Male HQ

Madonna: I'm being punished for turning 60

Madonna: I'm being punished for turning 60

Madonna

Image:Madonna says she is 'fighting ageism'

The star says it is part of a pattern she has suffered during her career, with people questioning her looks, singing and talent.

Saturday 4 May 2019 23:54, UK

Madonna says she is being "punished for turning 60" - and that it is part of a pattern of vilification she has faced throughout her career.

The singer, who releases her 14th album - Madame X - next month, said: "People have always been trying to silence me for one reason or another.

"Whether it's that I'm not pretty enough, I don't sing well enough, I'm not talented enough, I'm not married enough."

Now, she adds, it is "that I'm not young enough".

"I'm fighting ageism - now I'm being punished for turning 60," she told British Vogue magazine.

Madonna has enjoyed incredible career longevity - it is 35 years since Like A Virgin topped US charts and reached number three in the UK

Despite this, she says it can be lonely because there are "no living role models for me".

"Nobody does what I do," she said. "And that's kind of scary."

Expanding on the issue, she added: "I can look back at women who I think were great and amazing - freedom fighters, like Simone de Beauvoir or Angela Davis - but they didn't have kids.

"Being a single parent of six children, I continue to be creative and be an artist and be politically active, to have a voice, to do all the things that I do. So I mean, there isn't anybody in my position."

Madonna described her daughter Lourdes as "insanely talented".

"I'm green with envy because she's incredible at everything she does - she's an incredible dancer, she's a great actress, she plays the piano beautifully, she's way better than me in the talent department."

But Madonna said the 22-year-old "doesn't have the same drive" as her, adding: "I feel social media plagues her and makes her feel like, 'People are going to give me things because I'm her daughter.'"

In the interview, Madonna said she has not let her son David have a phone at the age of 13, like she did with his older siblings.

"I made a mistake when I gave my older children phones when they were 13," she said.

"It ended my relationship with them, really. Not completely, but it became a very, very big part of their lives. They became too inundated with imagery and started to compare themselves to other people, and that's really bad for self-growth."

Edited by GachiMuchi

Guest Wrong!

Despite this, she says it can be lonely because there are "no living role models for me".

Wrong! There is Tina Turner as living role model. 

If she's doing the right thing, she doesn't need to care or worry what others say or think.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Dick

She's quite free leh. Always posting siao char bo poses on her fb, like hourly. Most of the pics are close up shots that make her look like very fugly and ah soh, no wonder ppl say she looks old.

At 60 and a multi-millionaire with enough money to buy respect and live a ultra glamorous life a few life times over, and she dare to play the narcissistic victim card. Trying for the last few years to virtue signaling to stay "relevant" in the pop music diva world. This bitch only has herself to blame. Boo-fucking-hoo She is part of that silly #metoo shot storm and trying to ride that to stay famous.  I was her fan but her time is up. A bitch with a first-world-problem and tons of money to burn in retirement, and she wants to complain. Typical over privileged white women with too much time on their hands. Instead of being a positive role model, she want use her waning fame to stroke political controversy not to help but to bolster her own waning career. Grow old gracefully. If she really feels so stronger about her causes, she has more than ENOUGH finance to help and pull strings to directly help females instead of whining, drama, encourage others to kill the President and speak on fake oppression. If bitches be so oppress that it needs public gathering to showcase it and make ridiculous speeches (that is backfiring), if it was so nationally bad, how did she and all other Divas managed to make millions if not billions like Beyonce it actually exist? But yet you don't heard of them using their wealth to help their own females, left alone human kind. But they will chastise and condemn rich males for not use their wealth to help their females or human kind. Like most self entitled females with a weaponised vagina ....DOUBLE STANDARDS.

Go make me a sandwich Madonna!

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

2 hours ago, fab said:

If she's doing the right thing, she doesn't need to care or worry what others say or think.

And she seems to do the right thing for herself.  It must be difficult to find that she is hurting someone in some ways.

She is a role model for fitness.  Years ago she inspired me to work up to 1000 crunches in one set.  Here is some comment on her abs:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/healthandlife/as-madonna-turns-60-heres-how-to-get-her-washboard-abs-862515.html

1 hour ago, upshot said:

At 60 and a multi-millionaire with enough money to buy respect and live a ultra glamorous life a few life times over, and she dare to play the narcissistic victim card. Trying for the last few years to virtue signaling to stay "relevant" in the pop music diva world. This bitch only has herself to blame. Boo-fucking-hoo She is part of that silly #metoo shot storm and trying to ride that to stay famous.  I was her fan but her time is up. A bitch with a first-world-problem and tons of money to burn in retirement, and she wants to complain. Typical over privileged white women with too much time on their hands. Instead of being a positive role model, she want use her waning fame to stroke political controversy not to help but to bolster her own waning career. Grow old gracefully. If she really feels so stronger about her causes, she has more than ENOUGH finance to help and pull strings to directly help females instead of whining, drama, encourage others to kill the President and speak on fake oppression. If bitches be so oppress that it needs public gathering to showcase it and make ridiculous speeches (that is backfiring), if it was so nationally bad, how did she and all other Divas managed to make millions if not billions like Beyonce it actually exist? But yet you don't heard of them using their wealth to help their own females, left alone human kind. But they will chastise and condemn rich males for not use their wealth to help their females or human kind. Like more self entitled females....DOUBLE STANDARDS.

Go make me a sandwich Madonna!

LOL!  What is your definition of "grow old gracefully"?  A grave old grandma shuffling her feet in long black dress going to church every day??  At 60 she is graceful, prettier than most women half her age!   And like we hopefully are not denouncing and bashing a "gay agenda", why should she be against the #metoo movement?  

After reading your criticisms I went to find out more about Madonna.  Do you know that she has six children,  FOUR of them are ADOPTED Black kids from Malawi ?  Who does this ??   If she did some of this for propaganda, to aggrandize her,  she succeeded with me.  I am impressed! This should put to rest any bashing for her being wealthy.  Compare her with what Donald Trump does with his alleged billions!

No Madge, you are not punished because of your age but because if your mediocrity. The two songs released thus far, Medellín and I rise, aren’t catchy and melodious enough. The lyrics are also “ heard that before” yawn-inducing sleepfest. 

Cher is over 60 and I still dance to her music. Madonna needs to search within herself creatively and come up with new songs that simply cannot get out of our heads. Now cha cha cha away, biyatch. 

7 hours ago, superflawless said:

No Madge, you are not punished because of your age but because if your mediocrity. The two songs released thus far, Medellín and I rise, aren’t catchy and melodious enough. The lyrics are also “ heard that before” yawn-inducing sleepfest. 

Cher is over 60 and I still dance to her music. Madonna needs to search within herself creatively and come up with new songs that simply cannot get out of our heads. Now cha cha cha away, biyatch. 

Cher can hardly move her mouth with those tons of plastic on her 

Edited by Dan 28

Guest Guest
14 hours ago, superflawless said:

On 5/5/2019 at 8:14 PM, Steve5380 said:

And she seems to do the right thing for herself.  It must be difficult to find that she is hurting someone in some ways.

She is a role model for fitness.  Years ago she inspired me to work up to 1000 crunches in one set.  Here is some comment on her abs:

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/lifestyle/healthandlife/as-madonna-turns-60-heres-how-to-get-her-washboard-abs-862515.html

LOL!  What is your definition of "grow old gracefully"?  A grave old grandma shuffling her feet in long black dress going to church every day??  At 60 she is graceful, prettier than most women half her age!   And like we hopefully are not denouncing and bashing a "gay agenda", why should she be against the #metoo movement?  

After reading your criticisms I went to find out more about Madonna.  Do you know that she has six children,  FOUR of them are ADOPTED Black kids from Malawi ?  Who does this ??   If she did some of this for propaganda, to aggrandize her,  she succeeded with me.  I am impressed! This should put to rest any bashing for her being wealthy.  Compare her with what Donald Trump does with his alleged billions!

Yes she is filthy rich. These people should read up on her life story. Going to NYC with $200...waiting on tables, working im dunkin donuts..was a straighy A student, studied modern dance, worked tireless on her craft. Had pure determination, worked very hard for years before she became famous, worked very hard until she now, her work ethic when recording and performances is stuff of legends. She never backed down, not even when the Pope is against her. Barely drink, did not smoke, take drugs..spoke out for gays when we were like a death pleague, support for Aids victims when aids was a 4 letter dirty word. Brought gays to mainstream america, fought for your rights and opened the path for acceptance. Educated her children well, not making them spoilt...except for rocco's dad..so this lady can do whatever fuck she wants. I dare say she single handedly changed gay rights to what it is today for somepeople to bitch abt her.

9 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Yes she is filthy rich. These people should read up on her life story. Going to NYC with $200...waiting on tables, working im dunkin donuts..was a straighy A student, studied modern dance, worked tireless on her craft. Had pure determination, worked very hard for years before she became famous, worked very hard until she now, her work ethic when recording and performances is stuff of legends. She never backed down, not even when the Pope is against her. Barely drink, did not smoke, take drugs..spoke out for gays when we were like a death pleague, support for Aids victims when aids was a 4 letter dirty word. Brought gays to mainstream america, fought for your rights and opened the path for acceptance. Educated her children well, not making them spoilt...except for rocco's dad..so this lady can do whatever fuck she wants. I dare say she single handedly changed gay rights to what it is today for somepeople to bitch abt her.

Thank you for filling in on many details I didn't know about her.  I like the fact that she is rich, so she can laugh at all the criticism that is thrown at her.

When comparing her life with that of a nun who chooses to be "Christ's wife" and sits around praying, or with that of a sanctimonious wife of a wealthy man who only lives for herself,  one realizes that morality is relative.

Guest megatronic
2 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Thank you for filling in on many details I didn't know about her.  I like the fact that she is rich, so she can laugh at all the criticism that is thrown at her.

When comparing her life with that of a nun who chooses to be "Christ's wife" and sits around praying, or with that of a sanctimonious wife of a wealthy man who only lives for herself,  one realizes that morality is relative.

Image result for madonna plastic surgery pics

Well, we all can see a progression from Hot MILF , to err   the last one, hehehe from the movie SAW.

12 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I just read that Madonna has been honored for her support of LGBTs:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/04/entertainment/madonna-glaad-media-awards-trnd/index.html

We gays should be the last ones to bash her!

That's because most commenting are either too young to understand her influence back in her hey-day, and also even for myself, i find myself growing tired of her, cos while she is reinventing herself, there is not much real evolution. just a change of the outer packaging. also it's nothing to do with ageism, but somehow at 60, i would like to think that you are ready to let others have the spotlight gracefully, instead of opening her legs and continuing to shove her tits and ass, desperately trying to cling on to fame and adoration.

yeah, i think that's the thing lacking in Madonna. Grace and Humility. She has a bitter jealousy of Lady Gaga because they are so similar, in appearance and even in their rise to fame, but Lady Gaga just has a different spirit to her - more loving and inclusive. This is the reflection of the times, nobody wants a fighter anymore fighting for the sake of vanity and ego. We want people who use their love and talent to change the status quo.

She must be fuming when Gaga won an OSCAR and other awards for her acting. Madonna is critically panned as an actress, and director. 

I've seen her bitter comments or jibes at Gaga, and they are so needless, that every time she does it - I lose a little bit more respect for Madonna. She is just majorly insecure, unlike other artists of her generation, like Cher or even Cindy Lauper. C'mon Madonna, you are the queen of Pop, why stoop so low to spit on new blood? 

Not worthy, and time for her to get cancelled. Keep in mind, I'm not even that much of a Lady Gaga fan, it's just obvious this Madonna is not aging well, mentally and physically.

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

9 minutes ago, tomcat said:

That's because most commenting are either too young to understand her influence back in her hey-day, and also even for myself, i find myself growing tired of her, cos while she is reinventing herself, there is not much real evolution. just a change of the outer packaging. also it's nothing to do with ageism, but somehow at 60, i would like to think that you are ready to let others have the spotlight gracefully, instead of opening her legs and continuing to shove her tits and ass.

yeah, i think that the thing lacking in Madonna. Grace and Humility. She has a bitter rivalry with Lady Gaga because they are so similar, in appearance and even in their rise to fame, but Lady Gaga just has a different spirit to her - more loving and inclusive. This is the reflection of the times, nobody wants a fighter anymore fighting for the sake of vanity and ego. We want people who use their love and talent to change the status quo.

LOL, LOL...

I have not got tired of Madonna because I never watch her.

But if she keeps the spotlight by opening her legs, shoving her tits and ass...  good for her!

It is up to the public to let her keep the spotlight or not.  Individual freedom (!!)

Don't WE like boys having the spotlight opening their legs, shoving their bulges and bubble butts?

The bitter rivalry between Lady Gaga and Madonna seems to be an act of show business.  They are rivals but not enemies.  Read for example:

https://www.oprahmag.com/entertainment/a27373338/madonna-lady-gaga-feud-enemies-interview/

and a very artificial nonsensical rumor

https://www.nickiswift.com/28739/real-reasons-lady-gaga-madonna-cant-stand/

"We want people who use their love and talent to change the status quo"...  agree, but what the world got to change the status quo is... Donald Trump! :o

1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

LOL, LOL...

I have not got tired of Madonna because I never watch her.

But if she keeps the spotlight by opening her legs, shoving her tits and ass...  good for her!

It is up to the public to let her keep the spotlight or not.  Individual freedom (!!)

Don't WE like boys having the spotlight opening their legs, shoving their bulges and bubble butts?

The bitter rivalry between Lady Gaga and Madonna seems to be an act of show business.  They are rivals but not enemies.  Read for example:

https://www.oprahmag.com/entertainment/a27373338/madonna-lady-gaga-feud-enemies-interview/

and a very artificial nonsensical rumor

https://www.nickiswift.com/28739/real-reasons-lady-gaga-madonna-cant-stand/

"We want people who use their love and talent to change the status quo"...  agree, but what the world got to change the status quo is... Donald Trump! :o

wel,l she tries to keep the spotlight. key operative word here being "try". and has been since mid 2000s.

and as for boys, i think there is a cut-off age to that as well until it becomes unpalatable - is that ageism or just conducting one-self with dignity. especially for men, there is a greater emphasis on respect that comes together with age. i don't it will be easy being respected when a 60 or 70 year old is still behaving like a 20 year old. 

as for their rivalry, it's what we call today, being frenemies. very common these days, but from the looks of it,  lady gaga is less occupied with what madonna is doing. wish I could say the same about the latter! haha.

as for Donald, im glad to say that there are more important in the world than him, just as it was with Bush and Bin Laden, and the other clowns before and after them. Doesn't affect things too much here, thank god. so for me, the status quo is more about the people rather than 1 trump. 

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Guest
10 hours ago, tomcat said:

wel,l she tries to keep the spotlight. key operative word here being "try". and has been since mid 2000s.

and as for boys, i think there is a cut-off age to that as well until it becomes unpalatable - is that ageism or just conducting one-self with dignity. especially for men, there is a greater emphasis on respect that comes together with age. i don't it will be easy being respected when a 60 or 70 year old is still behaving like a 20 year old. 

as for their rivalry, it's what we call today, being frenemies. very common these days, but from the looks of it,  lady gaga is less occupied with what madonna is doing. wish I could say the same about the latter! haha.

as for Donald, im glad to say that there are more important in the world than him, just as it was with Bush and Bin Laden, and the other clowns before and after them. Doesn't affect things too much here, thank god. so for me, the status quo is more about the people rather than 1 trump. 

Try? How should a 60 year old act? Drink tea? Play chest? Taichi? Tend the garden? A 60 year old can act like a 20 year old if he or she wants. Thats the problem with people like you, yoou believe in gay rights? But you expect a 60 year old to act like how you feel a 60 year old should act. Hypocricy.

Sorry lor...gaga copied the madonna playbook page by page. Even madonna's stage was borrowed by gaga for her tour as Live Nation did not build a 2nd stage for gaga due to poor sales from gaga's tour.

Madonna do not need to try for attention because of her huge legacy she had build. Why does she commands the respect of musicians? Because of how she works.

Much as I don't really understand what victim card she's playing , but with all due respect for her achievement, she is a granny in the eyes of an average 20s fan.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

16 minutes ago, fab said:

Much as I don't really understand what victim card she's playing , but with all due respect for her achievement, she is a granny in the eyes of an average 20s fan.

Here is a video of her speech the other days at the Glaads Awards. 

I don't know how she does it, but rather than a granny she looks like some woman in her 20s,  only better than the majority of them.

Why cannot we get rid of ageism?

Guest Guest
17 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I don't know how she does it, but rather than a granny she looks like some woman in her 20s,  only better than the majority of them.

Because like some who says christians are anti gays, some gays acts the same as these christians as they expect people to act and conform according to what they think a 60 year old should act.

She a fucking 60 year old self made billionaire.

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Try? How should a 60 year old act? Drink tea? Play chest? Taichi? Tend the garden? A 60 year old can act like a 20 year old if he or she wants. Thats the problem with people like you, yoou believe in gay rights? But you expect a 60 year old to act like how you feel a 60 year old should act. Hypocricy.

Sorry lor...gaga copied the madonna playbook page by page. Even madonna's stage was borrowed by gaga for her tour as Live Nation did not build a 2nd stage for gaga due to poor sales from gaga's tour.

Madonna do not need to try for attention because of her huge legacy she had build. Why does she commands the respect of musicians? Because of how she works.

animosity aside,  it was easier to do what she did in the 80s than it would be today and while many argue she was the first, i would say if not her, it would be someone else. it was just the zeitgeist, to attribute it to just one girl who changed pop culture history  is to add to her hubris, which it did to detriment. in some ways, it has created a monster.

culturally, she perfected the art of shock and awe but  that also became Madonna's cage - which is why she needs to keep reinventing herself to shock and keep people in awe. this is becoming less and less successful over the years, because she IS coming of age. those who argue otherwise are living in a fantasy, even Madonna one day will die, before that do you still want to see her 90 year old pussy thrusted in your face? 

If you do, you are into some weird shit, my friend, haha!

clinging to something that is no longer yours, be it fame, fortune or spotlight is just sad - and it shows how distorted a person's priorities are. at this point in her timeline, the only way to shock and awe is to go into retirement and open a tea-cake-gardening shop. that will illicit more shock (and respect) amongst her peers and the public. HAHAHA.

and let's not even talk about the music, that has been shit for many years - even club DJs don't play her anymore. proof is in the pudding.

as for Gaga following her playbook, Madonna herself modelled her steps after Debbie Harry, aka Blondie. - from the high pitched singing voice, (which Madonna can no longer sustain since mid 90s), to punk inspired aesthetics, to platinum bleach blonde - Debbie was the original Blonde Ambition.

Madonna simply watered Blondie down and tuned it to a pop audience. True fact. She is nothing special honestly - just very slick at packaging and marketing. but now that the outer packaging is old and worn, it's really showing there there is not much inside to begin with but hunger and desperation. 

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

1 hour ago, tomcat said:

animosity aside,  it was easier to do what she did in the 80s than it would be today and while many argue she was the first, i would say if not her, it would be someone else. it was just the zeitgeist, to attribute it to just one girl who changed pop culture history  is to add to her hubris, which it did to detriment. in some ways, it has created a monster.

culturally, she perfected the art of shock and awe but  that also became Madonna's cage - which is why she needs to keep reinventing herself to shock and keep people in awe. this is becoming less and less successful over the years, because she IS coming of age. those who argue otherwise are living in a fantasy, even Madonna one day will die, before that do you still want to see her 90 year old pussy thrusted in your face? 

clinging to something that is no longer yours, be it fame, fortune or spotlight is just sad - and it shows how distorted a person's priorities are. at this point in her timeline, the only way to shock and awe is to go into retirement and open a tea-cake-gardening shop. that will illicit more shock (and respect) amongst her peers and the public. HAHAHA.

..... etc. etc.

I cannot understand what you have against Madonna!  Did she hurt you in some way?  Or are you afraid of her 60 year old pussy shoved in your face?  

There have always been artists who keep/kept performing beyond what one would expect.   Mick Jagger, Paul Simon, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Arthur Rubinstein, Harrison Ford, Sylvester Stallone, Willie Nelson, Clint Eastwood, Arnold Schwarzenegger, ... Madonna, and of course one does not expect them to be better in old age than they were at their prime.  Madonna is among the youngest in this list.    We don't bash them for continuing with their careers even when old.  We don't expect them to "reinvent themselves" but we are in awe at how long they stay so skillful at what they are doing instead of breaking down and taking early retirement. And we wish they keep going strong as long as possible, pushing the limits of old age.

I have a particular understanding for these people because I am in my 70s, and I keep going strong in life.  I am by far the oldest in my class of Aikido, where the average is half my age,  and I don't hear this "what is this old man doing here,  this grandpa should have some shame and stay home with his grandchildren and maybe walk, very slowly with a walker, to the square to sit down and feed the pigeons".  Instead everyone, especially the teacher, is praising me to my embarrassment, happy to have a role model of how to keep going in their 70s, and confident that they will keep practicing this martial art for many decades to come.  In the meantime they have lost any fear of hurting me, and they attack me, throw me around in all directions like they do with the youngest, knowing that I will get up unharmed like they do,  haha.

Edited by Steve5380

55 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I cannot understand what you have against Madonna!  Did she hurt you in some way?  Or are you afraid of her 60 year old pussy shoved in your face?  

There have always been artists who keep/kept performing beyond what one would expect.   Mick Jagger, Paul Simon, Paul McCartney, Elton John, Arthur Rubinstein, Harrison Ford, Sylvester Stallone, Willie Nelson, Clint Eastwood, Arnold Schwarzenegger, ... Madonna, and of course one does not expect them to be better in old age than they were at their prime.  Madonna is among the youngest in this list.    We don't bash them for continuing with their careers even when old.  We don't expect them to "reinvent themselves" but we are in awe at how long they stay so skillful at what they are doing instead of breaking down and taking early retirement. And we wish they keep going strong as long as possible, pushing the limits of old age.

I have a particular understanding for these people because I am in my 70s, and I keep going strong in life.  I am by far the oldest in my class of Aikido, where the average is half my age,  and I don't hear this "what is this old man doing here,  this grandpa should have some shame and stay home with his grandchildren and maybe walk, very slowly with a walker, to the square to sit down and feed the pigeons".  Instead everyone, especially the teacher, is praising me to my embarrassment, happy to have a role model of how to keep going in their 70s, and confident that they will keep practicing this martial art for many decades to come.  In the meantime they have lost any fear of hurting me, and they attack me, throw me around in all directions like they do with the youngest, knowing that I will get up unharmed like they do,  haha.

We do have to admit that is hardwired in us to understand the female within three separate tropes: The Maiden, The Mother and The Crone. You might be able to say that is just an extension of the Patriarchy, which would excite any feminists in here, as it is the most obvious and laziest way of allocating blame, but this model is older than modern society itself. 

While it may be problematic, I do believe that men and women are viewed differently and held up to different levels of perception. So the argument of equality is only challenged by that of equity. We don't expect women to suddenly take over the construction workforce, or take up arms and become soldiers. They can, sure but somehow to subject that to them, while there are men around seems illogical - if only to serve some kind of feminist fantasy of "we can do it! we can do anything a man can!"

You can't have the best of both worlds. And even feminists run the risk of looking unreasonable to want the benefits of being a man, but not be subjected to the physical labour and mental headspace of being male.  

Back to Madonna, within the 3 tropes,  she has already reached the level of a Crone. That is not to be taken lightly, it is an honoured role, just that today we view it as something negative. Each step of the ladder is an evolution of the female spirit, therefore this is the discomfort one finds with Madonna. A crone who is not accepting of her status, and wants to exist within this realm as a Maiden. Same as a man, he cannot become a boy - innocence lost, maturity gained, age. No one makes up these things, you just can't be of two elements at the same time.

it really is nothing personal, and honestly, the legions of people who also want Madonna to shut down her pussy is reflective of this deep discomfort. they might not be able to verbalise it as I am now, as this is quite esoteric knowledge, but it's there, whether we know of it or not. It runs in our collective unconcious, like a background OS. 

The modes and definition of success also varies greatly for women and men. For men it is more important to be seen as strong, than sexy. To be seen as virile, as opposed to seductive. This is why the men you have brought up for comparison are not really conducive to the discussion, because apples & oranges. in fact, this is like talking apples to durians.. It would be more fruitful (aha) to discuss Madonna within the context of her peers, people like Cher, Tina Turner, Joan Jett, Pat Benatar, Lauper etc. and the paths they have taken, the success they have defined and accomplishments they have garnered for themselves as people, not merely as women. 

At the end of the day, the laziest way is to scream "Sexist" or "Ageist" which Madonna has done, both to extremes. But to just leave it as that, without understanding the deep intrinsic reasons why certain discomforts exist in the first place makes it a futile attempt and it just becomes noise. 

The idea of Sex, and fertility works for a younger woman, because it is  our biology. The fact that Madonna cannot even talk about that fact that she is Post-menopausal, not only shows that she is in denial about herself but also of what Life has in store for her. And she says she is being punished for being old? That's just Nature. In fact, it is Mother Nature, if anything she should take it up with her, instead of attacking the public. Right?

One holy mother versus another - in terms of spiritual synchronicity, I don't think it is a coincidence at all. Even though it's not a popular opinion, I already know which Mother will always win. Just whether she, you or anyone else can accept it or not, that is another fish to fry.

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest gues
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

Actually, you steve 5380 , is like Madonna, 

You are both white, old and irrelevant, but still want to impose your 60s and 72 year old views on our current generation, lah.

Both of youbshould stay at home, sit on rocking chair, by the fireplace , knit sweaters, and eat digestive biscuits and chew on your dentures, 

And reminisce about the good old days when she could use her sexuality to sell records, soft drinks, makeup and female products and you can reminisce about young hot asian smooth skin bodies over your sand paper dry skins.

Thank you.:doh:

35 minutes ago, Guest gues said:

You are both white, old and irrelevant, but still want to impose your 60s and 72 year old views on our current generation, lah.

Both of youbshould stay at home, sit on rocking chair, by the fireplace , knit sweaters, and eat digestive biscuits and chew on your dentures, 

And reminisce about the good old days when she could use her sexuality to sell records, soft drinks, makeup and female products and you can reminisce about young hot asian smooth skin bodies over your sand paper dry skins.

WOW, haha.

I really did try my best to respond diplomatically and fairly to a comment that had more than a little personal stake to it. Honestly, I was not sure how and why he took it to infer onto himself, making his own age the topic of discussion. So I tried to bring levity and a bigger picture to the discussion, instead of keeping it centric. 

I hope I did justice, but thank you so much for saying the things that I couldn't bring myself to. Sorry Steve, but out of the mouth of babes, this one. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Try and see

Retired Mediacorp actor Bai Yan just turned 100, and he's still so well-liked and respected. He doesn't need to scream for attention like Madonna.

Madonna just cannot accept the fact that she is no longer a hot young girl in her 20s.

Retired actor Bai Yan turns 100

st_20190502_trend02_4810758.jpg?itok=gA3

https://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/retired-actor-bai-yan-turns-100

8 hours ago, tomcat said:

We do have to admit that is hardwired in us to understand the female within three separate tropes: The Maiden, The Mother and The Crone. You might be able to say that is just an extension of the Patriarchy, which would excite any feminists in here, as it is the most obvious and laziest way of allocating blame, but this model is older than modern society itself. 

While it may be problematic, I do believe that men and women are viewed differently and held up to different levels of perception. So the argument of equality is only challenged by that of equity. We don't expect women to suddenly take over the construction workforce, or take up arms and become soldiers. They can, sure but somehow to subject that to them, while there are men around seems illogical - if only to serve some kind of feminist fantasy of "we can do it! we can do anything a man can!"

I am a little disappointed and surprised by your opinions, since I have thought of you as a relatively young person with modern ideas. You sound like a straight ang moh in his 70s...  (!).    You see a "model older than modern society itself" as a law of nature.  While I see some changes in modern society as being the result of FREEDOM of the person to be what she or he is.  For some women, "the Maiden, the Mother, the Crone" come much later than what you think it should be.  Many are still maiden at 30, mothers at 40 and Crone... never.  Many women like to work on mechanics, get a degree in math, join combat in the armed forces.  Maybe these traits are "lesbian"?

And "lesbian" brings us into the "gay" in this era.  If you are young you should be flexible.  Flexible enough to understand that lesbians can be manly, and gays can be feminine.  Your bashing of Madonna sounds similar to the bashing of gays by straight old ang mohs:  "how can one justify that men become bottoms and, the most absurd of all, want to "marry" each other ???  This is not nature, and surely Mother Nature will prevail".  AMAZINGLY you think like an old man like me should be thinking, and I think like a young man like you should be thinking!   Amazing reversal of ideas!

No one expects all women to become manly like lesbians, nor all men to become gay.  We should WELCOME the FREEDOM of everyone to be like she or he IS.

8 hours ago, tomcat said:

Back to Madonna, within the 3 tropes,  she has already reached the level of a Crone. That is not to be taken lightly, it is an honoured role, just that today we view it as something negative. 

it really is nothing personal, and honestly, the legions of people who also want Madonna to shut down her pussy is reflective of this deep discomfort. they might not be able to verbalise it as I am now, as this is quite esoteric knowledge, but it's there, whether we know of it or not. It runs in our collective unconcious, like a background OS. 

At the end of the day, the laziest way is to scream "Sexist" or "Ageist" which Madonna has done, both to extremes. But to just leave it as that, without understanding the deep intrinsic reasons why certain discomforts exist in the first place makes it a futile attempt and it just becomes noise. 

The idea of Sex, and fertility works for a younger woman, because it is  our biology. The fact that Madonna cannot even talk about that fact that she is Post-menopausal, not only shows that she is in denial about herself but also of what Life has in store for her. And she says she is being punished for being old? That's just Nature. In fact, it is Mother Nature, if anything she should take it up with her, instead of attacking the public. Right?

Do you really know the definition of "Crone"?  Look in the dictionary:  "an old cruel woman who is thin and ugly".  Madonna is surely thin, but cruel and ugly?   And which woman would feel honored to be old, cruel and ugly?  Are you of sane mind?

I think that the laziest way is to scream that she or he are not like it is normal in the majority of people.  What takes a little more intelligence is to realize that we are not all cut out of the same mold, and people may be INTRINSICALLY different and  not necessarily because they are capricious.

You sound like typical homophobics, who are VERY able to verbalize as you are now their quite esoteric knowledge that gays are sick and abominable, deserving of death and an afterlife in hell because they don't respect the dictates of Mother Nature that men should use their dicks to impregnate women and be "macho".

22 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

In your opinion as a 70s person, she looks like a person in her 20s.

Have u tot of what those 20s would think of her in their opinions?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

9 hours ago, Guest gues said:

You're welcome!! :D  Thanks for telling me that I am like Madonna!

Most old people who stay at home by the fireplace in their rocking chair  do so... not because they want to... but because they don't have a better choice.  If you are old and you still can do what younger people enjoy doing,  why shouldn't you?  We all choose enjoyment.  Surely Madonna enjoys doing what she did in her 20s and 30s.  

9 hours ago, tomcat said:

WOW, haha.

I really did try my best to respond diplomatically and fairly to a comment that had more than a little personal stake to it. Honestly, I was not sure how and why he took it to infer onto himself, making his own age the topic of discussion. So I tried to bring levity and a bigger picture to the discussion, instead of keeping it centric. 

I hope I did justice, but thank you so much for saying the things that I couldn't bring myself to. Sorry Steve, but out of the mouth of babes, this one. 

@tomcat, it is good that you are fair but you don't need to be diplomatic with me.  I feel satisfaction in being how I am and reading how differently some younger persons think.  One benefit of being old is that we know how it is to be younger since we have had this experience,  while some younger people have no inkling of what it is to be old and are full of false ideas.  Maybe it is good that the elderly speak out more freely to let the younger know  :)

This is why I often speak of myself.   But you are welcomed to ignore what I say.

2 hours ago, Guest Try and see said:

Retired Mediacorp actor Bai Yan just turned 100, and he's still so well-liked and respected. He doesn't need to scream for attention like Madonna.

Madonna just cannot accept the fact that she is no longer a hot young girl in her 20s.

Thank you for letting me know of actor Bai Yan.  He kept acting well into his 80s.  And he has the motto: "One is never too old to learn".  Wise man!

One cannot be absolutely certain, but I suspect that his opinion of Madonna is:  "Good for her that she can do what she is doing, and hopefully she keeps doing it for many, many years since she is still young"   :lol:

16 minutes ago, fab said:

In your opinion as a 70s person, she looks like a person in her 20s.

Have u tot of what those 20s would think of her in their opinions?

I am sure that many women in their 20s feel envy of Madonna for her successful career, her still good looks,  her money and her strong character choosing to raise the six children she has and defending herself against so many ugly attacks.

17 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I am sure that many women in their 20s feel envy of Madonna for her successful career, her still good looks,  her money and her strong character choosing to raise the six children she has and defending herself against so many ugly attacks.

Yes I won't disagree that most, if not all, 20s, women will respect her for all her achievements, but it still won't change the facts that they will respect her like they respect their grannies.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

3 minutes ago, fab said:

Yes I won't disagree that most, if not all, 20s, women will respect her for all her achievements, but it still won't change the facts that they will respect her like they respect their grannies.

Please forgive me for disagreeing with that.   We respect the elderly because they are deserving, fragile, vulnerable and OLD.  Madonna is just the opposite of fragile, vulnerable,  and at 60 y.o. she is still one generation away from being truly OLD.   Although the grannies of may people in their 20s are 60 y.o. and they don't earn YET much respect. There is in society today an increase in the generational separation.   My oldest grandchild is 7 y.o., and I am in my mid 70s,  a separation of nearly 70 years!

Madonna just can't deal with the fact that she is no longer relevant.

Instead of ageing gracefully and accepting the fact that she has reached icon status, she plays the victim card by whining about her life just because she is no longer the 'it' girl of pop. 

I can safely bet that almost all the current reigning pop stars like Taylor, Ariana, Dua Lipa, Halsey, Blackpink etc will kill to reach icon status so this is just a classic case of Madonna not appreciating what she has and instead, clamouring on for more. Zero sympathy from me.

Guest Guest
14 hours ago, tomcat said:

and let's not even talk about the music, that has been shit for many years - even club DJs don't play her anymore. proof is in the pudding.

as for Gaga following her playbook, Madonna herself modelled her steps after Debbie Harry, aka Blondie. - from the high pitched singing voice, (which Madonna can no longer sustain since mid 90s), to punk inspired aesthetics, to platinum bleach blonde - Debbie was the original Blonde Ambition.

Madonna simply watered Blondie down and tuned it to a pop audience. True fact. She is nothing special honestly - just very slick at packaging and marketing. but now that the outer packaging is old and worn, it's really showing there there is not much inside to begin with but hunger and desperation. 

Haha..not bad leh....for someone who has nothing inside to be the best selling female artist of all time, to the highest grossing solo musician of all time, to be a self made billionaire....not bad hor for someone who has nothing inside.

54 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Please forgive me for disagreeing with that.   We respect the elderly because they are deserving, fragile, vulnerable and OLD.  Madonna is just the opposite of fragile, vulnerable,  and at 60 y.o. she is still one generation away from being truly OLD.   Although the grannies of may people in their 20s are 60 y.o. and they don't earn YET much respect. There is in society today an increase in the generational separation.   My oldest grandchild is 7 y.o., and I am in my mid 70s,  a separation of nearly 70 years!

She is youthful, glamorous, beautiful bla bla bla for 60. 60 is prolly the new 40 or even 30. Pt is, she should just accept it and shouldn't have this self inflicted discrimination. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Haha..not bad leh....for someone who has nothing inside to be the best selling female artist of all time, to the highest grossing solo musician of all time, to be a self made billionaire....not bad hor for someone who has nothing inside.

LOL!   Maybe she sold her soul to the devil to get all these blessings in spite of being a totally undeserving vulgar person with nothing inside.

Or,  one idea I like better,  she got all these blessings for free because she came into this life with a balance of good karma from previous lives.  One never knows, but it does not seem that she is putting her biggest efforts into reaching Nirvana,  although some of her altruistic actions,  for propaganda or not,  should have earned or maintained her good karma.

7 minutes ago, fab said:

She is youthful, glamorous, beautiful bla bla bla for 60. 60 is prolly the new 40 or even 30. Pt is, she should just accept it and shouldn't have this self inflicted discrimination. 

I imagine that behind all that noise she is really happy and her "self inflicted discrimination" is a venue for her compulsion to speak out what is in her mind no matter what and be shocking and flamboyant.   Here is an article about her "painful lessons",  (LOL)  that don't seem to need an alleviation with opioids   :lol:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2018/08/16/madonna-turns-60-revisit-her-painful-lessons-aging-while-female/982562002/

10 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I think billionaires are placed on such high pedestals, as if making money is the only measure of success. For all her money and success, when I look at her, I don't see a happy person. Do you? She is still whining, complaining, playing victim - despite being a rich white woman. So do you think her millions comfort her? 

There was a song or two, where she sang about the stress of keeping up this financial success. And most of her earnings, which is from touring, is used to pay back the thousands of crew, staff and other things. She has to work hard, cos her lifestyle requires it. 

Many people do say, and I agree, that for someone with little to no talent, she has done very well. She is very lucky, determined, daring and calculated - those are merits to her name that I will never deny her. I speak fairly and give credit where credit is due. Maybe this is the lore of Madonna, a nobody from Detroit, with no talent and big dreams - it definitely fits her like a capitalist wet dream, haha.  

But can she dance? She has good stage presence but she trained as a dancer and never made it. That says something. 

Can she sing? She can carry a tune, but her vocals are nothing fantastic. She is not a vocal diva, and thus, has never been invited to those diva shows to belt it out with other divas. Even younger ones like Gaga and Grande surpass Madonna, when she was their age. Her vocal range is limited, she makes up for it by improving her technique, vibrato and control. 

Can she act? Hell no. It's so painful to watch her emote - like a robot pretending to be human.

Can she direct? Unfortunately no as well, she wants to tell stories but lacks the technical skill and finesse.

You also assumed wrongly, "for someone with nothing inside" is miles apart from "not much inside to begin with but hunger and desperation". That she has A LOT of. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

11 hours ago, Gayleo said:

Instead of ageing gracefully and accepting the fact that she has reached icon status, she plays the victim card by whining about her life just because she is no longer the 'it' girl of pop. 

I KNOW RIGHT?

She is THE queen, but yet she acts like a pauper (boo hoo, poor me) and other times like the court jester, always trying to be a show pony.

When she makes jibes at the newer artists especially, I feel second hand embarrassment and think, "Madonna, you are an ICON. You don't need to do this. Please stop!!"

It is just deep insecurity. You don't see Cher mucking around with the new girls, because SHE IS CHER. She is above all this, and I respect her for it.

Madonna, she lost me as a fan around early 2000s, when she capitalised on 9/11 and the war to make American Life - it was and still is, done in poor taste.  She used the horrors and shock of war and death, glorified and repackaged it for her own superficial uses to SELL MUSIC that wasn't even that good. I think somewhere along the line, she hit the Karma limit and it all went to shit.

Since then, she just seems to be getting more and more desperate. The music is getting worse, and she also knows it. That explains her (unnecessarily) diversifying her brand, because her music is no longer selling like it used to. She has tried to make a gym, skincare line, clothes. All flopped, and then comes out the victim card.

And plus, whatever she is doing to her face with fillers and plastic surgery needs to stop. I don't know, she is just a mess. 

Edited by tomcat

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Guest
16 minutes ago, tomcat said:

I KNOW RIGHT?

She is THE queen, but yet she acts like a pauper (boo hoo, poor me) and other times like the court jester, always trying to be a show pony.

When she makes jibes at the newer artists especially, I feel second hand embarrassment and think, "Madonna, you are an ICON. You don't need to do this. Please stop!!"

It is just deep insecurity. You don't see Cher mucking around with the new girls, because SHE IS CHER. She is above all this, and I respect her for it.

Madonna, she lost me as a fan around early 2000s, when she capitalised on 9/11 and the war to make American Life - it was and still is, done in poor taste.  She used the horrors and shock of war and death, glorified and repackaged it for her own superficial uses to SELL MUSIC that wasn't even that good. I think somewhere along the line, she hit the Karma limit and it all went to shit.

Since then, she just seems to be getting more and more desperate. The music is getting worse, and she also knows it. That explains her (unnecessarily) diversifying her brand, because her music is no longer selling like it used to. She has tried to make a gym, skincare line, clothes. All flopped, and then comes out the victim card.

And plus, whatever she is doing to her face with fillers and plastic surgery needs to stop. I don't know, she is just a mess. 

But you guys are still bitching abt her non stop shows alot of abt her leh.

35 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

But you guys are still bitching abt her non stop shows alot of abt her leh.

I tend to discuss a lot of unpopular things, people and topics. Like Trump, our openly corrupt public service system, or smokers in public.

Don't see a correlation between topic of discussion and personal like. In fact, I think we discuss things that are very wrong, like Madonna. 

Because no one needs to discuss things that are right, tio bo? We just leave it at that. haha.

Your logic really cannot make it. 

🌑🌒🌓🌔🌕🌖🌗🌘🌑

Guest Guest
6 hours ago, tomcat said:

I tend to discuss a lot of unpopular things, people and topics. Like Trump, our openly corrupt public service system, or smokers in public.

Don't see a correlation between topic of discussion and personal like. In fact, I think we discuss things that are very wrong, like Madonna. 

Because no one needs to discuss things that are right, tio bo? We just leave it at that. haha.

Your logic really cannot make it. 

Wow...you lump the president of the united sates the same as a pop star. Shows how famous she is.

2 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Wow...you lump the president of the united sates the same as a pop star. Shows how famous she is.

Interesting gauge of popularity!

9 hours ago, tomcat said:

You may be interested in a lengthy analysis of the popularity of Madonna:

https://chartmasters.org/2017/08/cspc-madonna-popularity-analysis-2/

It seems that Madonna does not fit under "unpopular things",  because even if she may not be the MOST popular,  some popularity remains, and so by the meaning of the language, she cannot be un-popular.

There is also the measure of relevance.  The abominable Trump, the corrupt public service system, smokers in public,  are much more damaging than Madonna.  I am totally unaware of Madonna in my life,  I am only now thinking of her thanks to this thread GachiMuchi started.  Madonna's character, lack of qualities, etc. do me no harm at all.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Caught Telling Lies

The issue with Madonna being "punished for turning 60" is that she still wants to be the same sex symbol type of artist that she was 35 years ago. Fair or not, that's just not possible, and she needs to stop chasing an image of herself that is now long gone. She should be transcending the entertainment industry by now, but as noted above, her efforts to branch out have failed. Another option is to accept that she is older, get rid of the shock aspects of her persona, and age respectfully like Cher or Tina Turner.

Madonna also really needs to try other things and not be afraid to learn other things. If people think her acting is bad, show some humility and take some lessons, it shouldn't be too hard to learn to play mothers and grandmothers with good acting teachers. The same thing goes for directing. Go hang out on the set with some of the best directors in Hollywood, or London, or wherever she likes. Learn from what they are doing and apply those lessons to future projects. Hard work never stops regardless of age.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.