Male HQ

Katong Swimming Complex

On 7/11/2022 at 2:28 PM, bluerunner said:

Eye candies for you. 

When I was there, no eye candy. Just a quite peaceful swim.

However, I noticed there is a manly hunky lifeguard there. He does not look like Chinese. Perhaps Pinoy.

Must check it out one of this days

On 7/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, bluerunner said:

Rather ‘crowded’ pool today. 
Some people who are clearly not able to swim one lap of the pool without stopping and should very well be at the training pool, still want to squeeze into a lane in the big pool but end up spending more

time dipping in water and occupying a lane. 
Scream school kids are hateful and I really missed Covid19 restrictions days where I would not meet these damn screaming kids. 
And … one more swim peeve - If you want to wear a (small) speedo cut swimwear, PLEASE do some house keeping down south. Letting your 发菜out from the top, sides and bottom of your swimwear before Chinese New Year is a big no no. It’s a turn off actually. Fugly to the max. 

Just now only 3 pax swimming and 2 tanning. 3pax got one is chiobu. 1 is dude with buoy (looks angmo and fit) and last one is me (no looks). 

When I left the pool there was a aqua blue trunks unker sitting outside the changing room. Wed I saw him too sitting outside, like never swim nor tan de.

Also someone left a dry Emporio Armani navy colored briefs on the bench..

On 7/26/2022 at 9:41 PM, Curiouskiwi said:

Also saw a youngish guy hanging around the changing room with his phone out a couple of days ago. Very uncomfortable.

I asked the lifeguard about the gym. He said it was opening in August and would be a seperate charge from the swimming pool. I’m sure it would still be cheap though. Can’t wait. 

I saw a young boy hanging in the changing room with his phone too

somewhat Eurasian looking

when we were outside of the changing area, he kept giving me the stares. got me a little 😕

Was at the pool just now. You came in black singlet and colorful trunks, changed outside and dived right in for many laps of freestyle. After that you just rinsed and dried up and left due to the impending rain. Hope to see you again and learn swimming from you.

Date: 7 Aug

I was expecting less people at the pool. I thought there will be many people taking Monday off to have a long weekend. I did not get that right. The crowded started coming in earlier than expected.  Heng, I was a little early at the pool. So, I managed to complete my laps before the crowded started to stream in.

Noticed one pool peeve. I share here:

This Chinese lady came to the pool with his Caucasian friend. The big pool was quite empty at that time. The Caucasian friend took the empty Lane #3. Lane #2, and Lane #4 onwards were empty. The CB chinese lady die die must squeeze into my lane! No "Excuse me, can I share your lane". Jump in and very self-entitled occupying the MIDDLE of the lane. Luckil, I saw here coming my way.

Well, I moved to Lane #2. No issue for me as it's empty anyway.

Here comes the irritating part. She frogged for 1 lap and rested at the end of the pool for dunno how long and frogged another lap. Less than 15minlater, I saw her getting out of the lane.

Such CB with bad swim etiquette are aplenty at our pool. Hope they can all be a little bit more gracious and have better swim etiquette. Perhaps, they need to be swam over to learn. 👿

Edited by bluerunner
On 8/7/2022 at 2:33 PM, bluerunner said:

Date: 7 Aug

On the eve of National Day, I was expecting less people at the pool. I thought there will be many people taking Monday off to have a long weekend. I did not get that right. The crowded started coming in earlier than expected.  Heng, I was a little early at the pool. So, I managed to complete my laps before the crowded started to stream in.

Noticed one pool peeve. I share here:

This Chinese lady came to the pool with his Caucasian friend. The big pool was quite empty at that time. The Caucasian friend took the empty Lane #3. Lane #2, and Lane #4 onwards were empty. The CB chinese lady die die must squeeze into my lane! No "Excuse me, can I share your lane". Jump in and very self-entitled occupying the MIDDLE of the lane. Luckil, I saw here coming my way.

Well, I moved to Lane #2. No issue for me as it's empty anyway.

Here comes the irritating part. She frogged for 1 lap and rested at the end of the pool for dunno how long and frogged another lap. Less than 15minlater, I saw her getting out of the lane.

Such CB with bad swim etiquette are aplenty at our pool. Hope they can all be a little bit more gracious and have better swim etiquette. Perhaps, they need to be swam over to learn. 👿

You got the date wrong too.

8 Aug is the eve of National Day not 7 Aug.😆

Edited by AllanKay
On 8/11/2022 at 6:28 PM, Curiouskiwi said:

Anybody have advice of when the best time to go to the pool is? I go regularly (after work or before close) but have only had one opportunity to show off for the guy in the stall next to me.

I’m guessing it’s all just luck:/

Wow lucky guy in the stall next to you

I guess weekends 12-2pm? When weather’s good

I was there today at 12 though. Pretty quiet but a few ajs 

On 8/18/2022 at 3:33 PM, mrjuicetiger said:

Quite a few ajs today

then came this guy that always pretend to text but he will hold his phone really high up to his face and at an angle. Always texting in the changing room

annoying

Be careful of such people. He could be recording or taking photo. 
Who is this person? Can describe him so that we can ‘siam’ the fella next time?

On 8/19/2022 at 1:45 PM, mrjuicetiger said:

Hmm hes slightly on the plump side with slightly long tinted hair. Very tanned though

Every time i bumped into him there hes always “texting” in the changing room 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Let’s try these:

1. How young or how old is he?

2. Specks?

3. What kind of swim wear? Triangular or square? What colours?

I noticed some old time cruisers have returned to the pool. Arghhh. Irritating sia. 
You know what’s the worst part? Want to see other men naked but he, himself is wrapped up like a bak Chang or cover here cover there acting virgin. Aiyoh … please lor. 

On 8/19/2022 at 3:33 PM, bluerunner said:

Let’s try these:

1. How young or how old is he?

2. Specks?

3. What kind of swim wear? Triangular or square? What colours?

I noticed some old time cruisers have returned to the pool. Arghhh. Irritating sia. 
You know what’s the worst part? Want to see other men naked but he, himself is wrapped up like a bak Chang or cover here cover there acting virgin. Aiyoh … please lor. 

Prolly early 40s. No specs. Didnt notice his swimwear cause not wanting to see it or give him any wrong impression orgh 

On 8/19/2022 at 7:45 PM, mrjuicetiger said:

Prolly early 40s. No specs. Didnt notice his swimwear cause not wanting to see it or give him any wrong impression orgh 

Think I know who!! 

If we are talking about the same person, this uncle always look at guys coming out of the shower cube naked de.

He is always covering here and there. And yes....his phone. 

If you see him, better don't appear naked in front of him. 

Avoid being in front of him.

On 8/19/2022 at 8:02 PM, bluerunner said:

Think I know who!! 

If we are talking about the same person, this uncle always look at guys coming out of the shower cube naked de.

He is always covering here and there. And yes....his phone. 

If you see him, better don't appear naked in front of him. 

Avoid being in front of him.

Indeed! I think i will tell him off the next time i see him with his phone pointing around 

wtf text so much in a shower room 

On 8/24/2022 at 1:08 PM, mrjuicetiger said:

Think its alright but i usually see those wearing gym shorts to swim at the practice pool

Today the swimming pool standard spiked during the lunch swim just now. Everyone was swimming furiously... Added to the heat were the dudes suntanning. One with the rock music, one with the specs (younger) and the gym mates..  burn baby burn~