Male HQ

How to bulk?

Srl13064

Hey all. 

I’m 170cm, 66 kg, 29 year old. My job requires me to walk around quite a bit, about 1.6-2km per day. I gym about 2-3 times a week, trying to lift weights heavier or the same as the previous session. 

I want to start bulking (and then cut later on). I’ve calculated my TDEE to be 2468 cal and the website recommended me to consume 2968 cal per day. 35:30:35 carb:protein:fat is the macro ratio. 

I have a few questions. 

Is the amount of calorie ok? Too much? Too little?

Is the macro ratio ok?

Thank you all for your opinions!!

It really depends on how intense you lift, how much sleep you get and how your body reacts to exercise. 

Judging from your pic, I would actually suggest upping the protein intake alot in the first few months to jump start your body's muscle building. Aim for 80-100g protein a day for the first few weeks when you really up the weights on the gym. And thats every day, not just on gym days. Split the 100g over 4-5 meals. With one before you go to the gym, one within 30-45min after the workout. Instead of increasing weights everytime, try increasing number of reps and sets on the same weight first, then adding more weight while cutting down reps.

Cut down to 50-60g protein, and resume a more normal diest after 6-8 weeks

Carbs and fat seem reasonable but again, spread out over 4-5 meals.

Yup. 

Also, pay attention to form when doing weights, don't cheat by jingling the weight to complete the rep. For every second spent lifting, spend two seconds lowering it. Eccentrics will help you bulk up faster.

And spend equal time on squats and legs vs. chest and biceps. Lol. You get more of a testosterone boost and bulk faster if you do both.

Lastly, lots of sleep and water.

• 1 year later...
On 2/13/2019 at 5:56 PM, Srl13064 said:

Ok. I do try not to jingle my weights to complete a rep. And ok, I’ll put a conscious effort on eccentrics. 

Oh man. Legs day (and the day after) are painful. :( ok, I’ll persevere.

Thanks for the advice dude. 

hey hows your result?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.