Male HQ

Is it too late for a 50 yo to have a model type body like a 25 yo?

Guest Foreman65

Guest Foreman65

Just got divorced very recently and I want to move on starting with my physical appearance. I want to go the gym and become fit. I'm 50 already. Can I still have a body like those younger than me?

The famous ChuanDo Tan who is over 50 years old now .... 

Image result for chuando tan

By the way, it's not just about gyming that plays a part in getting the physique you want. Diet plays a more important part. 

probably yes but it will takes a lot of effort and discipline to build and maintain. Why need to compare with younger body? So long as you are in better shape compare to those in your age group and still able to make some  head turns while walking on the street,  that should be enough. 

Edited by lonelyglobe

Guest Baby Face
1 hour ago, Guest Foreman65 said:

Just got divorced very recently and I want to move on starting with my physical appearance. I want to go the gym and become fit. I'm 50 already. Can I still have a body like those younger than me?

I suggest you start with the face.  Body is easy to re-fit, but it take a lot of time and money to bring your face back to its youthful look and not imposible though, because someone previously mentioned he look 20 years younger at the age of 53 and still hiding his secret from his young bf.

32 minutes ago, lonelyglobe said:

probably yes but it will takes a lot of effort and discipline to build and maintain. Why need to compare with younger body? So long as you are in better shape compare to those in your age group and still able to make some  head turns while walking on the street,  that should be enough. 

Agree!

Might be easier if you start with perhaps your wardrobe. Dress sharply for a 50 yo. Then exercise regularly first, eat healthy food, meet up with like minded friends, and improve on your mental well being and you will find that you are not alone on this journey. Pm me if you need more advice.

Wish you all the best! Take care.

More power to you.

But do it for yourself, as you want to stay healthy and fit.

You can nip, tuck, gym all you want but there is just no point comparing to a 25 yo (toned) bod.

Most 50 yos I know of, are attractive for many other reasons apart from their physical attributes.

Of course we are talking about a 25 year old gym bod. Why would anyone aspire to look like any 25 year old out-of-shape chap?

But even if you have a toned bod, the face will give away your age.

At a certain point in time, the skin will start to sag, the lines will start to show, the eyes will get less bright.

And this is perfectly fine. One cannot expect to hang on to your youth forever.

So be real, and don't expect to be the same as any 25 year old gym-toned chap.

Just keep it real and be the best you can be.

8 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

Yes, entirely possible.  You can look good than any 25yo who doesn't gym.  Not every 25yo has a model type body.

6 hours ago, Guest Foreman65 said:

Definitely, with perseverance, determination and self-discipline.  

It'll just be a lot harder to maintain if you hadn't previously acquired some form of 'physique' in your younger years.

Guest turn clock back
6 hours ago, lonelyglobe said:

I assume he wants to gain back the 25 years he lost (wasted?) with his bf and wants to play the 25y old guys....

Doubt so he will be able to do it...

Cd is not a good example.  He is fit his entire life.

But nevertheless  anyone can be fit at any age. Tho it may be unlikely for a 50 years old to have a 25 you body.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Short answer : Yes 

Long Answer : It will probably take a lot more effort that someone in 20s. 

In 20s you have less commitments and more time means less events in life to steal you from a fixed gym regime. You have more testosterone and more energy, you don't tire so fast, you recover faster with less sleep and can gym more frequent. You have higher metabolism you can have cheat days everyday and may not get that 6 pack but at least the belly wont appear. 

There are factors which may work to the advantage for a guy in his 50s mostly with the assumption that you have obtained some form of financial freedom. You can afford personal trainer, you have access to better supplements, food sources and cooking apparatus. You may have a car which may reduce the amount of commuting time or can grab taxi when you urgently need it (Please be WARNED about driving during LEG DAYS!!!) 

Someone I used to date was in his late 40s and he was average built but within 6 - 12 months he has a fit tone body but he was damn disciplined. I lost touch with him so I dont know how he looks like today. He is probably approaching late 50s now. My friend who previously guided me in gym for a few months is in his 50s now and he started in his mid 40s and looks 10x better than me. Both of them are extremely disciplined, controlled diets, fixed and consistent regime with minimal deviation. This is something I am sure that I am unable to achieve due to work. 

13 hours ago, Guest Foreman65 said:

Yes you can do it! But you need to persevere like going to the gym and eating carefully. A discipline lifestyle will ensure that you will improve your physical appearance! Also, please take care of your skin as well. It is very important to have good clear skin too.

Totally. It's difficult but not impossible. I have seen men in their late 50s to early 60s who are absolutely lean and much more shredded compared to your run-on-the-mill gay boys. In fact, you just reminded me of this Indian dude in my gym whose extremely attractive. In fact, he grew out a beard and developed his own fashion sense. He's basically an attractive lumbersexual man. That said, I would ask you to manage your expectations beforehand. To have a chiseled body, regardless of age, takes long time and very consistent diets. But if you can reach the summit, it's definitely an out of the world experience for you. 

In terms of routine, it's like what everyone suggested. Hitting the gyms consistently, having a disciplined diet, living a healthy lifestyle. Always strive to maintain a balance between having a healthier lifestyle and great health. You can have a healthy lifestyle but if you hit the sack midnight daily, you're not doing your body that much of a favor. Best of luck!

Edited by notd

One thing I have learnt as I am in my mid-40s now is that you probably have most of the things in life. You don't really need more clothes, or toys etc. So if you are making a comfortable living, splurge on yourself and your well-being. Get a trainer or commit to some fitness regime. Change your eating habits. Eat less meat and more plant-based/vegan diet. If you are concern with your facial appearance, get a facial regularly or Botox. Despite what others may say, you are doing it for you to make yourself feel better. 

As many pointed out, the body can be trained. There are many motivational body transformation videos on Youtube that shows that age is just a number. 

Love. 

1 hour ago, Guest Bod vs Face said:

If u are into bods more than the face.

But whatever floats yr cock

He also quite handsome loh ~ 

Is it too late for a 50 yo to have a model type body like a 25 yo?

IF you didn't have a model type body at 25 yo, then YES it definitely is possible to have a better, 50 yo model type body at 50!

Or, in relative terms, you can work yourself to a better body at 50 than you had at 25, provided that there is something left to catch up with, that is, you were not optimum at 25.

Good luck with your effort!  And try to make the process one that is joyful and satisfying :thumb:

Why do u wanna a 25 year old body? bcas u are now ugly, can't attract ppl?

If u are chubby, there is a chub market.

But if u are ugly, then don't bother. Bcas there is no market for ugly ppl.

What u need to do now is, look into the mirror.

Ugly? saggy face? rough skin? old ppl spots? 

Improved on your complexion first. 

Ppl u meet, see your face first, not your body.

Past the first stage. U don't walk around half naked.

Guest take your pace
1 hour ago, benedict5856 said:

On the chubby part you can do something. Nobody needs to remain chubby (unless it is a hormone issue or illness).

Due to long working hours in my mid to end 30s I bulked up a belly. Research says: not sufficient sleep, late dining are bad. Plus you bulk up more if you are older.

But I started my own sports regime. I admit, even subscribed to a gym, but it wasn't my place. Just didn't find it motivating.

I started with jogging, took my pace, first once a week, increased the distance a bit every month, I ran at my pace, nothing extreme, sometimes just ran slow but to keep my distance. Later started running 2 times a week and swimming twice a week, slowly increased from 18 lapses (50m) to 25 and 30. Found some tennis friends and play a 2 hours match once a week.

I don't overdo. I skip if I don't feel for sport or feel exhausted. I try to make it good on other days. but won't feel bad if I don't manage.

If you have the motivation, you can slim down 10 - 30kg. Just take your time.

The problem is, not to fall back into old moods and habits. Eat some nuts, when you watch tv and not chips or fish crackers.

Above someone said eat less meat, actually eat meat but skip the rice or potatoes (Maybe more the beef or mutton). Eating more veggies is always good.

For lunch at work I often just eat fruits and a small home made sandwich (with plenty of salad in between). I bring carrots or other veggies as snacks for in between.

If chocolates then just something very small for the flavour. I never add any sugar on drinks and avoid sugary drinks.

Some of my fb's started complaining because they wanted me as a daddy (to cuddle on). I taught them a bit of sports is healthy and for sure I m not going to be super slim.

But I would not aim for the body or looks of a 25y old guy if I m in my 50s. For what?

You just need to laugh and wrinkles will come out. Or you have a young bf and he discovers grey hair.

Actually, I never found super gym toned guys attractive. In the end it is personality, face and a nice smile. If the guy is average, I m fine.

It is good to take care of your body but no need to overdo.

Brutal, but rather close to the truth

18 hours ago, sam8899 said:

Brutal, but rather close to the truth

Only close to SOME truth.

If you are ugly,  there is a lot you can do to reduce ugliness (there is even face transplant nowadays :lol:)

If you are chubby, don't rely on the chub market but try to reduce chubbiness.  Health is at stake.

On 10/29/2019 at 10:36 AM, Guest Guest said:

By the way, it's not just about gyming that plays a part in getting the physique you want. Diet plays a more important part. 

He is such an inspiration

5 hours ago, Lemonjuice said:

He is such an inspiration

I can believe his body.... but face... if 52 then sure some work has been done...

5 minutes ago, JamesAdmas said:

I can believe his body.... but face... if 52 then sure some work has been done...

Nope, he has confirmed that he has not gone for any surgery at all on his face. But if you are to look at it from another perspective, there are lots of anti-aging facial products out in the market for use.  There were initially targeted for the female market, but now more and more of the products are being targeted for the male clientele already. If he had been rigorously keeping to a good facial cleansing and moisturizing regime everyday and he started young, I think it is possible for him to slow down his facial aging process to this stage.    

12 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Nope, he has confirmed that he has not gone for any surgery at all on his face. But if you are to look at it from another perspective, there are lots of anti-aging facial products out in the market for use.  There were initially targeted for the female market, but now more and more of the products are being targeted for the male clientele already. If he had been rigorously keeping to a good facial cleansing and moisturizing regime everyday and he started young, I think it is possible for him to slow down his facial aging process to this stage.    

The most important thing is sun screen, good sleep and orgasm for rosy cheek (joke)

On 10/30/2019 at 11:35 AM, benedict5856 said:

There is also a market for ugly face with muscular body.. 

Don't read and response to guests' post

On 10/29/2019 at 7:36 AM, Guest Guest said:

Body can be trained, no big deal at all. 

Hair can be dyed but not moustache. Just look at his moustache, so many white hair.

Remove the spec, covered the body, he looks like any 50 year old man gay face. 

Honestly, nothing fantastic at all.

6 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Only close to SOME truth.

If you are ugly,  there is a lot you can do to reduce ugliness (there is even face transplant nowadays :lol:)

If you are chubby, don't rely on the chub market but try to reduce chubbiness.  Health is at stake.

Eat well

Stay fit

die anyway

Guest InBangkok

Yes, it can be done, but as others have said it will take a lot of willpower. When I was 52 I was diagnosed with a stomach complaint which meant I had to go on a diet for six months. I was advised only to eat half portions at meal times but I could snack a little in between. At the same time I was going to a gym and doing a basic workout about four times a week. Over those six months I lost seven kgs, toned up quite well and all my friends said I looked quite a bit younger. I used no facial products other than a nightcream and a lowish factor sunscreen when lying in the sun. 

The key is that as you get older exercise alone or dieting alone don't work. You have to do both together for a reasonable period of time. Also forget spending money on the latest beauty creams and treatments. Without a regimen of diet and exercise they are unlikely to work well.

Just now, LeanMature said:

There is also a market for ugly face with muscular body.. 

wrong.

it means ppl who like him is bcas of his body, not his face.

If he is walking along some streets, fully clothed, no way ugly ppl can attract ppl.

What u are saying also mean,

There is also a market for ugly face with alot of money.

1 minute ago, benedict5856 said:

wrong.

it means ppl who like him is bcas of his body, not his face.

If he is walking along some streets, fully clothed, no way ugly ppl can attract ppl.

What u are saying also mean,

There is also a market for ugly face with alot of money.

People with ugly face know how to flaunt their body.  Sleeveless or fit fitting that will showcase their asset. 

19 minutes ago, LeanMature said:

People with ugly face know how to flaunt their body.  Sleeveless or fit fitting that will showcase their asset. 

and ppl who are attracted to the face or body?

and who are those being attracted to it?

ugly ppl also.......

Ugly and ugly ppl attracts to each other.

Thats all they have left for each other.

i don't despise ugly ppl. If there is good looking ones, there should be ugly ones. 

3 minutes ago, benedict5856 said:

ugly ppl also.......

i don't despise ugly ppl. If there is good looking ones, there should be ugly ones. 

Hmmm... What is ugly: face or ppl?

And what is an ugly face: not symmetrical? Face with imperfections? 

Anyway,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

2 minutes ago, Think Of Others said:

Hmmm... What is ugly: face or ppl?

And what is an ugly face: not symmetrical? Face with imperfections? 

Anyway,

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!

Ugly means the person face. 

First and foremost, i am not here for any personal attacks. Neither am i good looking type.

Ugly refers to the physical facial appearance. 

Can be eyes one big one small, eyes too far apart, look like ape, all kinda pattern.

And BEAUTY is in the eye of the beholder, it simply means....

everyone said the bride is ugly, but ONLY the groom said she is beautiful..

Thats why its called 情人眼里出西施。This statement is an insult, not a compliment if u think it further.
whose eyes is 西施? only the 情人. the rest of the ppl will find her ugly.

57 minutes ago, benedict5856 said:

Body can be trained, no big deal at all. 

Hair can be dyed but not moustache. Just look at his moustache, so many white hair.

Remove the spec, covered the body, he looks like any 50 year old man gay face. 

Honestly, nothing fantastic at all.

basketball wives og GIF by VH1

No. its u can't get to eat me (this grape), so u say its sour.

Take a queue......

No. it's u who can't get to be that sweet sweet grape below, so u are sour.

Take a queue......

3 hours ago, benedict5856 said:

ugly ppl also.......

There are ppl who are attracted to the body, not the face.  There are cute young guys attracted to big, fat body.  There are good-looking hunks attracted to ugly looking bodybuilders.  It's not true to say that only ugly ppl attract to each other.  

• G_M locked this topic