Male HQ

Windows 10 PC is slow

Guest home user

Guest home user

hi IT experts,

my Win10 PC (few years old) is getting slower, especially during boot up.

do you think i should backup my data then do a factory reset, will this speed up the PC?

2 hours ago, funkinks said:

Thanks but not this, think my explanation a bit misleading. It happens when I change the file's details, eg. the title or comments, once I click apply it takes ~15 seconds before it starts to execute. It gets irritating when I'm changing multiple files, have to keep waiting.

16 hours ago, Guest home user said:

hi IT experts,

do you think i should backup my data then do a factory reset, will this speed up the PC?

Hi there Guest! There's a bit of info that would be necessary to really diagnose the issue. 

Could you provide some specs of your computer? Example: are you running a storage system that's an SSD or regular hard drive, what processor you're running (preferably with the model but not necessary) and how much RAM do you have? 

Generally speaking, if you're running a slower storage system like a hard drive, then yes it will boot up slower over the many months and years. Formatting does solve the issue but it's a recurring problem every few months to years, but an investment into an SSD will benefit you in the long run, especially if you see no need to upgrade your PC. 

Tech Reviewer on Rhyn Reviews and YouTube: https://youtube.com/rhynreviews.

16 hours ago, Guest home user said:

hi IT experts,

Is your main c drive low on memory? I Suspect your main drive (the drive which you used to install your windows) is low on space. Suggest to maintain around 20gb of free space, transfer videos and photos to portable hard disk or SSD . 

If not, download "advance system care" to run it. Hope it gets sorted. Give us an update to your diagnosis. 

Edited by Kimochi

Guest ahwee123456

1. Check your registry with advanced system care

2. Check any spyware or malware

3. Turn off unnecessary background service

4. Check your HDD, sound coming out while the machine is running?

5. Invest on SSD/RAM

6. Clean reset

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.