Male HQ

Dishwashing machines should be widely promoted as Singapore will face water shortage in the future , El NIno effect.

Guest guest7

Guest guest7

Small and compact but fits in a full set of cutlery , knives, scoops, chopsticks ,spoons and shallow frying pan, just perfect for a small gay couple who cooks often at home and then use large amounts of water and time to do clean up,

this machine also dries your dishes to 97% dryness nad all you need to do iswipe with a clean dry cloth and you can stack the dishes away before you sleep .

And it takes up small space in the kitchen.

The future is life with a dishwashing machine, gays cannot employ maids on their own merits lor.

4 minutes ago, Guest Blank said:

Dish washer waste more water than you yourself washing it 

True!

As an old man who lives now alone,  prepares at home 100% of his food,  lived many decades with a good dishwasher, and now 15 years without,  I can share some experience with this.

I discovered a golden rule:  never leave dirty dishes around.  Clean them shortly after use, best if right away.  Then food hasn't stuck to them and they clean easily. 

So I clean all my dishes under the tap by hand and I seldom use any detergent (I don't eat much greasy stuff). Then I put them on the rack on the counter to dry. They don't need to end up sparkling clean,  just functionally clean.

I eat four or five meals a day.  This means a lot of dirty dishes and silverware (no chopsticks).  If I had a dish washer, I would run it only once a day and the dirty dishes would have to be stacked up in the machine.  By washing them right away, I can reuse them all the time.  Fewer utensils, no electricity, no boxes of detergents, no work emptying the washer and putting all the dishes away   :)

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

:doh:bad advice from some dirty old man. 

Old yes,  dirty NO.  I seldom see a need of detergent to get my dishes CLEAN.

If YOUR dishes don't get clean without detergent...   oh poor man!  Think that what made your dishes so dirty is now in YOUR body.  Should you swallow detergent to clean yourself from the inside also?  NO. Never do that.  Detergents have poisonous effects.  Most detergents are not biodegradable and pose a risk to the environment.

Guest Guest
1 hour ago, Steve5380 said:

If YOUR dishes don't get clean without detergent...   oh poor man!  Think that what made your dishes so dirty is now in YOUR body.  Should you swallow detergent to clean yourself from the inside also?  NO. Never do that.  Detergents have poisonous effects.  Most detergents are not biodegradable and pose a risk to the environment.

Detergent is used to clean off as much traces of food off your dishes so that bacteria and germs do not grow and infest. And then you wash off the detergent subsequently. This is basic common sense. This isn't the Planet of the Apes, you know?  You are really one WEIRD dirty old man.

Guest dish washer

The biggest issue with a dish washer is, you must have it full of dishes to justify saving water, then the second issue follows to achieve clean dishes you need to pre-clean the things, because if they rest longer the dirt will stick on the plates or other parts.

Therefore, I doubt that dish washers are water saving.

Regarding hand wash: I m very fussy, it must sparkle, but I just take a tiny bit of dish washing detergent.

But it seems better to clean with some dish washing liquid to avoid some bacteria developing on the plates.

Maybe from the temperature is might be different too, I mean comparing some northern parts of US with Singapore where in hot temperatures germs seem to develop very fast. Echeria coli or salmonella such bacteria can develop in the fridge and outside they can contaminate plates

The biggest problem is cross contamination, with fingers or cutlery, plastic ladles etc.

Would advise to use some dish washing liquid. And it should be advised to let the dishes dry thoroughly.

I would refrain from calling older citizens dirty and weird, but maybe they should be advised to change.

A stomach flu can be much more harmful in old age that for younger ones.

1 hour ago, Guest Guest said:

Detergent is used to clean off as much traces of food off your dishes so that bacteria and germs do not grow and infest. And then you wash off the detergent subsequently. This is basic common sense. This isn't the Planet of the Apes, you know?  You are really one WEIRD dirty old man.

"as much traces of food"??  You must have brought your dishes with you from the Planet of the Apes if you find it difficult to clean off  ALL traces of food.  I have good eyes and no food particle stays on my dishes in the few seconds it takes to clean one of them.  You are really one WEIRD nasty troll.

40 minutes ago, Guest dish washer said:

Regarding hand wash: I m very fussy, it must sparkle, but I just take a tiny bit of dish washing detergent.

But it seems better to clean with some dish washing liquid to avoid some bacteria developing on the plates.

Maybe from the temperature is might be different too, I mean comparing some northern parts of US with Singapore where in hot temperatures germs seem to develop very fast. Echeria coli or salmonella such bacteria can develop in the fridge and outside they can contaminate plates

The biggest problem is cross contamination, with fingers or cutlery, plastic ladles etc.

---

A stomach flu can be much more harmful in old age that for younger ones.

The south of Texas is also hot.  But don't you have some air conditioning at home like I have?  Salmonella bacteria developing on dishes that are frequently washed?  It is much more probable that harmful bacteria like that come from the food put on the plate, than from the plate itself.

An old man like myself with zero gastric problems and strong immune system who cooks at home has less chances of food poisoning than a teenager or young adult that sometimes eats street food.

Edited by Steve5380

14 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Man? 

:P

i don't use detergent too if only non oily food such as veg or fruit r served. I only rinse with water.

if I were really rushing for time in the morning, I will clear all food particles on the crockery with a tissue n fill it with water n leave it in the basin. Wash them at night.

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Chinese uncle
3 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

I separate my dirty dishes into 3 types,

1. Non-greasy or oily like for cut fruits or drinks- I'll rinse them without detergent.

2. Oily or greasy ones, I'll quick rinse then use dish washing liquid. No amount of water rinsing can get rid of oil or grease, if you know the chemistry of soap.

3. My biggest headaches are those stubborn stains- need to soak and scrub. That's why I prefer to use stainless steel or non stick cookwares. For plates, bowls I'll buy those cheap Ikea porcelain dinnerware. Only 1$ each and very easy to clean, I use no plastic or melamine if possible.

Guest guest

The machine above mentioned uses only 25% Of the water of handwash manual.

If you doing the dishes of family of 4 to 5 persons , plus soup pots, wok, stirrers , ladles plus dishes bowls for 4-5 persons like typical HDB household.  It makes senses , even PRCs tiongkok people , Taiwanese people, are using this model. And they have their very own water supply from high mountains and snow melt. 

All the more, Our govr should promote more dish washer usage to save water while doing dishes.

See how thw save water campaign already encourages front load laundry machine ti save water. 

Dishwasher makes sense. It saves 75 % of water compared to handwashed for family of 4-5.

7 hours ago, Guest guest said:

The machine above mentioned uses only 25% Of the water of handwash manual.

If you doing the dishes of family of 4 to 5 persons , plus soup pots, wok, stirrers , ladles plus dishes bowls for 4-5 persons like typical HDB household.  It makes senses , even PRCs tiongkok people , Taiwanese people, are using this model. And they have their very own water supply from high mountains and snow melt. 

Maybe in a family of 4 or 5 persons a dish washer makes sense,  although this small compact one may need to run after each meal. But at the beginning you said:

"The future is life with a dishwashing machine, gays cannot employ maids on their own merits lor."

Typical gays we are one or two persons. Not much dishes.  And why does "maids" come in?  You need a maid to wash your dishes?  I used to be the head of a family of four. My wife and I we both worked, yet we didn't need a maid.

I enjoy washing dishes.  It is a soothing activity.  Using cold water and seldom any detergent, my hands are not those of a dish washer :)

13 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Omg this is comedy gold.  To be frank,  if you don't wash the detergent off completely,  it'll end up in your bowels.  I agree with Steve but I use as minimal detergent as possible. 

Edited by FattChoy

Guest Guest
7 hours ago, FattChoy said:

Omg this is comedy gold.  To be frank,  if you don't wash the detergent off completely,  it'll end up in your bowels.  I agree with Steve but I use as minimal detergent as possible. 

Omg... this is the lack of common sense at its finest. Why do people use detergent in the first place? Do you even use detergent to wash your clothes? Mop the floor? If you are not using any cleaning agent at all, does that mean you just use water to bath yourself? Why bother to use soap on your body? Gosh ... I hope nobody on this forum is going to come in here to say that they used their dogs to lick their plates clean and then leave it there to dry, since they have a good eye and can see any food remnants on their plates after the dog-licking sessions. 

Excuse me, but just what type of primates do we have on this forum here?

Kabuki scream | ... horror japan face scream terror pale undead baraka kabuki animated GIF

On 6/10/2019 at 5:51 PM, Guest Guest said:

Omg... this is the lack of common sense at its finest. Why do people use detergent in the first place? Do you even use detergent to wash your clothes? Mop the floor? If you are not using any cleaning agent at all, does that mean you just use water to bath yourself? Why bother to use soap on your body? Gosh ... I hope nobody on this forum is going to come in here to say that they used their dogs to lick their plates clean and then leave it there to dry, since they have a good eye and can see any food remnants on their plates after the dog-licking sessions. 

Excuse me, but just what type of primates do we have on this forum here?

Omg... you are comedy at its finest.  We don't need dogs to lick our plates.  You are a primate too, and you can find your own transportation to our places to lick our plates to your content.

I can only imagine what a terrible experience it would be for you to live in a time before the existence of detergents.  You may not even survive without them.  Too bad for you since, according to Darwin,  nature promotes survival... of the fittest.

Edited by Steve5380

• 8 months later...
Guest Terence29
On 6/10/2019 at 12:29 AM, Guest guest7 said:

Small and compact but fits in a full set of cutlery , knives, scoops, chopsticks ,spoons and shallow frying pan, just perfect for a small gay couple who cooks often at home and then use large amounts of water and time to do clean up,

this machine also dries your dishes to 97% dryness nad all you need to do iswipe with a clean dry cloth and you can stack the dishes away before you sleep .

And it takes up small space in the kitchen.

The future is life with a dishwashing machine, gays cannot employ maids on their own merits lor.

I think this will shoot your bills up.

• 1 year later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.