Male HQ

[ AFA MSM ] PINK CARPET Y COHORT STUDY

AfA_MSM

spacer.png

The Pink Carpet Y Cohort Study is a research collaboration between the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore, and the Pink Carpet Y program by Action for AIDS Singapore and Gayhealth.sg, supported and funded by the Singapore Population HEalth ImpRovement Centre (SPHERiC) Seed Fund.

We are looking to enroll a total of 600 gay/bisexual/queer, cisgender/transgender men who are 18 to 25 years old, Singapore citizens or permanent residents, and who are HIV-negative or are unsure of their status.

Upon enrollment, you will be asked to fill out a total of 3 online surveys over the course of one year - once at the start, at the 6-month mark, and at the 12-month mark. We are interested in finding out more about your mental and sexual health as a gay, bisexual or queer man living in Singapore.

You will receive up to $50.00 cash for participating in this study.

Please feel free to contact us at pcycohort@gmail.com should you have any queries or doubts and we will be happy to address them.

Enroll at www.pcycohort.com now!

Hi All!
We are introducing a referral scheme that will benefit both existing and new participants:

How to refer your friends
Step 1: Pass your friends your unique study ID. Your unique study ID is {{ Participant ID }}
Step 2: Refer your friends to the enrollment survey, not the baseline survey! The enrollment survey link can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/pcycohort
Step 3: We have amended the enrollment survey to include a question at the end of the survey that will require your friend to enter a referral code (i.e. your unique ID).
Step 4: Upon completion of the baseline survey, both you and your friend get an additional $5.00 each.

What if I already referred my friends before the implementation of this referral scheme?
Step 1: If you did refer a friend, find out their unique study ID.
Step 2: Submit both your own and your friend's unique study ID to pcycohort@gmail.com.
Step 3: If both you and your friend have already completed the baseline survey, we will disburse an additional $5.00 each to you and your friend.

Some important terms
You are only eligible for the $5.00 if your friend meets the eligibility criteria to participate, and completes the baseline survey.
There is no limit to the number of friends you can refer, but we will cut off recruitment by 31 July 2019 or when we reach 600 participants.

Edited by AfA_MSM

• G_M changed the title to [ AFA MSM ] PINK CARPET Y COHORT STUDY

Why Action fr Aids only target gay men for this study? Are they gonna survey straight men too?

I see that they target cisgenders too.  But why then the statement 'We are interested in finding out more about your mental and sexual health as a gay, bisexual or queer man living in Singapore'.

What exactly are their goals?  What hypothesis are they trying to test?  How can we know if these hypothesis do not lead to recommendations to the  govt, recommendations which affects the liberties of gay men? 

These are all valid questions.  The people have the right to know exactly what is the cause/goal of these research, who is funding it and what exact actions (if there are any) do they have in mind in which they are now trying to find data to justify. In my opinion, hypothetically, I am not going to support a research which may cause negative effects to the liberties of gay men.  I think they need to put out more info to clear the air. 

Edited by FattChoy

1 hour ago, FattChoy said:

Why Action fr Aids only target gay men for this study? Are they gonna survey straight men too?

I see that they target cisgenders too.  But why then the statement 'We are interested in finding out more about your mental and sexual health as a gay, bisexual or queer man living in Singapore'.

What exactly are their goals?  What hypothesis are they trying to test?  How can we know if these hypothesis do not lead to recommendations to the  govt, recommendations which affects the liberties of gay men? 

These are all valid questions.  The people have the right to know exactly what is the cause/goal of these research, who is funding it and what exact actions (if there are any) do they have in mind in which they are now trying to find data to justify. In my opinion, hypothetically, I am not going to support a research which may cause negative effects to the liberties of gay men.  I think they need to put out more info to clear the air. 

- gay men belong to cisgender group...

- survey on LGBT youth's health ...

- a survey does not necessarily have a hypothesis...

- a survey run by LGBT organisations is unlikely to have averse effects on gay men

- cause of Pink Carpet Y is to improve LGBT youth's sexual health

- funding is clearly stated in the post

Sorry if this comes across as bitchy, but try to get your facts right (cisgender thing) and do your research before trying to sound smart...

Edited by Crispy96

Guest Guest
On 5/28/2019 at 2:04 PM, AfA_MSM said:

spacer.png

The Pink Carpet Y Cohort Study is a research collaboration between the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health, National University of Singapore, and the Pink Carpet Y program by Action for AIDS Singapore and Gayhealth.sg, supported and funded by the Singapore Population HEalth ImpRovement Centre (SPHERiC) Seed Fund.

We are looking to enroll a total of 600 gay/bisexual/queer, cisgender/transgender men who are 18 to 25 years old, Singapore citizens or permanent residents, and who are HIV-negative or are unsure of their status.

Upon enrollment, you will be asked to fill out a total of 3 online surveys over the course of one year - once at the start, at the 6-month mark, and at the 12-month mark. We are interested in finding out more about your mental and sexual health as a gay, bisexual or queer man living in Singapore.

You will receive up to $50.00 cash for participating in this study.

Please feel free to contact us at pcycohort@gmail.com should you have any queries or doubts and we will be happy to address them.

Enroll at www.pcycohort.com now!

Pink? AfA sterotype gays? Sorry, I am gay and I dislike pink. Will never be caught in pink. Stop all these sterotyping of gays lah AFA. Its longer 1980s. 

On 5/29/2019 at 2:48 AM, Crispy96 said:

- gay men belong to cisgender group...

- survey on LGBT youth's health ...

- a survey does not necessarily have a hypothesis...

- a survey run by LGBT organisations is unlikely to have averse effects on gay men

- cause of Pink Carpet Y is to improve LGBT youth's sexual health

- funding is clearly stated in the post

Sorry if this comes across as bitchy, but try to get your facts right (cisgender thing) and do your research before trying to sound smart...

欲加之罪

何患无辞

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.