Male HQ

Badly Designed Bus Stops

Guest Waste Money

Guest Waste Money

I am so sick and tired of the failings of this country...things cannot seam to work. It is so stressed living here...

This week alone, we had the Huawei saga and now this...

I am waitinh for the inefficient bus now in the bus stop. I noticed how badly designed it is. The sun is blazing directly, the heat is unbearable! The seats are metal, the structure is metal, all making it so hot! How are we suppose to tahan in this kind of heat? Whoever came up with this design got use brains or not? Had they actually used the bus stops? Whoever approved this also another kind..why was it approved?  

Was any consideration given to the young and old? They must be suffering under this intense heat! Sit on metal seats also very hot! All these cost millions of dollars!! 

I really ta boleh tahan! What is happening to singapore! We are going downhill every day!

Guest Happie
20 minutes ago, Guest Waste Money said:

I am so sick and tired of the failings of this country...things cannot seam to work. It is so stressed living here...

I am waitinh for the inefficient bus now in the bus stop. I noticed how badly designed it is. The sun is blazing directly, the heat is unbearable! The seats are metal, the structure is metal, all making it so hot! How are we suppose to tahan in this kind of heat? Whoever came up with this design got use brains or not? Had they actually used the bus stops? Whoever approved this also another kind..why was it approved?  

Was any consideration given to the young and old? They must be suffering under this intense heat! Sit on metal seats also very hot! All these cost millions of dollars!! 

I really ta boleh tahan! What is happening to singapore! We are going downhill every day!

Go to Malaysia then.  No one is going to miss you. 

The designer and the approver don't take bus.

:huh:

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

5 hours ago, Guest Waste Money said:

You have a valid point.  And it is not only the waste of money,  it is subjecting the public to something harmful.  (these bus stops won't be replaced because they are hot,  they may be left there to punish people for fifty years!    Such incompetence in the public and private sector should be punished.  The responsible should be sued and fired or made to pay damages. 

18 hours ago, Guest Waste Money said:

what do you want them to do? tell the sun to not to shine? change all the roads such that it doesn't face the direction of the sunshine? even if the metal seats are replaced with plastic seats, it will still crisp under the sun and waste millions of dollars. and the sun will still shine in the same direction making it hot anyway. are you going to sit on a seat with the sun shining in even if the seat is cooling? there's really only this much that can be done unless you want lta to air-condition every shelter. naive and entitled people like you is why there's the huawei saga.

24 minutes ago, rahrahrah said:

what do you want them to do? tell the sun to not to shine? change all the roads such that it doesn't face the direction of the sunshine? even if the metal seats are replaced with plastic seats, it will still crisp under the sun and waste millions of dollars. and the sun will still shine in the same direction making it hot anyway. are you going to sit on a seat with the sun shining in even if the seat is cooling? there's really only this much that can be done unless you want lta to air-condition every shelter. naive and entitled people like you is why there's the huawei saga.

Can't agree more. It is one thing to make constructive suggestions, it is another just to shout blame and complaint.

Guest design flaws

just wonder if this is the only bad designed thing in Singapore?

Looking at some MRT interchanges like Bugis or the creation of busstops nearer to new MRT lines seems something so unthinkable in a "want to be first world" transport hub.

But reminding me when I had to visit a certain flat at Pungol some years ago, I actually wanted to know the guy who was in charge of the numbering of blocks n streets...

Guest Guest
13 hours ago, Guest design flaws said:

just wonder if this is the only bad designed thing in Singapore?

Looking at some MRT interchanges like Bugis or the creation of busstops nearer to new MRT lines seems something so unthinkable in a "want to be first world" transport hub.

But reminding me when I had to visit a certain flat at Pungol some years ago, I actually wanted to know the guy who was in charge of the numbering of blocks n streets...

Thats why! I felt our country is going downhill. The design is so bad. Hdb design is so ugly. Look at how even parks loke bishan park is designed?? No shelter? Expect the old and young to walk under the hot sun? Look at how marina bay is designed! It serves the rich, where is the place that the vast majority of singaporeans representes in marina bay? Look at changi airport! Its so badly designed that it needs constant works done, everytime got renovation wasting millions, always expanding again and again like they have no foresight! Now build jewel which is fast becoming a white elephant! Its so embarassing to live in singapore as many overseas friends either snigger or pity us singaporeans.

Guest design flaws
14 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Thats why! I felt our country is going downhill. The design is so bad. Hdb design is so ugly. Look at how even parks loke bishan park is designed?? No shelter? Expect the old and young to walk under the hot sun? Look at how marina bay is designed! It serves the rich, where is the place that the vast majority of singaporeans representes in marina bay? Look at changi airport! Its so badly designed that it needs constant works done, everytime got renovation wasting millions, always expanding again and again like they have no foresight! Now build jewel which is fast becoming a white elephant! Its so embarassing to live in singapore as many overseas friends either snigger or pity us singaporeans.

Why need shelters at parks if they have a lot of big trees to stand below and watch how the tree falls down...  and free sniggers from the monkeys... ???

Guest design flaws
On 7/31/2019 at 2:28 PM, Nightingale said:

In the case of sudden heavy rains.

But at Bishan Park the river was "re-naturated" (some may say de-naturated), on sudden heavy rains expect the waters to flash you away into the natural waterway. No need for any shelters!

Just leave it natural. Any shelters would result in trees to be cut and to make the area look very artificial.

Anyway the Bishan Park has plenty of shelters...  I counted 12 shelters at Bishan Park. Seems to be fake news.

https://www.streetdirectory.com/stock_images/travel/scenery_normal/11048448090175/Bishan_Park,_Shelter/

https://www.nparks.gov.sg/gardens-parks-and-nature/parks-and-nature-reserves/bishan---ang-mo-kio-park

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.