Male HQ

First Solo Trip

Magenta_Lilies

Just did something totally uncharacteristic. Booked a trip to Rome in December. Secured an Airbnb as well. Kinda excited, yet thoroughly nervous. 8 months ahead of me to plan my itinerary and learn some basic Italian. With my crippling procrastination, I will only get started on those probably a month prior to the trip. Heh.

Anyone else been on a solo trip to somewhere you've never been to before? Or had travelled alone to Rome? Would appreciate some sharing of experiences/tips! 

Dont need to pm la...just share share here...

Winter is actually not the best time to travel unless u r going for snow and skiing.

is troublesome to backpack with all the winter wear etc...furthermore, be prepared for train and domestic flight delay or cancellation due to severe weather conditions.

Dont think is a good idea to book your airbnb so far in advance as there can be lots of changes along the way, dec is a down period for travel except during xmas period.

eurail pass is a must if u r going around by train, italy and spain are infamous for pickpockets.

read up, plan your route, be prepared for the unplanned and enjoy your trip.

Agree w lonelyglobe, bw shd b a forum for expressn- dont hve to pm

we all need to learn from ea other experiences, 

Generally for a trip of a week or 2, u need 3 or 5mth of intensive planning (intensive means u throw everything dwn)

see:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/jpntravel/permalink/10158456457923625?sfns=mo

Evn to expect the unexpected, still planning is critical

• 1 year later...

Well, I think you have planned everything pretty well. Everything depends on you. Don't forget about extra expenses, because you never know what it might happen. I did a few solo trips, and I really enjoyed them. 2 years ago I went to New Zealand for a month. Even though the airport was quite far from the hotel, the road to it was extremely magic. I have never thought that there are such beautiful places on earth. I hope that I've already intrigued you. Check out this page https://www.travelsafe-abroad.com/new-zealand/ for more information about insurance and other useful information.

Edited by Avanice

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.