Male HQ

MOM Labour Force Survey

Guest waste time

Guest waste time

Has anyone successfully opt out of MOM Labour Force Survey before? Any consequences of not complying?

I have nothing to hide. It's just that I have to complete one survey every month for 6 months and it takes 20 minutes to fill up one survey.

Guest Time Waster
34 minutes ago, Guest waste time said:

Has anyone successfully opt out of MOM Labour Force Survey before? Any consequences of not complying?

I have nothing to hide. It's just that I have to complete one survey every month for 6 months and it takes 20 minutes to fill up one survey.

Tell them no time. The survey will be fixed  by YOU-KNOW-WHO  and than  presented differently from your view.  

Guest Sport-coholic

Whether one likes it or not, it's compulsory to do if one has been selected. 'Yes. The Labour Force Survey is conducted under the Statistics Act. Refusing to answer or knowingly providing false information is an offence punishable by a fine of up to $1,000.'

https://www.mom.gov.sg/faq/statistics-and-publications/is-it-compulsory-to-respond-to-the-labour-force-survey

Edited by Sport-coholic

Guest Kiss Ass!

There is no law to compel people to do the survey as it intrudes into a personal privacy.  Everyone should have the basic rights and be  respected of that fundamental human rights.  If the Ho of Temasex didn't wish to disclose how much perks and salary she drew which it of public interest, we ordinary folks should not be so "transparent" to them too  and the G wouldn't want to believe everything ordinary folks said in the first place and always deemed our voices as fake news.

7 hours ago, Guest Kiss Ass! said:

There is no law to compel people to do the survey as it intrudes into a personal privacy.  Everyone should have the basic rights and be  respected of that fundamental human rights.  If the Ho of Temasex didn't wish to disclose how much perks and salary she drew which it of public interest, we ordinary folks should not be so "transparent" to them too  and the G wouldn't want to believe everything ordinary folks said in the first place and always deemed our voices as fake news.

You are wrong... there IS a law... the Statistics Act, as pointed out by Sport-coholic, for the Labour Force Survey.  Many government surveys are governed by Acts, and this makes it compulsory for you to provide particulars or information.  So next time you get a survey form, you need to differentiate whether that survey is conducted under any Act (which makes it compulsory) or is voluntary :)

4 hours ago, Lookingood said:

You are wrong... there IS a law... the Statistics Act, as pointed out by Sport-coholic, for the Labour Force Survey.  Many government surveys are governed by Acts, and this makes it compulsory for you to provide particulars or information.  So next time you get a survey form, you need to differentiate whether that survey is conducted under any Act (which makes it compulsory) or is voluntary :)

How was such an oppressive law enacted? If anyone refuses to be interviewed (esp. if he has not commited any crime) why must he be forced?

Guest Private
On 1/22/2019 at 10:06 PM, Guest waste time said:

It is unconstitutional to steal people privacy and private informations.

Guest Password
2 hours ago, Marineboy said:

They have 2/3 majority in parliament and therefore laws can be tweeked very easily....at their will and fancy...people still want to give such power to the people in charge then we have to live with the consequences....

It was like giving stranger an ATM card to your bank account and trust that he won't steal your money.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.