Male HQ

How was corporal punishment used on you growing up?

Ell

Was having a discussion with my friend on this highly debated topic that was fuelled by the recent revision of laws in Japan banning corporal punishment contrasted with the failure of passing a similar bill in the Philippines.

The questions I have are:

1) What is your most memorable moment of being punished as a kid? What did you do and how were you punished for it?

2) What were some creative techniques your parents used to discipline you with?

3) Do you agree with corporal punishment? Would you employ it with your own (hypothetical) children in the future haha?

Wonder if there's a change in mindset from our parents' generation till today...

• 8 months later...
Guest Merry Go Round

When I was young and we were still living in JB, my father was so strict that everytime I came home late, he will not allow me to eat, The wrong doings of my siblings, he took it on me. I received the most spank using boots, slippers, sticks, whatever he first to handle he will hit it on me. He died in the 80s. I said to myself that I will not.treat my childeen like that. And so that is why I decided to become gay and never have children.

7 hours ago, Guest Merry Go Round said:

When I was young and we were still living in JB, my father was so strict that everytime I came home late, he will not allow me to eat, The wrong doings of my siblings, he took it on me. I received the most spank using boots, slippers, sticks, whatever he first to handle he will hit it on me. He died in the 80s. I said to myself that I will not.treat my childeen like that. And so that is why I decided to become gay and never have children.

That's a pity!  Being gay should not disqualify you from having children.  And you already learned how not to treat your children.

If you are already an adult, have a profession, a job, an income,  maybe a place of your own... you have something good to offer to a child. Maybe you need a partner, she or he. 

Of course you may have many other reasons not to have children.  I am commenting just on the misconception of feeling excluded for being gay...

On 3/12/2019 at 2:06 PM, Ell said:

1) What is your most memorable moment of being punished as a kid? What did you do and how were you punished for it?

2) What were some creative techniques your parents used to discipline you with?

3) Do you agree with corporal punishment? Would you employ it with your own (hypothetical) children in the future haha?

I was raised by a disciplinarian grandmother who used her hand to spank my butt when I misbehaved.  But I was never hit in the face.

These punishments were enough to discourage any love towards her but to see her as an unavoidable necessity.  Also the fact that my family had to struggle financially made me accept my situation.

I spanked my son only once, and never again.  Children need discipline, and I found a better way to do it:  show dissatisfaction and demand that they correct what they do wrong.  And complement this by giving the child plenty of reasons to love you.  I think that the emotional l punishment of having earned the dissatisfaction of the parent is stronger than a physical punishment.  And finally,  the correct way of educating children is not through recrimination and punishment but through EXAMPLE.

Guest Flat Butt

When I was young, I was whipped by my teachers more than my own parent spanked me.  When I grew up, I was fucked by men more than I fucked up.  Poor me, my ass was never ever the same again. 

Chinese believe that parents should be strict with boys while the girls should be pampered.

IMO, parents should be strict with those rebellious ones and more lenient with those timid ones.

Corporal punishment should be used as a last resort.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Do we still allow this in schools I know last time in primary school I got caned across the palm of my hand once and it was nasty. In secondary school they also do public caning across buttocks but very rare they do this. I dunno now if still the case.

Oh! Other humiliating punishment at least for upper sec seniors, is to make them wear the lower sec uniform (short pants) for a week or month/term etc for repeated offences etc. They seem embarrassed to reveal their hairy legs and to let the juniors see them.

Guest Try and see
1 hour ago, NickT said:

Oh! Other humiliating punishment at least for upper sec seniors, is to make them wear the lower sec uniform (short pants) for a week or month/term etc for repeated offences etc. They seem embarrassed to reveal their hairy legs and to let the juniors see them.

Wow!! What school was this?!

I don't think this is an authorised form of punishment.

Guest Try and see
On 11/17/2019 at 3:37 PM, Guest Merry Go Round said:

Walao, that really sucks. Sorry to hear that.

I remember when I was growing up, whenever my cousins and I misbehaved, my uncle would only reprimand me. He said his rationale is that I am the oldest of the gang, so we will always kena any scolding if the younger ones misbehaved.

I never agreed with that rationale, and I've always found it very unfair, especially when the younger cousins always seem to get special privileges, and if I wanted a share of it, my mum would always say to me (in front of all the relatives): "Aiyah boy, you don't want lah. You so big already!"

I was only four years older than my cousin, and somehow, I always felt very lousy about myself because of such treatment.

So somehow, I'm too old for any privileges, but somehow, still old enough to be a bad influence on my younger cousins.

Of course, being gay, I don't have my own kids, but I would never treat other people's kids that way.

Guest Try and see
21 minutes ago, NickT said:

Ah I see. Thanks for sharing!!

I guess it's allowed after all, although this is the first time I'm hearing of such a punishment. 

I remember when I started sec 3, some of the guys in class tried to hold off wearing long pants for as long as they could, giving excuses like haven't bought, etc.

But in the end, they were all forced to convert to long pants.

1 minute ago, Guest Try and see said:

Ah I see. Thanks for sharing!!

I guess it's allowed after all, although this is the first time I'm hearing of such a punishment. 

I remember when I started sec 3, some of the guys in class tried to hold off wearing long pants for as long as they could, giving excuses like haven't bought, etc.

But in the end, they were all forced to convert to long pants.

Yup haha what was the reasons they hold off because i know since sec 2...seem that everyone cannot wait to go on to sec 3 to wear the long pants and be recognised as seniors. ,,,hmm...maybe that is why this kind of punishment works too haha

Guest Try and see
12 minutes ago, NickT said:

Yup haha what was the reasons they hold off because i know since sec 2...seem that everyone cannot wait to go on to sec 3 to wear the long pants and be recognised as seniors. ,,,hmm...maybe that is why this kind of punishment works too haha

I'm not sure. Maybe they felt that long pants are warmer, especially in our S'pore weather, whereas shorts are cooler and more comfortable.

I remember I could not wait to go to sec 3 to wear the long pants too. I just thought it looked smarter, not so much to be recognised as a senior  :D

6 minutes ago, Guest Try and see said:

I'm not sure. Maybe they felt that long pants are warmer, especially in our S'pore weather, whereas shorts are cooler and more comfortable.

I remember I could not wait to go to sec 3 to wear the long pants too. I just thought it looked smarter, not so much to be recognised as a senior  :D

agree on that but now on hindsight, seniors in shorts are more sexy eg chinese high catholic high etc :D So not bad idea to implement it also :D

• 3 weeks later...

1) When I was sec 3 I forged my parents signature after doing badly on exams. Dad found out and caned me 10, 12 strokes on buttocks (pants down) and legs. Hard to sit properly for a few days, cane marks lasted a week. Everyone in school knew I jiak teng tiao

2) Wash mouth with soap for talking back. Face wall.  Before caning - go down to buy cane from mama shop for extra mental torture.

3) Yes. Got my ass whooped from young to NS, probably better for it 

I got a narrow side of the ruler to be beaten upon my palm by primary school teacher for getting a nine of ten correct for a spelling test , forgot the pain though  ....my uncle caned me for getting 80  out of a hundred marks  ...I think he was drunk or angry with something else and took it out upon me ...that changed my life a bit , I left to stay  with my family but always missing my grandma then and being uncomfortable staying with family somehow .....but i think some punishment should do good for children and teenagers , just look at the horrendous self entitlement and obsessed generation these days 

Edited by Dan 28

hhmm.. let me see.. a chair, a belt & belt buckle, canes.. twisting & pulling the ears hard till they turn lobster red, fists, pulling of hair, slapping, kneeling thru out the night while facing the buddha statue which i hated the most, and ending.. a pair of scissors meant for cutting raw meat gone into my left knee.. gone stripped naked & thrown out of the house. 

2 hours ago, Zackling said:

hhmm.. let me see.. a chair, a belt & belt buckle, canes.. twisting & pulling the ears hard till they turn lobster red, fists, pulling of hair, slapping, kneeling thru out the night while facing the buddha statue which i hated the most, and ending.. a pair of scissors meant for cutting raw meat gone into my left knee.. gone stripped naked & thrown out of the house. 

Yawnz.... 

On 11/23/2019 at 8:15 PM, fab said:

Chinese believe that parents should be strict with boys while the girls should be pampered.

IMO, parents should be strict with those rebellious ones and more lenient with those times ones.

Corporal punishment should be used as a last resort.

What utter rubbish.

42 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

What utter rubbish.

Good that you don't have children!

On 11/23/2019 at 11:55 PM, Guest Try and see said:

Of course, being gay, I don't have my own kids, but I would never treat other people's kids that way.

You would be a perfect father. Go to a place where you and your bf can adopt destitute children and make a difference in their lives. :thumb:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.