Male HQ

Which laptop brand and model do you recommend? And why?

On 8/27/2022 at 9:44 AM, Firday said:

sorry for late response due to busy and just set up the laptop :

Pro

16inch view

1.7kg lite

finger key button for on and security

zoom with a1 webcam - u move to left, the cam aim u at central automatic, 

ai noise reduction - my fan can be mute out

super drive with huawei gadget - hardly use it

freebies

con:

abit high end price for i5 512gb

battery last about a day (high intensify viewing on youtube)

conclusion : a great steal for me since got big monitor for foc worth $498

due to lao hua eyesight -need a bigger frame

also got special blue for eye sight

hope the review to your satisfaction !

HUAWEI MateBook D 16 - HUAWEI Malaysia

Guest Guest IT

depending on users' requirement.

there are users who buy a laptop/computer with highest spec for the lowest usage, i.e., surf net, watch youtube

there are users who require higher specs but only willing to pay for the lowest cost getting the lowest specs.

there are another group of users who has budget constraint, however, know what they require and most of the time able to get what they need

the 1st 2 groups of pple are usually the ones who are not familiar with computers and thus, complaining after they bought it. e.g., computer too slow, cannot this and cannot that.

also, after using which ever made and model, software at times face issues that affect hardware. Probably due to virus or malwares, users will then complain the made and model is terrible, no good, blah blah blah. 

in today's world, who can assure that a product is issue free? if the company can, then there is no need to have what we call warranties and extended warranties. as well as anti-virus and anti malware software in the market. 

we know that there are alot sites with alot of virus and malwares and users using such sites still refused to invest in a good anti virus or anti malware software, but only complain on the computer being terrible after getting infected, this is 100% a user problem. 

when choosing your new computer, i.e., laptop, desktop, even a tablet, know what you need it for. get the specs that works for you and give it a 1 level up and include a extended warranty. this will at least allow you to use it for 3-5 years.

1 last point to note is the battery life, the number of hours the computer companies listed is tested based on minimum program even turned on, i.e., doing only 1 task and the rest of the programs being turned off. even the backlit keyboard consume battery. and not forgetting battery life gets shorter over time, just like mobile phone, you can send the laptop back to service centre to have them replace battery after 2-3 years of usage. as long as the laptop is under warranty, there is no service charges, only the cost for the battery incurs.

hope the above helps  

Guest Guest IT
On 9/6/2022 at 10:55 AM, Since u r here said:

i alwys Multi-task doing alot of things while watching youtube concurrently  , accessing one drive, and editing video/photos ....... using my broker investmt software too, analysing w Excel spreadsheet, checking out all my social media account(alot)

on average what shd a fully-charged normal laptop duration be (while doing the above-mentioned tasks)? 5hrs?

recently i think either a ransomeware or spyware sort of entered my computer, and its duration dropped dramatically 

previously it was good (newly bought just a few months ONLY) : previously it is from 7hrs, then (takes quite long) slowly drop to 6, then (after an hr) 5 then..........

Now it is horrendous it is 10hr, then 3, then back to 7immed back to 4.5, then to 5then drop to 4, then to 3......... its duration keep changing dramatically.....

couple of things may cause battery issue, may not be all i know.

1) a lot of programs running in background

2) laptop is on high heat

3) battery is faulty

Guest Guest IT
On 9/6/2022 at 6:55 PM, Since u r here said:

it cannot be item 2 or 3

it is 1) due to : spyware and ransomeware prog running behind?

knowing what is wrong with it and not fixing, i would say, LIVE WITH IT!

Guest Guest IT
On 9/6/2022 at 8:51 PM, Since u r here said:

how to even remove it? we set the virus scan alrdy but it detected nothing, what can we do? speak to it?

it is ez for u to say "live w it" 

if we are living with it , why do we even raise this up?

thought you are expert here giving advise to on what laptop is good, blah blah blah, but didnt know you dont know anti-virus and anti malware are 2 different softwares.

anti-virus may not be able to scan for all malwares

• 1 year later...
Guest Guest

Hi @JK2E4and @Rhyn, looking at past posts, would like to seek your expertise advices on the following, which is a good buy?

Option 1 and 2, mainly is either i5 or i7 processor, while option 3 is a different processor, possibly a newer one? Pardon me, not so IT-savvy in this area, thanks in advance.

Acer-1.jpg

Acer-2.jpg

Acer-3.jpg

Guest Guest
On 3/18/2024 at 11:33 AM, Rhyn said:

Option 2 🙂

Top up $100 for a better processor and more RAM, overall better value

Thanks @Rhynfor your reply. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.