Male HQ

Rise of the "pregnant" men

Guest Observer

Guest Observer

You have seen them everywhere. Boys and men standing or walking around hugging their haversacks in front instead of decently carrying them at their back. It's getting more and more common now, you will chance upon them at crowded mrt trains, buses and queues.. I believe the trend originated from Malaysian guys. I wonder what started it. Is it to protected their manhoods because some of them have been molested by shameless BW members or guests here :yuk:  ? or they been scolded by people when their haversacks bumped into people on their back esp in crowded buses ? In anyway, it's an unglam posture, it's ugly, indecent and unnatural. I hope  this trend will die off. I know those butt lovers will have a field day now to shamelessly molest those guys' butts at any given opportunities. :whistle:

Guest 小熊叔

Backpacks are very popular in HK because their homes are mostly very small so they prefer to stay out as long as they can. Then they'll bring as much of their barang barang with them outside and use big backpacks to carry them, water bottle, files, snacks, computer notebook, charger, stationery, shopping items, even change of clothes etc

To me, they look like tortoises carry their homes on their backs. When I see a big crowd of people at Central with these big backpacks on their backs, it looked really ugly like so many poor animals of burden being herded around.

Those backpacks make them look so heavily burdened like hunchbacked. So tiring. Nowadays, HK lose their cool image and they don't care about their dressing anymore especially the men. At least the British carry the minimum in a stylish briefcase. A stylish backpack still looked like a tortoise shell even if it's made of gold. No men fashion show would ever hunch the model's back profile like a tortoise, it's so ugly. All symmetry is totally lost.

Guest guest
1 hour ago, Guest Observer said:

You have seen them everywhere. Boys and men standing or walking around hugging their haversacks in front instead of decently carrying them at their back. It's getting more and more common now, you will chance upon them at crowded mrt trains, buses and queues.. I believe the trend originated from Malaysian guys. I wonder what started it. Is it to protected their manhoods because some of them have been molested by shameless BW members or guests here :yuk:  ? or they been scolded by people when their haversacks bumped into people on their back esp in crowded buses ? In anyway, it's an unglam posture, it's ugly, indecent and unnatural. I hope  this trend will die off. I know those butt lovers will have a field day now to shamelessly molest those guys' butts at any given opportunities. :whistle:

you are nuts, blowing big an issue that is of no serious consequences, 

people carry the haversack in the front , but mostly for not the reason you mentioned.

I can mention 2 other valid reasons why some ppl carry haversack by slinging it front.

1)  For security reasons and theft prevention.  carry haversack in the front is to prevent petty theft,  some thieves will open your the bag zipper and take belongings without being detected when sling haversack to the back.

theft have occured like this , true . valid to carry in front in crowded traffic clogged places.

2) Carrying haversack on the back encourages back to sweat even more. haversack will stink in a few months , stale oily sweat and sebum smell from carrying at the back.

carry in front less hot and shirt back stays dry or drier.

3) Person may have spine problem and doctor says alternate carrying haversack over back and front to redistribute  weight, 

please dont try to devalue a Malaysian's worth by your narrow mindedness and prejudices,.

seems like nothing a Malaysian can do to please you, please look in the mirror at your own reflection. Do u want someone from Thailand or Indonesia to judge you using tge same ruler of measurement and standards as u use on Malaysians.

Besides, A person has the absolute right to carry his bag anywhere on his body so long as its not against rhe law.

Your statement reflects badly on you yourself.

LoL.

1) just being considerate by doing so during train or bus rude esp during peak hours

2)i do that to relax my back esp after a long day.

3) to better my posture - yes our back tend to straighten if you mount the backpack by the front.

Guest Reason
3 hours ago, Guest Observer said:

This is the reason

4 hours ago, Guest Observer said:

You have seen them everywhere. Boys and men standing or walking around hugging their haversacks in front instead of decently carrying them at their back. It's getting more and more common now, you will chance upon them at crowded mrt trains, buses and queues.

...In anyway, it's an unglam posture, it's ugly, indecent and unnatural. I hope  this trend will die off. I know those butt lovers will have a field day now to shamelessly molest those guys' butts at any given opportunities. :whistle:

Why you find it "indecent and unnatural" to carry a haversack in the front?

If you want to continue with the line of "molestation",  I can suggest that you find that those carrying it on the front are bottoms (to have their butt molested), and those carrying it on the back are tops (to have their front fondled).  Since most men are tops,  this explains why it is usually carried on the back.  How you like this theory?  :lol:   

Guest Guest

I always carry my backpack in front whenever I entered a bus or train. Reason being that I'm considerate, by doing so my bag wouldn't hit on other, especially when in the bus.

I have seen and experience those who carry their backpack on their bag turn and swing their bag on other passenger's body or face. They wouldn't realise their action was so rude.

If I don't carry my backpack on the front, I'll put it in the floor. Not only it lighten my burden but also create space for other to board the vehicle.

I'll carry my backpack on my bag after I exit the bus or train. Though when I go to a super crowded place I'll carry them in front for safety reason.

Guest Observer
8 hours ago, Guest guest said:

you are nuts, blowing big an issue that is of no serious consequences, 

people carry the haversack in the front , but mostly for not the reason you mentioned.

I can mention 2 other valid reasons why some ppl carry haversack by slinging it front.

1)  For security reasons and theft prevention.  carry haversack in the front is to prevent petty theft,  some thieves will open your the bag zipper and take belongings without being detected when sling haversack to the back.

theft have occured like this , true . valid to carry in front in crowded traffic clogged places

please dont try to devalue a Malaysian's worth by your narrow mindedness and prejudices,.

seems like nothing a Malaysian can do to please you, please look in the mirror at your own reflection. Do u want someone from Thailand or Indonesia to judge you using tge same ruler of measurement and standards as u use on Malaysians.

Besides, A person has the absolute right to carry his bag anywhere on his body so long as its not against rhe law.

Your statement reflects badly on you yourself.

LoL.

Aiyo, so sensitive. Just saying that the trip have originated from Malaysia mah. So easily offended. You have low self esteem hah ? :whistle:

You are right about the security issues. I get that, more so to affirm my suspicion that it originated from Malaysia as it can be quite unsafe there where snatch thief is common and can often be deadly.

Guest Observer
7 hours ago, Guest Reason said:

This is the reason

Omg ! Was it from Malaysia ? Kinda odd, where women are more vulnerable, the trend of carrying haversack in front is more common in men.

6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Why you find it "indecent and unnatural" to carry a haversack in the front?

If you want to continue with the line of "molestation",  I can suggest that you find that those carrying it on the front are bottoms (to have their butt molested), and those carrying it on the back are tops (to have their front fondled).  Since most men are tops,  this explains why it is usually carried on the back.  How you like this theory?  :lol:   

Oh mine Steve, you are so enlightened.  :lol:

4 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I always carry my backpack in front whenever I entered a bus or train. Reason being that I'm considerate, by doing so my bag wouldn't hit on other, especially when in the bus.

I have seen and experience those who carry their backpack on their bag turn and swing their bag on other passenger's body or face. They wouldn't realise their action was so rude.

If I don't carry my backpack on the front, I'll put it in the floor. Not only it lighten my burden but also create space for other to board the vehicle.

I'll carry my backpack on my bag after I exit the bus or train. Though when I go to a super crowded place I'll carry them in front for safety reason.

Yes, I think it's the SG's way of explaining, though I still find the posture odd and unappealing.

9 hours ago, Guest 小熊叔 said:

Backpacks are very popular in HK because their homes are mostly very small so they prefer to stay out as long as they can. Then they'll bring as much of their barang barang with them outside and use big backpacks to carry them, water bottle, files, snacks, computer notebook, charger, stationery, shopping items, even change of clothes etc

To me, they look like tortoises carry their homes on their backs. When I see a big crowd of people at Central with these big backpacks on their backs, it looked really ugly like so many poor animals of burden being herded around.

Those backpacks make them look so heavily burdened like hunchbacked. So tiring. Nowadays, HK lose their cool image and they don't care about their dressing anymore especially the men. At least the British carry the minimum in a stylish briefcase. A stylish backpack still looked like a tortoise shell even if it's made of gold. No men fashion show would ever hunch the model's back profile like a tortoise, it's so ugly. All symmetry is totally lost.

Not true, some men wear their their haversack well in a manly stylish way.  Agree a briefcase is more stylish but it's more applicable for formal office dressing and not for casual wear and they are not very portable.

Guest Guest Commonsense
11 hours ago, Guest Observer said:

Carrying haversacks or backpacks in front while commuting is not a phenomenon particular to Malaysia alone. And it is certainly not a "trend".

If you travel anywhere in the world and observe how people commute on crowded buses and trains, carrying backpacks in such a manner is an act of courtesy and consideration for others so that your backpack does not obstruct somebody else's way. In places where pickpockets are commonplace, carrying backpacks in such a way is also recommended. Same goes for handbags, pouches and sling bags... it is not a gender-specific habit. It makes practical sense.

At the end of the day, I hope people in Singaporeans become more gracious and courteous, and do the right thing instead of just doing things that are "trendy" or "stylish", or "manly". So what if I look like a pregnant man on a crowded bus? At least another commuter can walk behind me without obstruction.

Guest Funny
47 minutes ago, Guest Observer said:

Omg ! Was it from Malaysia ? Kinda odd, where women are more vulnerable, the trend of carrying haversack in front is more common in men.

Because women already carry 2 big papayas in front. Not good to smash the papaya.

Guest Funny
50 minutes ago, Guest Observer said:

Yes in malaysia. Aeon Tebrau

Guest Observer
1 hour ago, Guest Guest Commonsense said:

Carrying haversacks or backpacks in front while commuting is not a phenomenon particular to Malaysia alone. And it is certainly not a "trend".

If you travel anywhere in the world and observe how people commute on crowded buses and trains, carrying backpacks in such a manner is an act of courtesy and consideration for others so that your backpack does not obstruct somebody else's way. In places where pickpockets are commonplace, carrying backpacks in such a way is also recommended. Same goes for handbags, pouches and sling bags... it is not a gender-specific habit. It makes practical sense.

At the end of the day, I hope people in Singaporeans become more gracious and courteous, and do the right thing instead of just doing things that are "trendy" or "stylish", or "manly". So what if I look like a pregnant man on a crowded bus? At least another commuter can walk behind me without obstruction.

You think you are more gracious by carrying your bag in front meh. I beg to differ. You will be more courteous if you place your bag down in crowded buses or mrt trains ( see fan's post above) else you are just pushing your bag forward and knocking onto the irritated person in front of you while forcing the person behind to brush off your butts ( or you intentionally want to do it ? Hmmm...)

1 hour ago, Guest Funny said:

Because women already carry 2 big papayas in front. Not good to smash the papaya.

Lol !! Oh I see. Bless those delicate parts :D

Guest Funny

Wow ! So blatant.  Hope the guy was caught.

3 person involved. The auntie who was trying to divert the lady's attention. And the young lady holding the file to block the side view. The guy also holding the file covering remaining view and pickpoketing the item. I think the auntie also openned the zip or smthg behind the bag in d beginning.

Guest Guest Commonsense

You think you are more gracious by carrying your bag in front meh. I beg to differ. You will be more courteous if you place your bag down in crowded buses or mrt trains ( see fan's post above) else you are just pushing your bag forward and knocking onto the irritated person in front of you while forcing the person behind to brush off your butts ( or you intentionally want to do it ? Hmmm...)

Lol !! Oh I see. Bless those delicate parts :D

Bags on the floor on a crowded bus are hazardous as passengers may trip over them.

Perhaps bags on the floor on a train are slightly better; but still not much safer unless you are in a position where you don't impede the movement of other passengers.

That's why normal commuter trains in some countries have overhead shelves I guess.

Yes, I'm not the most gracious person around, but perhaps I am more so, and less superficial than some others who do things only for "trends" or "style".

Guest cleverguy
17 hours ago, Guest Observer said:

this must be the most stupid discussion i seen this week.

32 minutes ago, Guest cleverguy said:

this must be the most stupid discussion i seen this week.

Lol.

From a forum pov, as long as the thread draws comments, it is a good discussion.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
15 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Stupid comments in a stupid thread does not a good discussion make.

You mean stupid comments like yours....? That explains why nobody ever had any good discussions with you. 

Guest Rolling eyes

Obviously you have nothing better to care about in your life. What's your problem? Like the world can't fit in people carrying their begs on their front?!

Guest Thomas Didymuz Toh

Guys with bags in front of them are much better compared to the guys with the life buoys around the waist (fat chubby tubby that cannot walk kind)

Guest Ah Pui
On 3/17/2019 at 1:54 AM, Guest Observer said:

Phew.... I tot you’re talking about men with big tummy.  Lol

• 4 weeks later...

It would make more sense if travelling in public buses or MRT that we are aware of our surroundings. 

There are so many commuters who are so engrossed in their mobile that they are totally ignorant that

they have turned and their haversacks have accidentally hit another person. 

To live in the moment and be aware of your surrounding is not only for one's good and also for others around us. 

Live considerately and create goodwill in whatever you do in your daily life. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.