Male HQ

Gavin's Massage Therapy @Bedok/Tanah Merah

agog

CIRCUIT BREAKER MODE

I continue to receive requests for bookings. For the record, I'm in circuit breaker mode - ie, I've hit the PAUSE button. 

In case you're not aware, the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Bill was passed on Tuesday and is now in force. It legislates, among other things, that individuals must not allow unrelated persons to enter his or her home except in very limited circumstances. Penalties include a fine of up to $10,000 or a jail term of up to six months.

So please take this circuit breaker seriously, and stay home. 

阻断措施

我继续收到预订请求。 作为记录,在阻断措施期间. 我按下了PAUSE按钮。

如果您不知道,Covid-19(临时措施)法案已于周二通过,现已生效。 除其他事项外,该法律还规定,除非在非常有限的情况下,否则个人不得允许无关的人进入他或她的家。 刑罚包括高达$ 10,000的罚款或长达六个月的监禁。

因此,请认真对待此阻断措施,并留在家里。

Edited by agog

• 4 weeks later...

STATUS QUO AT HALFTIME

As we enter the halfway mark of this extended circuit breaker, I hope everyone is staying well and keeping their spirits up.

For the avoidance of doubt, the easing of the measures for home-based services on 12 May has absolutely nothing to do with home-based massage services. The relaxation of rules apply only to home-based food businesses. Massage therapy continues to be a non-essential, and any infringement of the rules spelt out in the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Bill carries a heavy penalty. And in recent days we have already seen offenders being hauled to court. 

I  shall remain closed, until such time as the authorities rule that it's safe to resume again. 

• 2 weeks later...

TOUCH-DEPRIVED

There's still plenty of unknowns, post-June 1, and the authorities are adopting a calibrated and careful approach when it comes to lifting some of the CB measures. What is certain is, life will not return to normal. It cannot be business as usual and a new normal awaits. 

Physical touch is the very essence of massage therapy. But Covid-19 has turned this basis on its head, and touch is now seen as a risky activity.  As massage involves high touch and close contact, it is likely to be one of the last sectors to be allowed to reopen. 

To all my touch-deprived clients, please hang in there. We will touch again. I'm not sure when, but it will happen. 

Take care and stay safe.

PHASED LIFE

Yes, we are exiting the circuit breaker, but no, we are not returning to life before Covid-19.

The multi-ministry task force on Covid-19 announced yesterday a three-phase plan to restart social life and the economy. Massage is not included in phases 1 and 2.

The transition from phase 1 to 2 will take 4 weeks, at the earliest. The consideration behind this timeline is that each incubation period takes 14 days. Businesses allowed in phase 2 (F&B, gyms, sports) will come onboard in stages, and this phase will last several months.

Phase 3 is where services and activities that involve prolonged close contact (like massages) or crowd management risk in an enclosed space (theatres, bars and nightclubs) would be allowed to reopen. 

While the timelines are still fluid, there will be no major shifts in the order that specific industry sectors can restart.

In summary, there's no start date yet for massages. But chin up, guys. We will get there soon - one day. 

• 2 weeks later...

MANAGING EXPECTATIONS

There's a chance that you might get your massages and spa treatment before the end of June, under Phase 2, as reported in today's ST.
https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/singapore-ends-covid-19-circuit-breaker-how-does-it-affect-you-from-june-2

The caveat, of course, is that the number of community cases must remain low and under control in Phase 1.

So there's no need to rush to make your appointment just yet. The situation remains in flux and rules may well change. 

Edited by agog

RELIEVING ANXIETY WITH ACUPRESSURE

While we're waiting with bated breath for the reopening of the wellness sector, here's a little read from ST (3 May 2020) on Acupressure, which I practise and incorporate in my therapy. Mental well-being is an integral part of our overall health and should never be overlooked.

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/relieving-anxiety-with-acupressure-a-form-of-traditional-chinese-medicine

PS: I remain closed until further notice. My thanks and sincere apologies to those who've continued to ask for an appointment. 

Edited by agog

• 2 weeks later...

SAFE REOPENING

Massage services resume today, Fri, 19 June. 

With the anticipated increased interaction, the authorities expect to see a rise in community spread. So, please act responsibly and continue to maintain personal hygiene and follow safe distancing rules.

As I reopen, I would like to remind clients not to visit if they are (a) feeling unwell or (b) serving any social distancing orders - QO, SHN, LOA.

To help keep us safe:

1) I will mask up. Optional for client.
2) Single-use disposables are provided for each session.
3) Massage table and paraphernalia are Dettol-disinfected.
4) Towels are sanitised with an antibacterial cleaner.
5) Fresh batch of massage and essential oil is prepped for each client.
6) Hand sanitiser will be available.

Stay cautious, guys. I'll see you soon.

Edited by agog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A Burning Question: diffusers versus candles?

The primary ingredient in most scented candles (Yankee included) is paraffin wax, which throws scent well, but releases many toxic carcinogens and harmful vapours into the air. These toxins - benzene and toluene - are unsafe and linked to asthma and lung cancer. Paraffin wax is unfit for candles because it has to be blended with chemicals in order to emit fragrance.

On the other hand, diffusing essential oils releases oxygenating molecules and negative ions into the air and your environment. Negative ions are known to clear the air of mould spores, pollen, pet dander, odours, bacteria, viruses, and other hazardous airborne particles.

So, if true aromatherapy is what you seek, the benefits of diffusing essential oils far outweigh the harm of burning scented candles.

Gavin's Swedish & Acupressure Full Body Oil Massage (with Aromatherapy)

Appointments via Line ID: atticle

Edited by agog

Why I use only therapeutic grade pure cold pressed massage oils

Regular clients would know that I often emphasise the importance of using the right grade of massage oil.

Cold pressed oils retain all their nutrients and have no chemicals added in the extraction process, ensuring the purest quality natural oils. They are food grade oils of the highest quality available. Which also explains why they cost significantly more. 

They are not stretched with mineral oils to make them cheaper. Pure cold pressed oils are golden in colour and are thick luxurious oils that nourish and moisturise the skin. Stretched oils, on the other hand, are thin and watery in texture and clog your pores.

As oils applied onto the skin are absorbed into the body, it makes good sense to use only organic oils that contain pure and natural ingredients. 

I deliberately keep my rates competitive so that more can experience and enjoy the benefits of premium grade massage oils. 

Skin is the human body’s largest organ. Always find out what your masseurs put on your skin. If in doubt, ask and clarify.

Gavin's Swedish & Acupressure Full Body Oil Massage

Bookings via Line: atticle

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • agog changed the title to Gavin's home-based Massage Therapy @Bedok/Tanah Merah
On 9/28/2020 at 2:00 PM, bwind88 said:

I had tried Gavin. I hardly give reviews. But his skill is really good. When I go massage I hardly fall a sleep. But he really make me fall a sleep. 

Many thanks @bwind88for your kind words and patronage. I look forward to giving you another snooze-inducing session soon. 

On 10/6/2020 at 9:11 AM, keithoneu said:

I’ve tried many massage listed in BW. I must say Gavin is top of my list. He’s professional, he engage and communicate with his customer. Understand and always checking if the customer is comfortable. Thank you Gavin, I enjoyed the massage very much. 

Big thanks to @keithoneufor your stamp of approval. It makes my day to know that I rank high on your list. 

Hi guys, here are my answers to some common questions. I hope you find them useful. Feel free to PM me if you have any other queries.

Duration & Cost
I offer a standard session that lasts 90 minutes at $80 (for now). No complicated menus with varying durations and different prices to boggle the mind.

NSFs and uni students, PM me for your rate.

Cash or contactless payment accepted.

Style & Pressure
It's a comprehensive full body oil massage that literally covers head to toe. Method adopted is a mix of Swedish and acupressure. Strokes and presses are firm and sometimes deep but never too hard. 

Oils
I'll never use low-cost mineral oils, which are bad for your skin. Only professional therapeutic grade pure cold pressed massage oil and pure essential oils are used to protect both your skin and mine.

There are no add-on charges for essential oil of your choice, which is blended with the massage oil.

A fresh batch of oils is prepared for every new client. I'll never compromise on hygiene and use leftover oils.

Essential oils are diffused on an oil burner. I don't burn toxic scented candles.

Table for One
A massage table is provided. I don't do it on the floor or on a sleeping bed. 

Dress code
Birthday suit. You will be draped in a supersized body towel to protect your modesty. 

Keeping it Safe
Disposable sheets are used. 

Massage table is disinfected after every session. 

I will be masked, and the session is carried out in a private airconditioned room.

Session is conducted at my private residence in the east. If you are using public transport, it's a mere two bus stops away from Tanah Merah station. For drivers, parking is free (Yay!)

Operating Hours & Booking
12noon to 10pm (last appointment) 

I take appointments via Telegram (cgavin) or Line (atticle). PM me if you do not use any of these apps.

Edited by agog

• 2 weeks later...

What is Swedish & Acupressure Massage?

Swedish massage uses a series of long strokes in light to medium pressure to ease surface tension and stimulate circulation in the muscles. This technique generally provides a calming and relaxing experience.

Acupressure is a technique that is used to relieve pain and muscle tension. It is performed using fingers gradually pressing onto meridians around the body to stimulate pain relief and muscle relaxation. It is believed that in applying pressure to specific acupoints, organs and systems of the body can be flushed and rejuvenated, restoring balance to the body.

Edited by agog

Massage and your Exercise Regime

Quite a number of clients have been turning up for my massage session complaining of the usual aches and pains caused by their intense exercise regime or poor ergonomics in their home office.

To achieve everyday performance at an optimal level, make massage an integral part of your life. This is especially important if you also exercise regularly.

Do not underestimate the value of having a regular massage. Here are just some of its benefits.

Detoxification
Massage strokes when applied encourages the body to eliminate toxins and lactic acid, which are produced during intense training.

Stress Relief
Massage helps to destress by allowing the worries of everyday living to melt away.

Post-Workout Recovery

Intense training puts a strain on muscles. For muscle tissue to grow, muscle fibres must first be broken down.  Massage helps to deliver this.

Increased Blood Flow
Massage strokes increase the blood supply to muscles. They also enhance waste disposal.

Improving Sleep
Massage reduces the amount of tension in the muscles and promotes a much deeper and restful sleep.

Fundamentally, having a massage connects you to how your body feels. It puts you more in touch with yourself and how each part of your body is feeling. When your body feels good during and after a massage, so do you.
With a judicious balance of exercise, massage, healthy eating and rest, you will feel better and healthier.

Gavin's Swedish & Acupressure Full Body Oil Massage

Line: atticle

Telegram: cgavin

Arranged a session with Gavin last week. This is my third time going back!

Gavin is great at what he does - professional, sensitive to my needs and generally very accommodating as well! I had a few requests along the way and he really took time to meet those needs too.

He also asked beforehand what oil I preferred to use for the session. This is a small touch, but it is something that I don't see a lot in many places.

He also replies and communicates relatively fast as well. I really enjoyed the whole experience!

Not my last session. Highly recommend to anyone in the area looking for a great massage experience :) 

On 11/16/2020 at 11:12 AM, Derrick 12345 said:

Arranged a session with Gavin last week. This is my third time going back!

Gavin is great at what he does - professional, sensitive to my needs and generally very accommodating as well! I had a few requests along the way and he really took time to meet those needs too.

He also asked beforehand what oil I preferred to use for the session. This is a small touch, but it is something that I don't see a lot in many places.

He also replies and communicates relatively fast as well. I really enjoyed the whole experience!

Not my last session. Highly recommend to anyone in the area looking for a great massage experience :) 

Thank you @Derrick 12345 for your steadfast support. Appreciate the effort taken to write and share this review with the community here. 

Just had my first session with Gavin today. It was very very relaxing. Tough on the spots that need to and soft whenever necessary. Gavin always make sure that I am comfortable and if his pressure are too much for me. Even had extra time at the end to slowly retake my time to wake.

Highly recommended if you want a nice relaxing massage. Will definitely visit again!

On 11/28/2020 at 8:02 PM, speedoswim said:

Just had my first session with Gavin today. It was very very relaxing. Tough on the spots that need to and soft whenever necessary. Gavin always make sure that I am comfortable and if his pressure are too much for me. Even had extra time at the end to slowly retake my time to wake.

Highly recommended if you want a nice relaxing massage. Will definitely visit again!

Many thanks @speedoswim for checking me out. Glad you liked the session, and I appreciate your review. Hope to see you again soon. 

Worth Every Scent

Massage therapy is linked to a decrease in physical aches and pains and an improvement in mood. The use of essential oils in aromatherapy helps to enhance these effects.

I have curated a range of botanical pure essential oils to suit every need. You will be invited to pick one, at no extra charge, when you book an appointment with me.

However, if you prefer your massage oil unscented, just let me know. Only therapeutic grade pure cold pressed massage oil will be used. Beneficial ingredients include vitamins C & E, jojoba & wheatgerm.

1. Detoxifying Lemongrass       : Sweet lemon
2. Relaxing Lavender                : Floral, herbal
3. Calming Bergamot                : Spicy, citrus
4. Fragrant Geranium                : Fresh, sweet & rose-like
5. Romantic Ylang Ylang           : Sweet, floral
6. Energising May Chang          : Sweet, citrus
7. Cleansing Eucalyptus            : Fresh, camphor

Gavin's Swedish & Acupressure Full Body Oil Massage + Aromatherapy

• 2 weeks later...

LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

None of us has been spared the relentless ravages of Covid-19, and no one knows when this pandemic will run its course. But what brings much cheer is the first vaccine approved by Singapore will arrive this month.
As we look forward to better days in the new year, let's continue to mind our health and watch out for one another.
To all who have visited me this year, I would like to say a big thank you for your support.
Here's wishing all a blissful holiday season.

Edited by agog

IT'S ABOUT TIME

To better meet your needs, I've decided to extend my operating hours with immediate effect.

Daily slots will now be available from 12noon to 9pm (last appointment).

Gavin's Swedish & Acupressure Full Body Oil Massage + Aromatherapy

Edited by agog

First time trying massage here in BW and I'm lucky to meet Gavin! His skill is really good, worth every cents of your money! He is very passionate of what he is doing and professional to explain what he will going to do next. The whole process is very good and very enjoyable. Will definitely come back! Everyone should try out yourself

On 12/30/2020 at 11:29 PM, Will09 said:

First time trying massage here in BW and I'm lucky to meet Gavin! His skill is really good, worth every cents of your money! He is very passionate of what he is doing and professional to explain what he will going to do next. The whole process is very good and very enjoyable. Will definitely come back! Everyone should try out yourself

Many thanks @Will09for the shoutout. It's been a pleasure meeting you. Hope to see you again soon.

Been to a number of HBM, first time trying Gavin massage and I would put it one of the top in my list. Friendly and accommodating to my last min appointment. A nicely furnished place and the massage was beyond my expectations with the usage of good quality massage oil.

Will definitely revisit for another massage. Thanks Gavin!

On 1/3/2021 at 10:44 PM, GentleGiant said:

Been to a number of HBM, first time trying Gavin massage and I would put it one of the top in my list. Friendly and accommodating to my last min appointment. A nicely furnished place and the massage was beyond my expectations with the usage of good quality massage oil.

Will definitely revisit for another massage. Thanks Gavin!

Thanks v much @GentleGiantfor your valuable feedback. I hope to welcome you back soon. 

On 1/9/2021 at 6:57 PM, m88 said:

Gavin is polite, respectful and uses quality oils in his massage (doesn't feel sticky or oily, and it is quickly absorbed into the skin soon after). Also sincere in providing a decent massage and is accommodating to requests, not a time-watcher.

@m88, it's been great having you. Many thanks for your review and good vibes. I'm glad you noticed the quality of my massage oil (pure cold pressed & organic) and how it made a difference to the way your skin feels.

BLISS OUT

Live a little and indulge in a personal massage at a leisurely pace in a private home setting. For 90 minutes, experience a blissful session of head to toe pampering that will do wonders for your mood and well-being.

well (3).jpg

Edited by agog

Tried out Gavin’s massage on Saturday after reading all these raving reviews. I must say that it exceeded my expectations. This is my first time experiencing a Swedish style which I understand is oily and longer strokes - must say that Gavin gives great pressure that worked out my knots all over my body. 

Apart from the fantastic massage, Gavin is also wonderful to chat with and clearly is proud of his craft. I must say that he is definitely worth a visit. Will be back soon!

On 1/24/2021 at 8:08 AM, Japorean said:

Hi, Gavin san

Thanks for yesterday. I was amazed for the atmosphere and service like Hotel SPA.

I was so relaxed and refreshed.

Also, thank you for your  dinner advices. After all, I chose Thai food.  It was delicious. See you again.

Thank you very much @Japoreanfor your kind review. I'm delighted to know that you enjoyed both the therapy session as well as the Thai food nearby.  I look forward to serving you again soon. 

On 1/26/2021 at 8:05 PM, ellytt said:

Tried out Gavin’s massage on Saturday after reading all these raving reviews. I must say that it exceeded my expectations. This is my first time experiencing a Swedish style which I understand is oily and longer strokes - must say that Gavin gives great pressure that worked out my knots all over my body. 

Apart from the fantastic massage, Gavin is also wonderful to chat with and clearly is proud of his craft. I must say that he is definitely worth a visit. Will be back soon!

Many thanks @ellyttfor your wonderful feedback and affirmation. I enjoyed our repartee just as much as you liked the therapy session. I look forward to your next visit.  

• agog changed the title to Gavin's Massage Therapy @Bedok/Tanah Merah