Male HQ

Gay / Queer Themed Movie / TV Series / Short Film / Music Video MTV / Commercials (Non-Pxxn) (Compiled)

Guest Xiaoxiong

Hi,

For me so far, Asian gay movie I like most is only Happy Together, first because of Tony Leung, my most favourite actor, then about the story. :thumb:

Did u watch the extended version whereby the ending is different.

When i was in Taipei and lost in the tunnel of MRT station - found this DVD (limited edition).

10 year ago - 1997 saw with my ex lover

10 year later - 2007 see the dvd in different mood.

I bought the DVD in 2007 so I don't know if it is already extended version.

So what was changed in your new release ?

I have a habit that sometimes or at least once every year, I watch again all the movies I like (by DVD) then always see it in different ways, feel it in differently ...

For example, Brokeback Mountain, everytime I watch it again, I find it more interesting, have different feeling ...

Bad news, I just watch the Bangkok Love Story, (the rapidshare version, no English Subtitle) :yuk: for me it is really really bad gay movie ... it is even much worse than The Love of Siam ... story really sucks and very very unlogic, many many mistakes, ... lastly bad director, :swear: ... but nice sound track and cinematography :whistle:

===============

Sometimes, the greatest journey is the distance between two people

I don't think Tony Leung committed suicide is good ending for the story between them.

Better not watching that new release :(

If you watch different times and feel the same then it means you are already mature enough and I am still growing up :D

===============

Hi all,

thanks for the information. I am in Bangkok NOW (0303-2009). May I know where I can buy these gay movie dvds? not pxxn.

thanks.

Try shops in MBK, or stalls in night market in Patpxxn.

Can also go to Pantip Plaza, the IT mall in Patunam, lots of DVD shops there.

Hi,

You can buy Bangcock Love Story and The Love of Siam in any DVD Movie shops in MBK or in Paragon Siam.

I just came back and saw many there, it around 240 Bath ... but believe me, it is not worth to buy such movies ... may be only Happy Together ... download my link is better save :whistle:

In MBK, in the 2nd or 3rd floor, there are 2 DVD movie shops next to each other, the small one has many Gay movies (also some pxxno ones). Around 250 Bath.

There is a movie I want to see is "Bishonen", I heard it is nice ... you can buy there as well.

Good lick !!!

===============

Guest Newie
Hi all,

thanks for the information. I am in Bangkok NOW (0303-2009). May I know where I can buy these gay movie dvds? not pxxn.

thanks.

Hi

You can buy gay movies dvds along silom road or you may try MBK level 3 (the small corner shop, near to the elevator).

Cheers

I suggest not to buy DVD in Silom Road, the disk quality is not good ... the one in MBK is better quality ...

===============

Thanks all for immediate response.

I have asked around in MBK/Silom ...they only sell pirated overseas production....no Thai movie. But I did not ask the Sex DVD seller because i am not looking for pxxn. I am looking for gay theme MOVIEs. There are many nice movies releases recently but it is difficult to get it.

I will try the MBK level 3 (small corner shop, near elevator)....but if i am not mistaken, there are many elevators there :o

BUt thanks for the information, wish me good luck!!!

have a good time!

cheers

J

Hi

You can buy gay movies dvds along silom road or you may try MBK level 3 (the small corner shop, near to the elevator).

Cheers

Believe us, there are only 2 DVD shops in MBK on 3rd floor, near elevator the middle one, so easy to find it ... it is small shop not the big one ( I don't think it is in the corner) ... they have so many gay theme movies which you like .... updated ones also ...

Wish you luck ...

===============

Guest Newie
thanks again. not yet try MBK, maybe today!

cannot download this, any help?

http://rapidshare.com/files/123624689/The_...of_Siam.avi.011

have a good time. i am leaving bkk this sunday , heading to saigon!

yes, many elevator in mbk. look for the centre ones. the shop name is look maew, there is wide range of local and foreign titles, which some need to placed order. however you can find bangkok love story in many dvd shop.

cheers.

Try getting these DVD's. Rating of male actors: :thumb: very yummy. Some are real professional baseball players in HK.

永久居留

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zArNn3kwLUQ

無野之城

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLOTaCeff50&feature=related

where to get permanent-residence? seem is a nice romatic movie, like the song by Savage Garden-truely madly deeply, no matter how many times i listen, i will never get tire of it.

Buy the DVD in HK ... and the movie will hit the cinemas in Taiwan soon. Singapore? No way

Guest Movie Lover

Supposed from IS magazine noted there are several g theme movie

But strange cant find nor make booking for "Boy" a pinoy movie

Even checked sistic they mentioned movie not open for booking yet due to MDA rating things

Is that mean later some movie will withdraw as can not get over sensorship?

the singapore international film festival (SIFF) has a strict policy of showing films in its entirety as a form of respect for the filmmaker. so if MDA insists on any cuts, siff will withdraw the film.

quite a number of gay films this year. hope they wont be crap.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Desprate
the singapore international film festival (SIFF) has a strict policy of showing films in its entirety as a form of respect for the filmmaker. so if MDA insists on any cuts, siff will withdraw the film.

quite a number of gay films this year. hope they wont be crap.

Which title are those g theme?

I also checked on "Boy" several times left 2 weeks before the initial day of the show in April but still cant get any ticket of "Boy" nor any info on withdrawal of the movie from the SIFF comittee.

blurb on the GLBT movies in this year's SIFF, from fridae's movie newsletter

BOY

By Auraeus Solito / Philippines / 2009 / TBA / 80 MIN

Cast: Aeious Asin, Aries Pena, Madelaine Nicolas

The Substation, 19 Apr, 11:30am

The Substation, 24 Apr, 7:15pm

(NOTE: as of today, tickets for this film not released for sale yet. Solito also directed the popular The Blossoming of Maximo Oliveros)

JAY

By Francis Xavier Pasion / Philippines / 2008 / M18 / 94 min

Cast: Baron Geisler, Coco Martin, Flor Salanga

The Arts House - Screening Room, 17 Apr, 7:15pm

The Arts House - Screening Room, 24 Apr, 9:15pm

(heard got eye candy. dunno true or not, but i'm sure there will be tonnes of AJs turning up to watch this)

SINGAPORE PANORAMA SHORTS 1

By Various / Singapore / 2009 / TBA / 74 min

TANJONG RHU

Singapore / 2008 / 19 min

Director: Boo Junfeng

Producer: Marjorie Ann Van Der Straaten

Screenplay: Boo Junfeng

Tanjong Rhu is based on the notorious arrests of 12 gay men in a police entrapment exercise back in 1993. Recently selected for the 59th Berlin Film Festival.

The Substation, 18 Apr, 2:00pm

DIM SUM FUNERAL

By Anna Chi / Canada / 2008 / TBA / 95 min

Cast: Russel Wong, Bai Ling, Steph Song, Lisa Lu

National Museum of Singapore, 23 Apr, 7:15pm

(features a lesbian relationship as a subplot)

for more updates, added screenings, withdrawn screenings, etc, check out the film festival's website at www.filmfest.org.sg

Edited by cadlad

• 2 weeks later...

from the SIFF website:

=======================

8th April 2009

The 22nd Singapore International Film Festival (SIFF) regrets that it will be withdrawing the following films from the Festival, as they have been disallowed or passed with edits by the Board of Film Censors, Media Development Authority (MDA) of Singapore.

Film Titles – Disallowed / Passed with Edits:

Boy (Disallowed)

Shahida (Disallowed)

An Extraordinary Study of Human Degradation (R21 with edit to prolonged sexual scenes)

Female Games (R21 with edit to prolonged and explicit lesbian sex)

Melancholia (R21 with edit to explicit sexual and lesbian scenes)

Blind Pig Who Wants to Fly (M18 with edit to prolonged homosexual sex)

The Festival stands by its no-cut screening policy. All the filmmakers of the withdrawn films have been informed. The filmmakers of Boy have decided to withdraw the film from the Asian Feature Film Competition of the Silver Screen Awards. For Blind Pig Who Wants to Fly, the 22nd SIFF will hold a closed-door jury screening for the film, and it will be competing for the Silver Screen Awards.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the most full monty scenes in a single chinese movie, with some quite nice bods but birdwise, mostly tweety birds. :(

Storywise - about a group of baseball players in Hongkong, all holding an assortment of fulltime jobs plus a hunky instructor from Taiwan.

Not much of a story, just some featuring on the various characters, their relationship,their private lives, love lives etc. More like a docu-drama.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for all the links...interesting!

Recently i watched an uncensored version of "City without baseball". There were so many nude full frontal scenes of the main actors and his fellow baseball team......haha....HK production is getting more open to gay liberation. :thumb:

Edited by thaiboyz

• 2 weeks later...

City Without Baseball (无野之城) is a 2008 Hong Kong movie drama directed by South African filmmaker Lawrence Ah Mon about a city where baseball is almost unknown, and plays to empty stadia. The actual members of the Hong Kong National Baseball Team appear in the film as themselves, in a story set in 2004. Their isolated existence leads them to take unconventional choices in both love and friendship, and to summon great courage in the face of their lonely and disconnected existence.

The film attracted considerable attention in the Hong Kong media, as the members of the Hong Kong National Baseball Team, who are all young Chinese men in their early to late twenties, acted to a high standard, and also agreed to appear frontally completely naked (their pubic hair, penises and testicles fully exposed), in several scenes.

This was one of the first instances of Chinese adult males willingly showing their genitals on screen (together with the films Pleasure Factory, Lan Yu, Bugis Steet, Hold You Tight and Summer Palace, and incidental appearances by Chinese actors in The Pillow Book and Cold Showers). The baseball players in this film showed their braveness by exposing their flaccid penises to the world.

citywithoutbaseball.jpg

• 1 month later...

Caught the above mentioned movie in Taiwan.

The nudity and hardbod notwithstanding,

this movie struck a chord that I find disturbing and at the same time,

melancholy.

The ending is a bit abstract and the acting a little jerky at times.

Straight man falling in love with a gay.

Possible?

Man's inhumanity to man will continue as long as man loves God more

than he loves his fellow man.

Guest Nathan_lee
Caught the above mentioned movie in Taiwan.

The nudity and hardbod notwithstanding,

this movie struck a chord that I find disturbing and at the same time,

melancholy.

The ending is a bit abstract and the acting a little jerky at times.

Straight man falling in love with a gay.

Possible?

That show looks promising. Nice looking actors. Where can I get it? BTW, do you call a straight man falling in love with a gay, 'straight'?

That show looks promising. Nice looking actors. Where can I get it? BTW, do you call a straight man falling in love with a gay, 'straight'?

Love transcends physique and all other boundaries.

Just as a gay man can love a woman, but not have sex with her,

so can a straight man fall in love with a gay.

The story is such that the straight guy chooses not to marry his girlfriend and finally commits suicide,

whereas the gay guy remains single for the rest of his life.

I think I have encountered something similar in my life..

Man's inhumanity to man will continue as long as man loves God more

than he loves his fellow man.

Guest Nathan-lee
Love transcends physique and all other boundaries.

Just as a gay man can love a woman, but not have sex with her,

so can a straight man fall in love with a gay.

The story is such that the straight guy chooses not to marry his girlfriend and finally commits suicide,

I think I have encountered something similar in my life..

Oops, sounds like a movie that I rather watch the flesh then enjoy the plot. I cannot call a man 'gay' if he is capable of loving a woman (I rather call him a bi or sexually-confused). By the same logic, can a gay man love a woman and not called gay? So, the straight guy commits sucide because he chooses not to marry his girlfriend? (then my suspicion is he's gay) or because he is unable to share his life with the gay man? (in which case, I'll call him a gay).

Don't take me the wrong way, Rusty. I'm not criticising your recommendations and views.

Guest -asperger-

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! . . . you gave away the ending!!!!!! apply a "SPOILER ALERT" warning if you re gonna do this!!!

the english title is Permanent Residence. Thought Gachi posted a thread on this somewhere?

and yeah, it's courtesy to warn about spoilers if you want to mention the ending or an unexpected plot development <_<

lots of us have not seen this movie yet and we're all eagerly awaiting the release of VCD/DVD/torrents.

• G_M changed the title to Gay Themed Music Video / MTV (compiled)
  • G_M locked, locked, locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M locked, locked and locked this topic
  • G_M unlocked and unlocked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.