Male HQ

Is it too late for a 50 yo to have a model type body like a 25 yo?

Guest Foreman65

4 hours ago, Guest age denial said:

First time ever I have to fully agree to Benedict5856.

You can slim down and shape your body like a 25 year old if you are already 50 but looks wise, you will never achieve 25 again.

What is the aim? To appear sexy? To be able to date younger guys?

In my point of view , trying to achieve the looks of a 25y old gym bod guy, you are denying yourself and your age, show some mental issues, because it seems you can't live up to your age and try to conceal with looking like a 25y old jumper.

Is it insecurity to stand up to your age? or an ego trip to tell you, you can do it?

If you complete the form traveling to Thailand or anywhere, you still need to put your real date of birth. And what if your 23y old bf takes a glimpse, maybe you won't enjoy your holidays from that day on. What was your gain?

This type of questions is akin to someone who wears sloppily to work and ask then ask everyone: "What is the aim? To appear sexy? To be able to date younger guys?"

Striving to look younger is not just about looks itself, but it is also about health. Do you know just how easy it is for a 50 year old man to put on weight due to metabolic rate decrease? And we are all aware of how obesity can harm your health here. A person who is well groomed, looks young and stays fit even at age 50 is an indication of how much he cares for his own health. 

It is pretty juvenile for people to think that anyone will want to hide his age from his potential bf. As you had mentioned yourself, your real age can never be concealed for long. People who appreciate mature men do so for their mature thinking, and not because they are wrinkled on the face and fat at the belly. To be  both fit and young looking at age 50 is just icing on the cake, and not the cake itself. . 

Guest Prancing Pony
22 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

People who appreciate mature men do so for their mature thinking, and not because they are wrinkled on the face and fat at the belly

It is hard to believe, but do allow me to wrap my head around it, sleep over it, than wait up the next day to digest a little, than compare those highlighted in RED to reality in the gay circle.

46 minutes ago, Guest Prancing Pony said:

It is hard to believe, but do allow me to wrap my head around it, sleep over it, than wait up the next day to digest a little, than compare those highlighted in RED to reality in the gay circle.

You will be surprised if I tell you the number of guys that are looking for a mature man with all these qualities. Wrinkled, fat, belly. 

On 11/6/2019 at 8:04 AM, Square said:

I kinda agree with @benedict5856

There is a difference no matter how buff you are at 50. The tone, elasticity and even smell seems different. 

So it's not about being a sour grape, just speaking what's on his mind. 

But why is it so important to keep attracting young boys? This is not the main reason for keeping in shape. Everyone ages and those who have reached 50, shld have played enuff by then. How long more does one wanna keep playing? This is just not sustainable. 

For the first part of your post,  you should choose a more reliable source to agree with.   In his many posts here, benedict5856 has shown again that he writes without full knowledge of the subject. Good tone, elasticity of the skin can be preserved into the 70s,  but the history of the skin is important.  To have near perfect skin at 70 one has to start caring for it very early.  The main care is to avoid any obesity at any time in life,  and to avoid overexposure to the sun.  Skin stretches easily, but it does not fully shrink back.  If there were a method to make skin shrink, most beauty products would be superfluous and would not have to lie about their benefits. The only way today to shrink skin is with plastic surgery.  So losing weight later in life is beneficial but it will inevitably make the skin sag.  We old people develop sagging skin in the face and neck due to the loss of fat with age,  and the typical solution is face lift, eye lid surgery, etc., plus the compensation with injection of fillers, of which one of the best is our own fat, all of which can be more successful if the skin was not damaged due to excessive sun exposure.

So you want to have nice skin at 70?  Start by being lean as a young person and only gain weight later by building reasonable musculature (not too much) in the gym that you can maintain into your 70s.  Also stay out of the sun and use in the face and neck a good moisturizer cream with a sun protection of high SPF.  Build up your financial situation so that you can afford injectables and plastic surgery for the few details that only surgery corrects.  and... voila!  all the Benedict dooms won't materialize  :)

On your second paragraph, you are right that keeping in shape has benefits far beyond attracting young flesh.  There is good feeling, satisfaction, pride that comes with being in shape. There is functionality that is preserved beyond the 70s and becomes a big contributor to happiness in old age.

Edited by Steve5380

Guest age denial
11 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

This type of questions is akin to someone who wears sloppily to work and ask then ask everyone: "What is the aim? To appear sexy? To be able to date younger guys?"

Striving to look younger is not just about looks itself, but it is also about health. Do you know just how easy it is for a 50 year old man to put on weight due to metabolic rate decrease? And we are all aware of how obesity can harm your health here. A person who is well groomed, looks young and stays fit even at age 50 is an indication of how much he cares for his own health. 

It is pretty juvenile for people to think that anyone will want to hide his age from his potential bf. As you had mentioned yourself, your real age can never be concealed for long. People who appreciate mature men do so for their mature thinking, and not because they are wrinkled on the face and fat at the belly. To be  both fit and young looking at age 50 is just icing on the cake, and not the cake itself. . 

Sorry, but you missed the real issue: Threadstarter wants to look like a 25y old but not like a fit 50y old. I m very right to say he has a mental issue of accepting to grow older and to accept his age. Maybe the best example will be his feet and hands. Experienced people can see or guess someone's older by looking or touching them.

There are plenty of 50y old who are fit and still sexy, maybe some wrinkles and maybe without the David Hasselhoff body type.

I met a guy recently without any belly, slim but not the extreme gym toned type. on his grindr was 42 as age. After fun we chat on bed, he exposed he's 53 already. I personally saw he's older than 42 but kept silent when met because he was accommodating and nice.

Healthwise with 50 you shouldn't overdo with sports either. Be more or less slim, do some sports 2 - 3 times a week for 1 - 2 hours max. Don't overeat or eat late at night heavy dishes.

Btw: turning up sloppily at work means you are not ambitious and have no self value and never learnt was self marketing stands for. But our situation is more the case of a 50y old female worker dressing like a 25y old in torn jeans mini skirt and super high heals and a shirt enabling you more to look through and to see more than you want...

12 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

People who appreciate mature men do so for their mature thinking, and not because they are wrinkled on the face and fat at the belly.

11 hours ago, Guest Prancing Pony said:

So, have you wrapped your head around it, slept over it, woke up today, and took whatever that was highlighted in  RED which you found hard to believe, and compared them to your gay circle of sissy faggots, circuit boys and "Prancing Ponies" where your "reality" resides? Or would you like to read properly first? 

1 hour ago, sam8899 said:

A 50yo with a nice fit body is still way way more attractive than the average 50yo

Health benefits many. In terms of physical and psychological. 

8 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

For the first part of your post,  you should choose a more reliable source to agree with.   In his many posts here, benedict5856 has shown again that he writes without full knowledge of the subject. Good tone, elasticity of the skin can be preserved into the 70s,  but the history of the skin is important.  To have near perfect skin at 70 one has to start caring for it very early.  The main care is to avoid any obesity at any time in life,  and to avoid overexposure to the sun.  Skin stretches easily, but it does not fully shrink back.  If there were a method to make skin shrink, most beauty products would be superfluous and would not have to lie about their benefits. The only way today to shrink skin is with plastic surgery.  So losing weight later in life is beneficial but it will inevitably make the skin sag.  We old people develop sagging skin in the face and neck due to the loss of fat with age,  and the typical solution is face lift, eye lid surgery, etc., plus the compensation with injection of fillers, of which one of the best is our own fat, all of which can be more successful if the skin was not damaged due to excessive sun exposure.

So you want to have nice skin at 70?  Start by being lean as a young person and only gain weight later by building reasonable musculature (not too much) in the gym that you can maintain into your 70s.  Also stay out of the sun and use in the face and neck a good moisturizer cream with a sun protection of high SPF.  Build up your financial situation so that you can afford injectables and plastic surgery for the few details that only surgery corrects.  and... voila!  all the Benedict dooms won't materialize  :)

On your second paragraph, you are right that keeping in shape has benefits far beyond attracting young flesh.  There is good feeling, satisfaction, pride that comes with being in shape. There is functionality that is preserved beyond the 70s and becomes a big contributor to happiness in old age.

Oh please..... are u talking about yourself?! Just don't forget, u are Ang Moh, we are Chinese. Thinkings different.

5 hours ago, benedict5856 said:

Oh please..... are u talking about yourself?! Just don't forget, u are Ang Moh, we are Chinese. Thinkings different.

There may be some educational differences,  but one thing globalization proves over and over is that there are no major differences between all members of the human species.

• 7 months later...
On 11/8/2019 at 8:42 PM, Steve5380 said:

There may be some educational differences,  but one thing globalization proves over and over is that there are no major differences between all members of the human species.

How many human species are there?

24 minutes ago, Guest Bana said:

How many human species are there?

There are many different members, groups of the human species (the word "species" is singular, even as it ends with an "s"), and there is ONE human species.

Guest keerti
7 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

There are many different members, groups of the human species (the word "species" is singular, even as it ends with an "s"), and there is ONE human species.

American English is not the proper English. Species is plural and specie is singular. Another sample is boss which is a plural, just drop the last s to make it singular.

7 hours ago, Guest keerti said:

American English is not the proper English. Species is plural and specie is singular. Another sample is boss which is a plural, just drop the last s to make it singular.

I checked in the Oxford Dictionary,  and "specie" is "money in the form of coins".  And "bos"... does not exist!

Maybe the singular of "species" is "specie" in Singlish, the same as "bos"?

Guest horny
On 10/29/2019 at 7:36 AM, Guest Guest said:

The famous ChuanDo Tan who is over 50 years old now .... 

Image result for chuando tan

By the way, it's not just about gyming that plays a part in getting the physique you want. Diet plays a more important part. 

woooo i love chuando and his big bulge

4501f0e76f8ed290ab14eeb409a9931c.jpg

tumblr_otqd4iYRPR1sdjpiio5_540.jpg

Nah don't say 50, 70 also can.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Librarian
27 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Indeed.  70 also can.

And not only just at 70, but also throughout the 70s.

I don't think so. Very costly and high maintenance to attempt such a feat. If succeeded, may not look "naturally 25yo.  Reality is a bitch.  Best is to save some money on other things, like eating good foods to enjoy life.

1 hour ago, Guest Librarian said:

I don't think so. Very costly and high maintenance to attempt such a feat. If succeeded, may not look "naturally 25yo.  Reality is a bitch.  Best is to save some money on other things, like eating good foods to enjoy life.

Your thinking is wrong.  It is not "high maintenance" to keep maintaining one's body.  Of course it does not look like 25yo,  but... if you read the topic,  it is "to have a model type body like a 25 yo.  Like a 25 yo can have a model type body,  a 70+ yo can have a model type body.  I do the same as this "Elderly Chinese Bodybuilder" does, and I am older than him.  This is MY reality and it can be the reality of anyone who tries to do the same.

But you are welcomed to spend your money in eating good foods.  Bon Appetit!  :) 

3 minutes ago, Guest keerti said:

Why Americans like to pronounce the same for can and can't? 

3 hours ago, kidster said:

Why Americans like to pronounce the same for can and can't? 

I haven't noticed that Americans mispronounce the "can't".  Maybe some are lazy and don't remark the"t"? 

The safest way is to use "can not" instead of "can't".

Oops!  I used "haven't" instead of "have not".  Sorry...

Guest Librarian
9 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Like a 25 yo can have a model type body,  a 70+ yo can have a model type body.  I do the same as this "Elderly Chinese Bodybuilder" does, and I am older than him.  This is MY reality and it can be the reality of anyone who tries to do the same.

:) 

Eating too much protein to build your "muscle" at old age is bad for the kidney.  It will sag, collapse and wrinkled up once you stopped your unnatural regime while trying to get your body into shape  against the beauty of nature. Once you stopped your current regime, your age will jumped forward multi-fold and scared the shit out of everyone daylight. The chinese guy's head look smaller than his own body size, is not very proportionate when you look from afar and thus not very attractive.  His thigh is muscular than his skinny legs and his arms is thicker than his legs and his body expanded way beyond the circumference of his head size.  

I would rather a person eat naturally to put on a little, in turn buffed up their saggy skin and smooth out their wrinkles.  Once you are a little buffed, no botox is needed.  I have seen people who look young when they are old, very naturally.  A simple walk and a jog in the park,do just as good as working tirelessly in air-conditioned gym filled with carbon dioxide.  No protein, no cosmetics, no nothing needed.   Pure natural youth rejuvenating, or slow aging to the very end of their days.  Never put old wine in new wine skin, vice versa, or it will explode.  

32 minutes ago, Guest Librarian said:

Eating too much protein to build your "muscle" at old age is bad for the kidney.  It will sag, collapse and wrinkled up once you stopped your unnatural regime while trying to get your body into shape  against the beauty of nature. Once you stopped your current regime, your age will jumped forward multi-fold and scared the shit out of everyone daylight. The chinese guy's head look smaller than his own body size, is not very proportionate when you look from afar and thus not very attractive.  His thigh is muscular than his skinny legs and his arms is thicker than his legs and his body expanded way beyond the circumference of his head size.  

I would rather a person eat naturally to put on a little, in turn buffed up their saggy skin and smooth out their wrinkles.  Once you are a little buffed, no botox is needed.  I have seen people who look young when they are old, very naturally.  A simple walk and a jog in the park,do just as good as working tirelessly in air-conditioned gym filled with carbon dioxide.  No protein, no cosmetics, no nothing needed.   Pure natural youth rejuvenating, or slow aging to the very end of their days.  Never put old wine in new wine skin, vice versa, or it will explode.  

No one is suggesting to eat too much protein, at any age.  Yes, excess protein is bad for the kidneys. 

Here is another video of the 70 y.o. Chinese bodybuilder that Guest Uncle started a thread with:

As we can see, he is not the disproportionate and other bad things you said about him,  he really looks good and strong for a 70 y.o.  But he is an extreme.  He was a competing bodybuilder, grotesquely big when younger, and this has been and is the principal objective of his life.  I am not suggesting that one should do that.   Moderation is the key.  When I say that I do the same as him, I mean exercising sufficiently to maintain a strong body,  not a grotesque musculature.  And I eat naturally, all good food, without using any strange substance like amino acids or steroids.  

I think that it is best not to get big, but preserve a moderately muscular body throughout life.  But good strength may take more than "a simple walk and jog in the park", as you suggest.  You have to work out with heavy weights.  Like to preserve your mind, you better do more than just read the newspaper, but do something challenging like learn a new language.

I have never seen an old skin explode because new wine is put in.  This may have had happened to St. Matthew, who wrote that in the Bible.  I have never tried it.  BTW,  I have stopped drinking wine years ago.  I don't believe that one should drink a glass a day to benefit the heart...

11 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

No one is suggesting to eat too much protein, at any age.  Yes, excess protein is bad for the kidneys. 

Here is another video of the 70 y.o. Chinese bodybuilder that Guest Uncle started a thread with:

As we can see, he is not the disproportionate and other bad things you said about him,  he really looks good and strong for a 70 y.o.  But he is an extreme.  He was a competing bodybuilder, grotesquely big when younger, and this has been and is the principal objective of his life.  I am not suggesting that one should do that.   Moderation is the key.  When I say that I do the same as him, I mean exercising sufficiently to maintain a strong body,  not a grotesque musculature.  And I eat naturally, all good food, without using any strange substance like amino acids or steroids.  

I think that it is best not to get big, but preserve a moderately muscular body throughout life.  But good strength may take more than "a simple walk and jog in the park", as you suggest.  You have to work out with heavy weights.  Like to preserve your mind, you better do more than just read the newspaper, but do something challenging like learn a new language.

I have never seen an old skin explode because new wine is put in.  This may have had happened to St. Matthew, who wrote that in the Bible.  I have never tried it.  BTW,  I have stopped drinking wine years ago.  I don't believe that one should drink a glass a day to benefit the heart...

Thanks for the post Steve,

It certainly has motivated me to start getting my home gym revamped... I would certainly love to get back in better shape!!

Cheers, Mike :) 

On 11/7/2019 at 11:28 PM, lohwpr said:

You will be surprised if I tell you the number of guys that are looking for a mature man with all these qualities. Wrinkled, fat, belly. 

I have those highlighted qualities in RED but apparently didn't score any. The reality is they are NOT after those qualities, rather more the money in your pocket. Sadly that seem to correspond more to more wrinkles and bigger bellies lol

Guest 小熊叔
28 minutes ago, Expired Btm Uncle said:

I have those highlighted qualities in RED but apparently didn't score any. The reality is they are NOT after those qualities, rather more the money in your pocket. Sadly that seem to correspond more to more wrinkles and bigger bellies lol

I'm uncle too. Flat belly but mostly meaty. I believe a little meat helps to fill up body and keeps me firm, strangely some call me voluptuous, thicc. 

I don't know when it's fashionable to be thicc. But I'm very popular. That's the proof of the pudding no matter what people say about uncles.

The test is to slap that part of your body with the back of your fingers. Watch how the ripples spread. 

If there's not much ripples, you're you're too dried up.

If it's just a big wobbly lump, you're too fat.

If it's springy like toing toing fish balls, that's just right. Like they say, very nice to touch and hug.

1 hour ago, mike_amk said:

Thanks for the post Steve,

It certainly has motivated me to start getting my home gym revamped... I would certainly love to get back in better shape!!

Cheers, Mike :) 

I am very pleased by your post.

Your reaction to what I write is exactly the reason why I write it.  

Most of us can get amazing improvements, if we confidently put our minds to it.

On 10/29/2019 at 7:17 AM, Guest Foreman65 said:

Just got divorced very recently and I want to move on starting with my physical appearance. I want to go the gym and become fit. I'm 50 already. Can I still have a body like those younger than me?

Body possible but face seem impossible.

Those rich model have maintain their face since 20s.

So they look young even they reach 50s

If you face age they are no turining back

But bodybuilding is possible even if you reach above 50s

But remember to take supplement.

Because we are not young anymore.

43 coming 44 this year

10 minutes ago, Andrew240577 said:

43 coming 44 this year

Your way of thinking may be in the way to improve the appearance of your face as you age.

Without going into plastic surgery, which can give quick dramatic improvements, there are increasing numbers of face treatments that can help.   Have a look:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/aging/want-to-take-years-off-your-face-these-treatments-can-rejuvenate-your-skin

I just watched today an interview of Nancy Pelosi,  our "Speaker of the House".  She is 80 years old and... she looks amazing!  

She surely uses botox, tens of other treatments, and good makeup.  But she looks nothing like the traditional old grandmother.

Guest Wasabi Boy
5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Without going into plastic surgery, which can give quick dramatic improvements, there are increasing numbers of face treatments that can help.   Have a look:

https://www.health.harvard.edu/aging/want-to-take-years-off-your-face-these-treatments-can-rejuvenate-your-skin

Nope, too high maintenance. Won't sustain.  Rather spend my money eating sashimi to get the right omega & fat to help de-aging my skin.  Look at Japanese, they all look so smooth and youthful regardless of age.  Fuck Cosmetics and Love Sashimi instead.

37 minutes ago, Guest Wasabi Boy said:

Nope, too high maintenance. Won't sustain.  Rather spend my money eating sashimi to get the right omega & fat to help de-aging my skin.  Look at Japanese, they all look so smooth and youthful regardless of age.  Fuck Cosmetics and Love Sashimi instead.

Good!  If sashimi can prevent your face from aging,  this adds to my claim that you can slow down or turn back the age clock displayed by your face.

I also like fish.  I eat a salmon filet three times a week,  which I buy frozen from a brand that claims that it is "fresh caught".

But I also bake it so it is soft and tasty... yum!   I avoid eating raw fish like sashimi or sushi to prevent contamination with bacteria.

Ideally we must start using skin care by late 20s.

That's when wrinkles, sagging and dark spots begin.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest True Meh?
3 hours ago, fab said:

Huh??  So fast?   I thought dark spots starts in your early to mid 40s.   May be you are referring to those working in the construction site or harsh job environment.

1 hour ago, LeanMature said:

Cannot find in Singapore, beside CD.

Have la.

I know a pilot who 60s but pass of as 40s.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

12 hours ago, fab said:

Do you own a company of cosmetic products?  A 30 y.o. should not have wrinkles, sagging skin and dark spots.  I started with skin care in my 50s.

2 hours ago, LeanMature said:

I mean the muscular bod, not the face.

Zheng Geping,  Edmund Chen etc.

Rare though. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Do you own a company of cosmetic products?  A 30 y.o. should not have wrinkles, sagging skin and dark spots.  I started with skin care in my 50s.

I don't need to be an owner to start using early. I am self respectable.  :P

There are skin care products that target at teenagers. The ones with normal skin need hydrating moisturisers while those with oily skin need oil control products and acnes cream etc.

On 6/29/2020 at 4:11 AM, Andrew240577 said:

43 coming 44 this year

Like Andrew said,  I started skin care regime as a teenager. It's just basically a good habit, similar to good dental care. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, fab said:

Zheng Geping,  Edmund Chen etc.

Rare though. 

Gene plus consistency ~

20 minutes ago, practease said:

For Edmund Chen it's more like tons and tons of cherry tomatoes.

How you know! ~

On 6/28/2020 at 11:54 AM, Steve5380 said:

Never too old to start!

Will you be my valentine's? :D

• G_M locked this topic