Male HQ

Complete List of BAD Gym Behaviour

tomcat

Maybe due to the proximity with Songkran, there is suddenly a surge of guys in the gym. The minders are left scratching their heads, with one of them reporting that there was a quarrel which is rare. Personally, I've faced a fair share of bad gym behaviour, and hopefully if you see yourself on this list, it is time to change.

1. Obvious one, never return weights where they belong. Same for benches.

2. Not wiping sweat after using bench or equipment.

3. Pulling a bitchface when asking others if they are using weights or equipment.

4. Not wanting to share weights or equipment

5. Hogging too many weights, for example, 1 person using 8 weights.

6. Hogging the equipment, even though others are waiting for it - playing phone, or just stoning.

7. Planting yourself in front and hogging the mirror, while others at the back are being blocked.

8. Loitering for no reason around water cooler.

9. Coming into gym with improper wear, like formal shoes and slippers.

10. Gathering around and blocking entrances and exits.

11. Excessive noise like grunting, moaning, slamming and dropping weights.

12. Trying to talk to someone while they are in the middle of a set/rep.

These are the ones that I see most in my gym, please add more!! SK or not, some consideration goes a long way. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest circus/thief/shock

sometimes theres a once-a-year-gym goers, normally in groups, just goes there do random exercises, BUT making so much noise as if its a circus. also people that just take the weights u are currently using without asking. and funny people that will give u the "blur and shock look" when you ask to share equipment.

Guest Guest

Actually #11 is quite ok because the grunting helps push out a few more reps. If the floor is padded, or it’s a deadlift platform, then dropping weights is also acceptable.

The really annoying thing is leaving sweaty used gym clothes/towels on the bench or in the shower, and walking off. Sweaty clothes should be packed away in plastic bags and towels returned to the bin.

Guest Guest

My worst encounter was that with a princess macho Mary, who asked to share the weights that I was using, took it away, and refused to share it when I asked for my turn to use them. Then subsequently, he went to the gym manager and accused me of the one who did not want to share, because I took the weights away from him since I was the one to use it first. When he loudly proclaimed that he won't be joining the gym because of the lack of sharing etiquette, I couldn't help but laugh that it wasn't a loss to me, and in fact, an unexpected benefit. 

And I had some encounters with a very famous BW member here as well. He puts his face on his own profile here and, online on this forum, he appears to be a nicey dicey person putting inspirational quotes here for everyone to see. At the now-defunct California gym, he is one self-entitled idiot who will just take the weights away even though my hands were resting on the dumbbell parts of the weights. I do that as an indication that I am still using them, and that I am just resting them on the racks for a while so that I do not need to bend down to pick them up. But this member will just grab the weights by the handles and take them away, without as much as an "excuse me". I was quite shocked by the difference in his online character and that in reality. And it didn't happen just once, but several times. This is one lesson people should learn from this: People's online persona can be completely different from their real life persona. A nicey dicey person online here on this forum may be the rudest and most obnoxious person in reality. And even if he is nice to you in reality, it may be just because he is working and he wants your money. 

Using more than one station at anytime.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

My worst encounter was that with a princess macho Mary, who asked to share the weights that I was using, took it away, and refused to share it when I asked for my turn to use them. Then subsequently, he went to the gym manager and accused me of the one who did not want to share, because I took the weights away from him since I was the one to use it first. When he loudly proclaimed that he won't be joining the gym because of the lack of sharing etiquette, I couldn't help but laugh that it wasn't a loss to me, and in fact, an unexpected benefit. 

And I had some encounters with a very famous BW member here as well. He puts his face on his own profile here and, online on this forum, he appears to be a nicey dicey person putting inspirational quotes here for everyone to see. At the now-defunct California gym, he is one self-entitled idiot who will just take the weights away even though my hands were resting on the dumbbell parts of the weights. I do that as an indication that I am still using them, and that I am just resting them on the racks for a while so that I do not need to bend down to pick them up. But this member will just grab the weights by the handles and take them away, without as much as an "excuse me". I was quite shocked by the difference in his online character and that in reality. And it didn't happen just once, but several times. This is one lesson people should learn from this: People's online persona can be completely different from their real life persona. A nicey dicey person online here on this forum may be the rudest and most obnoxious person in reality. And even if he is nice to you in reality, it may be just because he is working and he wants your money. 

Don’t tell me it’s A...?

13 hours ago, Guest circus/thief/shock said:

sometimes theres a once-a-year-gym goers, normally in groups, just goes there do random exercises, BUT making so much noise as if its a circus. also people that just take the weights u are currently using without asking. and funny people that will give u the "blur and shock look" when you ask to share equipment.

yes, this one i tend to see at the beginning of the year  when new year resolution is strongest.  they stop coming by the time Feb and Mar rolls along. Thank god.

12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Actually #11 is quite ok because the grunting helps push out a few more reps. If the floor is padded, or it’s a deadlift platform, then dropping weights is also acceptable.

The really annoying thing is leaving sweaty used gym clothes/towels on the bench or in the shower, and walking off. Sweaty clothes should be packed away in plastic bags and towels returned to the bin.

It can be very distracting to people nearby. and plus if you need to grunt to push out one more rep, the form is probably off or senget. I think all the ones with truly magnificent bods in the gyms are those that do their reps, slowly, controlled movements with no noise. I aim to be one of them, instead of crazy noisy baboons who are usually just using swing and momentum to displace or lift the weight.

5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

My worst encounter was that with a princess macho Mary, who asked to share the weights that I was using, took it away, and refused to share it when I asked for my turn to use them. Then subsequently, he went to the gym manager and accused me of the one who did not want to share, because I took the weights away from him since I was the one to use it first. 

Sigh, I feel you.

Just last week, I had a guy strolling in, no warmup or anything, took a bench and proceeded to do dumbbell chest flys. After ONE set at 16kg, he approached me and my partner with a CB face if I am using the set of 20kg. I supposed his question was meant to be some passive aggressive fake-gentleman act so we would give it up. Obviously, if i am taking it I am using it, so I said "yes" and explained that we have one more set of 18kg, before doing sets with the 20kg. his black face grew into bitch face - really ugly baboon of a man. body nice also, face is eat shit and die, made uglier by a poor attitude and awareness.

he actually proceeded to do the equivalent of stomp away but then asked if he can share instead, to which I smile politely, "Yup, sure -go ahead." with an open palm gesture.  He used it for one set, before using another type of weight to work his chest, so I also don't know what kind of shit set/workout is that. 

I think this is a good example of a pussy entitled man. the whole gym is not going to stop what they are doing mid-rep just to give in to your passive aggressive request.  if you want to use, then be a man and say. if we are still using it, then ask to share. if don't want to share, then just sit there and wait or do something else.

it is not rocket science. A big grown man but act like a little girl at playground, don't know how to play well with others. Sigh, malu leh. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

On 4/2/2019 at 5:46 PM, tomcat said:

Maybe due to the proximity with Songkran, there is suddenly a surge of guys in the gym. The minders are left scratching their heads, with one of them reporting that there was a quarrel which is rare. Personally, I've faced a fair share of bad gym behaviour, and hopefully if you see yourself on this list, it is time to change.

1. Obvious one, never return weights where they belong. Same for benches.

2. Not wiping sweat after using bench or equipment.

3. Pulling a bitchface when asking others if they are using weights or equipment.

4. Not wanting to share weights or equipment

5. Hogging too many weights, for example, 1 person using 8 weights.

6. Hogging the equipment, even though others are waiting for it - playing phone, or just stoning.

7. Planting yourself in front and hogging the mirror, while others at the back are being blocked.

8. Loitering for no reason around water cooler.

9. Coming into gym with improper wear, like formal shoes and slippers.

10. Gathering around and blocking entrances and exits.

11. Excessive noise like grunting, moaning, slamming and dropping weights.

12. Trying to talk to someone while they are in the middle of a set/rep.

These are the ones that I see most in my gym, please add more!! SK or not, some consideration goes a long way. 

i have seen all of these except for number 3. I am ever grateful for that. 

No. 2 - I have seen a guy (A) approaching another guy (B) who just finished weights and did not wipe off his sweat after when he was done using the bench. A said to him in a polite way that he should leave the bench the way he found it - without his sweat. B then proceeded to say to him that it is the next guy who wanna use the bench's job to wipe it off. And A just said 'wow' and left. 

No. 11 - personally, I think regardless of how padded or sound-absorbent or shock-absorbent the floor is, the rule is if you have to slam the weights, then it just mean the weights are too heavy for you for your own good. or you are just showing off. 

No. 12 - I had been approached a few times when i was doing my weightlifting, with a wireless earphone on. regardless of how cute the guy is, regardless of how interesting the topic of conversation he is trying to floor to me, it is just plain irksome and disrespectful of my preference to be kept to myself. 

Guest 沒修養
5 hours ago, cloxk said:

No. 2 - I have seen a guy (A) approaching another guy (B) who just finished weights and did not wipe off his sweat after when he was done using the bench. A said to him in a polite way that he should leave the bench the way he found it - without his sweat. B then proceeded to say to him that it is the next guy who wanna use the bench's job to wipe it off. And A just said 'wow' and left. 

wow. Seriously 沒有修養。

13. Pretending to hold long time "possession" of some gym equipment with a personal object

There is a saying "possession is three quarters of the law",  but after years of seeing people leave their stuff on some machine and then abandoning it for long times,  I don't honor this anymore, especially if the machine is one-of-a-kind.  I move the object out of the way if necessary, and then use the equipment.   When people return, they usually pick up their object and say nothing.  If they do, my point is simple:  equipment is for the use of members, not for objects like towels, gloves,  Of course I accept that people move away shortly to get some water, or even use the restroom.  But I take possession of a machine that stays unused for five or ten minutes, even if some object tries to "reserve" it.

16 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

And I had some encounters with a very famous BW member here as well. He puts his face on his own profile here and, online on this forum, he appears to be a nicey dicey person putting inspirational quotes here for everyone to see. At the now-defunct California gym, he is one self-entitled idiot who will just take the weights away even though my hands were resting on the dumbbell parts of the weights. I do that as an indication that I am still using them, and that I am just resting them on the racks for a while so that I do not need to bend down to pick them up. 

I have never seen someone "reserving" dumbbells by keeping their hands on them while on the rack.

Frequently the dumbbell rack is in front of a mirror, and some people stand in front of the rack to easily pick the weights from the rack and do arm exercises in front of this mirror. So:

14. Standing around in front of the dumbbell rack to easily lift them up and use them right there,  being in the way of other members who need to pick up, deposit other weights.

If you want to use dumbbells, go and pick them up from the rack and then move away and use them elsewhere.  

14 hours ago, cloxk said:

i have seen all of these except for number 3. I am ever grateful for that. 

that is just really telling of a person's true nature. despite how nice he is outside, you know that this person is fundamentally deep down an a-hole. i wonder how many a-holes are around us all the time, pretending to be nice and civil, and just that the gym brings out their true nature. just like the no.3  guy with bitchface, he is an a-hole using politeness in a passive-aggressive way, haha.

No. 11 - personally, I think regardless of how padded or sound-absorbent or shock-absorbent the floor is, the rule is if you have to slam the weights, then it just mean the weights are too heavy for you for your own good. or you are just showing off. 

exactly. most of these guys don't realise how much more classier and admirable it is, to just work out quietly but correctly. no flexing or beast modes, just do it perfectly, beautifully, no noise. it really all boils down to insecurity - as they think they are in competition with other guys, but really, this is a journey to better ourselves. we are our own competition.

No. 12 - I had been approached a few times when i was doing my weightlifting, with a wireless earphone on. regardless of how cute the guy is, regardless of how interesting the topic of conversation he is trying to floor to me, it is just plain irksome and disrespectful of my preference to be kept to myself. 

this happens a lot too when i was working out alone. some guy or kid can ask if he can go next, while i am literally mid-rep, trying to concentrate on form, mind-body connection, pushing one last good one out. it just breaks the concentration, not sure if they do it harmlessly (once again, due to lack of awareness) or just for fun to screw with other people. so far, it's changed once i started working out with my partner, i suppose we are in our zone, and it's harder to barge in or disrupt.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL!.  

There are valid reasons to do rounds on several machines.  But then, the person should not object to someone working in on one of these machines while he is using the others.

he was just doing weights on a bench, but his sequence was really strange. it wasn't incremental, or even proper pyramid. in truth, he was just impatient and was pissed off that he was inconvenienced by a full gym. just another full grown entitled spoilt brat. going to the gym 4 times a week, sometimes i just need to be flexible with that day's muscle group. even if i want to work the chest, but there are many users in line for the equipment, then i either have to target the same muscle in another way, or consider switching to another muscle group that day. it's just about expectation and managing / adapting to circumstance. 

13. Pretending to hold long time "possession" of some gym equipment with a personal object

There is a saying "possession is three quarters of the law",  but after years of seeing people leave their stuff on some machine and then abandoning it for long times,  I don't honor this anymore, especially if the machine is one-of-a-kind.  I move the object out of the way if necessary, and then use the equipment.   When people return, they usually pick up their object and say nothing.  If they do, my point is simple:  equipment is for the use of members, not for objects like towels, gloves,  Of course I accept that people move away shortly to get some water, or even use the restroom.  But I take possession of a machine that stays unused for five or ten minutes, even if some object tries to "reserve" it.

yeah, i agree completely. most exercises are also done in standard blocks of sets and reps, so it is really easy to anticipate the time one needs. so if the person is away for more than 15 minutes, that is already the time for a few good sets. It is fair to conclude that if they break their own timing, even with rest time included, that they are not returning soon to use the machine. to "reserve" it, preventing others from using it, and then actually not even using it is just severely inconsiderate.

14. Standing around in front of the dumbbell rack to easily lift them up and use them right there,  being in the way of other members who need to pick up, deposit other weights. If you want to use dumbbells, go and pick them up from the rack and then move away and use them elsewhere.  

similar to no. 7. it is a complete lack of awareness, or just being a tool, to stand in front of the mirror or equipment, and block others from accessing it. most of the time, it is the latter, as their general conduct and way of carrying themselves usually matches up to them being a douche. they usually make too much noise, drawing attention to themselves, laugh loudly and are completely obsessed with their own reflection, flexing and flaring like a siamese fighting fish.

*CRINGE*

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

excessive grunting and dropping weights (even on padded floors) are just attention-seeking and half the time, they aren't pretty to look at in the first place.

no 13. excessive cussing among a group.

when every sentence has to start or end with a fuck lah, or chee beh  .... 

On 4/3/2019 at 12:54 AM, Guest Guest said:

Guest Guest
11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I have never seen someone "reserving" dumbbells by keeping their hands on them while on the rack.

Frequently the dumbbell rack is in front of a mirror, and some people stand in front of the rack to easily pick the weights from the rack and do arm exercises in front of this mirror. So:

14. Standing around in front of the dumbbell rack to easily lift them up and use them right there,  being in the way of other members who need to pick up, deposit other weights.

If you want to use dumbbells, go and pick them up from the rack and then move away and use them elsewhere.  

No matter where you leave your weights/dumbbell, it will be in the way of someone else one way or another, at one time or another, regardless if the weight or dumbbell is on the rack or anywhere else. The important thing is to move away from the spot if it is inconveniencing anyone. Besides, nobody said anything about the reason for keeping the weights on the racks is to do arm exercises in front of any mirrors. Moreover, if there is the gym has issues with members doing exercises in front of any mirrors, then why did they put up the mirrors in the first place? Furthermore, in the case above, if another gym member already has his hands on the weights, is it even right for another person to go take it away without as much as an "excuse me"? 

It's really frightening to see how people are going around making rules and laws for other people simply based on the way they like things done. It seems like vigilantism is growing in this Blowing Wind forum nowadays. First it was someone on this Forum itself trying to "make the forum a better place". Now, vigilantism is getting promoted in the gym too. Maybe forumers here on BW should exercise their minds more than their body and their mouth.  

10 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Now, vigilantism is getting promoted in the gym too. Maybe forumers here on BW should exercise their minds more than their body and their mouth.  

do you even know what "vigilantism" means - it means taking the law into one's hand and executing punishment upon others. nobody here has mentioned anything like that so don't anyhow start trouble in this thread when there is none, guest. the only over-reacting here is you. 

actually it is just common sense. in most gyms at least one wall (usually the longest one) will be dedicated to mirrors. for my gym, this means that the handweights, bars, bench press, squat rack and part of the cable machine are all placed right up to it. of course the last three are permanently placed, but the rest are not. because the alternative is to have it grouped in an island in the middle of the space, which further inhibits access to the mirror and is not ergonomic in terms of viewing angle.

this is the case for most gyms, unless it is those type of resort recreational gyms with open windows and no mirrors at all.

so just because it is near the mirror, does not mean you stand in front of the mirror to use it. it's the same for other communal type amenities like a vending machine, or food-queue. just because you get what you want from that spot, doesn't mean you stand there and drink/eat your food right? especially if there are other people trying to access the very same machine or area. lack of oxygen can impair judgement and rational thinking, so chill and breathe deeply, haha.

as long as you take the weights with you & keep them at your feet, they are out of everyone's way. what nonsense, "one way or another, at one time or another". wishy-washy, take your own advice and just push your mind a bit more and take an extended rest and recovery year for your mouth.

k thx bye

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

7 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

No matter where you leave your weights/dumbbell, it will be in the way of someone else one way or another, at one time or another, regardless if the weight or dumbbell is on the rack or anywhere else. The important thing is to move away from the spot if it is inconveniencing anyone. Besides, nobody said anything about the reason for keeping the weights on the racks is to do arm exercises in front of any mirrors. Moreover, if there is the gym has issues with members doing exercises in front of any mirrors, then why did they put up the mirrors in the first place? Furthermore, in the case above, if another gym member already has his hands on the weights, is it even right for another person to go take it away without as much as an "excuse me"? 

It's really frightening to see how people are going around making rules and laws for other people simply based on the way they like things done. It seems like vigilantism is growing in this Blowing Wind forum nowadays. First it was someone on this Forum itself trying to "make the forum a better place". Now, vigilantism is getting promoted in the gym too. Maybe forumers here on BW should exercise their minds more than their body and their mouth.  

I should not like your "vigilante" criticism of those who make well founded common sense observations of negative gym practices. Are you aware that a mirror serves its purpose even if you are not standing close in front of it?  In most gyms with mirrors, the dumbbell racks are placed in front of them  (even when in my gym some expensive glass panels get broken at times by someone going too far placing the weights back on the rack).  Users who are not morons pick up the weights and then STEP BACK from the rack to leave it free for others to pass by, pick up and drop the dumbbells on it,  and still can see themselves perfectly well in the mirror to control their moves.  Idiots stay against the rack impervious to others who may need to get in their spot.  When this happens,  I get in their space, with an "excuse me", and the idiot has to move or stop his set.   I have not found anyone so dumb to keep his hands on the dumbbells, but if I need them, and they are just warmed up by the idiot's hands,  I will take them after saying a dry "excuse me, I need to use these".

Every week I use the dumbbells from the rack.  And I do this in a place that is not in the way of anyone.  I don't know why you have a problem with this.

Guest Hefty Hefty Guest
11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I will not defend "Mr. Inspirational" for basically snatching the weights out of your hands, but to be honest, you were being rude to other members by lazily resting your dumbbells on the rack between sets. Your sustained presence in that particular spot, a typically heavily-used place in a gym, blocks other people or makes it more inconvenient for them to pick up nearby dumbbells.

The excuse that you did not want to bend down and pick up the weights to begin your next set is the type of dumb twisted "logic" I would expect to hear from a PRC, and bad gym behavior is the "standard" there since most of their population has no idea how to behave anywhere, but especially not in a crowded gym. Even their trainers make going to the gym an excruciating experience.

I always try to take the dumbbells that I'm using into an area where I will experience the least bother, and also cause the least bother for other people, and return the dumbbells to the rack when I finish. Maybe you should try using lighter weights if they are really so heavy that you can't bend down to pick them up between sets. Stick to your real strength range and don't risk injury.

• 1 month later...
On 4/12/2019 at 12:44 AM, Gonzo said:

worst is know your workout routine and plan, then use the next gym equipment . standby the equipment to try to force a conversation. when you move to alternate exercise they move to in front or behind you abandoning the equipment you had planned to use.

or trying to impress you by doing the same exercise when you switch to with heavier weight but poor or terrible form.

slamming 60kg of weight on the floor. disregarding the safety of the other people, trying to impress you.

this is why i limit verbal interaction in the gym -  the more you talk, the more these people think its ok to do funny things. especially the "bro bro bro" guys. 

25 minutes ago, qsefthu78 said:

Using multiple benches:

Bench 1 - lifting belt and hand phone

Bench 2 - for bench press

Benches 3, 4 - for planking

usually for these, i will just go up & ask if I can have one bench - sometimes the reason is selfishness, other times it's just lack of awareness. if it is the latter, usually they are embarassed and will be okay giving one up. if it is the former, then I just make a mental note of this guy - next time i am using something he needs, he will have to wait until i am done, cos I wont share with him either. Fair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

while i am on the topic of bro-bro-bro straight guys, there is one dragonboat guy who sometimes comes with his gf. she is a straight out bitch, always complaining and whining. she even exclaims loudly when people stand too close to her, as if the gym is for her alone. 

once she exclaimed out loud that she wanted me to move and remove my towel from a bench, i actually stopped my set midway and did just that. the boyfriend was so shocked and embarrassed, he apologised and thanked me so many times. a few other times, she was grunting and cursing him loudly as he made her do some abs, the boyfriend also just take it with a red face.

I am targeting her and her bad behaviour every time she comes in  - these lousy girls treat their boyfriends like trash. don't blame us gays, when your boyfriends leave you because they realise they can have a better life with us, a better workout buddy and have a fabulous time getting their dick sucked and worshipped, with no whining.

2 strikes already, 1 more and it's fair game, haha. 

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

5 hours ago, tomcat said:

this is why i limit verbal interaction in the gym -  the more you talk, the more these people think its ok to do funny things. especially the "bro bro bro" guys. 

usually for these, i will just go up & ask if I can have one bench - sometimes the reason is selfishness, other times it's just lack of awareness. if it is the latter, usually they are embarassed and will be okay giving one up. if it is the former, then I just make a mental note of this guy - next time i am using something he needs, he will have to wait until i am done, cos I wont share with him either. Fair.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

while i am on the topic of bro-bro-bro straight guys, there is one dragonboat guy who sometimes comes with his gf. she is a straight out bitch, always complaining and whining. she even exclaims loudly when people stand too close to her, as if the gym is for her alone. 

once she exclaimed out loud that she wanted me to move and remove my towel from a bench, i actually stopped my set midway and did just that. the boyfriend was so shocked and embarrassed, he apologised and thanked me so many times. a few other times, she was grunting and cursing him loudly as he made her do some abs, the boyfriend also just take it with a red face.

I am targeting her and her bad behaviour every time she comes in  - these lousy girls treat their boyfriends like trash. don't blame us gays, when your boyfriends leave you because they realise they can have a better life with us, a better workout buddy and have a fabulous time getting their dick sucked and worshipped, with no whining.

2 strikes already, 1 more and it's fair game, haha. 

When strike three you intend to suck her bf cock and swallow his cum? TELL US THE STORY WHEN THAT HAPPENS ~ :lol:

On 4/4/2019 at 1:06 AM, cloxk said:

I dont understand chinese language

I remember one time when I pretended not to understand Chinese as I was very annoyed with one group that kept hogging the equipment and they were even asking me to give up my weights when they have literally took every weight until 22kg. And true enough, they started to talk shit about me in Chinese.

That aside, I dislike a certain group of below-22 people at my gym who purposely place their bags at the barbell area to 'reserve' the spot. Rather unfair for the rest who are placing their bags at the communal shelves. This group can do what they want because they are friends with the gym management. And precisely why I don't go to that gym often.

8 hours ago, repressednerd said:

That aside, I dislike a certain group of below-22 people at my gym who purposely place their bags at the barbell area to 'reserve' the spot. Rather unfair for the rest who are placing their bags at the communal shelves. This group can do what they want because they are friends with the gym management. And precisely why I don't go to that gym often.

Normal etiquette rules allow you to disregard or remove an item left at an unused piece of equipment for the purpose of "reserving" it.  It can also have been forgotten.

When they come and argue that they "have" the machine you can argue back that they were not using it, and "machines are for the people, not for bags or other objects". 

If having to deal with a group of inconsiderate people,  and you don't mind being assertive,  you can take a picture of the unused equipment with your cellphone, then ask others around if they use it or know someone using it,  and if negative, you remove or disregard any object and take possession of the equipment.  If they want to complain to their friendly manager, you have the picture and the other members who can testify that no one was using it prior to you.  AND you can in turn make a complaint against them who hog equipment they are not using.  A decent gym should have a policy against that.

15 hours ago, Kimochi said:

When strike three you intend to suck her bf cock and swallow his cum? TELL US THE STORY WHEN THAT HAPPENS ~ :lol:

Actually, the guy is friendly and nice - shared machine and weights a couple of times, and can tell he wants to make conversation but shy.  

Plus, I am such a grump at the gym - do not try to talk to me, do not pass Go, do not collect $200

I don't think I'll do something like that just to hurt the whiny bitch, but if he really feels badly about being mistreated,

I will tell him they are others more deserving of him.

she is THAT horrible in the gym, talking to him in such an ugly tone. I can only imagine how else she belittles him in private "Hallow, your mother neh teach you how to eat pussy is it? so lousy, can faster a not? my dog lick her own CB better than you."

Usually, once you acknowledge those who are in pain and often the type of pain that they just tahan and repress, magical splendid things can happen.
Blowjobs not withstanding, but I have makan some straight guys this way, esp the younger guys.

Anyway, I see him when he is without his gf at gym, can sense maybe he is a bit bicurious. 

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Normal etiquette rules allow you to disregard or remove an item left at an unused piece of equipment for the purpose of "reserving" it.  It can also have been forgotten.

When they come and argue that they "have" the machine you can argue back that they were not using it, and "machines are for the people, not for bags or other objects". 

If having to deal with a group of inconsiderate people,  and you don't mind being assertive,  you can take a picture of the unused equipment with your cellphone, then ask others around if they use it or know someone using it,  and if negative, you remove or disregard any object and take possession of the equipment.  If they want to complain to their friendly manager, you have the picture and the other members who can testify that no one was using it prior to you.  AND you can in turn make a complaint against them who hog equipment they are not using.  A decent gym should have a policy against that.

Generation of fucked up people who ought to learn hard lesson. 

• 2 weeks later...

The most irritating one i had was these 2 friend with 1 of them talking super loud through out as if everyone in the gym should hear their conversation, at the same time dropping of the the dumb bell. Some people are just annoyingly attention seeking like a kid missing Mama and papa's attention. 

Other than the regular peeve, a couple of things came up also

1. Dropping of weights constantly, I understand if they are doing their last rep and overloading. But dropping weights during deadlifts/or any barbell exercise every single time is just damm annoying. I see this a lot in gymboxx and anytime fitness.

2. If they want to use the machine I'm using, they can just ask. A few head case likes to hover around like a ghost with a resting bitch face. I can't read mind so I don't know if they are trying to cruise me or if I owe them money.

On 5/26/2019 at 12:54 AM, kratos said:

2. If they want to use the machine I'm using, they can just ask. A few head case likes to hover around like a ghost with a resting bitch face. I can't read mind so I don't know if they are trying to cruise me or if I owe them money.

Hahaha!

Yes, what is so difficult about coming up, saying Hi and asking how many more sets?  And then waiting patiently for it? Once done, I also don't mind finding & letting them know it's available - no biggie right?

Yesterday, there was a loanshark ghost hovering around while I was doing fast twitch sets. 3 sets each for upper and inner chest - the whole thing is done in lesser than 8 mins, but it was apparently too long for him as he kept giving me sian face. He honestly expected me to invite him to use the machine, I ignored him instead, and his face grew bitchier. Eventually, this happened:

Me: "Do you want to use this?"

Him: "Uhh yaaa?"

Me:  "OK almost done - sorry I was doing rapid sets with 1 min rest, 2 more sets to go"

Him: "Ok 2 more only right - cos seems like (you did) a lot already eh"

WOW, THE NERVE.

If I was petty, I could have just told him I changed my mind, and re-adjusted the whole machine to own time own target do upper, lower, inner, outer chest, plus nipples.

Bring the loanshark ghost to heaven, haha.

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

agreed at all your points.

somehow I really don't understand some of the people mind set. You lift up the weight because you want to train and build yourself. When doing lifting shout like mad. After done, throw the weight on the floor with big noise. End up left the weight there. So lazy to return back the weight. Sometime looking for missing weight like treasure hunt.

Now I used to gym at early morning. So I no need to face so many weird people and enjoy the gym.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.