Male HQ

I hurt my lowerback

Guest lowerback

Guest lowerback

I hurt my lowerback this morning. been to see company doctor and was given painkiller, anti inflammation and muscle relaxant. and was on mc. i ask the doc should i go to TCM for further treatment. He say no need. just rest well and no heavy activity. feeling pain when bending like sitting and then stand up from the chair. can feel the rawness/chills/vibrations in the bones. Just in case not getting any better by tomorrow, any good TCM doctor to recommend? I have TCM insurance can claim (only up to 500sgd) and my agent told me can go to eu yan sang tcm. but I feel eu yan sang one like very expensive and too commercial. 

20 minutes ago, Guest lowerback said:

Thanks alot

Please take extra care of it and let it heal

comple before you start to lift anything heavy or put any stress on it. 

It is worth investing time and effort to take care of your back injury. Otherwise, it will come haunting you later. 

Speedy recovery.  

Guest lowerback
1 minute ago, bluerunner said:

Please take extra care of it and let it heal

comple before you start to lift anything heavy or put any stress on it. 

It is worth investing time and effort to take care of your back injury. Otherwise, it will come haunting you later. 

Speedy recovery.  

now that my age is nearing 40, I feel that my body is more vulnerable. can really feel the difference. 

Best to give it a rest and see how things go. Even if go TCM, they may not advice as it may make it worst. I slipped and fell on my butt. By late afternoon, my neck was in pain. Went to TCM and they said too soon to see them but they give me a simple 'mild' massage treatment and warm pad. By night fall was worst. Any slight movement tat involves the neck will be painful. Once I lie down, totally cannot move. Any attempt to get up will be so painful. Totally regretted going for the treatment. Took a few days of minimal movement to let the pain subside. So maybe just stick to the painkillers and plenty of rest without much lifting for a couple of days before seeking further TCM treatment.

Guest guest
On 2/25/2019 at 9:23 PM, Guest lowerback said:

now that my age is nearing 40, I feel that my body is more vulnerable. can really feel the difference. 

Once you are over 40s, need to take extra care on your body and health. Actually once you are over 35, you already feel that your body and health is not as good as before 30s. 

Guest Try and see

Can try this one.

logo.jpg

http://www.chienchitow.com

I went to them last time when I hurt my lower back. 

Mother also went recently when she had knee pain. Got better after 2 sessions.

Not bad. I would say they are quite value-for-money, and they know their stuff well. They also have quite a few branches.

As one of the guests above mentioned, be very careful with injuries as you are hitting 40. The bones esp will start to get morw vulnerable to injuries and take very long to recover. All the best! 

Guest lowerback

Thanks guy for all your recommendations. I really need it. My back seems to be healed on the outside but on the inside still quite vulnerable. The moment I bent down for too long, I can feel tremendously pain in my back. Partly I think could be part of aging problem. 

Guest Sport-coholic
1 minute ago, Guest lowerback said:

Thanks guy for all your recommendations. I really need it. My back seems to be healed on the outside but on the inside still quite vulnerable. The moment I bent down for too long, I can feel tremendously pain in my back. Partly I think could be part of aging problem. 

It will take a few more weeks to recover. 

On 3/5/2019 at 7:52 AM, Guest guest said:

Once you are over 40s, need to take extra care on your body and health. Actually once you are over 35, you already feel that your body and health is not as good as before 30s. 

Nonsense.  You need to take extra care of your body ALWAYS.  If you do, there won't be a difference at 35, neither at 40, neither at 50.

if you stay in top condition, even the 60s will not bring diminishing performance.  

During the 70s the performances will start falling:  less weight, less endurance, more stress on joints (if one doesn't do daily stretching).

This is as far as I can tell, since I am in my mid 70s.  I expect to keep losing strength and endurance going towards 80, but nothing dramatic.

And the lower head is still working, although slower... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.