Male HQ

Sports Earphones/Headphones

KizMyAzz

What earphones/headphones do you use when you are doing sports (outdoor running, indoor running, weight-lifting, etc.)?

I've been wearing the Apple original earphones that came with iPhone 7+ and iPhone XR.

So far I'm happy with the sound quality. 

However it gets loosen easily during running and hence the noise isolation during running isn't good.

During dumbbell lifting, the wire will sometimes get in my lifting motion range.

Hence I'm considering to get a pair of lightweight Bluetooth earphones with decent bass and sound clarity. 

Recently my younger sister got herself an Edifier W280BT. I tried it and it's not bad. Still researching for other options.

Edifier W280BT (Approx. SGD45 / RM130)

Earphones Edifier W280BT

Try Jaybird Bluebud X, long battery life - ~8hr per charge, quite decent sound. Sometimes Challenger sale can go for $129. Jaybird Bluebud X4

cliff-alpha.jpg

Or Sony's mp3 player, something you can use for swimming as well, depending on model, $149-$199. Another plus side is you can run without your phone. WS620 Walkman® WS Series

50cb9b8e7d6b4aab169298f59bf2ee7d?fmt=pjpeg&wid=330&bgcolor=FFFFFF&bgc=FFFFFF

Edited by axelrod

10 minutes ago, axelrod said:

Try Jaybird Bluebud X, long battery life - ~8hr per charge, quite decent sound. Sometimes Challenger sale can go for $129. Jaybird Bluebud X4

Or Sony's mp3 player, something you can use for swimming as well, depending on model, $149-$199. Another plus side is you can run without your phone. WS620 Walkman® WS Series

Nice. Gotta go to store to try these. 

30 minutes ago, KizMyAzz said:

Whoa, Extra Bass! Do you feel the bass distinguish-ably stronger? 

I use the other ones. Sound quality not bad one. With Sony high chance won't go wrong haha ~ actually I am also aiming this one. For wireless most important is battery life and sound quality. 

For Wireless I prefer True Wireless, not even with the band at the back of the neck connecting the two buds.

Scouted for a few choices, some are quite ex. So I bought a cheapo one from Challenger to try first:

https://www.iluv.com/products/truebtair

$70 after member discount.

Listening to music/playing games is fine, but using it to make phone calls is not very good, as the in-built mic picks up too much noise/ambiance sounds.

Also, it still sticks out abit. Was preferring some design closer to ear-plugs one. Just a knob/button to plug your ear.

Might be quite expensive, though.

Will re-consider more ex models, when I have the extra cash. =sobz=

I've used Jaybird X2, then X3 and both are very good for gym and running with hardly any disruptions in bluetooth reception. For true wireless, Jaybird Run has a good fit but apple AirPods has better bluetooth connectivity. Recently, I tried the Jaybird Tarah Pro and it's the best one yet for work-outs and runs! Excellent sound quality, fit and bluetooth connectivity. By the way, all aforementioned are sweat proof except AirPods..

Guest Sport-coholic

Just no more Plantronics Backbeat for me. Bought it and couldn't even switch it on for one time. Went back to the shop for exchange, requested to try the exchanged one on the spot and that couldn't even be switched on as well with the usb plugged to the laptop for charging. In the end, they refunded me.

On 2/24/2019 at 2:42 AM, coffeejunkie said:

I've used Jaybird X2, then X3 and both are very good for gym and running with hardly any disruptions in bluetooth reception. For true wireless, Jaybird Run has a good fit but apple AirPods has better bluetooth connectivity. Recently, I tried the Jaybird Tarah Pro and it's the best one yet for work-outs and runs! Excellent sound quality, fit and bluetooth connectivity. By the way, all aforementioned are sweat proof except AirPods..

I've read some nice reviews about X3. Thanks for sharing.

About AirPods, I worry that it will fall off during gym / running. 

Edited by KizMyAzz

20 hours ago, -Ignored- said:

nobody lobbied for JBL?

Well I saw JBL on CNET ranking. 

https://www.cnet.com/topics/headphones/best-headphones/sports/

I have a JBL charge (portable speaker) and a JBL E35 (wired headphone). I don't wear wired headphone to gym/running anyway.

JBL charge is nice for travel. 

JBL E35 sound quality is not even comparable to Apple's earpods. And the ear cushion (PU leather) peels off easily after 1-day usage. What's worst is that the ear cushion PU leather red color dye actually sticks to the skin. I wasn't aware about it when I first used it. People were asking me why are there blemish/acne around my ear :doh:

jbl is now merged w Harman Kardon , so it will not be a bad choice

i like it wired

by the way, i dont use "headphones"  ie those w ear cushion outside, cos sweat and all these will ruin the "leather/skin" and using them strictly indoor/@homes, even when the skin stick onto my face, it is ok

3 hours ago, KizMyAzz said:

I've read some nice reviews about X3. Thanks for sharing.

About AirPods, I worry that it will fall off during gym / running. 

My current X3 lasted for almost 2 years I think.. but I have a problem charging it now as the red charging light does not come on when the earphones are in the charging cradle... that’s why I switched to Tarah Pro. But the X3 price point have significantly been reduced in many shops so if you’re on a tight budget, I’d recommend getting it.

I’ve tried running and gymming using the airpods and they stayed on pretty good surprisingly so I recommend that you try it yourself... but Apple does not make any claims about it being sweatproof or water resistant so try at own risk...

As for the airpods battery life, I have not seen it degrade so much yet but out of all bluetooth earphones I’ve tried, it is the easiest (& fastest) to pair with my phone. 

Edited by coffeejunkie

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.