Male HQ

Hello, all! Mooncake season is here! I have yet to go down to taka to taste test the different mooncakes! Could any of you guys recommend me which brand of mooncakes do you guys usually go for? Many thanks in advance!:D

3 minutes ago, holyavenger said:

I've heard abt Peony Jade! yes quite old school! But how about the brand fairmont? Any thoughts? Anyways, it will not end up in my stomach so it's okay haha!

yep try their yam with pumpkim one... it's good ! haha

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

who prefer to buy because of packaging?? like for its Lights & lamp after consumption?
https://singapore.concordehotelsresorts.com/offer/tantalizing-traditional-mid-autumn-festival-mooncakes?fbclid=IwAR2UBuhoYZAN7MvAm0YkFPYJX5w-BpsNjvWtPWaXo9ktn1GE2CC5wtYgzik

i like the Yuzu from Fairmont previously but ....not sure whether they have consistency and i m quite fussy when it comes to taste 

1 minute ago, holyavenger said:

I've heard abt Peony Jade! yes quite old school! But how about the brand fairmont? Any thoughts? Anyways, it will not end up in my stomach so it's okay haha!

i dont mind forgoin taste for this bluetooth speaker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but in KL! Fuck man!Fuck!
we have previously discussed about mcakes , not knowing there is another thread here

anyone attempted doing on their own ? Ondeh flav?

3 minutes ago, ThePineapple said:

old school is traditional one... i find  that is too dry for my liking... haha

Yam is old sch for teochews too

so long u picked the right brand, it wont be dried, trust me! ( for baked type)

2 minutes ago, ThePineapple said:

yep try their yam with pumpkim one... it's good ! haha

Ah i shall, but im going for something that is value for money and not overpriced like mariott or ritz carlton. that being said, price is not an issue if the taste can justify it's price tag!

i shall see who love the brand (from a hotel) i have been eating for years!!!!Consistently good with innovations too....

Many died for Raffles, goodness  , they have not seen what is really better ones

Anyway Big Names like Peony jade are linked to the hotels they are situated at too....

Edited by Since u r here

1 minute ago, holyavenger said:

Ah i shall, but im going for something that is value for money and not overpriced like mariott or ritz carlton. that being said, price is not an issue if the taste can justify it's price tag!

all the hotels are of that similar pricing , cheapo Breadtalk wont do it any cheaper too (cos in Sg, mcakes are exorbitantly priced all along)

anyway , Marriott and many has early bird promo from 35%, now it is 30% which is not too bad 
None of us pick because of the Hotel branding, but more of its consistency over the years ...

but glad that one of u picked and pay for the container  (so heavy with free stuff that hardly anyone uses) solely and this (not from a hotel, many tend to  have a misperception that hotel is out to earn, wrong!) even with its discount, dont think u can bring it home without forking MORE than 80sgd:
https://www.awfullychocolate.com/mid-autumn-2019/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIg9756_mJ5AIVhzUrCh3bQQRhEAAYASAAEgLM6PD_BwE

worst, no sampling is ALLOWED!

9 minutes ago, holyavenger said:

this year i thinking try bakerzin too... quite cheap and affordable too

38 minutes ago, deathblade88 said:

spacer.pngThis kind de mah ?

yep yep... haha

20 minutes ago, holyavenger said:

Do they have a booth in taka too?:0

no idea... need check online

8 minutes ago, Euclid said:

Nowadays it's all about gimmick. You pay more for design and packaging, rather than the mooncakes.

FB_IMG_1566049094501.jpg

FB_IMG_1566049076694.jpg

FB_IMG_1566049062038.jpg

FB_IMG_1566049131350.jpg

FB_IMG_1566049103155.jpg

Ya, i saw the cup one! Looks so oriental so cute also haha!

9 minutes ago, holyavenger said:

i would assume you would be the first in line right?:)

As a mark of respect for the host of this thread, I would consider being second or thereafter:rolleyes::P

10 hours ago, Euclid said:

Nowadays it's all about gimmick. You pay more for design and packaging, rather than the mooncakes.

FB_IMG_1566049076694.jpg

FB_IMG_1566049062038.jpg

Hi

Which co. Is the one w the free teapot set???

sweeheng bakery 1989 also giving out too at zero costs, the pricing of their mcakes are exactly like theirs of last year.

(Ref to pics- the one at the bottom base is my fav brand)

Dont be naive to alwys believe taka means mcake booth

tangs at vivocity also have booths too, best: tangs mbrs enjoy rebates too!!!!

anything wu ren or yam is fine but really not into them

i hope no1 still goes to 大中国 pastry shop to purchase??

was chatting w neighbour, she felt those better ones r from hotels too!!! (Not raffles again pls) consistently good!!(eg the one at the bottom base is my fav brand)

Anyone goin kL westin?? (Shown at my earlier thread) Can help to get the bluetooth speaker mcake box for me!?? I can transfer cash to u first, plsssss

E8F2649C-ABB7-4359-AA1D-68AE278C5E64.jpeg

Edited by Since u r here

7 hours ago, holyavenger said:

I like nuts, but that looks overkill! XD

Usually a typical 五仁月饼🥮 old school

worst if the co. Cannot bake it smooth for consumption, precisely an overkill like u mentioned 

Never a Breadtalk group (more so if u read their latest hard truths*)supporter but they r trying to do u guys a favour as none would opt to fly to Hk for now: Hang Heung ‘s wife pastries is yummy but its mooncake is just ok

HAng heung is never a cheap brand hence u can imagine its pricing if breadtalk brings it over amidst their loss announcement*

Sexy”brief”case anyone?? I will prefer to re use such containers whenever possible

i noticed the ladies tend to snatch those with bags eg bakerzin previously

https://crowne-plaza-changi-airport.myshopify.com/collections/mooncakes-2019/products/baked-mooncakes-gold-dusted-black-sesame-with-melon-seeds-box-of-4

And jackfruit somemore w free dining at your “crown” jewel /changi airpot

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/breadtalk-ceo-resigns-for-health-reasons

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

Never a Breadtalk group (more so if u read their latest hard truths*)supporter but they r trying to do u guys a favour as none would opt to fly to Hk for now: Hang Heung ‘s wife pastries is yummy but its mooncake is just ok

HAng heung is never a cheap brand hence u can imagine its pricing if breadtalk brings it over amidst their loss announcement*

Sexy”brief”case anyone?? I will prefer to re use such containers whenever possible

i noticed the ladies tend to snatch those with bags eg bakerzin previously

https://crowne-plaza-changi-airport.myshopify.com/collections/mooncakes-2019/products/baked-mooncakes-gold-dusted-black-sesame-with-melon-seeds-box-of-4

And jackfruit somemore w free dining at your “crown” jewel /changi airpot

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/breadtalk-ceo-resigns-for-health-reasons

Nani! The briefcase looks legit haha. Dunno, next time evolve into what liao. Maybe, a car? LOL

1 hour ago, holyavenger said:

Nani! The briefcase looks legit haha. Dunno, next time evolve into what liao. Maybe, a car? LOL

Yup i felt so too, even if it is too loud, one can use it at co. functions like D&D or special events/parties 

the lamp from Concorde is useful too, if u need to change your house feel (if u have been following the postings) and i love the bluetooth speaker! from KL ONLY!!!

I dont think Fairmont free any teapot set, the teacups are plainly for decor
https://celebrationscentral.com.sg/mooncake/products

but swee heng 1989 will  be givg out free teapot set  as mentioned above

The "moon" in my bedroom (without switching on any lights), haha.

spacer.png

A nice decorative feature which could be used as night lighting.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Any review on Oreo's?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

2 hours ago, sphere said:

spacer.png

For a moment I thought it was a blue mooncake, then a moonstone ... then I realise it is a luminous light refelector and nice one! A joker are you? 

2 minutes ago, Dart said:

For a moment I thought it was a blue mooncake, then a moonstone ... then I realise it is a luminous light refelector and nice one! A joker are you? 

Haha, joker I am not, just showing what Concorde Mooncakes gave - a "moon" for us to keep (or a night light for the elders eh), and there is no special packaging for the mooncakes.

6 minutes ago, sphere said:

Haha, joker I am not, just showing what Concorde Mooncakes gave - a "moon" for us to keep (or a night light for the elders eh), and there is no special packaging for the mooncakes.

I see. How creative marketing nowadays.

On 8/18/2019 at 7:55 PM, sphere said:

spacer.png

most importantly how was concorde's mooncake
it must have come vacuumed-pack too? usually all vac packed mcakes tend to be very "waxy"

Dnt think such biscuit mfgr can do good mooncakes, fanciful but .........

10 hours ago, Since u r here said:

most importantly how was concorde's mooncake
it must have come vacuumed-pack too? usually all vac packed mcakes tend to be very "waxy"

Yes, indeed vacuumed-packed, their mooncakes were ordinary, nothing to shout about.

To begin with, their brand was not "famous" for mooncake anyway eh, haha.

1 minute ago, sphere said:

Yes, indeed vacuumed-packed, their mooncakes were ordinary, nothing to shout about.

To begin with, their brand was not "famous" for mooncake anyway eh, haha.

Do famous brands, do vacummed packed mooncakes? How long would the shelf life be?:0

6 hours ago, holyavenger said:

Do famous brands, do vacummed packed mooncakes? How long would the shelf life be?:0

Yes many big names and esp those who imported over from overseas mcake centralised kitchen or ovrseas suppliers tend to have to be vac packed

to me, i find vac packed tend to have a coat of wax on their mooncakes

and majority are packed in vac 

10 minutes ago, holyavenger said:

I usually don't eat baked mooncake, and I didn't take note of the expiry date - which I would assume it to last 1-2 months under unwrapped condition (best is to check the expiry date on the package). Whenever I happen to have baked mooncakes, I would pass it on to family/friends/colleagues.

I would assume it to last 1-2 months under unwrapped condition (best is to check the expiry date on the package).

The traditional mcakes can be stored for a year if kept in fridge 🤣 I'm not joking hor...

Whenever I happen to have baked mooncakes, I would pass it on to family/friends/colleagues.

@sphere I think we are friends/ colleagues ba....don't forget to pass me one eh... One is good enough for me liao. Hahaha

Guest Packer
5 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Yes many big names and esp those who imported over from overseas mcake centralised kitchen or ovrseas suppliers tend to have to be vac packed

to me, i find vac packed tend to have a coat of wax on their mooncakes

and majority are packed in vac 

Vacuum pack or airtight packaging?

On 8/18/2019 at 10:17 PM, sphere said:

Hey! I saw this too in KL. It’s available in SG? How much?

13 hours ago, Euclid said:

The traditional mcakes can be stored for a year if kept in fridge 🤣 I'm not joking hor...

I didn't say you joke what, haha.

But like I said I don't like baked mooncakes, I prefer snow skin mooncakes.

13 hours ago, Euclid said:

@sphere I think we are friends/ colleagues ba....don't forget to pass me one eh... One is good enough for me liao. Hahaha

Quoted me already still need to mention me ah, you so "desperate" meh?   :P 

This set (probably the only set) of baked mooncakes already passed to my mother wor.

Next time, if there is such a chance ever again? Haha.

5 hours ago, HC-B said:

Hey! I saw this too in KL. It’s available in SG? How much?

The original price ranges from $70 to $78 (depends on the flavour and with/without yolks) for 4 baked mooncakes, and that free "moon".
I bought them at a discounted price.

23 hours ago, Euclid said:

Nobody will keep it for that long and some bakeries will offer discount when mid-autumn is about to end... so good that u guys knw one another

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

counter