Male HQ

Anyone bought their own house in their 30's? Share your story!

Guest Moving out

My partner bought a resale 5 room in his mid 30s. Cost about 320K as the estate was not mature, and the general area is new. One thing he did is that after each promotion, or pay increase, he will re-mortgage the house, to decrease the interest and try ways to clear the payment faster. This is one thing I like about him, very practical and not interested in accumulating debt. We are both of the FIRE movement (google it), so minimising debt and other cash leaks is a major proponent.

As we are living together, my first purchase will ideally be our retirement home - so essentially, the liquidation of the current home,  which is now valued at over half million will pay for that. and the rest will be absorbed back into his CPF, to meet his minimum retirement, or top up mine. 

It is a win-win, as we both want to scale down and move to a simpler setup in our retirement years - easier to clean in old age, and with better infrastructure for elderly in the retirement studios. We have this 5 room with ample spacious living coming into 10 years and will stay here maybe for another 20, so the cure retirement studio or 2 room will be a welcomed change!

To any new homebuyers, i would say buy within your means - these days even a measly 3 room costs 300+K. So keep up a repayment plan that is doable, even with your worst case scenario factored in. By right your should have about a third of whatever the cost of the unit down in cash AT LEAST. if you don't have this, you are not ready to purchase.

Life will not always be rosy and good, so the lat thing you want is to have your roof over your head become a major liability and cause of stress - it's not worth it. If you are earning good money, SAVE SAVE SAVE. There are no get-rich-fast schemes that is without risk, as seen from the Hyflux and soon to be Temasek Holdings case. So cash rich, instead of investment rich, is still more stable and safer.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest hdb loan

The is a max age limit where HDB won't lend you housing loan if you passes certain age?

What is the min income you need to qualify for a HDB loan? 

3 hours ago, tomcat said:

My partner bought a resale 5 room in his mid 30s. Cost about 320K as the estate was not mature, and the general area is new. One thing he did is that after each promotion, or pay increase, he will re-mortgage the house, to decrease the interest and try ways to clear the payment faster. This is one thing I like about him, very practical and not interested in accumulating debt. We are both of the FIRE movement (google it), so minimising debt and other cash leaks is a major proponent.

As we are living together, my first purchase will ideally be our retirement home - so essentially, the liquidation of the current home,  which is now valued at over half million will pay for that. and the rest will be absorbed back into his CPF, to meet his minimum retirement, or top up mine. 

It is a win-win, as we both want to scale down and move to a simpler setup in our retirement years - easier to clean in old age, and with better infrastructure for elderly in the retirement studios. We have this 5 room with ample spacious living coming into 10 years and will stay here maybe for another 20, so the cure retirement studio or 2 room will be a welcomed change!

To any new homebuyers, i would say buy within your means - these days even a measly 3 room costs 300+K. So keep up a repayment plan that is doable, even with your worst case scenario factored in. By right your should have about a third of whatever the cost of the unit down in cash AT LEAST. if you don't have this, you are not ready to purchase.

Life will not always be rosy and good, so the lat thing you want is to have your roof over your head become a major liability and cause of stress - it's not worth it. If you are earning good money, SAVE SAVE SAVE. There are no get-rich-fast schemes that is without risk, as seen from the Hyflux and soon to be Temasek Holdings case. So cash rich, instead of investment rich, is still more stable and safer.

Strongly agreed u need to pay off those legal loan shark as soon as possible...

In actual situation, not much people will have 100k in cash, this dosent mean u r not really to buy a hdb because in this land scared island with people's obsession of buying property, the price will just keep going up.

Yes, buy within your limits that is the key, dosent matter 3 room or a ulu location, get started first...buy and start renting out spare room to help offset your home loan

U should have ideally kept at least a year of your salary in cash in case u lost your job, 6 month for living expenses and 6 month for home loan. So if u earning 3k per month, u should have 36k cash on hand for any unforeseen emergencies.

1 hour ago, lonelyglobe said:

In actual situation, not much people will have 100k in cash, this dosent mean u r not really to buy a hdb because in this land scared island with people's obsession of buying property, the price will just keep going up.

Yes, buy within your limits that is the key, dosent matter 3 room or a ulu location, get started first...buy and start renting out spare room to help offset your home loan

U should have ideally kept at least a year of your salary in cash in case u lost your job, 6 month for living expenses and 6 month for home loan. So if u earning 3k per month, u should have 36k cash on hand for any unforeseen emergencies.

Yes, those buffers are the minimum one should have. Of course, it will higher when one has other financial obligations like car, supporting sibling or parents, 

I would have to disagree on the 100K or one-third rule. Honestly, I have friends who save up and those who don't before making the plunge. Even those who BTO with dual income, but did not really save enough, it puts a strain on the relationship and life over the years. This is worse if you are a single. If you can't muster up 100K on your own without struggling, really, stay away from buying property, because it will be a nightmare for you. After buying the place, renovations, even the most basic can cost up to 30 to 70K.

I have a friend who just wants to move out, but has been very frugal and realistic. She bought the smallest 3 room flat she can find, but she is very happy because she knows the freedom of having her own place with minimal loan outweighs the strain of being in a place she cannot afford. I think deep down, we all know it can go horribly wrong very very fast, just that most people are scared to have those thought lingering in their minds. AKA not realistic - planning for the best case scenario, instead of the worst.

As for renting, the market has also gone belly up. A lot of factors have made it unattractive for homeowners to rent out these days. Due to the practice of "bedstay", renters pay only for the bed they sleep in which has skewed the market. A bedstayer pays $200 to $300, in a room with 3 beds - so they often do the calculation that to just have a private room to themselves, the cost should be their current cost plus a bit more. That's just not how it works. 

That's why you can find ppl asking to rent at low prices like $500 - $800, when the actual rent rate is $ 900 to 1K for a common room. Psychologically, there is also a backlash. Because the renters pay a low rent, they also treat the room/place anyhow, compared to if they rented an expensive place, they will be very careful living there. This is a real thing I have witnessed with foreign colleagues, and in my mind, I am shocked at this, but then again, it makes total sense. People treat cheap things, cheaply.

Then there are desperate or ignorant homeowners who spoil the market by accepting these low-balling renters. So even though we have a spare room, it is empty and we are holding out for the right tenant at the right price. Most of the time, we use the space to house friends or relative who are visiting from overseas. 

It's just not worth it to have a bad renter who causes depreciation but yet whose damage cannot even be covered properly by their rent.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

I definitely do not have 100k in fact not even 36k cash when i got my first hdb but thank god i go ahead, if not i wont be able to buy any now...

There are no such thing as right tenant and right price...u have to screen your tenant and from my 12 years experience, malaysia chinese will always be my first choice. Lower rental does not mean spoilt market, maybe owner got more "liang xin" like renting to student or someone just start working..

Below example explain why better go for lower rental if your location is not in demand.

Owner A rent out at 600 per month and get 7200 in a year.

Owner B decided to rent only at 700 per month and after 3 months seraching, rented out at 700, total rental for the year is 6300.

I would definitely want to be owner A.

Guest Think Thang
10 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

Just to clear the air,  is the HDB first timer BTO grant applicable to resale flat as well ?

Yes. Single get grant whether is resale or new flat, or far or near to parents. One-Time CPF top-up niah.  Not a lot, but at least somethang to thang about.

56 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

I definitely do not have 100k in fact not even 36k cash when i got my first hdb but thank god i go ahead, if not i wont be able to buy any now...

There are no such thing as right tenant and right price...u have to screen your tenant and from my 12 years experience, malaysia chinese will always be my first choice. Lower rental does not mean spoilt market, maybe owner got more "liang xin" like renting to student or someone just start working..

Below example explain why better go for lower rental if your location is not in demand.

Owner A rent out at 600 per month and get 7200 in a year.

Owner B decided to rent only at 700 per month and after 3 months seraching, rented out at 700, total rental for the year is 6300.

I would definitely want to be owner A.

Sorry but it's not really reliable to use yourself as a source to give others green-light to make such a huge financial commitment. As you mentioned, times have changed, and 1 person does not make a credible sample to substantiate an overview that applies to the whole country across varied financial backgrounds.

I would say that you were lucky to scrap by without damage, or that you had to make tough sacrifices along the way - Also depends on your financial repayment/loan plan. 

Over combined 18 years of history as landlord, preferred ex tenants were mostly expats and working professionals. From SG, KL, American, Japanese. As for the 5 room unit I am living in now, the rent range was 900 to 1.3K, as the location is good with prime amenities less than 15 mins away. Just that over the past 2-3 years, the low-ballers crept in and after asking foreign colleagues, I finally know the reality. No need to get heated, just sharing information. 

I think 7200/year is a steep decline for anyone who have been renting out progressively, with a desirable unit. If utilities, expenses, upkeep and maintenance factored in, the profit for 1 year is only approx 5K. Okay lah, if you really really need the passive income, but otherwise renting is no longer as lucrative as before.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

enhancement-to-proximity-housing-grant.j

https://www.hdb.gov.sg/cs/infoweb/residential/buying-a-flat/resale/living-with-near-parents-or-married-child

A friend of mine bought his resale flat and got the maximum grant, due to proximity to his parents. He rents out the whole flat to 3 or 4 tenants, the whole house is upside down, haha. Eventually, when he wants to stay there, he will gut everything out and start fresh, as the wear and tear of the tenants are visible, as expected.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

If can don't rent, don't rent lah.  Stay in your own home and live like a king, afterall, everyone has been staying with their parents for life and still want to continue living with them under the same room meh?  Think of those who are still living with parents and can't wait to get out of there. After getting out, still want to rent and return to mommy meh?

1 minute ago, Guest Meh? said:

If can don't rent, don't rent lah.  Stay in your own home and live like a king, afterall, everyone has been staying with their parents for life and still want to continue living with them under the same room meh?  Think of those who are still living with parents and can't wait to get out of there. After getting out, still want to rent and return to mommy meh?

Depends how you look at it. He actually never intend to get out, and is happy to stay where he is. He just use his $$$ and first time buyer status advantageously to generate more money for himself. I think it makes sound financial sense, as the rent collected basically pays for the monthly mortgage.

I won't say he is a genius, but there are many who looks at the map and just stick to it, and then there are others who explore and rethink the paths to suit their needs. One defining aspect however is the relationship one has with money. Most people have an emotional relationship with it, which makes them make rash decisions out of scarce mentality or even fear/kiasu.

And then there are others who look at their money and assets as opportunity to either benefit from the system or springboard into an unconventional path, that is advantageous to their long term plans. I do have to say that usually only the rich think like this, but honestly, even if you are not rich or born rich, your relationship with money shapes a lot of your future planning and decision-making.

It is an interesting thing to watch actually - I learnt a lot by observing others and how they make or loss their money!

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

39 minutes ago, tomcat said:

Sorry but it's not really reliable to use yourself as a source to give others green-light to make such a huge financial commitment. As you mentioned, times have changed, and 1 person does not make a credible sample to substantiate an overview that applies to the whole country across varied financial backgrounds.

I would say that you were lucky to scrap by without damage, or that you had to make tough sacrifices along the way - Also depends on your financial repayment/loan plan. 

Over combined 18 years of history as landlord, preferred ex tenants were mostly expats and working professionals. From SG, KL, American, Japanese. As for the 5 room unit I am living in now, the rent range was 900 to 1.3K, as the location is good with prime amenities less than 15 mins away. Just that over the past 2-3 years, the low-ballers crept in and after asking foreign colleagues, I finally know the reality. No need to get heated, just sharing information. 

I think 7200/year is a steep decline for anyone who have been renting out progressively, with a desirable unit. If utilities, expenses, upkeep and maintenance factored in, the profit for 1 year is only approx 5K. Okay lah, if you really really need the passive income, but otherwise renting is no longer as lucrative as before.

Sometime we have to tie ourself down with some responsibility in order to save...of course mine case is an individual case but is also not fair to give green lights to others saying they must have 100k in cash before they should consider buying, anyway readers are smart so they should evaluate their own situations and make a smart choice, we are just here to share some knowledge based on our own experience and experiences from others. Knowledge is power.

6 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

but is also not fair to give green lights to others saying they must have 100k in cash before they should consider buying.

hmm, I have to point out that 100K is a figure that you inferred on your own. I am very careful to not disclose any amount, because that is not how financial advice works? The amount will be different depending on what the homebuyer is looking at, and it goes hand-in-hand with my other advice to buy within your means.

Please see below excerpt, and the original post at the top of the thread. Notice, it has not been changed or edited.

8 hours ago, tomcat said:

By right your should have about a third of whatever the cost of the unit down in cash AT LEAST. 

Please re-read and save yourself future embarrassment and unnecessary clarifications. It fills the thread up with useless comments, instead of helpful info...

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

5 hours ago, Guest hdb loan said:

The is a max age limit where HDB won't lend you housing loan if you passes certain age?

What is the min income you need to qualify for a HDB loan? 

Age limit is something interesting, i dont think there is one but i m not sure....i believe there is a limit to the number of times u can get a hdb loan...as for income as long as u have a full time job and not too much other financial committment that should be alright.

Guest Guest
17 hours ago, LeanMature said:

Just to clear the air,  is the HDB first timer BTO grant applicable to resale flat as well ?

Of course not lah! BTO and resale flats are two mutually exclusive types of HDB flats. If it is already out in the market for "resale", how can it possibly be "Built-To-Order" for it to be eligible for BTO grants?  

Guest GetHDB

Work very hard, saved as much as you can, get a 2nd job to supplement your income, buy a HDB within your budget in the next property correction.Thats one sure of getting your very own property .

I bought my first apartment in Bayshore Park when I was in my mid-30s.  It was cheap - $395k for a 2-bedroom apartment of 97sqm.  Took a 60% bank loan and paid up in full within 10 years.

Suck my tits and I'll lick your balls.

Lick my arse and I'll suck your cock.

All in sex is fair.

The only bad thing about sex is that it doesn't last long enough.

Read my blog - www.anasianjourney.blogspot.com

Guest Guest
3 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

I bought my first apartment in Bayshore Park when I was in my mid-30s.  It was cheap - $395k for a 2-bedroom apartment of 97sqm.  Took a 60% bank loan and paid up in full within 10 years.

Please lah...how old are you now? How many years ago when u were mid 30s? 33 years ago $395k is a huge sum of money lah...you trying to imply you rich man is it?

Guest Dryer

No matter how clever u caculate the garment will always be ahead to keep you high and dry. So ya, enjoy while life is short. Don't think too far and too hard.

Guest Couple

Me and my partner are in early 30. Been working for 7 to 9 years. 

We bought 2 room condo. Reno and furniture costed us ard 40k. 

Each month we are paying around 1.2k each to bank, deducted directly from CPF.

We are pretty comfortable at the moment though. 

6 hours ago, kimlo777 said:

Now, it is worth about $1million.  Woww..

Don't read and response to guests' post

Just now, LeanMature said:

imho  a very good investment.  not staying in but renting it out and it provides a steady monthly income.

All in sex is fair.

2 minutes ago, kimlo777 said:

imho  a very good investment.  not staying in but renting it out and it provides a steady monthly income.

The average rental for whole unit there is about $2.5k. Good investment!

Don't read and response to guests' post

Just now, LeanMature said:

The average rental for whole unit there is about $2.5k. Good investment!

yes you are right but i rented my unit for only 2.4k for various reasons -

a) apartment is old and has not been renovated for some years

b) it is on low floor

c) my current tenant has been with me for 6 years and renewed for another 2 years since Oct last year, so did not increase the rental

All in sex is fair.

1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

True , it might with this much today ...but no buyers , would you want to buy a 2nd hand old condo in the first place ? At least HDB flats got upgrading ....old condos are run down and expensive to upgrade 

Edited by Dan 28

Guest Scary

Anyone bought resale and experienced loan shark attacks before? My FT colleague (converted to PR) and another person kanna before when they bought a 5 room resale, I thought the owner must declare before selling the house? Abit afraid to buy resale as have heard of such cases as well as flat being "haunted" yet previous owners will keep quiet.

• 3 weeks later...

I bought my first condo in my mid 20s. I come from a normal family. Father cab driver mum housewife, we stay in hdb. Worked pretty hard and saved very hard. When I was about to buy I really contemplated very long because I had enough for downpayment only. But I decided to go ahead because I don’t want my funds to be locked up in bank doing nothing and I really wanted a property of my own. If I don’t do so, I have to wait till 10 years later before I can buy HDB. Now I’m more motivated to work harder and not slack off. Decision I will not regret :)

Guest guest7
17 minutes ago, NDEE said:

I bought my first condo in my mid 20s. I come from a normal family. Father cab driver mum housewife, we stay in hdb. Worked pretty hard and saved very hard. When I was about to buy I really contemplated very long because I had enough for downpayment only. But I decided to go ahead because I don’t want my funds to be locked up in bank doing nothing and I really wanted a property of my own. If I don’t do so, I have to wait till 10 years later before I can buy HDB. Now I’m more motivated to work harder and not slack off. Decision I will not regret :)

Did you buy a mortgage and property protection insurance in case , before you finish paying the mortage , something untowards were to happen , at least the imsurer will continue to pay the bank loans, and you dont have to feel pressured with monthly mortages, 

The premiums are quite affordable.

Do consider to get mortage protection insurance, since we gays are on our own , with single income only , and usually live reckless lifestyles of sex, sex , sex , gym gym gym , holidays in phuket, krabi, gay cruises, gay parties, gay gangbangs, drugs, poppers, and other risky behavious exposing us to bkackmail, ransom.

Plus , we are expected since we are not married to take care of ageing parents to their graves.

5 minutes ago, Guest guest7 said:

Did you buy a mortgage and property protection insurance in case , before you finish paying the mortage , something untowards were to happen , at least the imsurer will continue to pay the bank loans, and you dont have to feel pressured with monthly mortages, 

The premiums are quite affordable.

Do consider to get mortage protection insurance, since we gays are on our own , with single income only , and usually live reckless lifestyles of sex, sex , sex , gym gym gym , holidays in phuket, krabi, gay cruises, gay parties, gay gangbangs, drugs, poppers, and other risky behavious exposing us to bkackmail, ransom.

Plus , we are expected since we are not married to take care of ageing parents to their graves.

Haha yeah I did. I bought a term insurance together with it 

2 hours ago, NDEE said:

Yes,  as long as you have sufficient downpayment and a stable job, you  should consider to buy and even if you are not staying,  just rent it out and get someone to pay for your house.....a house is a committment,  it helps to provide a goal,  make you more hardworking and at the same time reduce your other unnecessary expenditures like clubbing, drinking, branded goods,  starbucks coffee etc.... 

2 hours ago, Letsrelaxpp said:

Yes,  as long as you have sufficient downpayment and a stable job, you  should consider to buy and even if you are not staying,  just rent it out and get someone to pay for your house.....a house is a committment,  it helps to provide a goal,  make you more hardworking and at the same time reduce your other unnecessary expenditures like clubbing, drinking, branded goods,  starbucks coffee etc.... 

Haha yeah I think it’s priorities. I know if people whom prefer to spend Everyday like a king and not having savings. I cannot Hahahaha 

Guest Housewife
5 hours ago, NDEE said:

How many room is your condo? How much is the downpayment? Do you rent out to help out with the installment? Do you still need to renovate? Any other unexpected cost hidden? How much is ur condo maintenance fees? How much you need to pay for the tax property? Does your work base on commission? Which bank do you make your loan? With so many condos around how do you make the decision that that is the one that I wanted? Do you study fengshui n check the location of your condo like sitting and facing which direction? Do you buy the freehold or the 99 year lease? 

I bought my first condo in early 30s. a small unit which i later sold at nearly double the price. bought my second unit, larger unit, at late 30s and is staying there since. got an investment unit in early 40s to have passive income - the rental is paying for the mortgage. the most important part of owning an asset is, buy something which you can comfortably repay even if interest rate doubled. 

Guest Tiny Hut

I bought a little humble hut and stay there alone, surrounded by nature, away from the hustle and bustle of the city area.  I am my own housewife,  I cook and eat whatever greens I can find and decorate my hut to my own liking, mostly vintage mixed with nature's broken pieces.  

I am happy, no mortgage, no disturbance and no ugly neighbours to worry about.  There is also a river nearby, where I can dip my feet in it on summer day and enjoy the trees covered with trumpet flowers during cooling days.  Oh, I forgot several birds love my place too, mostly honey birds, green parrots, Burong Kuku, sparrows and occassional king fishers.  

I do have a cat, a fat one, very orangey in color with light white stripes on its body and a fluffy thick tail that never fail to brush on my skin whenever he feels like it.   I planted roses on my porch area, especially the pink orange and yellow varieties and I love to curl up under my own furish cushion on windy night, watching my lantern candle flickering under the night dreamily.  There is no rush, no worry about having troublesome tenant,  irritating siblings or whiney parents to disturb your peace .  It is a place that protected my well beings,  kept me safe, give me peace of mind and  a quiet surrounded with calming natural ambience that spark joys.  Life is so so perfect for me to be able to live on my own forever and ever....

I am planning to get a puppy, a white one, the Japanese breed type to add companion to my orangey cat.  Good to have new friend into the family of joy, not some irritating human beings.  Yes...so looking forward  to finding that furry partner.     

2 hours ago, Guest Tiny Hut said:

I bought a little humble hut and stay there alone, surrounded by nature, away from the hustle and bustle of the city area.  I am my own housewife,  I cook and eat whatever greens I can find and decorate my hut to my own liking, mostly vintage mixed with nature's broken pieces.  

I am happy, no mortgage, no disturbance and no ugly neighbours to worry about.  There is also a river nearby, where I can dip my feet in it on summer day and enjoy the trees covered with trumpet flowers during cooling days.  Oh, I forgot several birds love my place too, mostly honey birds, green parrots, Burong Kuku, sparrows and occassional king fishers.  

I do have a cat, a fat one, very orangey in color with light white stripes on its body and a fluffy thick tail that never fail to brush on my skin whenever he feels like it.   I planted roses on my porch area, especially the pink orange and yellow varieties and I love to curl up under my own furish cushion on windy night, watching my lantern candle flickering under the night dreamily.  There is no rush, no worry about having troublesome tenant,  irritating siblings or whiney parents to disturb your peace .  It is a place that protected my well beings,  kept me safe, give me peace of mind and  a quiet surrounded with calming natural ambience that spark joys.  Life is so so perfect for me to be able to live on my own forever and ever....

I am planning to get a puppy, a white one, the Japanese breed type to add companion to my orangey cat.  Good to have new friend into the family of joy, not some irritating human beings.  Yes...so looking forward  to finding that furry partner.     

Wow is this place in singapore? How much did the hut cost? Where is it?

Guest Despair

Mortgage slave for life if you buy a condo without having sufficient cash. Look nice on the outside but suffering inside, why?

Have seen married men who want to look good, got children, bought ec/condo, continental car but a slave to pay for them all. Hair dropping and turning white by mid 30's, why suffer to look good to others?

Guest hmmm
13 minutes ago, Guest Despair said:

Mortgage slave for life if you buy a condo without having sufficient cash. Look nice on the outside but suffering inside, why?

Living in high-class man-made prison at night. Day-time became a working slave.  When will it ever end?

Guest guest
6 hours ago, Guest Tiny Hut said:

In one of our neighbouring countries lah, 

Where can live like an island on Singapore.

The dead giveaway was keeping a Cat, 

You know one particular group likes cat exclusively, right.

Guest Tiny Hut
16 hours ago, NDEE said:

Wow is this place in singapore? How much did the hut cost? Where is it?

12 hours ago, Guest guest said:

In one of our neighbouring countries lah, 

Where can live like an island on Singapore.

The dead giveaway was keeping a Cat, 

You know one particular group likes cat exclusively, right.

It is in Singapore.  You need to find them, they are everywhere, especially houses very near to the river, clean canal or man-made lake surrounded by trees on open parks, with plenty of flowers and birds and open sky unblocked by walls or other buildings. With very few neighbour and  people, the "yard" turn into porch you can use and the garment don't care how you use it and became your own personal non intrusive space you can even place a bench, a candle lantern and sit there in the open, cuddling with your cat and watch dog run about outsde the open field.  The trees is a regular bloomer,  you watched the pinkish white flowers covered them on certain time of the year, no need to go Japan to watch the plum blossom, it is right at your doorstep, between me and river. At night, it is even more quieter, you hear nothing but crickets and watch the stars above.

Guest Guest
23 minutes ago, Guest Tiny Hut said:

It is in Singapore.  You need to find them, they are everywhere, especially houses very near to the river, clean canal or man-made lake surrounded by trees on open parks, with plenty of flowers and birds and open sky unblocked by walls or other buildings. With very few neighbour and  people, the "yard" turn into porch you can use and the garment don't care how you use it and became your own personal non intrusive space you can even place a bench, a candle lantern and sit there in the open, cuddling with your cat and watch dog run about outsde the open field.  The trees is a regular bloomer,  you watched the pinkish white flowers covered them on certain time of the year, no need to go Japan to watch the plum blossom, it is right at your doorstep, between me and river. At night, it is even more quieter, you hear nothing but crickets and watch the stars above.

Cemetry?:wub::doh: 

Guest Whatever
38 minutes ago, Guest Lexus said:

From the post here, I can confirm that not many forummer here can afford real estate.

Unless fully paid, otherwise is not yours whether it is condo, landed property, or whatever.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.