Male HQ

Coffee machine & capsules/pods

Guest Lakopi

Guest Lakopi

With so many coffee machine in the market, I'm wondering which coffee machine you bought and prefer?

I personally own a nespresso machine. With the coffee capsule, making decently good coffee every time is like a breeze.

I recently tried 2 non-nespresso brand capsules, both are much cheaper and compatible with the machine.

With so many other compatible capsule brands in the market, which have you tried and are they good?

Personally I have tried:

PERKS COFFEE

HOOK COFFEE

So far I prefer Perks coffee as it provide more choices. Perks capsule sold 10 pods in a box, cost only $7.50 with delivery. So each cup cost me only $0.75! The few roasts I tried were quite yummy.

If you have any other brands worth recommending, pls share with us. Thanks.

Like you, ever since I bought a Nespresso Capsule coffee machine, I dedicate my marketing trips in search for the best Non-Nespresso capsules. Strangely, even the best Italian mass market coffee brands like Illy, Lavazza, Segafredo can't produce decent capsule coffee. (although their normal coffees are delicious).

Out of those expensive and non expensive that I have tried, a few of my personal favorites (apart from the original Nepresso). You could try them if you happen to come across them while travelling outside Singapore.

"Bellarom" Intenso from LIDL supermarket (Discount) SGD2.96/10 capsules

"Bellarom" Viola from LIDL supermarket (Discount) SGD2.96/10 capsules

Decaffeinated "HAG" SGD4.80/10 capsules

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun.

Guest disclose yourself
10 hours ago, repressednerd said:

I like Perk Coffee. The owner is a hot Eurasian daddy (half Chinese Malaysian/half Australian). 

Lol

Guest roasted coffee bean
On 8/20/2019 at 11:15 PM, repressednerd said:

I like Perk Coffee. The owner is a hot Eurasian daddy (half Chinese Malaysian/half Australian). 

and every time you drink one of his coffees you dream playing with his imaginatory dick.

The capsules are environmentally unfriendly and overprized.

Most good coffee depends on a roast and in many European countries you find small boutique coffee roasters.... even if slightly more expensive to buy 250gr but definitely the coffee taste will make it up. No capsule can reach the quality.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, Wanason said:

I haven't used coffee capsules in a long time. I prefer to brew coffee in the coffee maker.

Me too.  I have a small drip coffee maker that makes one cup at a time.  I use it every day for my one cup after lunch.  I put in an inexpensive ground coffee, although I have played with the idea of getting some fancy Colombian coffee,...  but as simpleton as I am,  it suffices that the black coffee is black, and hot, and with a normal taste of coffee.

The money I save by not drinking Starbucks coffee many times a day, I collect in a separate piggybank so one day I can buy a private jet plane with it. :) 

Tried many 3rd party coffee capsule for my Nespresso (local and oversea) but most are so-so in taste. Only recently tried the Starbucks ones which were not bad. I have tried and some already can't remember the brands. And in the early days, most of their capsules do not work well with Nespresso machines. Thus I gave up on 3rd parties for some time now. I also like strong dark taste for example.

But these days, Nespresso also knows competition is strong and prices has come down lower. I remember when I bought my first machine the Nespresso Latiisimo, each cap cost like $1.10 on average. Being a bit of a big coffee drinker, I do 10 shots easy daily. Now it's like half the price. Which is quite a saving. Personally, for quality coffee, that is a bargain. And Nespresso's collection is wide. Giving me options for how I like coffee for a specific occasion. I am NEVER a fan of wasting my time/money at a coffee club ordering $6-10 dollar a cup coffee. With what I can make to drink at home or work, I get way more value from it.

If you cultivated a good taste for coffee brew and appreciate blends. It's like tasting wine. You do not tend to stray far from a certain brand/blend or you are one who is fine with generic tasting coffee and that's all you care about. There will always be a balance between taste versus cost. I wish I had a big space at home, then I would rather do my own coffee bean grinding and brewing with one of those sexy Italian coffee maker. Have a friend who does that at home. Just so much fun making coffee.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Guest Guest Coffee Pods

Guys, Nescafe lately has launched their own pods in OZ. The pod range is quite good & the price for a box of 10 A$6.20(offer $4 on & off). Nescafe & Nespresso are both owned by Nestle Group. Try it when they are available in your country. 

Lor is not bad & has extensive range & good price as well. :)

On 8/20/2019 at 9:41 PM, Guest Lakopi said:

With so many coffee machine in the market, I'm wondering which coffee machine you bought and prefer?

I personally own a nespresso machine. With the coffee capsule, making decently good coffee every time is like a breeze.

I recently tried 2 non-nespresso brand capsules, both are much cheaper and compatible with the machine.

With so many other compatible capsule brands in the market, which have you tried and are they good?

Personally I have tried:

PERKS COFFEE

HOOK COFFEE

So far I prefer Perks coffee as it provide more choices. Perks capsule sold 10 pods in a box, cost only $7.50 with delivery. So each cup cost me only $0.75! The few roasts I tried were quite yummy.

If you have any other brands worth recommending, pls share with us. Thanks.

https://www.businessinsider.com/acrylamide-in-coffee-does-it-cause-cancer-2018-3

• 4 months later...
On 8/20/2019 at 10:59 PM, tic-toc said:

Like you, ever since I bought a Nespresso Capsule coffee machine, I dedicate my marketing trips in search for the best Non-Nespresso capsules. Strangely, even the best Italian mass market coffee brands like Illy, Lavazza, Segafredo can't produce decent capsule coffee. (although their normal coffees are delicious).

Out of those expensive and non expensive that I have tried, a few of my personal favorites (apart from the original Nepresso). You could try them if you happen to come across them while travelling outside Singapore.

"Bellarom" Intenso from LIDL supermarket (Discount) SGD2.96/10 capsules

"Bellarom" Viola from LIDL supermarket (Discount) SGD2.96/10 capsules

Decaffeinated "HAG" SGD4.80/10 capsules

-

Edited by auden

Guest La kopi thread?

All the Roy ngerngs, teo soh lungs, leung sze hians, alfian saats, Amos yees, jolovon whams, kirsten hans, thum ping tjins, m ravis, han huihuis pls come in.....

• 5 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.