Male HQ

Katong Swimming Complex

On 5/27/2021 at 9:17 AM, ejszaka said:

I think one of the silliest thing they've ever done is to put doors for the cubicles, all in the name of privacy. All men in the showers, what's there to hide?  Even if really shy and kkj all shrunken from the swim, just turn your butt towards people lor ...  no one can see wan mah? 

Now need extra budget to install the doors.  Extra time to wash the doors. Have to maintain the hinges and locks. It's quite a no brainer no?  And if you wanna close the doors to shower, you gotta hang all the barang barang with the hook they give you, and risk getting it sprayed wet.

I can still remember pool showers used to be open .... like Bedok, RV, Tampines, Serangoon. Non wonder everything is more expensive these days!

You're the man, dude. Well said!

Does anyone know what's going on with this place lately during HA? Impossible to get a slot to swim ... same with most of the other pools. Reduced capacity until so chia lat? At one point I use to book for the slot when I am on the way there .... then suddenly...... 😠

On 6/7/2021 at 2:25 PM, swimboisg said:

Yup almost impossible to get the slots. And many people who book may not even turn up. Went for a swim at Clem pool 2 times last week. Less than 10 people in total turned up. I had the entire training pool to myself. 

just have to wait for the capacity change after HA.. 

I see.  They should just adopt the SAFRA system.  First come first served.  Just queue lor. This booking and not turning up is so unproductive. 

Last Friday 10 to 11 am you were swimming near the left side of the pool. You were wearing black swim wear with white broad stripes. Not sure if they were stripes but these were square cut trunks. You are not tall but you look quite cute. I saw you leave in gray shorts. Would like to know you. Maybe we can be friends or explore something fun. Hope you will see this.

Edited by Calvinwong
10 hours ago, Leanmeat said:

I tot book and no turn up will get banned ?

Yes, so that's my point book and book... still got people don't turn up.  Forget to cancel, and deprive other people of chances to swim, cos according to the app... it's fully booked liao. Just allow people to go there and queue lah. Restrict to one hour so there's always people coming and going .... why must have the rigid 9, 10, 11am entry? Maybe SportSG pools more people use .... my experience with SAFRA between 9 - 11 am, the queue moves, don't have to wait very long wan.

All said, I think they have relaxed the capacity liao.  Managed to book a couple days back and and the slots were  still available on the day itself.    

On 6/20/2021 at 1:11 PM, Tim Lee said:

Can wear G-string to tan at Katong swimming pool ? 
Care to advise ? 

I did before tanning there in my g-string but I tan far from the crowd and cover by the table to block the view to be seen

Guys, i have never been to katong swimming complex,

but can i ask how is the layout like? I only managed to see one instagram post of the shower area, but i only see the bench, seem like its very far from the shower cubicle and not practical to place our stuff there when we are showering. Anyone got photo or description of the layout 

• 9 months later...
On 4/4/2022 at 7:30 AM, Leanmeat said:

Now w the hourly booking difficult to cruise already I guess?

but also the layout has changed.

one row of showers, one row of toilets (doors do not reach the floor like before), and worst of all, a cleaner station right inside the change room.  All very open, maybe only the urinal corner slightly hidden.

oh, and maybe 1/3 of the change room is visible from outside (part of toilet cubicles and the wash basins)

On 4/4/2022 at 9:32 AM, And then said:

but also the layout has changed.

one row of showers, one row of toilets (doors do not reach the floor like before), and worst of all, a cleaner station right inside the change room.  All very open, maybe only the urinal corner slightly hidden.

oh, and maybe 1/3 of the change room is visible from outside (part of toilet cubicles and the wash basins)

Oh. Seriously. Ok. Thanks so much for the info. What's gone is gone I guess. Nothing to look forward already.

On 4/4/2022 at 6:34 PM, And then said:

still managed some fun with 2 guys though, so all is not lost

How did you manage to do that?  Please teach us. All the toilets and shower cubicles can see legs. It's a huge open square space ... the only area remotely hidden are the urinals... even that, it's quite open. 

Finally got round to trying the 'newly renovated' Katong pool, after such a long time. No idea what took them so long to complete the renovation (covid aside). It is still Work in progress.  Non stop pneumatic drilling and hacking at the old ladies' shower area to be converted into a gym and dance studio, and they suddenly rush to open in stages. Night swims will only start in 1 May. Wading pool area cordoned off, dunno what they are doing there.

The sky high flood lights are all gone and replaced with lower structures attached with motion sensors to detect drowning. The already super free life guards will no have nothing left to do and fall asleep (and fall off) their high chairs.

The men's changing room has been halved in sized. Square shaped and your eyes will see every corner of it the moment you step through the entrance. Cubicle doors stop short slightly above the ankle. One side is a row of 8 shower cubicles. Another side are 4 toilet cubicles, 2 of which are handicap friendly. The 3rd side has 5 sink basins. In the left corner are 5 urinals with partitions. One bench with hooks and such for you to disrobe. (Yes only one .... an elderly swimmer was griping to his friend, 8 people and no space to change liao, let alone socially distance when naked with masks off). This despite there being enough room in the changing room to do cartwheels in. Maybe more stocks of benches haven't arrived. Stuck in Shanghai/Guangzhou warehouse.

The new pool will be super family friendly and inclusive (elderly can gym, aunties can zumba, wheelchair bound can shower) .... but definitely no longer the playground it used to be for PLUs anymore.

IMG_1758.jpg

IMG_1759.jpg

IMG_1760.jpg

Seeing regular faces at the pool today. 
I hope there will be another bench added in the men’s changing room soon. 
Still have not locate any shower stall w strong water pressure. Eww. 
And … and… why did they even remove the wall clock?! Used to have 2 then when it’s reopened, there was still one. 
Today, I did not see any!!