Male HQ

Getting Bigger

ChnStudent

It depends on which part of muscles you want to bulk up. For intermediate level, 10kgs should be enough for each arm, shoulder. For big muscles (chest, back, upper leg) you need more. Besides weigh, number of sets and reps determine the goal you want to achieve. Bulking, toning, burning calories are different. You also need some variation of techniques.  You cannot rely on 10kg dumbells to build overall muscles.

HIIT is cardio vascular training, the objective is to burn fat.

The biggest part of bulking is diet, you need to be in a calorie surplus for your body to build efficiently.

HIIT isn't the option though, that will burn calories rather than build muscle.

having a full range of equipment in a gym is very helpful, you can get more done and work out individual muscles or groups.

I'm currently with FitnessFirst, but I don't think it's worth the money, when my contract is up I'll be moving to GymBox, but I've heard good things about AnytimeFitness too. If you want to try gyms out then Gymbox do a perenty cost of $8 for non members, or you can do ActiveSG which is think is $2, or 2.50. But they can often be so busy it's hard to get a good workout in

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.