea-second-outlet-opening-2019?fbclid=IwAR37QQL33_vlQJUhaSDIdZrq8xKtF0CTrllqqwNzkDOG7mnzdOs7AQljIUY

as well as 

mala pot and bubble tea - making all might as well dont resist it

Chinatown point is a breeding point of such : from their tian ren cha to endless tiger

*: despite the concept has changed , now with just smaller store , Kois and some attempted to add chairs for short conversation stay for their customers too
All the kids been telling me Koi is the best amongst all and adults (gals esp)
the media (cant rem which paper) did a test too - they tested tonnes of cups (not 10 or 20 ) 

Observing such disruptive services like Ofo/obike and grab is my interests
all my postings (if i personally dont experience them)- nt just about bb tea,  i will ensure that i analyse their reports, get from media , check on the tests ( over a period of time, not observing just for a short while and started sprouIng) before i share

Guest bubblesblub
On 3/17/2019 at 10:48 AM, Sibelius said:

yep the Capital Piazza branch already no queue anymore and quite empty. I always pass by, because take the short cut from MRT...  not sure on weekend. Some weeks back queue up to MRT. (seriously).

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest tiger

Finally tried my first cup at chinatown point. tried the boba and pearl. the taste is like eating the chendol gula melaka without the green colours things, chinchow and redbean. a few sips and then finished already. feel like not enough for the price.

• 2 months later...

Sugar overdosed.

Call me boring; if I were to take English Tea or Chines Tea, I will take the original (example, like Earl Grey by itself and PuEr by itself).

I can't learn to appreciate all the fusion, creativity for all these new drinks. Or maybe age is a factor, for my case. :lol:

2 hours ago, thorzguy said:

Sugar overdosed.

Call me boring; if I were to take English Tea or Chines Tea, I will take the original (example, like Earl Grey by itself and PuEr by itself).

I can't learn to appreciate all the fusion, creativity for all these new drinks. Or maybe age is a factor, for my case. :lol:

hopefully its not age. I feel that same way though haha. But then again, im 24 and borderline feel old soetimes haha

2 hours ago, justincayl said:

hopefully its not age. I feel that same way though haha. But then again, im 24 and borderline feel old soetimes haha

Hahaha... I do not mind the occasional sugar (desserts, ice cream etc)... but these teas are just simply "too out of the world" for my taste bud.

And.... No, you are not old. Only 24 years. Lol.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Since u r here said:

they said true tea appreciator should really try HeyTea!

anyway, he raised a good point , at one point sporeans complain many ailments or want a better body yet: be it at jewel or AMK
https://www.facebook.com/everydaysg/videos/vb.313372322082093/762919824166690/?type=2&theater

Cannot see the link... 

1 minute ago, Since u r here said:

cant be, it is a public link...
I posted because i agree with the statement with this video
https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=762919824166690
https://www.facebook.com/everydaysg/videos/762919824166690/

Haha my bad ~ hugs 

• 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, CactusNSF02 said:

It’s a young ppl thang, Y’ll dun get it 

Yeah wait till you see all the people getting diabetes and fat, which I highly suspect the rate climbing higher already since government emphasis on cutting sugary stuffs. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 11:35 AM, Kimochi said:

Yeah wait till you see all the people getting diabetes and fat, which I highly suspect the rate climbing higher already since government emphasis on cutting sugary stuffs. 

yes absolutely agree 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.