Male HQ

Do you support made in singapore product?

66xing99

Just checking with dear netizens here,

do you go all out to support made in Singapore product if there is a chance?

Given that raw materials and labour cost here are high, are you willing to support local entrepreneurs and businesses even though

it may cost more?

Also given that the products are well made and of better quality?

I have the impressions that the local consumer here either just go for very cheap products (which can be inferior quality) or highly recognisable branded products.

Love to hear what you think? Thanks

1 minute ago, LeanMature said:

I don't,  if there is a cheaper product of good or better quality.  

Ditto. Why make it if there's a cheaper and better option available? Unless its something other products do not have. 

2 hours ago, 66xing99 said:

Given that raw materials and labour cost here are high, are you willing to support local entrepreneurs and businesses even though

it may cost more?

I have the impressions that the local consumer here either just go for very cheap products (which can be inferior quality) or highly recognisable branded products.

Assuming the quality/content are the same, yet others (non locals) are offering at a more attractive prices, I do not see why should be patronizing the local products?

I m a sensible consumer. I support a perfect competition market. May the best supplier win.

Ceteris paribus, though very unlikely, I will support a local brand. I won't blindly or emotionally support a local for the sake of supporting a local. Meritocracy at its best.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

14 hours ago, 66xing99 said:

It's about supporting the local industry, I often hear people bemoaning Singapore lacking in a innovative culture but most dont put money where the mouth is whenever it does happen.

Of course, if same quality and same price, I buy the Singapore product.  Unfortunately,  local products are way way expensive due to higher cost of manpower and production. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

22 hours ago, 66xing99 said:

it may cost more?

Nope sorry i don't lol.

On 2/11/2019 at 11:18 PM, 66xing99 said:

It's about supporting the local industry, I often hear people bemoaning Singapore lacking in a innovative culture but most dont put money where the mouth is whenever it does happen.

I didn't realised I have been using a Made in SG product for quite a while - Pearlie White Mouth Rinse.

2 main reasons why I gotten that - taste (during and after rinse) and price. And my dentist nod her head too. :D

12 hours ago, wilfgene said:

Made/Assembled in Sg with raw materials from where?

For instance, blood diamonds and products of sweat shops.

Even more specific, rare earth extracted with child slave labor.

Thanks for bringing in the ethical aspect of this discussion, I agree with you one should question if the product is sustainably sourced, especially if the price point is ridiculously low priced. 

11 hours ago, 66xing99 said:

Thanks for bringing in the ethical aspect of this discussion, I agree with you one should question if the product is sustainably sourced, especially if the price point is ridiculously low priced. 

On 2/13/2019 at 1:39 AM, wilfgene said:

Even more specific, rare earth extracted with child slave labor.

As in your hand-phone and the so called environmentally friendly electric vehicles.