Male HQ

Mooncake brands

3 minutes ago, holyavenger said:

I've heard abt Peony Jade! yes quite old school! But how about the brand fairmont? Any thoughts? Anyways, it will not end up in my stomach so it's okay haha!

yep try their yam with pumpkim one... it's good ! haha

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

2 minutes ago, ThePineapple said:

yep try their yam with pumpkim one... it's good ! haha

Ah i shall, but im going for something that is value for money and not overpriced like mariott or ritz carlton. that being said, price is not an issue if the taste can justify it's price tag!

9 minutes ago, holyavenger said:

Ah i shall, but im going for something that is value for money and not overpriced like mariott or ritz carlton. that being said, price is not an issue if the taste can justify it's price tag!

this year i thinking try bakerzin too... quite cheap and affordable too

approval.png.5049b8bf793949ee27c5a7e76f11054d.png

1 hour ago, Since u r here said:

Never a Breadtalk group (more so if u read their latest hard truths*)supporter but they r trying to do u guys a favour as none would opt to fly to Hk for now: Hang Heung ‘s wife pastries is yummy but its mooncake is just ok

HAng heung is never a cheap brand hence u can imagine its pricing if breadtalk brings it over amidst their loss announcement*

Sexy”brief”case anyone?? I will prefer to re use such containers whenever possible

i noticed the ladies tend to snatch those with bags eg bakerzin previously

https://crowne-plaza-changi-airport.myshopify.com/collections/mooncakes-2019/products/baked-mooncakes-gold-dusted-black-sesame-with-melon-seeds-box-of-4

And jackfruit somemore w free dining at your “crown” jewel /changi airpot

https://www.straitstimes.com/business/companies-markets/breadtalk-ceo-resigns-for-health-reasons

Nani! The briefcase looks legit haha. Dunno, next time evolve into what liao. Maybe, a car? LOL

The "moon" in my bedroom (without switching on any lights), haha.

spacer.png

A nice decorative feature which could be used as night lighting.

Happy - is what we should be, always.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

2 hours ago, sphere said:

The "moon" in my bedroom (without switching on any lights), haha.

spacer.png

A nice decorative feature which could be used as night lighting.

For a moment I thought it was a blue mooncake, then a moonstone ... then I realise it is a luminous light refelector and nice one! A joker are you? 

2 minutes ago, Dart said:

For a moment I thought it was a blue mooncake, then a moonstone ... then I realise it is a luminous light refelector and nice one! A joker are you? 

Haha, joker I am not, just showing what Concorde Mooncakes gave - a "moon" for us to keep (or a night light for the elders eh), and there is no special packaging for the mooncakes.

Notice: I DO NOT use the Chat Function in this Forum - this has always been written in my profile (and I don't read it too).

{it is unfortunate that this new Chat Function does not allow users to turn/switch off in mobile phone}

6 minutes ago, sphere said:

Haha, joker I am not, just showing what Concorde Mooncakes gave - a "moon" for us to keep (or a night light for the elders eh), and there is no special packaging for the mooncakes.

I see. How creative marketing nowadays.

10 hours ago, Since u r here said:

most importantly how was concorde's mooncake
it must have come vacuumed-pack too? usually all vac packed mcakes tend to be very "waxy"

Yes, indeed vacuumed-packed, their mooncakes were ordinary, nothing to shout about.

To begin with, their brand was not "famous" for mooncake anyway eh, haha.

1 minute ago, sphere said:

Yes, indeed vacuumed-packed, their mooncakes were ordinary, nothing to shout about.

To begin with, their brand was not "famous" for mooncake anyway eh, haha.

Do famous brands, do vacummed packed mooncakes? How long would the shelf life be?:0

10 minutes ago, holyavenger said:

Do famous brands, do vacummed packed mooncakes? How long would the shelf life be?:0

I usually don't eat baked mooncake, and I didn't take note of the expiry date - which I would assume it to last 1-2 months under unwrapped condition (best is to check the expiry date on the package). Whenever I happen to have baked mooncakes, I would pass it on to family/friends/colleagues.

I would assume it to last 1-2 months under unwrapped condition (best is to check the expiry date on the package).

The traditional mcakes can be stored for a year if kept in fridge 🤣 I'm not joking hor...

Whenever I happen to have baked mooncakes, I would pass it on to family/friends/colleagues.

@sphere I think we are friends/ colleagues ba....don't forget to pass me one eh... One is good enough for me liao. Hahaha

Guest Packer
5 hours ago, Since u r here said:

Yes many big names and esp those who imported over from overseas mcake centralised kitchen or ovrseas suppliers tend to have to be vac packed

to me, i find vac packed tend to have a coat of wax on their mooncakes

and majority are packed in vac 

Vacuum pack or airtight packaging?

On 8/18/2019 at 10:17 PM, sphere said:

Hey! I saw this too in KL. It’s available in SG? How much?

13 hours ago, Euclid said:

The traditional mcakes can be stored for a year if kept in fridge 🤣 I'm not joking hor...

I didn't say you joke what, haha.

But like I said I don't like baked mooncakes, I prefer snow skin mooncakes.

13 hours ago, Euclid said:

@sphere I think we are friends/ colleagues ba....don't forget to pass me one eh... One is good enough for me liao. Hahaha

Quoted me already still need to mention me ah, you so "desperate" meh?   :P 

This set (probably the only set) of baked mooncakes already passed to my mother wor.

Next time, if there is such a chance ever again? Haha.

5 hours ago, HC-B said:

Hey! I saw this too in KL. It’s available in SG? How much?

The original price ranges from $70 to $78 (depends on the flavour and with/without yolks) for 4 baked mooncakes, and that free "moon".
I bought them at a discounted price.

39 minutes ago, Since u r here said:

Anyone will be at KL ; coming over to sg??? Can help to carry this back? - will transfer money to u first.... Plssssssssss

but do test the wireless speaker (it will light up too)pls......

arigato! 

Wow, still thinking of the Bluetooth speaker arh? 非常痴情

3 minutes ago, Zomgzmg said:

for durian snowskin, my ride or die is from home's favourite (their bestseller one) omfg so good really taste like pure, unadulterated durian. #notsponsored

Cannot disagree more...especially the jelly type yellow durian mooncake. But at $98 for 4 woh...

10 hours ago, Euclid said:

Cannot disagree more...especially the jelly type yellow durian mooncake. But at $98 for 4 woh...

you mean you don't like durian mooncake? what is this "jelly type yellow durian mooncake"? 

the home's favourite one worth the price! can get from those mall fair for discount. i got mine at taka at 15% disc

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/2/2022 at 6:56 PM, Since u r here said:

u like mcakes alot too??

yes, for me!

which are the usual brands u like in the past?
I hope it is not raffles hotel!

I haven’t buy any for years as I receive from friends. But 1 particular mooncake which shocked me as it was really good was from JB. I cannot remember which confectionery liao. If we go way back, i think the last time i bought was at taka’s mooncake fair. Wahahahahaaa…

Raffles hotel yes I did buy before coz it’s branded and “famous”. But nowadays i also stop buying for people liao. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i would go for branded if it is gift to associates. mooncakes which are used as show off. usually most mooncake nowadays tasted almost that same. sometimes one factory can make mooncakes for multiple brands. worst when some mooncake forsake the use of lard.

a few years back, i came across an old connfectionary which makes traditional mooncakes by hand in malaysia. as they insist that they do not use preservative, they only starts selling more varieties a week before mid autumn and often sold out.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.