Male HQ

Looking For Local Reno Contractor/Designer

Guest Guest

I am planning to renovate my 3 rm flat. Basically, a simple kitchen, buildin wardrobe for 2 rooms, painting of whole house, electricity, polish marble living room floor and change flooring of 2 rooms. 

I have only 1 demand. That is that all workers must be Singaporeans, not PRs, malaysians or prc..and all carpentary must be made in Singapore. 

Why am I doing this? Its to give Singaporeans, especially those out of work Singaporeans a chance in employment. I rather my money goes to our economy than flow out.

Do you guys have any recommendations on a good Singaporean company to handle this project?

I am willing to pay more with a budget of $18 to $20k.

Basically your requirement is not really reasonable. First of all, labour cost for carpentry work done by Singaporean is much more expensive than those Malaysian ones. The same with other contractors, you may be able to get a company registered in Sg but construction workers/renovation workers are mostly Banglah or Malaysian. Hence, you need to cater the fact that $18-20k is rather a very tight budget for old unit. Just to give an example for you to understand better, to hack and redo Kitchen cabinet and perhaps to change Kitchen tiles already cost you normally $10k. If you require Singaporean carpenter to handle it, it may fall to $13-15k.