Male HQ

Why do some guys smell so damn good even if they sweat?

Guest WantToSmellNice

On 3/22/2019 at 8:26 PM, tomcat said:

hmm, acrid is not specific to ammonia. sulphuric, smoky or even sour smells can be described as acrid as it is just an adjective word, simply meaning "pungent" or "bitter".

the main reason why gym goers tend to have that smell is due to excessive protein, which is purine-forming within the body. due to sensitivity to whey which is a dairy by product, i am those rare people that gym to build muscle but does not take protein shakes.

i have to do it the old school way, through the 4 natural proteins: vegetable, grain, lean meat and egg. this will be the most complete way to get all the essential amino acids. and weighing it also avoids the problem of consuming more than i need to build muscle.

Excessive protein that is not used by the body eventually metabolises into sugars. This process is very toxic to the body.

So once again it does boil down to diet and toxin buildup within the body.

pure respect! not easy to cook your own meal, that fulfills your protein needs. 

always have respect for those vegan/vegetarian body builders. i still dont get it how they can consume enough protein

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest 2
1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

HAH! This goes to show that all threads which disclosed yourself frequent will get thrown into the Flaming Room sooner or later. 

Indeed, DY is simply the jinx of the main forum with her 公主病 demands, as rightly observed by GM way back.

LOL

22 hours ago, hotphoenix said:

pure respect! not easy to cook your own meal, that fulfills your protein needs. 

always have respect for those vegan/vegetarian body builders. i still dont get it how they can consume enough protein

At the moment, I am also 1 week into keto. And as expected from my previous keto experience in 2014, my bodily fluids and scent has changed slightly due to excess ketones generated in the body and purged during the conversion.

Body scent is still the same, but sweat smells light and fruity. But happy that still no odour after sweat has dried. Pee smells different and breath/mouth taste is more acidic. This is all normal part of the process.

Body should normalise within the next week or so. Initial weight loss is at 6kg, but it is just water weight as the body holds up to 4g of water for 1 g of carbs. Now that the body is free of carbs, it is dropping the excess water, body is looking leaner. Muscle percentage is stable, will monitor along with fat percentage.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest question remaining
5 minutes ago, tomcat said:

At the moment, I am also 1 week into keto. And as expected from my previous keto experience in 2014, my bodily fluids and scent has changed slightly due to excess ketones generated in the body and purged during the conversion.

Body scent is still the same, but sweat smells light and fruity. But happy that still no odour after sweat has dried. Pee smells different and breath/mouth taste is more acidic. This is all normal part of the process.

Body should normalise within the next week or so. Initial weight loss is at 6kg, but it is just water weight as the body holds up to 4g of water for 1 g of carbs. Now that the body is free of carbs, it is dropping the excess water, body is looking leaner. Muscle percentage is stable, will monitor along with fat percentage.

Why did this discussion end up in the Flaming room, actually?

Because of the map or the fact that the South Chinese don't have the majority yellow shape ranging from 0 to 0.25% but around 50% blue colour content?

There was nothing discriminatory discussed. It just details the findings of this earwax research by the scientists, which came out with those findings.

Do you know why it landed at the Flaming Room? Did not find something critical...

Guest Guest
10 minutes ago, Guest question remaining said:

Because of the map or the fact that the South Chinese don't have the majority yellow shape ranging from 0 to 0.25% but around 50% blue colour content?

There was nothing discriminatory discussed. It just details the findings of this earwax research by the scientists, which came out with those findings.

Do you know why it landed at the Flaming Room? Did not find something critical...

Because of racism by Guest disclosed yourself under some pretence of research found? 

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:24 PM, Guest disclosed yourself said:

But the guangszhou are more the southern Chinese isn't it?  They got more the blue content => sweat smell...

so if you put the guanzhou at 50 %, the ceylonese at 35% and the Thai at 85%  =   oopppsss

Guest Guest 2
On 3/23/2019 at 1:24 PM, Guest disclosed yourself said:

yeah, you better stop before you tell us what you dig out of other parts of your body. ha ha ha ha ha ha

But the guangszhou are more the southern Chinese isn't it?  They got more the blue content => sweat smell...

so if you put the guanzhou at 50 %, the ceylonese at 35% and the Thai at 85%  =   oopppsss

ha ha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Te anga karaka, te anga koura, kei kitea te Marae.

What was there on racism? This is unfairly framing someone for nothing committed.

He was just adding up the numbers from the scientific research onto that tomcat ancestors.

Where is there any racism?

This is the result of various researches on the amount of earwax to body smell.

Why do you have a problem that the Southern Chinese seem to have a 50% chance of body smell compared to Koreans (according to scientic researches)?

If people refer to scientific research findings, this is considered racist?

Dear Moderators: Now you want to say he is a racist?

2 hours ago, Guest question remaining said:

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Because of racism by Guest disclosed yourself under some pretence of research found? 

1 hour ago, Guest Guest 2 said:

To surmise an answer, I suppose once a guest or member has revealed himself to being a disruptive, or difficult user, then it is very likely and within reason for all other content (topics or posts) from him to come under a certain level of scrutiny. Overall, the general conduct of an individual within the forum comes into consideration, as well as, isolated incidences.

I personally don't respond to racist things, be it direct or covert. Definitely, from my eyes, there is a often malicious undertone to how he has responded and what he has insinuated to me but as usual, it speaks more about the individual than anything else. Bad upbringing? Lack of tactfulness? Angsty in life so release it in here? Who knows. And frankly, it's something I personally cannot control within other people.

However, if there is still a basis of discussion that I am able to continue, I will do it respectfully and such that, it does not become disruptive to other users, members, or guests. This is after all a platform where information is shared and accessed by many, not just the active participants of the particular topic or thread. 

I also have to add that while I am somewhat aware of the recent troubles with mods and drama he has kicked up, I did not factor those in into my current response, only based on my past exchanges and discussions I have had overall.

To be honest, the moderator(s) have a criteria of misbehaviour that they look out for. Outside of that, it is up to every user in here to appeal to their better nature where mistakes are concerned, and generally, to learn to be a conducive participant. I don't think it is fair to make the mods become mommy and daddy of the forum.

If you know how to behave out there in society, you should know how to behave in here as well, don't you think? To flaunt these rules of common sense, just because one is safe behind digital anonymity means they are just courting a hard time for themselves.

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest disclosed yourself
1 hour ago, tomcat said:

to tomcat: Rest assured there was never any negative undertone in my posts towards you (or even others). In your case I just took the numbers from above and tried to derive at the average of all numbers involved.

The starting sentence at my post was just because you started talking about pulling your earwax out of your ear... ... 

Someone who has been continuously fighting/ rebutting obvious racially insensitive hurtful remarks against certain minority populations to Singapore or resident foreigners from other parts of Asia or the world can hardly be called a racist in my opinion.

The reals problem started that one person always immediately after a post of someone particular directly followed on with a nonsense remark, that in no way related to the thread (Besides that silly hijacking of guest nicks). And this never stopped.

What the Moderators never realised is that the same would have happened if that person had posted under a Member account.

That behaviour is clearly called "online stalking".

The only aim by that person is to ridicule the person in front of others and aim to upset the other.

(There are long time registered Members here who suffer the same treatment by one or maybe two of such Guests.)

The big difference I hold for myself is that I never insulted any other person (be it a member or a guest) or placed any attacks on personal attributes such as looks or sexual preferences.

Guest anti mosquito detergent
6 hours ago, Guest Guest 2 said:

What was there on racism? This is unfairly framing someone for nothing committed.

He was just adding up the numbers from the scientific research onto that tomcat ancestors.

Where is there any racism?

This is the result of various researches on the amount of earwax to body smell.

Why do you have a problem that the Southern Chinese seem to have a 50% chance of body smell compared to Koreans (according to scientic researches)?

If people refer to scientific research findings, this is considered racist?

The above was posted by me as guest.

Guest Hate All Argumentativeness
On March 22, 2019 at 6:40 AM, Guest disclosed yourself said:

The only problem I sometimes have, in particular with guys in Malaysia/ Singapore or China/ Taiwan is that their body has this sort of "Mee Goreng" smell. It is difficult to describe, but it seems that they smell a sort of fried noodle type, but has a bit a "rotten" scent. I know people will start laughing here. but I have faced this quite often in the nearer region but not so much with guys from Indonesia or Thailand. I always go quite far away, if I notice that type of smell with locals. And it comes from people with all local ethnic backgrounds in Singapore. And it can happen that i even stop dating someone for fun, if he had this one type of strong smell, which I personally dislike so much.

Yes, that acrid smell that you describe can happen, often even older ladies in the MRT who supposedly walked a lot in the sun and started sweating. Or even some Ang Moh tourists might have it, but it is very different from above bad smell of some person. And it is not due to bad breath it is a body smell.

The above quoted post is surely a big part of the reason this thread is now in the Flaming Room! A topic about why some guys smell good was hijacked into a topic about some guys smelling like "rotten noodles" instead. Just another typical day at the office for Guest Disclosed Yourself and his Anti-Midas Touch.

Guest Guest
8 hours ago, Guest Hate All Argumentativeness said:

The above quoted post is surely a big part of the reason this thread is now in the Flaming Room! A topic about why some guys smell good was hijacked into a topic about some guys smelling like "rotten noodles" instead. Just another typical day at the office for Guest Disclosed Yourself and his Anti-Midas Touch.

That's why this Guest Disclosed Yourself is called a hypocritical moron. He expects people to hold up values that he himself ignore. He claims others to be racists, while he himself harbour racism thoughts which were put out on display for everyone to see right here. And the best part is how he argues to defend himself even in the wake of all the evidences pointing against him. Like in this case, he is going to say he is not a racist soon. 

Guest Guest
10 hours ago, Guest Hate All Argumentativeness said:

On 3/22/2019 at 6:40 PM, Guest disclosed yourself said:

And we shouldn't start on this.

This morning I read something very ugly at this thread and luckily it was deleted out quite fast.

Let's not stir up emotions.

Certain preferences, ability to smell, differing on bad smell and good smell is very personal.

As I said, the one smell which  makes me run off very fast, I experiences with all ethnic backgrounds from Singapore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He mahi te ataa noho, e kii ana te wheke.

Why if someone gives you a personal opinion on what the smell is about, and describes to what the smell is similar to, then this is offensive?

The quoted post from Disclosed was posted 2 before the thread was moved to the Flaming room. For sure it was not the reason for the thread to be moved to the Flaming Room.

Guest Guest
23 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Why if someone gives you a personal opinion on what the smell is about, and describes to what the smell is similar to, then this is offensive?

The quoted post from Disclosed was posted 2 before the thread was moved to the Flaming room. For sure it was not the reason for the thread to be moved to the Flaming Room.

Stoooopid leh... If the post was posted only after the thread was thrown into the Flaming Room, then it's not the cause for its demise. But if it was thrown there AFTER the post was made, that means that is the cause of it getting into the Flaming Room, right?? 

Guest Guest 3

For the sake of quarreling, you guy here can go on.

You can claim on a point, if other people believe you, I m happy for you.

But going on in trying to make a point (which is not there) is silly.

But if you want to go on, then please go ahead.

• 3 months later...
Guest musky
2 hours ago, StacheDaddy said:

Me myself can smell nice,  but after heavy duty work or exercise where i sweat heavily soaking wet to the bottom, i smell like ammonia. :doh:

Mostly we like our own smell, but it doesn't mean others like our smell. ha ha. that is one of the problems that we ourselves mostly don't note if we smell bad to others.

If you smell like musk after your heavy duty or exercise, then all women will fly onto you and want to have your baby...

The ammonia smell more guys will hit on you (for those who like the smell).

But it is not easy to tell exactly, what the one finds nice the other finds yucky. Just take Durians. ha ha

Some do.

Most don't.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.