Male HQ

A & W fast food is it worth waiting for 2 Hrs

Guest Guest

• G_M changed the title to A & W fast food is it worth waiting for 2 Hrs
9 minutes ago, lonely57 said:

why join the hype. wait till it dies down. its not going anywhere anymore. 

now imagine if mcdonalds disappeared from the world..

McDonald’s got halal restaurants all over the world , how to disappear ...then Muslim eat what ? 

Guest Pls respect
7 minutes ago, Dan 28 said:

McDonald’s got halal restaurants all over the world , how to disappear ...then Muslim eat what ? 

Thats xenophomic. Islamaphobia! Please dont attack my religion

23 minutes ago, Guest Pls respect said:

I am quoting an example ...just like if no vegetarian restaurants, how would the vegans eat out ....not an intend to be offensive ...why are the world getting so sensitive on all remarks these days ? Must everything linked to race or religion for remarks ? If so , all things on earth are linked to religion ...like it or not 

Edited by Dan 28

31 minutes ago, Dan 28 said:

err.. kfc? pizza hut? HALAL SUBWAY?? 

or just what the prophet eats.. dates...

Guest homemade
8 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Maybe you could spend 5 minutes preparing a sandwich at home to take to work, and once there drink water? 

Homemade and cooked food and plain water are the best. 

The youngster may be queueing for the food as they have not got a chance to try before....the older generations are queueing for memory after like disappearing for 20 over years....a&w would be a place where they had celebrated their birthday,  first time dating a girl, army buddy weekend book-out hanging out place,  or a place where they study for their 'O' level,  university etc.... 

Guest Guest

Warning the root beer is no longer original and the fried chicken is over cooked .Manager say they have done survey. local want healthydrink so no sugar  added.g

Guest Try and see

I used to eat A & W as a kid and young adult (in S'pore). I do miss it but I wouldn't say it was fantastic.

As others have said, wait for more outlets to open then you don't need to queue for so long.

In the meantime, if you want something like a coney dog, you can try the Chilli Dog at Mos Burger. Probably costs a bit more but quite satisfying, nonetheless.

Guest Guest

Do not be fooled by the marketing hype around Jewel. Its a costly investment made by the government which cost over $1400million. These moneies need to be recouped so they hyped it up so much that we the poor singaporeans had to queue for hours just to eat! I am so shocked to had read this that I am shaken to my bare bones! What is becomming of our nation? What is becomming of singaporeans? Now we have to queue for hours to eat basic food lik3 A&W! This made me so malu that I dare not travel out of singapore as the immigration officers will snigger and gossip about singapore when I hand over my passport. We are now the international laughing stock! The world must take note of the suffering we are enduring!

On 4/27/2019 at 5:08 PM, Dan 28 said:

They eat Burger King! LOL

On 4/27/2019 at 5:16 PM, Guest Pls respect said:

Actually, you should have thanked him, because he respected your diet requirements. (And did not complain about the restrictions).

In fact, many of my Malay friends always said they "survived" with going to Fast Food in Europe...

Guest memories

The only thing I remember about A&W was that in Melakka it used to be the main cruising point for PLU 15 (?) years back as it had those trees around and the place was dark and suitable for connections....... LOL

Everyone went there for getting some sort of lusty hunger satisfied. LOL

Now, the area is all a big shopping mall.

A&W can open 100 outlets in Singapore, I wouldn't bother to go. Popeyes has been around 8 years or so and I didn't even bother to go to any outlet so far and passing by mostly see those oversized people sitting around....

Do you think I travel to Jewel from West just to eat at A&W???

I think you know the response...

13 hours ago, Guest sggay said:

it's so silly right?

they left SG previously cos of bad business.

now there is so much hype over it. i wonder how long will it last?

Ha... Is all about marketing and those 2 that interview in the cna seems to be able to talk cock a lot.... Queueing have became a national hobby in sg,  afterall is still some unhealthy junk food from america. 

15 minutes ago, Letsrelaxpp said:

Ha... Is all about marketing and those 2 that interview in the cna seems to be able to talk cock a lot.... Queueing have became a national hobby in sg,  afterall is still some unhealthy junk food from america. 

Yeah, that with the queue is true. But Singaporean people here even queue at this hyped overpriced Koi Cafe and Tiger Sugar. You still see many queuing up...  Still today they are queuing.

One time I passed by a neighborhood shop and there was a huge queue. Out of curiosity I asked, while passing by the people queuing up and the shop sold some normal prawn crackers for 3 packets for 3 dollars... (I hope they checked the expiry date)...

I am sure that A&W fast food is worth waiting for 2 hours and even more.

This is the case if A&W opens middle in Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria. 

But... in Singapore?

Don't you have in your country places where you can buy decent food?  :o

Edited by Steve5380

Guest aficionado
6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I am sure that A&W fast food is worth waiting for 2 hours and even more.

This is the case if A&W opens middle in Sudan, Somalia, Nigeria. 

But... in Singapore?

Don't you have in your country places where you can buy decent food?  :o

Discussing with an American on the topic of "decent" food is difficult. ha ha

Guest disclosed yourself
13 hours ago, Guest memories said:

The only thing I remember about A&W was that in Melakka it used to be the main cruising point for PLU 15 (?) years back as it had those trees around and the place was dark and suitable for connections....... LOL

Everyone went there for getting some sort of lusty hunger satisfied. LOL

Now, the area is all a big shopping mall.

A&W can open 100 outlets in Singapore, I wouldn't bother to go. Popeyes has been around 8 years or so and I didn't even bother to go to any outlet so far and passing by mostly see those oversized people sitting around....

Do you think I travel to Jewel from West just to eat at A&W???

I think you know the response...

Guest aficionado
31 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

The only difficulty is in discussing "decent" food with the cannibals in Fuji.

Wow, that reminds me of that American movie "Wag the Dog", where the actor who was playing the (American) President Bush asked his PR Guy (Dustin Hoffman):

"Where the f... is Albania?"

Fuji is the name of the Mountain in Japan.

Fiji is an South Pacific Island.

But the most recent case of of cannibalism was on the Andaman Islands, but the part belonging to India.

Some tribes in Papua New Guinea seem to have cannibals.

1 hour ago, Guest aficionado said:

Wow, that reminds me of that American movie "Wag the Dog", where the actor who was playing the (American) President Bush asked his PR Guy (Dustin Hoffman):

"Where the f... is Albania?"

Fuji is the name of the Mountain in Japan.

Fiji is an South Pacific Island.

But the most recent case of of cannibalism was on the Andaman Islands, but the part belonging to India.

Some tribes in Papua New Guinea seem to have cannibals.

At least these people don't need to worry about contracting mad-cow disease from the meat they eat !

Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator
15 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

Maybe orchard road can get wendy's to come in and see how long the queue can stretch till.

Orchard Road had a Wendy's before. It was just past Wheelock Place and across the street from Orchard Towers. Closed at the end of 2015 if I remember correctly.

• 1 year later...
Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator
5 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I would rather buy to store that have short queue only. Life is short.

Did you really revive a thread which had died 10 months ago just to type that?

2 hours waiting time?

LOL!  After typing this I'm going to prepare my dinner, which takes less than 10 minutes.   It is all good nutrition, nothing like "fast food". But then, I cannot call it "slow food". 

In 2 hours waiting time,  I have my fast prepared dinner nicely digested!

4 minutes ago, Guest Loquacious Larry Laminator said:

Did you really revive a thread which had died 10 months ago just to type that?

One cannot wait 10 months to revive you.  But a forum thread?  It should not have an expiration date.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.