Male HQ

New Generation = Fatter?

FattChoy

Guest LeanChoy
11 minutes ago, FattChoy said:

In your opinion, are the new generation of adults (men) fatter/heavier?  They seem to look that way.  I think all that digital lifestyle equals to eating more food.

Huh?

i see that the new generation of men all look better and have fit bodies, probably due to the widespread of gym culture. Dun have fat fat like you said.

7 hours ago, Guest LeanChoy said:

Huh?

i see that the new generation of men all look better and have fit bodies, probably due to the widespread of gym culture. Dun have fat fat like you said.

Yap, due to widespread of social media, a lot like to take shirtless picture and hence more conscious about their body and also their standard of living have increase, commercial gym are not cheap afterall.

12 hours ago, Guest LeanChoy said:

Could this trend be mostly among gay youth? We are more body conscious than the straight, who think that once they own a woman she will give pussy no matter how ugly they are.

If so, this is a nice advantage of being gay  :)

On 6/27/2019 at 2:48 PM, Guest LeanChoy said:

Huh?

This is what I'm observing too

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest guest

New generation genes seems quite good, seldom can find fatty. Most looks fit and big. Even skinny also not many. Wondering what they eat or do?

Well it seems to me that each generation has a different lifestyle and diet. Compared to our parents, we are probably taller and bigger than they are when they were our age, due to access to better foods, education, lifestyle etc. Hence it is no different that the younger generation will be taller/bigger than we are. 

Love. 

I noticed the distinct difference between the current 20+ yo nowadays compared to 20+ years old 30 to 40 years ago.  They are generally taller and heavier in stature, I'd say a good 4 to 5 inches taller in height on average.   I attribute this to nutritional difference.  ( you'll notice that if you travel to poorer parts of Asia, that the people there are smaller) People in Singapore have better standard of living nowadays and can afford to feed their children better (whether rightly or wrongly).  Epigenetics studies found that the flow on effect last 3 generations.   That is to say,  if your grand parents suffered some form of malnutrition anytime in their life, which affected and stunted their physical growth e.g. war time malnutrition etc.  It will take 3 generations of adequate and proper nutrition to recover from that physical traumatic experience of theirs.

Edited by Fit4Masc

• 1 year later...

Over-eating is a big factor. Convenience of devices and other equipment that takes the effort of work out of the picture. Housework done by those who can afford maid. You can see as the wealth level of a family goes up, the fats goes up. Especially after marriage as the courting is over and done. Time to move to what they truly love... food.

Modern days has seen a slew of inventive way to feed you (and earn your money) and almost all are unhealthy food made with tons of sugar, starch and empty no nutrient carbohydrate that bulk you up, trigger you to eat more than you need and your body can not keep up with the extra food so store fat. We do not practice moderation.

We eat like we are not going to get food for days or training for the Olympics. But yet after that meal many sit about the whole day, the heaviest item they hold is their mobile phone. Sit in a mall for a day and look at the people and you can see why this country is getting more soft, rounded and unhealthy. These and thousands more reason why we are getting fatter more and more. till people give up and rather make fun of fit trim people and accuse them of "fat shaming us". The joke is on you as being fat WILL have a consequence on you. Not today but tomorrow. But for sure. Diabetes is a double-digit growth rate. Heart Disease is rising too. There is a turning point that will not exist if you pass it.

Your health is in your own hand. The internet is at your fingertips. The effort lies with you. The gains from health is yours. Stop looking at other fat people and complain or talk yourself out of doing something about it. Look at yourself in the mirror and do something about YOU. :P

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

1 minute ago, Kimochi said:

Food accessibility plays a part as well. Type of healthy food too . Imagine Japanese vs US people and their eating habit 

WTH ... Gong simi jiao wei? Japanese people got problems with food accessibility meh??? US people got no access to healthy food meh??? You really got no brains. 

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

WTH ... Gong simi jiao wei? Japanese people got problems with food accessibility meh??? US people got no access to healthy food meh??? You really got no brains. 

Read the second sentence. Dumb fuck. 

11 minutes ago, wilfgene said:

It's beneath you to reply.  Just say the choices make the man and parents, instead of semens and wombs.

Your replies always chim and in riddles.  LIKE ~

53 minutes ago, Kimochi said:

Only after you've edited. What a loser. 

You can see for yourself if posts had been edited. Besides, Guests cannot edit their posts, stupid. New age fatties still can lose weight; Old age stupids are forever. 

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

You can see for yourself if posts had been edited. Besides, Guests cannot edit their posts, stupid. New age fatties still can lose weight; Old age stupids are forever. 

Yawn ~ loser guest 

Guest EDMW BBFA

The ones whom u see are fat either from EDMW or they are married with kids... 99.9% of them have belly or turned fat when they are back for ICT. Of course there are the ones with skinny genes but are generally unfit or balding.

4 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Yawn ~ loser guest 

Aiyoh... Only a few responses and then must yawn already? You must rest more, otherwise whatever remaining brain cells you have might just die of exhaustion. 

5 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Aiyoh... Only a few responses and then must yawn already? You must rest more, otherwise whatever remaining brain cells you have might just die of exhaustion. 

You must have had a rough day, but I think you fucking deserve it. 

2 hours ago, Kimochi said:

You must have had a rough day, but I think you fucking deserve it. 

I think it's you who has been roughed up so bad that what you say makes no sense anymore. Oh wait... Maybe it's just because of your lack of brain cells, nothing more. 

7 hours ago, Kimochi said:

Reference videos. 

These two videos explain well the difference in size between the Japanese and the Americans.  There are cultural factors that cannot change very fast.

But for the individual,  you and me and everyone here,  there have never been so many resources that can help us to stay slim and healthy.

First comes the education.  Thanks to the internet we have all the information we need about nutrition, foods, all accessible to our typing fingers.

Then come the supplies.  Food from all over the world becomes available fast, local or by transport plane and ship, in refrigerated containers.

Then comes the equipment we all can have in our kitchens: freezers, refrigerators, microwave ovens, blenders, small electric ovens of any kind.

Compared to the work my parents had to feed the family, today my work to feed myself is very easy.

I could go to the huge groceries stores near home every one or two weeks and buy everything I need to eat, but I do it more often because I enjoy buying food, as much as I hate buying clothes.  I discovered a great variety of frozen vegetables that are as good as fresh ones and can be kept for a long time, the same as some fruits in the fridge. My breakfast is always the same:  a microwaved bowl of steel-cut oats, and a drink with one measure of whey protein isolate, 25 g of protein.   Every two days I cook lentils with (some frozen) vegetables for 4 meals during the 2 days (lunch and early dinner).  For the early dinner I prepare either fish (from frozen), lean beef or chicken breasts, mostly in the microwave.  My "menu" has stayed nearly the same for decades, only rotating some of its components.  I don't drink anything with meals, my food is not dry.

Not only now but also while I was working and married, I always ate home-cooked food.  I very seldom ate in the cafeteria of my company, but instead I walked into its gym and worked out over lunch, then ate out of my "brown bag".   I only ate with my colleagues, bosses, clients for social and business reasons.

I see no reasons why the new generation has to be fatter than the old one. It is a matter of education and habits, which need to be right.

Edited by Steve5380

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.