Male HQ

What interests/Hobbies do you have outside work?

Looksee82

Hi guys,

Just dawned on me (duh), that I should develop interests, hobbies outside work. I am getting burnt out at work.

I enjoy cycling and reading. Some interests I would like to explore is camping, drawing, pottery... 

What do you do? Do you have side projects outside work?

Do share. thanks guys

• 2 weeks later...

LOL... it is so strange that this being a gay forum.... and no one has mentioned having sex as a hobby outside of work... hehehe

I'd love to imagine while baking... creaming a batch of butter and sugar... and having kitchen sex... mmmm... that would surely give the batter a good rise... just sayin...hehehe!!

-Baking... sex !

-listening to music... sex !

-exercise.... sex !

-gardening... sex !

-cooking.... food sex !!    oh... man...  better yet, wine tasting... and sex... Cheers guys!!!:thumb:

1 hour ago, mike_amk said:

LOL... it is so strange that this being a gay forum.... and no one has mentioned having sex as a hobby outside of work... hehehe

I'd love to imagine while baking... creaming a batch of butter and sugar... and having kitchen sex... mmmm... that would surely give the batter a good rise... just sayin...hehehe!!

-Baking... sex !

-listening to music... sex !

-exercise.... sex !

-gardening... sex !

-cooking.... food sex !!    oh... man...  better yet, wine tasting... and sex... Cheers guys!!!:thumb:

Sex as hobby  !!! Its passion for some, Its main objective for some.... but hobby i guess not. I wish it could be taken as a hobby though. Most people are not that lucky that it can be picked up or dropped as a hobby.... i guess

2 hours ago, JamesAdmas said:

Sex as hobby  !!! Its passion for some, Its main objective for some.... but hobby i guess not. I wish it could be taken as a hobby though. Most people are not that lucky that it can be picked up or dropped as a hobby.... i guess

It was "tongue in cheek" bro.... hehehe  just being naughty here !!!  :whistle:Cheers

errm... perhaps "Tongue in Ass" is more appropriate... since this is a gay forum... I'm just being naughtier.... hehehe:smokin:

Edited by mike_amk
more info

Hahaha
for me, just surf the web (youtube or google anything that is totally random like how to do pottery ? haha )

, listening some cool music while playing mobile games like MLBB, Ragnarok online.
Gym and jogging too when i still have some energy to burn..

weekends depend on mood, cooking, or hang out with friends, playing darts,

haha of coz sex if i got a partner

Edited by ThePineapple

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

• 1 year later...

Way too many and loving them all every minute of it especially during COVID19. And that has not even covered sex yet. heheh

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

• 2 months later...
On 7/5/2019 at 10:24 PM, Looksee82 said:

Hi guys,

Just dawned on me (duh), that I should develop interests, hobbies outside work. I am getting burnt out at work.

I enjoy cycling and reading. Some interests I would like to explore is camping, drawing, pottery... 

What do you do? Do you have side projects outside work?

Do share. thanks guys

One thing is getting burnt out at work.  Another is to end all work. 

Interests, hobbies are so much more important after retirement,  when work is not there anymore.

It is wise to prepare for this time with sufficient anticipation by taking on other interests outside work.

One thing I have found smart is to concentrate in self-improvement.  

The idea that at retirement self-improvements are worthless because death follows soon, is wrong.

Here are my interests that grew outside of a long, interesting technical career:

- Gym.  This one I took on decades before retirement, and it has paid off beautifully. I have not lost most of my strength.  My training has been mostly individual and not competitive, except competing against myself. Aerobics while younger, now mostly weight training with stationary aerobics (rowing machine)

- Music: From being a fan of classical music all my life, now I dedicate plenty of time to improve my piano playing. I notice that it exercises nicely the brain to memorize music.

- Aikido martial art:  I took this on after my 70s and I cannot be more satisfied.  I bore everyone with my recommendation for this training. It is social, but not competitive.

- Return to electronics: I got briefly interested in reconditioning my old electronic instruments after joining a group of fans of old Tektronix oscilloscopes and other hardware which is today dead cheap and has become classic. A nice appreciation of the past, and a useful resource for an electrical engineer.

- Travel overseas:  I have been doing this for about 15 years, a kind of sex tourism that gives me the thrill of an activity that is not intellectual.

- Doing house work in these days of pandemic isolation:  I enjoy buying food and cooking for myself, the same for other household chores. 

- Maintaining my 3 cars, the oldest being 26 years old. I do all the repairs, this gives me the satisfaction of being self-sufficient.

• 1 month later...

Drawing is an art practice when we convey what we see and think into paper via hand movement.

It is a therapeutic form of self expression that helps us to breakaway from our routine and life busyness, pause and to explore new experience and connection. 

Very Small Exhibition, Chong & MTSL_漫调思理 would like to invite you to join us in a life figure drawing of a yoga teacher session on 28 Feb 2021, Sunday, 3pm to 5pm at Goodman Arts Centre.

This session would be a trial session of 2 hours. Open to all levels. No prior experience required. An art therapist will be there during the session should anyone need guidance.

There is a nominal fee of $25 per person for this trial session. Fee includes rental of the studio, materials and light refreshments.

Please register your interest via whatsapp to 90113220 (Andrew). Seats are limited so do register early. Feel free to text me if you have any question regarding this session.

Edited by A & BW

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...