Male HQ

What’s your view about people who smoke cigarettes indoors?

Guest Queenbitch

It is the same view of people who smoke outdoors.

They are people who can be pitied for having acquired a dumb habit that is totally negative and offers a "high" that is good for nothing. 

It is like working directly against one's health.  Smoking costs money, and it even has a mild risk of fire.

As an ex-smoker, I know that this addiction can be fully eliminated without any loss.

But not all is lost.  Smokers should as soon as possible dedicate serious effort to quitting,

and not get discouraged by relapses that invariably happen. :thumb:

Is totally different, those smoking outdoor they are just exercising their rights to smoke but those do it indoor is really fucking inconsiderate idiots, but i dont think u can do so in sg but recently in ksl, there is one idiot i think is the push-cart sales person smoking right beside his cart.

Guest Try and see
On 4/26/2019 at 12:51 AM, Guest Queenbitch said:

What’s your view about people who smoke cigarettes indoors?

Pretty inconsiderate and self-centred, especially when there might be infants, small children or the infirm around.

Also, I cannot stand people who, in a group setting, just light up without asking the people around them if it is okay. It's basic courtesy.

Lastly, no matter how cute or hot a guy is, the moment I see him smoking, I get turned off.

Guest smoke some more

i know there are inconsiderate old relatives just smoke on table when eating outside. and theres younger cousins sharing same table too. like get the hell out.

Guest Non Smoker

Not to mention how bad they stink after smoking (3rd hand smoke), esp in eating establishments and enclosed spaces like lifts, buses or cars etc.

13 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

Pretty inconsiderate and self-centred, especially when there might be infants, small children or the infirm around.

Also, I cannot stand people who, in a group setting, just light up without asking the people around them if it is okay. It's basic courtesy.

Lastly, no matter how cute or hot a guy is, the moment I see him smoking, I get turned off.

Yes, particularly if they think if they are in the majority. Seems like they think smoking is like totally acceptable to all and that everyone is happy to smoke their second hand smoke.

Guest IndonHasTheworse

Wait till you had stayed in hotels in small Indonesian cities, you'll see usually high ranking government officials and it's families smoking inside - I heard some hotels are owned by high ranking government officials invested their corrupted money in hotels and properties. You could smell the famous Indonesian clove cigarettes filled the entire hotel's lobby. If you complain to hotel's staff also no use as staff are just too scared to tell them not to smoke.

Guest Guest

Indoor smoking must be totally banned. I do not understand how can our government still allow smoking indoors! It is harmfull to non smokers! Really incompetent or lack of guts to implement such change! We need a strong visionary leader with heart for singaporeans! Thank goodness for men like Tean Lin and Tan Cheng Bok who have guts to implement what is good for us!

On 4/28/2019 at 6:18 AM, Guest Try and see said:

Try to understand...   50, 60 years ago it was perfectly civil to smoke under any circumstances,  people were not aware of the health hazard.

My very uncle gave me the first cigarette to smoke when I was a teenager,  telling me that smoking is a "man thing".  And he suffered the consequences of his addiction, he lost his vocal cords to cancer of the throat. 

9 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Indoor smoking must be totally banned. I do not understand how can our government still allow smoking indoors! It is harmfull to non smokers! Really incompetent or lack of guts to implement such change! 

This is the way to go.   And even if it is not a formal law,  individual places should be free to implement non-smoking policies,  and they should be chastised if they don't do it.

• 10 months later...
Guest Guest
On 4/29/2019 at 10:51 PM, Steve5380 said:

Try to understand...   50, 60 years ago it was perfectly civil to smoke under any circumstances,  people were not aware of the health hazard.

My very uncle gave me the first cigarette to smoke when I was a teenager,  telling me that smoking is a "man thing".  And he suffered the consequences of his addiction, he lost his vocal cords to cancer of the throat. 

This is the way to go.   And even if it is not a formal law,  individual places should be free to implement non-smoking policies,  and they should be chastised if they don't do it.

So are you still taking cigars?

Guest Sacrifice for greater Good

My ex-boss used to smoke in the office and endanger the life of all the workers, including a pregnant lady. Nobody dare to utter a word.  I quitted and whistleblow to NEA. Nobody knows what happen thereafter and I DON'T FUCKING CARE!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.