Male HQ

Buying house

Hi,

Im 29 this year, thinking of getting own house when i reached 35,  i know that i can find another single person to share to purchase a house, may i know what will be the down-payment for cash if buying resales flat? and is there any other requirement ? and is there anyone willing to purchase shared house?

2 hours ago, soffa88 said:

Hi,

Im 29 this year, thinking of getting own house when i reached 35,  i know that i can find another single person to share to purchase a house, may i know what will be the down-payment for cash if buying resales flat? and is there any other requirement ? and is there anyone willing to purchase shared house?

At 35, u don't need share ownership. 

You can own one hdb. 

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Sport-coholic
10 hours ago, soffa88 said:

Hi,

There're still 6 years, rules may change again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 9:17 PM, soffa88 said:

Hi,

More discussion about this at the thread here:

On 7/9/2019 at 9:17 PM, soffa88 said:

Hi,

But to answer your qns briefly:

1) Down-payment:

- 10% of selling price (payable via CPF): if taking loan from HDB/not taking loan at all.

- 25% of selling price (not sure if all can be from CPF): If taking Bank Loan.

2) If you reach 35 liao, you no need find 2nd person to buy either BTO or resale flat; You can have sole ownership. Only if you buying BEFORE 35 then you need another person to tag the house to.

3) Other requirements:

- Max income, i think. Cannot be earning more than 6k per month, or so.

- Cannot have another house liao, be it local or overseas.

- Be Singapore Citizen.

For detailed discussion, please check the linked topic.

• 1 year later...
On 12/24/2020 at 12:04 AM, Thomstin said:

Loans are a very tricky subject. From my point of view, if you want to stay safe, don't get into debt. Better wait a little time, make your own money, and buy your house. I have my property for 25 years, and I am very pleased with it. Recently, I decided to change the floor because it was a little old. I contacted the guys from a great company on our local market, they came with Composite Decking, that I enjoyed very much. Experts used only the best materials on market. They have finished their work in a very short period. I recommend them!

Am I the only one feel that this is an advertisement? Ha....

Anyway,  I don't think is a good idea to wait, property prices in SG will only goes up,  if u want to wait till u can fully pay off,  u may never get to buy a house.  

A housing loan is inevitable for most singles unless u r looking at just a 2 room BTO or your parents are assisting u financially. Important thing is to buy a house within your limits and if there is an extra room,  rent it out and let tenant help to pay your loan.