Male HQ

Simnel Cake

• 4 months later...
On 4/15/2019 at 8:42 AM, Bishaner78 said:

Anyone baked this cake before? 

Hi there,

I've just seen your post.

Yeh, I've been baking Simnel Cakes for my family's traditional Easter Lunch gathering.

Are you into baking as well?

Cheers, Mike

On 8/31/2019 at 3:35 AM, mike_amk said:

Hi there,

I've just seen your post.

Yeh, I've been baking Simnel Cakes for my family's traditional Easter Lunch gathering.

Are you into baking as well?

Cheers, Mike

Whoa.. That's cool... 

It's very rare to find this cake here. Did that but somehow it didn't turn up well.. Haha... 

Yes, i did some easy baking for hobby. Maybe i should learn under you. Your posts are always great and awesome! 

On 9/2/2019 at 8:54 AM, Bishaner78 said:

Whoa.. That's cool... 

It's very rare to find this cake here. Did that but somehow it didn't turn up well.. Haha... 

Yes, i did some easy baking for hobby. Maybe i should learn under you. Your posts are always great and awesome! 

Hey bro,

well, it is actually a much lighter version of the rich-fruit cake served at Christmas, as the marzipan layers make it

rich in that way also with the 11 marzipan balls on top.

The star of the Easter Simnel Cake is the Marzipan, that's why the cake shouldn't overpower the marzipan.

I tend to use the richest possible marzipan... darker yellow, rather than the pale types, then place the cake

under a very hot grill to brown it as quickly as possible.

If you don't want to bake the fruit cake, just buy one, I find the ones at M&S nice too.

Actually, I've already begun my Christmas and New Year Fruit-cake preparations... will start baking

by the third week of Sept.

Cheers, Mike :)  

On 9/2/2019 at 2:39 PM, Kimochi said:

First time hear this word, Google it and realized it is actually fruit cake! ~

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simnel_cake

Hey bro,

just as we have Christmas Cakes(rich-fruit cakes), well this Simnel Cake is a traditional Easter Cake(light-fruit cake with marzipan layers and grilled!).

It is still mostly a family tradition cake, not commercially available as far as I've seen here.

If you're into baking, do give it a try... it tastes amazing!!

7 hours ago, mike_amk said:

Hey bro,

well, it is actually a much lighter version of the rich-fruit cake served at Christmas, as the marzipan layers make it

rich in that way also with the 11 marzipan balls on top.

The star of the Easter Simnel Cake is the Marzipan, that's why the cake shouldn't overpower the marzipan.

I tend to use the richest possible marzipan... darker yellow, rather than the pale types, then place the cake

under a very hot grill to brown it as quickly as possible.

If you don't want to bake the fruit cake, just buy one, I find the ones at M&S nice too.

Actually, I've already begun my Christmas and New Year Fruit-cake preparations... will start baking

by the third week of Sept.

Thanks for the tips, Mike! 

Appreciate it! 

Maybe if you don't mind, i can drop by and help you... Haha... Which i think will be more to me seeing you do the stuffs.. 

9 hours ago, mike_amk said:

Hey bro,

just as we have Christmas Cakes(rich-fruit cakes), well this Simnel Cake is a traditional Easter Cake(light-fruit cake with marzipan layers and grilled!).

It is still mostly a family tradition cake, not commercially available as far as I've seen here.

If you're into baking, do give it a try... it tastes amazing!!

I not into baking, but looking at your description (tastes amazing ) I WANT TO TRY BECAUSE I HAVEN'T EATEN IN MY LIFE YET ~ 🤗

1 hour ago, Bishaner78 said:

Thanks for the tips, Mike! 

Appreciate it! 

Maybe if you don't mind, i can drop by and help you... Haha... Which i think will be more to me seeing you do the stuffs.. 

You want learn isit ~ why so sneaky you ... 🙄

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

Kimochi
U need to watch your diet to maintain your body
U been eating mcakes , high cho

Haha I'm so touched you care for me and wanted to see my sexy sexy body more isit ~ 😝

3 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

I just wish u to maintain will do.....

‘cos i feel as we aged, very hard  and i m the body type that smell cakes(be it mcake or whatever) , just by smelling, i m fattened easily (ref to those 3 body types that all of u gym rats should knw, i m not into gym)

if this carry on, u can no longer release your impressive photos on certain threads.

Anyway, i m ok w unicorn cakes this and that, fusion mooncakes etc but just like with some restaurants, take pandan flavour or coloured food.

we all insisted of using real pandan leaves, dragonfruit to create the colour and flavour, not using green and fushia pink respective colouring/essence to create those colours:

all insisted on healthier choice.

Haha thanks for being so concerned ~ (touched much ) 😊😚

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.