Fish full of mercury

Mercy, mercy me

Things ain't what they used to be, no no

Radiation under ground and in the sky

Animals and birds who live nearby are dying

Mercy, mercy me

Things ain't what they used to be

What about this overcrowded land

How much more abuse from man can she stand?

Nothing fancy or glamourous, just simplistic rendition. Almost motherly like recitation of a bedtime stories. Giving you a sense of warmth, the greatness of a Mother's love. Hope it bring you peace on a quiet sunny Sunday afternoon. 

6 hours ago, Since u r here said:

yah actually i didnt know who is Cher (read as "Share"), she is emotionally touched (not sure are her tears real??)
but after seeing Adam's , oh dear , i m not really a fan of Adam since his winning(i find him rather "Loud") , now i knew why he has so many fans, and hopefully not out of the closet right?
now after seeing this wonderful interpretation, i felt he is tamed and well controlled (he wasnt loud at this event ) 

ssssshhhhhh since u know the secret, i been silently keep repeating this piece, by the way , the original singer done a "disco"/upbeat version of that song too...but i didnt quite like it (remix or whatever u call) 

Actually I didn't know a lot about Cher either before I watched Queer as folk and Broken Girls (I think you must know). After that I come to realize that she is one of gay icons like Madonna, Lady Gaga, who is always a pioneer in support of the minority and won Grammy, Oscar and Emmy Awards. Gays are always proud of her for her outstanding achievements, and many of them find anticipations for the future from her songs like BELIEVE. 

As for Adam, he is also a gay and he is proud of this. I didnt know  much about him before and even cannt get his glamour before I listened to this cover. Its really touching and moves me, I always think the charm of music is you always can find sympathy in these lyrics and melody regardless of your nation or background. Personally, music is part of my life, I cannot live with it haha.

Btw the meaning of the original vision is that its the first time to use Auto-tune in record production ( though i don't know what it is = =). But I love Adam's vision more~

Edited by Zzzink

12 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

I swear i dont know those movies

actually i supported some singers / actors r really purely bcos of their proudctions and talents, but somehow i didnt have a good impression of Lambert cos i followed shows like Amer idols, singing competitions etc b it china or whichever nation(as u mentioned)

he even done Queen’s songs! Freddie Mercury is gay, u know?

glad that u only fell in luv w him due to this cover

Okay, then I kindly recommend the series especially QAF. 

I don't watch AI too often but my friends do. He especially loves Haley Reinhart of SE10 and almost affects me haha. Personally, one of the best cover works she makes is Can't help falling in love. Thats always a song echoing at night in my mind when I cant fall asleep. 

I know Freddie Mercury.  "Nothing really matters nothing really matters to m~e~ "haha

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Guest Hazily Instructor

The thread about Donna Summer reminded me that Selena did a great disco medley in 1995 which included mini-covers of hits by Gloria Gaynor, Lipps Incorporated, Van McCoy, and Donna Summer. She also recorded a full cover version of "Last Dance" but was killed not long after this concert by the manager of her fan club who was suspected of embezzling money. One of the first big acting roles for Jennifer Lopez was playing Selena in a film about her life. Lots of people felt Selena was going to become the first Mexican-American crossover mega-star if she hadn't been murdered just as her fame was starting to take off in the English language music world.

Guest To Perth Mirth Girth Berth

Darren Espanto, runner-up for Season One of "The Voice Kids - Philippines" back in 2014, covering "Never Enough" by Loren Allred / Kelly Clarkson (Video time is 4:02).

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.