Male HQ

Sun Tanning Discussion - Why so many gays like to tan to get tanline when it’s so damaging for the skin (compiled)

imchaser

Hi im quite fair. Thought of getting a tan so it will potray me as a more wild and sporty type, instead of the good and innocent look now.

Is a tanned guy look more sexy than a fair guy? Which one u prefer?

I thought of getting the infamous Julian Hee's tan, the one he had few years back with the very visible singlet tanline. Do u like the idea? its something different. Do u guys think its weird? Or it looks like an accidental tan?

What about the tan line on the face, a strip across both eyes? Those that look like a tan line from wearing sunglasses. Will it look accidental, cool, or just plain weird? It does remind me of one of Faye Wong album cover though.

The safe choice would of cos be the usual swiming trunk tan line.

I got another question, as ill be doing outdoor, should i use sun block or just tanning lotion? or both? what spf?

Volunteering for the underwear association for third world countries. Please donate your used underwear to me.

Guest guest1

i lost 17kg in 6 mths. my suddend weight lost thru exercise n strict diet made me look weak. as i was fair as a plate of steam chicken, lots of people asked me if i am sick! fastest way to look 'healthy' is to get a tan. must must use lots of tanning cream. from what i experience, 1st week of tanning, my skin got a slight rash, but now i maintain my tan by sunning myself 2 times a week for at least an hr each. dun over do it as your skin will get old prematurely.

Guest Guest

i heard sun tanning is harmful to skn and cause ageing . it is better to use self-tannng lotion. i tri the banana boat brand availlable in Guardian or watson. anyone have better recommendation?

There are different types of bear, some like polar bear, some like African bear some intend to look like panda for your case you prefer white eyes with black skin unlike the china type. Ask your chaser what they like. Some people find tanned guy macho but dirty, other prefer fair bear with clean look. Also depending on the amount of fur or hairs you have to determine the skin colour you want. If you are hairy, than tanned may look like ah beng a little short of wearing thick gold chains on the net...the color must be proportionate and also in line with personality. If you put a polar bear in summer, he will sure die one. So you must ask what kind of bear you are first.

As for me, I prefer Koala bear to be placed next to my pillow :P

There are different types of bear, some like polar bear, some like African bear some intend to look like panda for your case you prefer white eyes with black skin unlike the china type. Ask your chaser what they like. Some people find tanned guy macho but dirty, other prefer fair bear with clean look. Also depending on the amount of fur or hairs you have to determine the skin colour you want. If you are hairy, than tanned may look like ah beng a little short of wearing thick gold chains on the net...the color must be proportionate and also in line with personality. If you put a polar bear in summer, he will sure die one. So you must ask what kind of bear you are first.

As for me, I prefer Koala bear to be placed next to my pillow :P

So in your opinion, a tanned guy should not be hairy but as smooth as possible?

imchaser, you look cuter when you are fair ;)

guest, go for in-door tanning, it is safer and quicker :B)

and since when indoor tan is safe may i ask? Basically, you are still exposed to harmful UV rays. Whether its indoor or outdoor, it is still not safe. Put on lots of sunscreen and moisturizer.

Try not to tan in around 11-3pm.. thats when you're prone to be more exposed to these rays (Note, i didnt say its safer, but its definitely less dangerous)

Lots of moisturizer before putting those tanning lotions ya? And drink lots of water!

Happy Tanning~

SPF is shortform for Sun Protection Factor...

Most time if u are going for Tan... U will use mainly Sun Tanning Lotion instead of Sunblock Lotion...

SunBlock usually give u a higher SPF protection than Sun Tanning Lotion.. To know what is the Ideal SPF to use?

U can use the formula

SPF = Time need for sunburn (with sunscreen) / Time need for sunburn (without sunscreen)... For example, 300min for your skin to burn (with sunscreen)/ 30 min without sunscreen: 300/30 = SPF10

So a SPF 15 will give a good protection of up to 5 - 8hrs depending on individual...

Beside knowing what is SPF, U need to know that when doing tanning... What does the UVA/UVB do to you?

UVA causes pre mature aging

UVB causes Burn

UVC causes cancer

A note to precaution will be even doing indoor tanning, u will be expose to both UVA and UVB under the UV light (Tanning Light)... So still need to use sunscreen to protect yourself

So i will suggest that if u really wanted a tan... Do it gradually and use Sun Tanning lotion with at least a minimal SPF protection of 4...in this way, u can tan and at the same time get some protection from the UV...

Most importantly, remember to use the moisturiser after tanning to keep your skin moist and to avoid peeling...

Jurong West

*When there is love, There is HOPE...*

• Guest locked this topic
  • 2 years later...
Guest Tanned

Hi all, I want to get more tanned. I tried swimming and running when the sun is very bright especially the afternoon sun, but im still relatively fair. Anyway to get more tanned?

Guest Blank

There is a cream to apply to get a tanning effect. It's a temporary tan, just like anyone who is out in the sun. 

I used to tan when I was in my teens but now I like my fair body more which some of my dark skin friends envy. Ironic. 

Guest Curious
36 minutes ago, Guest Tanned said:

Hi all, I want to get more tanned. I tried swimming and running when the sun is very bright especially the afternoon sun, but im still relatively fair. Anyway to get more tanned?

Why guys like to get tanned while most girl like to get fair skin? I love fair skin guys like mario maurer. 

Guest Blank
2 hours ago, Guest Curious said:

Why guys like to get tanned while most girl like to get fair skin? I love fair skin guys like mario maurer. 

No idea why many gays like a dark tan bf. I prefer fair skin guys, like you, too. Many Japanese and Korean men are fair and can appear v handsome too. Their dicks are fair as well lol. 

Most SG men/&women are not fair in my personal observation. They're medium skin tone. 

Guest Curious
56 minutes ago, Guest Aged said:

Why aged your skin for no reason?  

Louis Koo was so handsome when he was fair. Now he looks very old. But according to some tabloid news, it was i think fengshui master adviced him to do that to become famous. Look at him now. Famous n rich

Guest Try and see
4 hours ago, Guest Curious said:

Louis Koo was so handsome when he was fair. Now he looks very old. But according to some tabloid news, it was i think fengshui master adviced him to do that to become famous. Look at him now. Famous n rich

I used to like watching him in the Return of the Condor Heroes as Yang Guo. Even my female ex-schoolmate also commented on his fairness.

e7a59ee99b95e4bea0e4bea3-13.jpg

18d913c3b1263701fbccf8f9cd7126af.jpg

Was surprised how weathered and burnt his skin looked a few years after that.

Doesn't look healthy. Makes him look much older than his actual age.

image-original.jpg?1436043194

9 hours ago, Guest Tanned said:

One good reason for sun exposure is to get vitamin D.   Although this vitamin in supplement form seem to do the same thing.

I used to lay in the bright sun for 15 minutes a day with only a towel on my face  (to avoid getting wrinkles), and this would give me also some tan.

But if one does not tan easily,  it may be better to use a tanning cream instead of forcing the skin to get darker.

Afternoon sun usually is too strong that it will burn rather than tan your skin. The best effects for me are usually not during midday, but late morning and early evening times where the sun is not too strong.

I used to do tanning cream but I found that it is usually not as lasting as an actual tan and you need to make sure you evenly spread the tanning cream or it will look patchy. 

Guest Ex school swimmer

Tanning is not good for your skin. 

As you age you will regret the damages caused by the uv rays. I rather remain fair and attractive then to be dark n tanned and wrinkled.

Unusually I swim indoor pools or at night to avoid the sun. 

Try to avoid the sun between 11am to 4 pm.

2 hours ago, Guest Tanned said:

But usually when we see fit muscular gay, tan will look more appealing than fair as tan seems sporty and virile

I got so turn on by meaty natural fair skin. I want to swallow the guy alive. Too tan feel so dry like withered leave. 

Guest disclosed yourself

Must be careful getting a tan, but not all types will result in skin cancer. If the sun lotion is applied regularly then it should be fine. But I would always advise to tan in the shade and not in the direct sunlight. It is better and faster if you tan in the shade at a beach (Sentosa) but not going for a sun tan every day. Just get it done slowly. Need to be patient.

Can play tennis for 2 hours and do some jogging at the beach on another day. Should naturally tan from such activities. But please always with sun lotion if in the direct sunlight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He kākano ahau i ruia mai i Rangiātea.

Tanned color is passe.

Cream color is in.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest First world

Go help those poor elderly to push the heavy stack of cardboards under the sun. They happy you also happy to get sun tanned. Remember to do it daily on midday.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Does tanned people more happy? Because exposure to sun? More vitamin D and balanced hormones? Is it how they come up with the sunny personality?

That could be true if you don't get skin cancer in the process.

I live in the skin cancer capitol of the world and apparently many people here are also deficient in vitamin D.

This is because they cover up and try to keep out of the sun in order to NOT get melanoma cancer.

Vitamin D capsules were recommended to me by my chiropractor who said I was deficient.

Vitamin D opens up the pores in your bones and allows calcium to enter.

Guest Cancer

To be honest tanning is not good at all, better cut down.

It increases your risk of developing skin cancer next time, even if you have applied sunscreen.

Guest psycho-logist

question: how do you get tanned? by being outdoors or going onto a tanning bed? 

There could be confounding factors that affect your mood - e.g. being outdoors - doing sports, being in nature have shown to be able to boost people's moods.

So it might not be that being tan affects your mood but the activities that make you tan is making you happier? 

Guest guest
7 minutes ago, Guest Cancer said:

To be honest tanning is not good at all, better cut down.

It increases your risk of developing skin cancer next time, even if you have applied sunscreen.

Depends what time and how long you are tanned under the sun.

• 1 year later...
  • G_M changed the title to Sun Tanning Discussion - Why so many gays like to tan to get tanline when it’s so damaging for the skin (compiled)

I love to check out surfers with this kind of tan , a tanned torso/back and a very white posterior / butt.

He is Bailey May of OneUnited by the way, cute lad.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGAMjwUJZ8s/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

CgsdePQ.jpg

Edited by riverrobles

I'm really turned-on if both heads (the head above and the head below) are both functioning well

https://asianguysgonewild.newtumbl.com

https://linktr.ee/riverrobles  

WQPofyr.jpg

A bit of sun works wonders as an uplift for the mood and body. One tends to get crabby and grouchy and morose from a lack of sun/ Vit D, and the bones suffer too.

Excessive sun from obsessive tanning, however, is an issue (maybe even a pathological concern), but only if no skin maintenance is done after the acts. For the young, their youthful and collagen rich skin allows faster rebound and recovery. It’s when one tans too often, too long and too much as one gets older and older with age that is really cause for concern. 

If tanning is spaced out scrupulously, constant hydrating is done during tanning, and intense moisturising and face masking carried out consistently and dutifully right after tanning, skin will recover. Consume lots of antioxidant rich fruits. Also, essential oils and serums do wonders for the skin. So, one can still have flawless, brown sugar tan and be cancer free.

It all boils down to moderation and discipline.

On 8/28/2021 at 6:12 PM, HC-B said:

A bit of sun works wonders as an uplift for the mood and body. One tends to get crabby and grouchy and morose from a lack of sun/ Vit D, and the bones suffer too.

Excessive sun from obsessive tanning, however, is an issue (maybe even a pathological concern), but only if no skin maintenance is done after the acts. For the young, their youthful and collagen rich skin allows faster rebound and recovery. It’s when one tans too often, too long and too much as one gets older and older with age that is really cause for concern. 

If tanning is spaced out scrupulously, constant hydrating is done during tanning, and intense moisturising and face masking carried out consistently and dutifully right after tanning, skin will recover. Consume lots of antioxidant rich fruits. Also, essential oils and serums do wonders for the skin. So, one can still have flawless, brown sugar tan and be cancer free.

when did you qualify as a dermatologist?

sorry but this is all complete crap, especially the idea that oils, serums and fruit will keep you cancer-free.

On 8/28/2021 at 6:12 PM, HC-B said:

No such thing as tan in moderation or being disciplined.

Just 1 session of tanning is doing damage to your skin bit by bit. Your skin gets ‘tanned’ as it is protecting itself from the harmful effects of the sun. Applying lotion or after tanning care is really just salvaging the harmful effects from the sun.

Most people care about beauty and aesthetics over the negativities as they dun see the consequences immediately. There’s a reason why tanning salons are now banned in Australia and why sunscreen is such an important step of your skincare routine.

On 8/29/2021 at 2:06 PM, Guest Guest said:

No such thing as tan in moderation or being disciplined.

Just 1 session of tanning is doing damage to your skin bit by bit. Your skin gets ‘tanned’ as it is protecting itself from the harmful effects of the sun. Applying lotion or after tanning care is really just salvaging the harmful effects from the sun.

Most people care about beauty and aesthetics over the negativities as they dun see the consequences immediately. There’s a reason why tanning salons are now banned in Australia and why sunscreen is such an important step of your skincare routine.

You talk about sunscreen protecting skin. Or does it? 

https://www.livescience.com/amp/sunscreen-carcinogen-benzene.html

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/07/17/health/sunscreen-recall-cancer-wellness/index.html

And recently there are doubts whether is there really a need to slap so much sunscreen or just to minimize too much sun exposure. 

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dueling-docs---does-the-s_b_203801/amp

https://www.webmd.com/cancer/news/20031120/could-too-little-sun-cause-cancer

So which is causing more harm? Nature or manmade product? Or do they just go for the $$$ ???

Edited by Kimochi

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.