Male HQ

TPG Mobile (4th Telco) - free "unlimited" data plan for 12 months

sphere

Strangely, no one is talking about their free SIM card?

It's "unlimited" data plan, capped at 2GB per day at 4G speed (thereafter speeds capped at 1Mbps) - all for $0 for 12 months.

You can register up to two SIM Cards under the same identification number (if you need a second card, just register a second time).

Should you decided to try their offer - their registration only opens at 9am daily (they are restricting the number of registration each day) and usually registration will closed within the hour. Take note that you also need to upload a jpg file of your NRIC and follow other onscreen form application/instruction.

More details at their website:
tpgmobile.sg

-----------------------------------------------------------

I've gotten mine, which I intend to use it for data, since my current data plan is the lower end one. Now I can "freely roam" around for 12 months. Haha.

One thing though, I can't seem to make outgoing calls (same for my other friend who got the SIM card), however, I'm not so bothered with it since I'm pretty unlikely to use this new number for any calls.

Edited by sphere

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

Yes, it was difficult initially when they sent me 2 emails (on separate occasions) that I could start registering, which I was unable to register then.

Now that they fixed it at 9am daily, it is "somewhat easier".
I also got a few colleagues to sign up when it was around 9am a few days ago.

In any case, the distribution of SIM cards will stop from 3 Feb (today) to 6 Feb for the festive season, they will reopen again on 7 Feb.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

20 minutes ago, Guest Driclor said:

Is the Q long?

I collected last Friday, about 20-25 minutes wait.
I heard the wait was more than 1 hour yesterday.
Depends on your luck I suppose.

Guest Driclor
14 minutes ago, sphere said:

I collected last Friday, about 20-25 minutes wait.
I heard the wait was more than 1 hour yesterday.
Depends on your luck I suppose.

Thanks, wanted to go on Friday too but too lazy... going on 7th Feb.

27 minutes ago, Guest Driclor said:

BTW, any idea can we choose numbers or they assign?

No, there is no number selection, you will be given a random number and it will be sent to your registered email.

2 minutes ago, geizershow said:

Oh? Dunnid to queue to collect?

Err... I wasn't answering to the queueing question, could you read down from the top in sequence? Thanks.

Guest Driclor
On 2/3/2019 at 6:49 PM, Guest Driclor said:

Last hope is not too long Q...

BTW, any idea can we choose numbers or they assign?

Almost 2 hours of Q-ing today...

4 hours ago, Guest Driclor said:

Hi all,

Are you guys able to make incoming and outgoing calls with the TPG SIM? I cannot! Can only surf the internet :(

They only support VOLTE handsets for voice. They have already stated that earlier. 

On 2/2/2019 at 9:00 PM, sphere said:

Strangely, no one is talking about their free SIM card?

One thing though, I can't seem to make outgoing calls (same for my other friend who got the SIM card), however, I'm not so bothered with it since I'm pretty unlikely to use this new number for any calls.

Just sharing my experience. It was so bloody difficult to register. I am too lazy to dig up all the dates but I got their email on the second last day of redemption at about 7AM, cabbing on the way to work i tried to register my account failed. Thought it was due me trying to sign up with phone. Went to office, tried again with desktop, I couldn't register at about 2 hour from receiving the mailer. Went to HWZ, many said they had that problem and apparently that the sim cards were sold out .. dunno true or not. Gave up ..

A few days later I got a mailer from Singtel with some vouchers and free data upsize thing. Gave up and decided to sign up for it cos it was way more than I needed. 

6 hours ago, Behrhunter said:

They only support VOLTE handsets for voice. They have already stated that earlier. 

Just sharing my experience. It was so bloody difficult to register. I am too lazy to dig up all the dates but I got their email on the second last day of redemption at about 7AM, cabbing on the way to work i tried to register my account failed. Thought it was due me trying to sign up with phone. Went to office, tried again with desktop, I couldn't register at about 2 hour from receiving the mailer. Went to HWZ, many said they had that problem and apparently that the sim cards were sold out .. dunno true or not. Gave up ..

A few days later I got a mailer from Singtel with some vouchers and free data upsize thing. Gave up and decided to sign up for it cos it was way more than I needed. 

On the contrary, I managed to sign up 3 days ago and the process was smooth with no errors. Just have to pick it up now.

5 hours ago, Behrhunter said:

Is there a "last day of redemption" given? I don't recall reading about this and they are still accepting registration...

I also registered my interest when I heard about their free trial late last year, and I received their emails on 2 separate dates (8 and 25 Jan) telling me that I could now register for the SIM card. Like you, I was unable to as their registration website was always "closed" for the day.

I checked their website for updates and finally there was a notice that they will be opened at 9am for "limited" registration daily from 29 Jan onwards, and I finally registered on 31 Jan at that stated timing.

Is Singtel plan any better than this "unlimited" data plan?

Even if TPG capped at 2GB per day, that is a good 60GB per month for a data plan eh. Anyway, no harm getting this since it is free for 12 months, and they are still "open" at 9am daily (which I mentioned also in my first post) for registration eh. Good day.

1 hour ago, thinking35 said:

Me too, turn on VoLTE but still cannot make voice call and also cannot received call... also not the normal "unavailable" message, just engaged tone when called the TPG number :(

Hmm, according to their website, "Currently, Huawei Nova 3iHonor 10 Lite and Samsung S9 / S9+ are supported" (read here).

Just for information.

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, SnoozeNude said:

Pretty nice to have a free number and even nicer to have free data. Collected today around 1.15pm and literally took less than 2 minutes. 9 people serving and no queue 

every morning i go see the website, always not available leh.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall..

4 minutes ago, Lonelyboy90 said:

every morning i go see the website, always not available leh.

I checked (was just being curious) yesterday morning and right at this instant, the registration page is still available.

They usualy would start around 9am, hope you catch the right timing soon eh.

2 hours ago, sphere said:

I checked (was just being curious) yesterday morning and right at this instant, the registration page is still available.

They usualy would start around 9am, hope you catch the right timing soon eh.

i shall start to camp from 850am daily. HAHAHAHAHAH

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall..

6 minutes ago, Lonelyboy90 said:

u start at 8.55am and keep refreshing the page every few minutes... that's what i did.

also, better to get the necessary documents ready and think of the username used b4 that 

good luck...

I'm currently scripting a review on TPG's 4G experience, will post the video here after I'm done. Actually pretty excited as TPG will definitely cause the other telcos to compete even more in this market! (:

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

10 hours ago, Lonelyboy90 said:

10 hours ago, thinking35 said:

--

I actually registered for myself and colleagues around 10am++ and collected the same day. If you have issues uploading in ur phone and you’re on android, u can use chrome and try to use desktop mode. Colleagues couldn’t upload their files on their iPhones so I had to help them. 

1 hour ago, thinking35 said:

Do you guys find that the mobile battery drains faster with TPG?

Not that I'm aware, but I can understand why. Poor 4G/WiFi signal will impact the battery life of the phone. 

19 minutes ago, Firday said:

any ideas after the trial period of the charges ?

if below $20 can consider to renew but i doubt so.

most likely between 25 to 35 range

Unsure at this point, given that they're still in testing phase and it's not even half a year of public use yet. 

• 1 month later...

After a month, lots of problems: even though signal shows is strong, keep getting network unavailable etc. messages. Cannot make or receive calls, cannot access any data. No choice, gotta ask help from support...via email! :blink:

9 hours ago, Cube3 said:

After a month, lots of problems: even though signal shows is strong, keep getting network unavailable etc. messages. Cannot make or receive calls, cannot access any data. No choice, gotta ask help from support...via email! :blink:

It's on their website, clear as day and when you're signing up, that you can't make calls or SMS reliably lol. And their signal is still spotty. 

Doesn't help that suddenly 200,000 are using a service that's in its infancy

I use this on another device for me to watch videos or play games, and shifted most of my games to this said device. 

I don't complain that I run out of battery on my main device now at least. But sometimes the signal is really off.

When I enter the server room to do work the signal almost completely dies.

Well at least I can concentrate on working, huh. 

2 GB a day is 60 GB a month, and that's 5 times what I currently have on my main phone. 

Enough to download games or game data on the spot.

Enough to watch youtube during the day and the other tubes in the night.

Enough to browse anything when commuting.

Hoping to know about the pricing too.

Edited by feedersmiracle

Speaking loudly, suffers softly. Smiles so wide, cuts unseen inside.

Bitin' the bullet, but never kick the bucket.

Guest Chiva Som

My feedback after several months of use.

Generally the data line is as good as any other telco. Fast and clear.

BUT, once you are in the MRT or tunnel, it gets cut off.

I have not tried their voice line as I do  not own an Huawei nor Samsung 9.

Been using it for few months now...

Data line is ok except for MRT, Tunnels, Underground and some corners of a building (including Shopping Malls)... totally no signal.

Voice call is ok but I get feedback that someone called me but i am not available while my mobile is on standby mode. So wonder if is service problem or signal problem.

One thing, I find that turning on data is very battery consuming even if the signal is full bar.

Hope will improve more in months to come before it starts to charge.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, rick2ay said:

Just curious, anyone knows what is going to happen to TPG? Are they going to start charging after the 1 year?

Well, am still waiting how their price plan(s) would be like when they are starting to bill us (mine is just 1 year and 1 month into their free unlimited data plan), may not consider subscribing if the plan(s) is not ideal.

Just checked my account with them, still no bill to pay. I don't mind keeping it this way for "as long as possible". Haha.

6 hours ago, sphere said:

Well, am still waiting how their price plan(s) would be like when they are starting to bill us (mine is just 1 year and 1 month into their free unlimited data plan), may not consider subscribing if the plan(s) is not ideal.

Just checked my account with them, still no bill to pay. I don't mind keeping it this way for "as long as possible". Haha.

Haha. Can you update here if they start billing? LOL. I am also waiting. Mine is almost 1 year. I signed up in late March.  So just wondering.

5 hours ago, rick2ay said:

Haha. Can you update here if they start billing? LOL. I am also waiting. Mine is almost 1 year. I signed up in late March.  So just wondering.

Sure, but based on my understanding, they will inform you (probably through email) that they will start to charge at a "specific" date later when the time is about to come, so you don't have to worry for now eh, haha.

4 hours ago, Firday said:

seriously, i find it very unstable in term of data reception and i have to complement with other teleco when i got important task to perform. Well, since is free so i can't complaint much except if they start to charge whereby the data reception is bad then not my worth for it. 

i watch a few youtube estimate about 5 short clip, the tpg sms that i used up the 2gb so i m getting doubtful why so fast to use the 2gb data.

I do agree with you on this, I might not want to continue with them as their reception is not all that good (and somehow draining the battery faster?).

I'll still use it now since it is still free, haha.

On 2/29/2020 at 9:37 PM, rick2ay said:

Mine was extended for a month till end of last month. I am still able to use it since the last day of the extension. They have not contacted me on billing, yet. They have a claimer that users will not be billed unless they have been given consent to do so.

• 2 months later...

Your current service trial plan will expire on 30/05/2020 00:00:00. 

Did anyone renew TPG? I still don't get connection underground.

TGP claims they have network in Malaysia and Indonesia some time back but when I was there, it doesn't work at all.

• 1 year later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.