Male HQ

Questions About App Store, Phone Apps, Etc. (Others Can Also Add Your Own Related Questions)

Guest 2001

I have never activated an App Store account, or downloaded any apps, because my phone came pre-installed with everything I needed so far. But while in 7-11 recently, I noticed they were selling $200 gift cards for the App Store, so that led me to start thinking about how much apps cost anyway.

How many apps would somebody need to download to use up the $200? What is the individual cost of different apps? Can anybody list the most essential apps that do not come pre-installed with most phones (such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Line, Grindr, Grab, and so on)? Please don't reply with insults.

On 10/9/2019 at 2:31 PM, Guest 2001 said:

I have never activated an App Store account, or downloaded any apps, because my phone came pre-installed with everything I needed so far. But while in 7-11 recently, I noticed they were selling $200 gift cards for the App Store, so that led me to start thinking about how much apps cost anyway.

How many apps would somebody need to download to use up the $200? What is the individual cost of different apps? Can anybody list the most essential apps that do not come pre-installed with most phones (such as WhatsApp, WeChat, Line, Grindr, Grab, and so on)? Please don't reply with insults.

Most of the monies are not used for buying the App itself; it's more for the in-App purchases. 

On October 13, 2019 at 2:00 AM, Guest Scalpel Not Sledgehammer said:

You didn't list Jackd as an essential app. Is it no longer popular enough?

I never used Jackd but wasn't there a scandal concerning breaches of people's data recently?

On October 13, 2019 at 3:32 AM, Nipoet said:

Most of the monies are not used for buying the App itself; it's more for the in-App purchases.

I see. Makes more since because I didn't think it would be possible to buy $200 worth of apps.

On October 13, 2019 at 7:26 AM, Guest AppStore said:

Can buy music and movies oso, not limited to just apps.

I guess it is also to apply to stuff like paying for rides with Grab, or deliveries from Panda, etc?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.