Male HQ

How many willing to live in 1 or 2 room Flat after 55

Guest Worry

16 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not really advisable for single to stay alone....3 room is still the best, rent out 1 room so in case anything happen, someone can still call for help...get hourly maid to clean or negotiate with the tenant to clean in return for lower rentals :)

This is an interesting point. I never considered the problems of living alone when we get older

Guest Die Alone

Live alone you choke no one knows or no one can help.

Have pet dog or cat will slowly eat your corpse and no one will know until days or weeks later. 

3 minutes ago, Guest Die Alone said:

Have pet dog or cat will slowly eat your corpse and no one will know until days or weeks later. 

That is why....choose and train your dog wisely. You never heard of faithful dog that will sound out emergency for you when you are in danger?

The way you say it, spell out you aren't a animal lover at all. :(

Guest guest
22 minutes ago, HydroNaut said:

That is why....choose and train your dog wisely. You never heard of faithful dog that will sound out emergency for you when you are in danger?

The way you say it, spell out you aren't a animal lover at all. :(

u make it sound like its a piece of cake to train your dog to seek help when you are unconscious . 

you need to pay to train a service dog , in the range of 

150,000 us dollars.

Tot even this kind of studio apartment need two person in order to rent/purchase? Anyway personally wouldn't mind as it is easier to manage. Visited some of this and find they are now very well equipped. They have call bells for emergencies and spacious for wheelchair movements. Getting good neighbors are very important. As most are elderly or somewhat alone, common complaints are irresponsible and filthy habits. Plus they tend to be more vocal when faced with issues rather than being more civic and endure the situations. Can be a blessing if you get good neighbors whom get together daily for activities like morning exercise, afternoon karaoke and evening line dancing.

1 hour ago, Guest Die Alone said:

Actually hor,  if you are not afraid of dying, you are not afraid of living alone, than choking became a none issue.  You would have live your gay life fruitfully by then...  

2 minutes ago, shyc said:

Tot even this kind of studio apartment need two person in order to rent/purchase? Anyway personally wouldn't mind as it is easier to manage. Visited some of this and find they are now very well equipped. They have call bells for emergencies and spacious for wheelchair movements. Getting good neighbors are very important. As most are elderly or somewhat alone, common complaints are irresponsible and filthy habits. Plus they tend to be more vocal when faced with issues rather than being more civic and endure the situations. Can be a blessing if you get good neighbors whom get together daily for activities like morning exercise, afternoon karaoke and evening line dancing.

Under HDB rule, only 3-room and above can be rented out.  Studio or 2-room not allowed.

Don't read and response to guests' post

Guest Decent Guy

Currently, my house is caught between two very handsome & neat looking neighbour.  If I shift out to new place, I will be surrounded by old folks with bed bugs.  Scary.

Guest Decent Guy
20 minutes ago, Letsrelaxpp said:

Where is your current place and where will be your new place? 

Current place in central matured estate.  I heard most new place is in very ulu ulu place either in the north or western part of Singapore which adds to the creepiness.

I know of ppl who rent out n move to jb.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

4 hours ago, Guest Decent Guy said:

Currently, my house is caught between two very handsome & neat looking neighbour.  If I shift out to new place, I will be surrounded by old folks with bed bugs.  Scary.

Very handsome & neat looking neighbors can get bed bugs too.

6 hours ago, Alponsu said:

This is an interesting point. I never considered the problems of living alone when we get older

I assume that you have in SG these services for seniors to call for help by pushing a button on a device worn on a necklace?

5 hours ago, LeanMature said:

Under HDB rule, only 3-room and above can be rented out.  Studio or 2-room not allowed.

@LeanMature I think you misunderstood my sentence. My mistake for not writing it clearer with quote attachment. I was referring to lonelyglobe stating that single shouldn't stay alone in these studio apartments. From my understanding I thought in order to purchase or rent these 1-2 rooms unit from HDB, you still need two people. Hence occurrences where HDB paired up two unknown singles. Due to unforeseen circumstances, ended up in bitter confrontations between them after living together. I may be wrong to assume so. Maybe those with clearer picture can enlighten us.  

7 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Not really advisable for single to stay alone....3 room is still the best, ...

5 hours ago, shyc said:

Tot even this kind of studio apartment need two person in order to rent/purchase? 

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

I assume that you have in SG these services for seniors to call for help by pushing a button on a device worn on a necklace?

Yes we have

singles may nt be due to homosexuality

it could be the other partner is no longer with them

13 hours ago, shyc said:

@LeanMature I think you misunderstood my sentence. My mistake for not writing it clearer with quote attachment. I was referring to lonelyglobe stating that single shouldn't stay alone in these studio apartments. From my understanding I thought in order to purchase or rent these 1-2 rooms unit from HDB, you still need two people. Hence occurrences where HDB paired up two unknown singles. Due to unforeseen circumstances, ended up in bitter confrontations between them after living together. I may be wrong to assume so. Maybe those with clearer picture can enlighten us.  

Dont get mix up, rental flats are those that rented to low income by hdb and yes normally they would allocate two to a flat, can be stranger.....single can buy BTO and stay alone.....

14 hours ago, shyc said:

Singles above 35 can buy 2-room BTO flat in non-mature estates.   Singles above 35 can also buy 3, 4 or 5 rooms flat from resales market. 

Singles above 55 can buy 2 room Flexi flat under shorter lease and cheaper price. 

HDB is very good in coming out with all sort of schemes and combination. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

In summary,

Buy

Singles above 35 can buy 2-room BTO flat in non-mature estates.   

Singles above 35 can also buy 3, 4 or 5 rooms flat from resales market. 

Singles above 55 can buy 2 room Flexi flat under shorter lease and cheaper price. 

Rent

rental flats are those that rented to low income by hdb and yes normally they would allocate two singles to a flat, can be stranger. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
On 3/6/2019 at 2:44 PM, Guest Worry said:

How many willing to live in 1 or 2 room Flat after 55, selling your current flat etc ?

We must reject such ideas....these cages are not fit for human stays. To be comfortable, we need studios to be at least 1200 sqf to include a hall, seperate dining, a bedroom, a kitchen. Its already barely enough for 1 person stay. How dare the government build 1 or 2 room for singles, its amount to torture and lack of human rights.

All of us should be entitled to good and spacious living at an affordable price of not more than a years average salary. We have worked and toiled so hard to build this nation, we singaporeans are hardworking, honest and kind, we deserve more!

58 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

We must reject such ideas....these cages are not fit for human stays. To be comfortable, we need studios to be at least 1200 sqf to include a hall, seperate dining, a bedroom, a kitchen. Its already barely enough for 1 person stay. How dare the government build 1 or 2 room for singles, its amount to torture and lack of human rights.

All of us should be entitled to good and spacious living at an affordable price of not more than a years average salary. We have worked and toiled so hard to build this nation, we singaporeans are hardworking, honest and kind, we deserve more!

Can u stand for coming election?

59 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Do u know cleaning is tiring?

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
1 minute ago, fab said:

Thats the government's job to ensure houses for senior's houses are well taken care off. All you need is 1 person doing 1 hr per flat per day. That will take 1 staff doing 8 flats every day  this will also employ a pool of singaporeans as singaporeans desprately need jobs. Its killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

Guest Guest
5 minutes ago, fab said:

Thats the government's job to ensure houses for senior's houses are well taken care off. All you need is 1 person doing 1 hr per flat per day. That will take 1 staff doing 8 flats every day  this will also employ a pool of singaporeans as singaporeans desprately need jobs. Its killing 2 birds with 1 stone.

7 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

14 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

Can u stand for coming election?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Yes, I am looking forward to downsize the home at 50-55. That would be the age for semi or full retirement if all goes well.
The plan would be to travel a few months a year, but still have a small studio in Singapore as a homebase.

To be honest, I am already living a pretty domestic life with my life partner and pets. So the only thing that would change is that our extended family would be older by then, maybe parents either elderly or passed, with siblings and nieces and nephews for regular meets.

Probably, we will still continue living a simple life, exercise, tend to plants, (maybe a home garden if we get good sunlight!), not much will change, just that our jobs wont be the major preoccupation anymore. 

But observing post retirement elderly, it's very important to keep one active, in both mind and body. I don't mind taking some classes, and doing some freelancing online work also. We intend to keep active and travelling until our 70s or later, just like most senior travellers that we have met.

So keeping a smaller apartment that is just nice for 1 or 2 as a homebase sounds perfect actually. It will be really sad though once either one of us goes first. 
Sad reality of life - making each day count.

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

Yes, I am looking forward to downsize the home at 50-55. That would be the age for semi or full retirement if all goes well.
The plan would be to travel a few months a year, but still have a small studio in Singapore as a homebase.

To be honest, I am already living a pretty domestic life with my life partner and pets. So the only thing that would change is that our extended family would be older by then, maybe parents either elderly or passed, with siblings and nieces and nephews for regular meets.

Probably, we will still continue living a simple life, exercise, tend to plants, (maybe a home garden if we get good sunlight!), not much will change, just that our jobs wont be the major preoccupation anymore. 

But observing post retirement elderly, it's very important to keep one active, in both mind and body. I don't mind taking some classes, and doing some freelancing online work also. We intend to keep active and travelling until our 70s or later, just like most senior travellers that we have met.

So keeping a smaller apartment that is just nice for 1 or 2 as a homebase sounds perfect actually. It will be really sad though once either one of us goes first. 
Sad reality of life - making each day count.

wow! 
w minimal stuff is possible 

6 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

wow! 
w minimal stuff is possible 

Yes, even with my own parents who expect to downsize in another 8 to 10 years, I told them to start downsizing the things they own 2 years beforehand.

From my other aunts/uncles who have had to downsize due to poor health and finance, a lot of their things had to be thrown away due to lack of time. It was painful because every dollar matters when one is struggling, and then on top of that, they had to repurchase most things to fit the smaller studio. They also had to chuck some sentimental pieces, because they were just too large/bulky for the new place. 

So my advice to anyone who is planning to do downsize, please start planning at least 2 years in advanced to avoid waste and stress.  Often things take time to sell once you list them, so buffer in much time to clear as many items as possible and liquidate, without feeling forced to.

For us, I think we can pare down further even now, minimalist living is always about refining and streamlining! 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

6 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Yes, even with my own parents who expect to downsize in another 8 to 10 years, I told them to start downsizing the things they own 2 years beforehand.

From my other aunts/uncles who have had to downsize due to poor health and finance, a lot of their things had to be thrown away due to lack of time. It was painful because every dollar matters when one is struggling, and then on top of that, they had to repurchase most things to fit the smaller studio. They also had to chuck some sentimental pieces, because they were just too large/bulky for the new place. 

So my advice to anyone who is planning to do downsize, please start planning at least 2 years in advanced to avoid waste and stress.  Often things take time to sell once you list them, so buffer in much time to clear as many items as possible and liquidate, without feeling forced to.

For us, I think we can pare down further even now, minimalist living is always about refining and streamlining! 

marie Kondo would luv us engaging her services!!!

42 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

marie Kondo would luv us engaging her services!!!

29 minutes ago, Guest No need said:

can DIY.

it's possible to do without her lah. i read her book back in 2010 or 2011, and it's helpful as a primer for people who are starting on their journey, as you only get the full effects after following the hard and fast rules.it is through doing that you being to understand.  actually, her method is the first step to introducing a kind of spirituality that most have lost - about being thankful and grateful to our homes and belongings, and about clearing things out so that it sends a message to the universe that you are ready for change and renewal.

for those who are already on this path, either through minimalism or spiritual studies, decluttering and refining is the logical next step to take. as the peace gathered within is manifested onto our direct environment. we want things meaningful and simple, but also beautiful in its functionality to our needs. the space we keep reflects our inner state.

i still dont fold my socks and underwear into small blocks that stand on their own, but i also know every pair that i own, and know which ones are in the wash or in drawer, and when one does go missing, I can find them fast, haha.

one of the worse wasteful things in life are socks that have lost their mate, unless you have a sock gremlin living in your house, this should not happen, haha.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

i didnt even bother to read her book, a pile of nonsense

by the way, none of the jp do anything like what she have done

in America, all idolised her and assumed that japanese actually all do the same thing 

Ok bk to topic

25 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

i didnt even bother to read her book, a pile of nonsense

haha, this is a contradictory statement - if you didn't read, how do you evaluate the content of the book? :B)
anyway, its like the old saying: "medicine is elixir for those who need it, but poison for those who dont."

americans need her obviously, because that is a country in spiritual, environmental and political crisis, haha.
singaporeans are not far off, i've seen some traditional chinese homes, with boxes and cartons, belongings from 1960s being stored.

those people will be in trouble when they downsize or pass away. their children will have to be responsible for sorting through the trash.
which brings me to mention another trend, which relates to this topic of downsizing.

it's called Swedish Death Cleaning or Döstädning. I think maybe 5% of BW users have even heard about it :D
but i think it is vital, especially for gay men still living with their parents, haha.

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

5 minutes ago, tomcat said:

haha, this is a contradictory statement - if you didn't read, how do your evaluate the content of the book? :B)
anyway, its like the old saying: "medicine is elixir for those who need it, but poison for those who dont."

americans need her, obviously because that is a country in spiritual, environmental and political crisis, haha.
singaporeans are not far off, i've seen some traditional chinese homes, with boxes and cartons, belongings from 1960s being stored.

those people will be in trouble when they downsize or pass away. their children will have to be responsible for sorting through the trash.
which brings me to mention another trend, which relates to this topic of downsizing.

it's called Swedish Death Cleaning. I think maybe 5% of BW users have even heard about it :D
but i think it is vital, especially for gay men still living with their parents, haha.

no contradictions

the fb and all my frens kept posting it endlessly
I think netflix has her too (i hve no cable tv , but their ads r everywhere) and ellen invited her too

i watched youtube videos (not on her) on surveying the joker the philo of Marie Kondo( the japanese commented so funny and eeeeeh, they will never do that )

but the swedish death cleanng is something new -tks for telling

Edited by lovehandle

1 minute ago, thorzguy said:

Regardless of getting a helper (part time or stay in), unless one really loves having a huge amount of space, I do not see why not.

To some, it maybe a downgrade (in terms of living space), but I termed it as upgrade (in cash).

looks like many sporeans banging on that wonderful govt policy

大屋换小房

1 hour ago, Letsrelaxpp said:

That's why majority cannot afford to lose this govt come every 4 years. 

I luv this reply!!!

i told them the moment when the ruling party dish out the the abolishment of streaming and

green chas card

there is no need to vote anymore!!!!

Guest disclosed yourself
On 3/7/2019 at 3:43 PM, Guest Guest said:

You address the wrong Forum and wrong people for your complaint!

I want to stay in that seaview villa with the peacocks in the garden!

------------------------------------------------------

To the others: Best is to keep up with many friends until old age, keep in touch daily by phone and once no reply, ring the alarm , => go over n check if " already eaten by the dog" (not my words, just to illustrate as someone wrote before.)

By that time maybe got some gay orgsnisation looking after older gays like in Europe...

Ka nui taku aroha ki a koe.

Guest Guest
11 minutes ago, Guest disclosed yourself said:

You address the wrong Forum and wrong people for your complaint!

I want to stay in that seaview villa with the peacocks in the garden!

To the others: Best is to keep up with many friends until old age, keep in touch daily by phone and once no reply, ring the alarm , => go over n check if " already eaten by the dog" (not my words, just to illustrate as someone wrote before.)

By that time maybe got some gay orgsnisation looking after older gays like in Europe...

Ka nui taku aroha ki a koe.

You are not realistic for the vast majority of singaporeans. We are looking at decent size well maintained apartment with good cleaning services provided by the government.

It is not wise for government to provide seaview villa! Do not waste taxpayers money!

Guest disclosed yourself
On 3/7/2019 at 4:48 PM, Guest Guest said:

That's something new to me that Singaporeans like to do cleaning jobs....

But maybe once all jobs lost to automation and work passes reduced to 0 no choice for locals with lower education in doing cleaning jobs.

Now I understand why the Manpower Minister just said minimum salary must be raised to 1.3k...

-----------------------------------------------------

Me te mea ko Kōpū ka rere i te pae.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.