Male HQ

How many willing to live in 1 or 2 room Flat after 55

Guest Worry

7 hours ago, Guest guest said:

You mean 3 rm hdb flat? Or a 2 bedders condo?

I find the newer BTO 3 rm seems like smaller as compared to old 3 rm flat. So cleaning an old 3 rm might not as easier when you are old.

3 rm HDB. Condo is good but the monthly maintenance fee is higher than HDB and you don’t get subsidy from government. 
Whther is old style hdb or BTO, the difference in size will not make much different in cleaning to me. 

1 hour ago, bluerunner said:

3 rm HDB. Condo is good but the monthly maintenance fee is higher than HDB and you don’t get subsidy from government. 
Whther is old style hdb or BTO, the difference in size will not make much different in cleaning to me. 

HDB renovate like condo, close door live inside can't tell HDB or condo.

Guest Shocked by Truth
1 hour ago, MisterTan said:

A condo is simply a building with additional amenities.
It is still debatable whether the indoor or outside living space is superior to HDB.
I've been to friends' houses or even condos owned by online vendors, where I went to pick up some goods.
Either the lobby is too dark or the passageway is too narrow.
Most condos lack windows in the corridor area, unlike HDB corridors.   Some people's kitchen spaces are highly amusing, hexagonal, or too little to be termed kitchens. The majority of people don't draw their curtains, which makes the interior look pretty...dark and dismal and makes you think that most condo residents are secretly reclusive anti-social freaks. When you add them all together, and after sunset, a condo might nearly appear rather haunted.  They don't seem to have a proper area for drying their clothes too.  Thus, there is no reason you shouldn't want a HDB penthouse if you have a million to spend rather than a tiny condo.

The above is based on my observation, though not all condo fit the above, but mostly.

12 hours ago, MisterTan said:

There are many HDB nowadays renovate like condo or showroom. And when the owner sell their flat later, they include the reno expenses that they spent and ask for crazy selling price.

1 hour ago, mate69 said:

best to always be cash-rich at all times. try to be

basic tenet

If want to be cash rich, best is to buy a new 2 rm BTO. Easy to pay off the flat immediate or fast. Buying a resale HDB, still need to finance until 65 year old for many people.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.