Male HQ

Rules aren't clear and obvious enough

jotatsu

I think many of us have seen the numerous warnings given by the mods regarding personal advertisements in the main forum. For the longest time, I felt that the rules were not obvious enough. In the main forum rules, the following is only stated after scrolling through several posts unrelated to the rules:

Please do NOT hyjack the topic to post messages to email / call you

One of the rules in the first post doesn't really support the above: 

Commercial postings and even spammers are welcome. But too much spam will get that spammer banned. Just be sensible, maybe spam about once a month?

I have seen many people get warning points by asking naively, "anyone going tonight" or the like. Yes, those may be seen as invites (hence going against the hard-to-find rules) but it is also possible that one wants to gauge how many are going. Inconvenience is also another factor encouraging users to post invites in supposed discussion threads.

Since the mods can edit others' posts, what I would like to suggest is that "Ads" be defined clearly on the first post of any Rules section, such as "any act of inviting or divulging personal contact information" because "No Ads or Bitch Fight" instinctively refers to services rather than invitations. The rules can also be shown clearly upon signing up (just checked with a new account, don't think it's shown obviously). I think this will save the mods a lot of trouble and I doubt users want to learn the rules the hard way as well. 

Knowing that there isn't a clear forum section to post this concern, is a problem in itself.

hello! i've left the site a long while back as i'm in a monogamous relationship.

thank you for contributing to this thread, and let's keep motivating one another 💪

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.