Male HQ

Weekend getaway to destress and refresh Recommendation!

Guest Getaway

Guest Going to Songkran
19 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

which is why i m equally puzzled when they said Jewel is the crown jewel to save the retail scene?

how many of us will travel to changi just for the retail or F&B

You think they're targeting you? 

Guest working
12 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

which is why i m equally puzzled when they said Jewel is the crown jewel to save the retail scene?

That's what I wrote before at the Jewel thread.

But in the extreme East there is no real relevant Shopping Mall or Mall city like Jurong East. I guess most Easterners will travel on the weekend for some change in the food diet and outlets.

And maybe the airport will "bank in" for some 4 hours stop over transit passengers. I m sure some travel agencies overseas will advertise such stop over flights with 2 hours shopping at Jewel and then to continue on.

I will take a look one of the times, but not immediately. not interested now.

You know , you are not the only one falling on deaf ears with STB. Some 15 years back they had this superb Green book with all the essentials about Singapore. Then they came out with the "Melbourne" concept of having one brochure for every attraction. They even needed a big booth at the airport and people were fed up, that there was no single travel guide for Singapore but the staff handed out 50 brochures. 

And now 2019? it is outsourced! travelcomb or what is the name. Isn't that a shame that they leave the brochure to promote Singapore to a private institution who can put into the booklets what others pay for to be presented...and even place the advertising by this private institution. I find this so shameful for Singapore. The STB can't even put up their own travel brochure for visitors.

And the website "visit Singapore" is something for internet enthusiasts who have weeks to browse through all the sections. Already browsing in made so difficult.

A wonder that their search function is not linked to google.

But you know what. There is no need to write in, because they are stubborn. The civil servants working at STB know everything better. When you meet them and talk to them, they just turn around and walk off.

They should change the slogan to "With passion made impossible".

Guest working
9 minutes ago, Guest Going to Songkran said:

You think they're targeting you? 

they target everyone who will pay 8.50 for a real true Singapore Kopi O (at the Jewel) with no smile service and arriving cold at your table...

Guest Going to Songkran
22 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

if i m the VIP targetted  , i wont be sharing this publicly for all to read
Xiao!

1 hour ago, -Ignored- said:

So you know they're not targeting you and you're still puzzled?

Guest working
16 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

if i m the VIP targetted  , i wont be sharing this publicly for all to read
Xiao!

Guestworking, i didnt know about the "green" book thingy
I know they recently close down the tourism centre at ctept area 

But in your mid 40s you should know that little A6 sized Green booklet they had on display at the airport ? No? It had like 45 pages and all what you needed to know for the attractions, it was re-published like every 3 months with some new content. like Deepavali light up, Chinese new year and all the other local events etc. but contained all the essential tourist spots. It was on display at the shelves near the luggage collection or duty free area at the airports. It is past. But it was essential and not this advertised bookled from honeycombers (outsourced third party promotion = duck tours... promoted content. )

It is like Esplanade. Used to have the program brochure every 3 months. Now they ceased, and I go less because it is too troublesome to scroll through their super overly sophisticated website that needs 5 mins to load.

The tourism centre moved to Orchardgateway in a fancy new design outlet. The people probably assume it is the Apple shop!

svc.thumbnail.image-path.700.394.jpg

if anyone wish to discuss whether is this targetted at u and u cannot contemplate deep about it

taleban doesnt target me
the extremists doesnt target me alone

so ? we just ignore and continue to disharmonise? (doesnt target me doesnt me i m NOT allowed to think and feel for any topic i luv to think abt)

For those who wanna a gateway to taiwan
Silver haired get early/shorter queues (privileged!!!) - only them

https://www.facebook.com/events/2281067658779536/ n yet dont mind the q

https://mothership.sg/2019/04/shilin-night-market-singapore-crowds/?fbclid=IwAR3-40MvKtuY0SsvRE972d9drFRFRH7pYqqqcjl00mk4ObrZI1f2QPpO1-4

Edited by lovehandle

2 minutes ago, Guest working said:

The tourism centre moved to Orchardgateway in a fancy new design outlet. The people probably assume it is the Apple shop!

i just called that a prog booklet ( i have taken suitable programme or itin from the rack even though i m not a foreigner)

i will never use a term like green book in Singapore, we hardly use that 
usu only western ctries like u mentioned aust
or USA use that term

Guest working
7 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

i just called that a prog booklet ( i have taken suitable programme or itin from the rack even though i m not a foreigner)

i will never use a term like green book in Singapore, we hardly use that 
usu only western ctries like u mentioned aust
or USA use that term

Sorry lah, I forgetting . You English not so good. Need to write in Singlish lah.

The cover was always green, that I why I called it green booklet. ha ha

I always took some for customers or visitors, as the basic info guide. I still have some. ha ha. but now it's outdated. No MBS and sorts.

4 minutes ago, Guest working said:

Sorry lah, I forgetting . You English not so good. Need to write in Singlish lah.

The cover was always green, that I why I called it green booklet. ha ha

I always took some for customers or visitors, as the basic info guide. I still have some. ha ha. but now it's outdated. No MBS and sorts.

i clearly stated that i have Never seen a green coloured booklet in my whole life n i dont think any members have seen it 

we r not interested in the history in the making by STB too

Guest working
35 minutes ago, -Ignored- said:

i clearly stated that i have Never seen a green coloured booklet in my whole life n i dont think any members have seen it 

we r not interested in the history in the making by STB too

what a reaction? Only because I commented on your English...

You have been writing so much about the Jewel as if you get a share from the ticket sales and revenue...

It was you starting to lament about the STB and I just added on.

Hope someone will sponsor you a S$8.50 kopi O  at coffee morazoff or or coffee works jewel outlets to increase your mood.

I don't need to start any new thread about STB , was just commenting about their trends and copying other tourism board practices in a trial and error session.

Time Traveller (need ticket )

Monday: 0830 - 1730

Tuesday - Sunday: 0830 - 2200

The Time Traveller is a 60-minute immersive audio-visual show within the Fort Canning Centre that presents a powerful experience of Singapore’s history across more than 700 years. Visitors will go through five acts played out in the galleries. 

You may find more information at the Bicentennial website: https://www.bicentennial.sg/the-bicentennial-experience/

Pathfinder - wont need tickets

Monday - Sunday: 0830 - 2230

The Pathfinder is an outdoor experience comprising a set of pavilions with interactive elements that are situated within the Fort Gate area to allow for free and easy exploration. Visitors may spend another 30 minutes or longer here. 
Map: the-bicentennial-experience-map.jpg

i do not just share on excursions or escapades topic like jewel

• 2 years later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.