Male HQ

Why are people obsess with High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)?

kidster

Why are people obsess with High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)? Isn't it circuit training with a more hypee name?

I saw a lot of people paying for attending classes at parks. The exercises they do are not so different from what we do in NS. 

Am I missing something?

Edited by kidster

1 hour ago, kidster said:

Why are people obsess with High Intensity Tactical Training (HITT)? Isn't it circuit training with a more hypee name?

I saw a lot of people paying for attending classes at parks. The exercises they do are not so different from what we do in NS. 

Am I missing something?

Nope they are typically the same. Ditto for tabata. Aim is to make you pant like a dog to burn your body.  

Need lots of warm up and stretching ya 

1 hour ago, kidster said:

Why are people obsess with High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)? Isn't it circuit training with a more hypee name?

Am I missing something?

You can do it with weights, it will burn fats faster than cardio like running and tone your muscles.

Exercises are more or less the same but the intervals are short between 10 - 30 sec and you move on to the next at a high intensity. Keeps your heart rate up. Of course, there are different intensities based on how fit you are. Very good for weight loss, qualified by a balanced nutrition/caloric deficit.

It is even more effective if you do it with weights as per @Allegro's post

Based on terminology, HIIT is used primarily in cardio exercise, with an intensity of greater than the maximal capacity that you can handle. Usually, you can only manage to keep up at around 30-90 seconds of work before you have your rest (work to rest ratio of 1:5). Some literature even suggested that for body to adapt and improve, one would need to keep up with the high levels of intensity for a couple of minutes. For circuits, we tend to use it more in some form of resistance, regardless of bodyweight or dumbbells/etc. By definition, it is unlikely that one will be able to perform circuits for that level of intensity. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest

Lol, so many replies but no one answered TS’ question.

@TS, it’s an effective fat loss exercise that also saves time. 20mins of HIIT could burn more than 60mins jogging at moderate pace. And because it can be an all body workout, one can also get a better physique through HIIT than a runner’s body.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.