Male HQ

Is it too late for a 50 yo to have a model type body like a 25 yo?

Guest Foreman65

27 minutes ago, sum1outhere_03 said:

Never too old to start!

That's not really true.  The 70 yo bodybuilder started working out at a rather young age to maintain his current form.  You can't go anywhere if you start at a late age.

4 hours ago, fab said:

Zheng Geping,  Edmund Chen etc.

Rare though. 

A muscular 50s is a rare gem and hard to find.

Don't read and response to guests' post

The pink cheek is caused by skin allergy from using some anti aging product where one is not supposed to go under the sun.

For vanity, people are willing to damage their skin.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

21 minutes ago, practease said:

It was reported that he consumes a lot of cherry tomatoes daily. That's why his complexion is always glowing and his cheeks are somewhat pinkish. 

Don't overdose anything ya 

7 hours ago, fab said:

I don't need to be an owner to start using early. I am self respectable.  :P

There are skin care products that target at teenagers. The ones with normal skin need hydrating moisturisers while those with oily skin need oil control products and acnes cream etc.

Like Andrew said,  I started skin care regime as a teenager. It's just basically a good habit, similar to good dental care. 

I asked if you own a company of cosmetic products because you want to sell these products to the very young too.

A majority of teenagers have normal skin that does not need these products.

This may be a tendency like the one in girls who start with plastic surgery in their teens.

18 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

I started with skin care in my 50s.

6 hours ago, Guest Candy said:

Too late. Won't change a bit.

If you keep finding that it is "Too late" for everything, you won't improve a bit but change... for the worse.

My skin was perfect at 50 except that it started to show some dark spots.  An aesthetician friend recommended a sun protection, moisturizing cream with SPF 50,  and this is how I started.  Later I added creams with glycol acid to use at night. These products kept my skin from deteriorating, and my dark spots got significantly reduced.

1 hour ago, fab said:

The pink cheek is caused by skin allergy from using some anti aging product where one is not supposed to go under the sun.

For vanity, people are willing to damage their skin.

Another reason not to start with cosmetics too early unless it is really necessary.

With tooth brushing it is different. It does not cause allergies, and it is well known that bacteria exist in the mouth that attack the teeth and cause cavity, especially in the young.

But tooth brushing is not the most effective remedy.  I find that "oil pulling" really prevents these bacterial infections.

Like Andrew said, if your start skin care at 20s, you can slow down the aging earlier. It's a good to have regime. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, fab said:

Like Andrew said, if your start skin care at 20s, you can slow down the aging earlier. It's a good to have regime. 

Skin care can start as children.  We should ALWAYS care for our skin,  our largest organ.  But it does not need to include cosmetics pasted on it.

We should monitor our skin. Eat healthy to help having a healthy skin.  Protect it from excessive sun.  Not to wash, shower with too hot water,  but it is a good habit to wash the face and even shower with cold water. 

Guest 小熊叔
On 7/1/2020 at 3:43 PM, Guest Candy said:

Too late. Won't change a bit.

It's never too late.

The upper layer of the human skin is shed every 4 to 6 weeks depending on your age etc.

Therefore in one year, it's shed about 10 times. Enough to clean out the deep lower layers as well.

If you care for your skin everyday, from inside and out,

the lower layers affect and feed the upper layers,

the upper layers protect and shape the firmness of the lower layers, 

In just one year, you'll see the big difference. Different skin care products have different effects, you just have to learn which is best suited for you. They don't even have to be expensive. I'm using very cheap things because they work very well and natural without unnecessary chemicals or high costs processing.

Those messy old men are the lazy ones who already given up hope or just plain lazy.

It's a compliment when they feel up my skin and thought I'm younger than them when actually I'm older.

Most straights think that it's gay to use skin care products. They have children and grand children, they don't need to be youthful looking like gays.

It's true that they don't because they are out of the market for sex. But that mentality also affects their exercising. They think it's also okay to be feeble and shuffle along tiredly like old men would do. But I'll rather have the spring in my steps and deliciously wicked sexual appetite. Nothing wakes up the vitality of an old body than sex. 

7 minutes ago, Guest 小熊叔 said:

It's never too late.

The upper layer of the human skin is shed every 4 to 6 weeks depending on your age etc.

Therefore in one year, it's shed about 10 times. Enough to clean out the deep lower layers as well.

In just one year, you'll see the big difference. Different skin care products have different effects, you just have to learn which is best suited for you. They don't even have to be expensive. I'm using very cheap things because they work very well and natural without unnecessary chemicals or high costs processing.

Those messy old men are the lazy ones who already given up hope or just plain lazy.

It's a compliment when they feel up my skin and thought I'm younger than them when actually I'm older.

Most straights think that it's gay to use skin care products. They have children and grand children, they don't need to be youthful looking like gays.

It's true that they don't because they are out of the market for sex. But that mentality also affects their exercising. They think it's also okay to be feeble and shuffle along tiredly like old men would do. But I'll rather have the spring in my steps and deliciously wicked sexual appetite. Nothing wakes up the vitality of an old body than sex. 

You said it very well.  It's never too late.

For straights, it may be important for them to be handsome until they catch their female.  Once married, they enjoy her beauty but don't care much of being attractive to her.  So if their youthfulness goes away, it is more a loss for her than for him.  He just indulges in the lifestyle that makes him happy, his tummy bigger, his skin more wrinkled, his posture more hunched.  When the body complains with chronic illnesses and pains, he recognizes this as being the effect of "aging" and therefore, natural.   Everyone around him recognizes it as well,  and when he looks middle-aged at 55, old at 65 and passes away at 70, they see it as a normal life. 

But for us gay men, who give priority to the health of our bodies and our good looks, it is different.  The signs of age may become evident at 80 and the deterioration of our functionality may appear later, when the biologically programmed reduction in renovation of our cells kicks in,  until one day we reach the end.

Guest Tio Bo?
2 hours ago, Guest 小熊叔 said:

It's never too late.

Skin products has it limitation. It cannot penetrate into the skin to achieve the best result.  It was like, storing a grape and constantly sprinkle it with water to keep it looking moist and supple.   It merely act as face cleaner and washer.  It either makes your face glow when you put on and then resume to its original finish once it wears out.  It is not permanent.  You need to regularly use it, apply it on your face to give an illusion of "youth" (only if you are smooth with no wrinkles) and need to stay indoor to avoid the stuff wearing off, and then return your true skin conditions.  Though it may prevent skin oxidation when using the right SPF product, but not your internal inflammation.  You will still  experience break out, acne and dark spots and wrinkles.  It cannot smooth out deep wrinkles or scars or even pores without serious make up.  Certain products amplify your age rather than reduce it.   However, constant usage of skin products and cosmetics, though cannot fully conceal your age,  but makes you look clean in your aged look.   In fact, the more you work out, the faster your face look aged.  The metalbolism is quick in burning your fat, but slow to replace it due to age, thus making you look much older.

Also genes play an important role.  Teochew Nan tend to have good looking skin than Hokkien Nan. Tio Bo?

Guest 小熊叔
1 hour ago, Guest Tio Bo? said:

Skin products has it limitation. It cannot penetrate into the skin to achieve the best result.  It was like, storing a grape and constantly sprinkle it with water to keep it looking moist and supple.   It merely act as face cleaner and washer.  It either makes your face glow when you put on and then resume to its original finish once it wears out.  It is not permanent.  You need to regularly use it, apply it on your face to give an illusion of "youth" (only if you are smooth with no wrinkles) and need to stay indoor to avoid the stuff wearing off, and then return your true skin conditions.  Though it may prevent skin oxidation when using the right SPF product, but not your internal inflammation.  You will still  experience break out, acne and dark spots and wrinkles.  It cannot smooth out deep wrinkles or scars or even pores without serious make up.  Certain products amplify your age rather than reduce it.   However, constant usage of skin products and cosmetics, though cannot fully conceal your age,  but makes you look clean in your aged look.   In fact, the more you work out, the faster your face look aged.  The metalbolism is quick in burning your fat, but slow to replace it due to age, thus making you look much older.

Also genes play an important role.  Teochew Nan tend to have good looking skin than Hokkien Nan. Tio Bo?

You are both partly right and partly wrong.

Nothing is impermeable, it's just the relative thickness vs the size of the fluid used.

E.g. Blow up a balloon and keep it, after a while, it deflates. It takes a long time though.

Take a dried, wrinkled grape and soak it in water and watch it swell after some time.

Our human skin is not impermeable, someone found that out the hard way by applying way way too bengay type of lotion and died from poisoning.

It only seem impermeable in a short time and depends on the fluid used. That's why it has to be done every day and for a long long time for the penetration to accumulate the effects. Then using the right type of skin care products will assist too.

Yes, cleaning, SPF and keeping away from the sun is very, very important. I found that out the hard way too. I was on holiday at a sunny beach resort. I was doing the tourist attractions in the glaring and harsh  equatorial sun. I thought I'll be only out for a few hours and try to keep to the shades as much as possible so I didn't put on a shading hat or clothings or apply SPF. 

After the holiday and at home, then slowly my skin darkened and dried up. I used my routine skin care and it didn't reverse the damages. I had to use something much stronger and it took me more than a year to reverse it, still there's a tiny dark patch that's stubbornly refuse to go away. But it's very slowly shrinking in size.

I too agree with you that those who go for the lean veiny look are drying up their skin for the sake of letting their muscles show through. They look old but that's their choice.

I prefer to hold some body fat in order to plump up my skin and keep it smooth and supple.

Yes, certain products did age your skin if you're not careful. But used correctly, they do help a lot especially in old age, you begin to slowly lose the natural oils of youth.

For e.g., old men are known to have goose skin neck. I can't say that I've totally eliminated that but I reduced it to not noticeable on first sight.

Internally, we also need to help the skin like drinking more water, exercising, less fried foods etc. I cook my own collagen by throwing left over scraps of cheap bones, cartilage, prawn heads, prawn shells, sinews etc into my automatic rice cooker and let them stew overnight. Then I strain the soup and keep it in the fridge for soup stock or stir fry stock. The collagen in the soup will form a jelly and I can scrape off the excess oil from the surface.

Genes play more than an unfair important role here. Some people are natural born beauty and if they value it and take care of it, they are unbeatable. I'm just the regular type. But once old age comes around, good skin care shows through in contrast against those who don't.

Guest 小熊叔
1 hour ago, kidster said:

Can you share what do you use? Thank you.

I'm sorry, but every item used has its own do's and don't. 

I don't want to list them here and then have to explain the very long and tiring do's and don't. Those looking for quick and easy fixes will complain that they don't work.

Guest Uncle
7 hours ago, Guest 小熊叔 said:

I'm sorry, but every item used has its own do's and don't. 

I don't want to list them here and then have to explain the very long and tiring do's and don't. Those looking for quick and easy fixes will complain that they don't work.

He is 54 this year actually... so let's stop 'immortalise' him at 51 hahahahah

By the way, if you know science.. there's a lot to do with family genetics he got from his parent's genes, life-long discipline in your lifestyle, physical training, dieting and yes some supplement replacement. Something many gullible people who ignore their health till they see this photo and again without knowing science THINKS there is a magic pill-solution to getting all these via short-cuts and little time. The odds are against you.

Same thing as when you do not work hard and save when young, don't expect to see big money returns when old. 

Think he is on KETO DIet like myself (or low carb diet) and we both eat about the same amount of eggs each day...but even I can not get a body like that though I am lean because of that but he put in more weight work from what I know. Be healthy no matter how muscle bound you want to look. Important is what is inside you that is working 100%

Edited by upshot

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

1 hour ago, upshot said:

He is 54 this year actually... so let's stop 'immortalise' him at 51 hahahahah

By the way, if you know science.. there's a lot to do with family genetics he got from his parent's genes, life-long discipline in your lifestyle, physical training, dieting and yes some supplement replacement. Something many gullible people who ignore their health till they see this photo and again without knowing science THINKS there is a magic pill-solution to getting all these via short-cuts and little time. The odds are against you.

It does not matter how old he is now, but how old he was when the video was made.  In 20 years, the message in the video will remain the same.

And it may be JUST THE OPPOSITE of what you wrote. 

Instead of thinking that it is easy, people think that it is TOO DIFFICULT to do what he does. And they are immediately discouraged.

In reality it is within our reach.  Genetics is unknown, so let's not take this as an excuse.

"Life-long lifestyle" is also not not an excuse.  We can make up for much of a less than optimum past lifestyle.

What is needed is DISCIPLINE and PERSISTENCE to convert what is difficult to sustain into a habit.

If we find the discipline to go to a gym and workout, with persistence this becomes a habit that is natural and sustainable.

If we are smart and little-by-little replace bad food with good food, our body stops craving the bad food and starts accepting the good one.

Result = effort  X  time, or mathematically, the integral of effort over time.

But there is an evil that conspires against us,  and is the cause why most are not like Chuando Tan. 

This evil is DOUBT.  When results don't appear, impatience kicks in and results in doubt about being able to do it.

In some cases, circumstances appear that conspire against the pursue of the objective,  and the objective must be abandoned.

And here is where PERSISTENCE will allow us to resume the pursuit after the circumstances disappear,

and keep working towards the objective.

Here is another example of fitness versus age:

Now from 51 it went up to 61.  It may be possible to extend this to 71.  

What this shows is that there is not a biological inflection point at some early age that makes our body come crashing down. 

This inflection point comes at different speeds around the 70s, 80s, depending also on our health. 

One more conclusion to take from all this fitness versus age is that it does not need to be ALL or NOTHING,  and the results may not be linear, in the sense that with half the effort, the result will be more than half, like a 70% or 80%.  So let's be smart and try it.  :) 

Guest Lurking in the Night
On 7/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, Guest Uncle said:

You call this face 22?   Are you kidding me?  He looks in his 60s and almost like a vampire to me.

40 minutes ago, Guest Lurking in the Night said:

You call this face 22?   Are you kidding me?  He looks in his 60s and almost like a vampire to me.

After so much Lurking in the Night,

it's no wonder that everybody looks like a vampire to you  😄

A note from someone in their 60s. I had never been in a gym in my life after leaving University. When I was 48 I decided I should join one and try to shape up a bit. Over the next few years I went quite regularly, not to build muscles, merely to trim up a bit. It worked. I dropped several kgs and friends said I looked better. Sadly after 55 I did not keep it up and the kgs - and more - have returned.

6 hours ago, Guest Lurking in the Night said:

Agree his face doesn't look 20s.

Complexion looks stiff and eye area look wrinkled.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest School Swimmer
On 7/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, Guest Uncle said:

He still looks good at 54? So much better than some of the youngsters. 

His face,  body,  etc,  

His confidence and maturity is attractive. 

If those  fit youngsters who gym alot can keep up at this age of 50s, I have nothing to say.  Otherwise just keep your mouth shut. 

And being young does not mean you are more desirable or sexier than guys like Chuando. 

Just my opinion. 

Thanks  

10 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

After so much Lurking in the Night,

it's no wonder that everybody looks like a vampire to you  😄

haha.. I actually laugh at this.

22yo is indeed exaggerating. But at 54, he still look charismatic leh. I love his physique man..   

44 minutes ago, Oishii said:

haha.. I actually laugh at this.

22yo is indeed exaggerating. But at 54, he still look charismatic leh. I love his physique man..   

I also find that his expression is older than a 22 y.o.,  a 30 y.o. perhaps. 

What I find remarkable is his narrow waist and hip,  not typical in a 51 y.o.

As we age, our hip gets wider, and this does not seem to have anything to do with our lifestyle. 

51 minutes ago, earth_tone said:

IMO it is late. But doesn't mean that you should stop trying.

Yes that is a positive notion. But need a disclaimer...It's never too late to be healthy and be as fit as you can. But to use that photo as the benchmark is not realistic. And also depend on who you are addressing that advice to.. Someone in his late 30s? 40s? 50s? 60s? As we age like it or not, there are biological changes taking place in your body that you HAVE  to accept and not think you can push it or have some miracles pill to push thru. For those who are not familiar with food and dieting, as you age and sometime even when you are a little younger, too MUCH of certain food items is actually bad or unhealthy with serious problems if you over eat it.

Also as you age, your body start to make LESS of certain nutrients which require supplements especially if you have some pre-dignose condition like high blood or diabetes..etc And ALSO as you age, your digestive system will not be able to break down certain food items including meat, vegetable and fruits ( yes those too ) and how your body handle sugar and carbo. A lot of what they taught you with the general food table is wrong and misleading and cause people to be more unhealthy than they should be thus even if you follow it to eat the way the GP doctor tell you, it is not 100% correct. I found that the hard way and it is shocking as someone who spend a good number of years in beauty slimming and health product. As you age, you need to be careful and find out if what you USED to eat is fine at your age now. As you age, especially in your late 40s to 60s without the risk and help of 'roids' (like Syvester Stallone)... muscle building is almost impossible thus you are going to struggle to maintain present muscle (not fat belly) mass left alone build bigger muscle and get better control of your fat layer to sculpt your body to look like Chuando's. He has a body like that for decades this is NOT something just started a few year back hor. Eating healthy diet without a solid workout lifestyle will not work. Workout without a healthy diet also will not work. It's a lifestyle and discipline of changes but workout and food is something you do day in day  out...till it become a habit and part of you without thinking about it. Ifs you like your typical Asian dishes, Italian pasta, Indian roti prata, rice, noodles and all the carbo rich food..etc you are not going to make it. That is why even in gyms and you see relatively fit guys jogging still have pot belly and fat layer body parts where you see muscle but also a fat covering them and thus no muscle definition, and they are puzzle why? Simple, your food intake and choice of food. And how much snack and titbits are you willing to give up.

I don't want to get into it but I knew Chuando as part of my job back in the days when he was a top male model in Singapore under Carrie's Model. He already had a body to die for back than, and he kept it up by a lot of gyming, and he watched his food. There is no short cut. AIM to be healthy and not just try to think you need a body like that to get more sex. Your intention is long term.

** Comments are my opinions, same as yours. It's not a 'Be-All-and-End-All' view. Intent's to thought-provoke, validate, reiterate and yes, even correct. Opinion to consider but agree to disagree. I don't enjoy conflicted exchanges, empty bravado or egoistical chest pounding. It's never personal, tribalistic or with malice. Frank by nature, means, I never bend the truth. Views are to broaden understanding - Updated: Nov 2021.

Late is better than never.

But early is better than late.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Creepy Crawly
15 hours ago, Guest School Swimmer said:

He still looks good at 54? So much better than some of the youngsters. 

His face,  body,  etc,  

His confidence and maturity is attractive. 

If those  fit youngsters who gym alot can keep up at this age of 50s, I have nothing to say.  Otherwise just keep your mouth shut. 

And being young does not mean you are more desirable or sexier than guys like Chuando. 

Just my opinion. 

Thanks  

Nah!!  I disagree.  Nope!!  I am not a fan of this type of body.  It has been given too much steroid, like a drug addict suddently refreshed after sniffing a coccaine or something. The skin tone looks dried and pale, matte.  The  stomach area look like cockroach turned updside down.  If you draw 3 legs on the the left and 3 on the right, you get the picture.  The eyes is small and angry, there is deep wrinkles between the frowl on his forehead. Contrary to his body size, his cheek is sunkened, like an undernourished man who went on hunger strike for months. That is not a healthy sign and also,  what kind of hairstyle was he wearing? You call that crew cut?  It also reminds of the head of a cockroach, add two feelers to it and tell me what you see. That moustach, is a true give away like an old grandpa who feels lazy shave in the morning. Oh no!! now it is getting closer to look like that night creature. Gosh!! so scary.

Another Opinion Piece

I am out of here.

1 hour ago, Guest Creepy Crawly said:

Nah!!  I disagree.  Nope!!  I am not a fan of this type of body.  It has been given too much steroid, like a drug addict suddently refreshed after sniffing a coccaine or something. The skin tone looks dried and pale, matte.  The  stomach area look like cockroach turned updside down.  If you draw 3 legs on the the left and 3 on the right, you get the picture.  The eyes is small and angry, there is deep wrinkles between the frowl on his forehead. Contrary to his body size, his cheek is sunkened, like an undernourished man who went on hunger strike for months. That is not a healthy sign and also,  what kind of hairstyle was he wearing? You call that crew cut?  It also reminds of the head of a cockroach, add two feelers to it and tell me what you see. That moustach, is a true give away like an old grandpa who feels lazy shave in the morning. Oh no!! now it is getting closer to look like that night creature. Gosh!! so scary.

Another Opinion Piece

I am out of here.

Wait!  Before you leave...

give him another look and realize that it is worse than you thought.  He could be a drug addict suddenly refreshed by a kilo of cocaine. The skin tone looks so deprived of hairs, like the hairs dried out and fell off.  He may have lost all body hair due to the chemotherapy for his cancer, and this explains the look of his hairstyle, which reveals that he obviously is wearing cheap wig made out of cockroaches The stomach area looks even worse, like a turtle turned upside down. If you draw 2 legs on the left and 2 on the right, it could even be the carcass of a dead alligator. The small and angry eyes are surely glass eyes, he is probably blind.  The deep wrinkled frowl on his forehead may be a bad reaction to botox.  His sunken cheek could be the result of a spasm of anger where he bit his cheek from the inside and cut a big piece off.  The moustache and unshaven chin reveals a lack of energy to hold a shaving machine or blade, due to his real age.  You should be scared by now, since by looking him up so much the stare of his glass eyes has entered your mind and he will appear in your dreams as a horrible night creature ready to take you to the bottom of hell.  Don't waste time and start praying... 😦

Guest Uncle
5 hours ago, Steve5380 said:

Wait!  Before you leave...

give him another look and realize that it is worse than you thought.  He could be a drug addict suddenly refreshed by a kilo of cocaine. The skin tone looks so deprived of hairs, like the hairs dried out and fell off.  He may have lost all body hair due to the chemotherapy for his cancer, and this explains the look of his hairstyle, which reveals that he obviously is wearing cheap wig made out of cockroaches The stomach area looks even worse, like a turtle turned upside down. If you draw 2 legs on the left and 2 on the right, it could even be the carcass of a dead alligator. The small and angry eyes are surely glass eyes, he is probably blind.  The deep wrinkled frowl on his forehead may be a bad reaction to botox.  His sunken cheek could be the result of a spasm of anger where he bit his cheek from the inside and cut a big piece off.  The moustache and unshaven chin reveals a lack of energy to hold a shaving machine or blade, due to his real age.  You should be scared by now, since by looking him up so much the stare of his glass eyes has entered your mind and he will appear in your dreams as a horrible night creature ready to take you to the bottom of hell.  Don't waste time and start praying... 😦

Aiyo! So evil! Don't like, don't have to curse people got cancer. Your body must be greek god la? Full of hair? Like king kong?

3 hours ago, Guest Uncle said:

Aiyo! So evil! Don't like, don't have to curse people got cancer. Your body must be greek god la? Full of hair? Like king kong?

I was only making fun of this Creepy Crawly guest.   Of course I find that Chuando Tan is in excellent condition, and Creepy's post must be just envy :)

Guest Uncle
7 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

I was only making fun of this Creepy Crawly guest.   Of course I find that Chuando Tan is in excellent condition, and Creepy's post must be just envy :)

Good boy. I'm so sorry. Hugs. Kiss. Suck. Lick...

If you still think that it is too late for a 50 y.o. to have a model type body like a 25 y.o.,

you haven't heard of Ocsana Chusovitina.   She is a 45 y.o. gymnast who is training to compete in the next Olympics against athletes less than half her age. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/11/world/oksana-chusovitina-olympic-gymnast-profile/index.html#:~:text=Chusovitina was competing before most,team%2C Germany and now Uzbekistan.

One more real example that should put to rest the pitiful worries of Guest Horror,  Guest creepy crawl,  Guest Lurking in the Night,  and other masochists who want to torture themselves with fears of a doomed old age.  (while not making much effort to prepare for a better old age)

And if a 45 y.o. is not old enough for you....  how about a 94 y.o. ?   Watch Johanna Quaas.   Can you do what she is doing?

Guest Clear Headed Grandpa
On 7/12/2020 at 11:56 AM, Steve5380 said:

One more real example that should put to rest the pitiful worries of Guest Horror,  Guest creepy crawl,  Guest Lurking in the Night,  and other masochists who want to torture themselves with fears of a doomed old age.  (while not making much effort to prepare for a better old age)

And if a 45 y.o. is not old enough for you....  how about a 94 y.o. ?   Watch Johanna Quaas.   Can you do what she is doing?

I absolutely agree with you. I am a Grandpa too.  i attempted various streneous feat at the age of 80. Though i lost a toe, 3 fingers and few eyelashes, as a result,  i am still going strong.  i attempted Marathon and fell off a slope, broke a tooth and sustain minior injury, nothing to brood about,  simply hurting a knee cap and was latter advised by Medical expert not to pursue the same stunt,  I have to disagree and quarrel with my doctor, for their stereotyped thinking and as  "creepy crawly, lucking in the night and that of a "Horror". Let me share a story that i sneaked out under  the doctor's watch and attempted a Himalayan climb, with a group of veteran explorers,  only to be brought down swiftly due to thin oxygen. I blame the mountain and the climate, it has absolutely nothing to do with my fitness though it did posed inconveniences to others around me.   After that incident, I go slow and went for a swim to prove that i can swim better  than Singapore first gold olympian  swimmer,  Joseph Schooling,  i nearly drowned due to leg cramps at the starting point.  A life guard warned me to get back to the shallow pool instead.  How can that happen? Nobody can give me a convincing explanation,  i knew I can't understand too.  I am not saying i am old or got dementia,  but  i can tell you that what those youngsters have achieved, and who were as strong as me, certainly is a miracle and nothing to do with age.  I may not be perfect, a little stitch here and a wound there,  and my slightly shifted elbow joint, and broken ribs, were clear evidence that all Grandpa can do the same thing as those youngster.  Whoever still disagree,  you are being stubborn and jealous!!  What can i say,  Steve5380 is on my side.

1 hour ago, Guest Clear Headed Grandpa said:

I absolutely agree with you. I am a Grandpa too.  i attempted various streneous feat at the age of 80. Though i lost a toe, 3 fingers and few eyelashes, as a result,  i am still going strong.  i attempted Marathon and fell off a slope, broke a tooth and sustain minior injury, nothing to brood about,  simply hurting a knee cap and was latter advised by Medical expert not to pursue the same stunt,  I have to disagree and quarrel with my doctor, for their stereotyped thinking and as  "creepy crawly, lucking in the night and that of a "Horror". Let me share a story that i sneaked out under  the doctor's watch and attempted a Himalayan climb, with a group of veteran explorers,  only to be brought down swiftly due to thin oxygen. I blame the mountain and the climate, it has absolutely nothing to do with my fitness though it did posed inconveniences to others around me.   After that incident, I go slow and went for a swim to prove that i can swim better  than Singapore first gold olympian  swimmer,  Joseph Schooling,  i nearly drowned due to leg cramps at the starting point.  A life guard warned me to get back to the shallow pool instead.  How can that happen? Nobody can give me a convincing explanation,  i knew I can't understand too.  I am not saying i am old or got dementia,  but  i can tell you that what those youngsters have achieved, and who were as strong as me, certainly is a miracle and nothing to do with age.  I may not be perfect, a little stitch here and a wound there,  and my slightly shifted elbow joint, and broken ribs, were clear evidence that all Grandpa can do the same thing as those youngster.  Whoever still disagree,  you are being stubborn and jealous!!  What can i say,  Steve5380 is on my side.

Clear Headed Grandpa,  I have to congratulate you.  You obviously are not guided by the calendar but you let your life proceed its normal course with some minor ups and downs continuing what you are capable of doing.  I am three years away from 80, and I don't expect any sudden change. I follow the example of my sister, now 81,  and she is the same as always. We can define age, but we don't need to let age define us.  I have been learning the martial art Aikido for five years.  It does not prepare for an extended violent combat, but it teaches how to smartly exploit the vulnerabilities of an opponent to immediately bring him down... and keep him down.  Strength may be involved, but it is not an important component.  I am the oldest in my class but I can perform at par with all the rest,  especially those a bit overweight and stiff who are half my age.  As I come closer to my black belt I will attend a seminar by Sensei Mitsugi Saotome, the long standing disciple of the creator of Aikido, O Sensei.  Saotome is 83 y.o and actively teaching.  That means that he throws others down, he falls down, he comes up...  My teacher is a disciple of Saotome, and there is no end to their practices in sight.  I am being encouraged by a number of seniors that like me persist with this martial art and keep their bodies functional.  But I am not pushing my body too much.  Decades ago I damaged one of my knees from running, and I gave up running in favor of weight exercises. Throughout the years, heavy squats completely repaired my knee, and now thanks to stretching and lunges I keep any beginning of arthritis at bay.  I can do the "walking on knees" like any young guy.  :) 

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Young Twitter
19 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

Clear Headed Grandpa,  I have to congratulate you.  You obviously are not guided by the calendar but you let your life proceed its normal course with some minor ups and downs continuing what you are capable of doing.  ... 

You didn't notice clear headed grandpa's sarcasm? Obviously you are not very clear headed too.

2 hours ago, Guest Young Twitter said:

You didn't notice clear headed grandpa's sarcasm? Obviously you are not very clear headed too.

What sarcasm?  Maybe a Young Twitter cannot comprehend that an 80 year old can do what he said he did.  Maybe he exaggerates a little, but there is still plenty left to be within the realm of possibilities.   Let's see what other "sarcasms" we can find.

How about a 93 year old pulling a car with his teeth?   You perhaps think that at 93 men don't have teeth anymore.  Big mistake:

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Dad became clown
Just now, Steve5380 said:

How about a 93 year old pulling a car with his teeth?   You perhaps think that at 93 men don't have teeth anymore.  Big mistake:

I think you message is quite misleading.  it was like a dad brought his son to watch a circus show, and a clown tried to swallow a long sword, then the dad told the son that if the clown can do it, the son should be able to do the same.  The son went home, took a long sword and tried to insert the sword down his own throat.....

You get the idea what i am deriving at.

11 minutes ago, Guest Dad became clown said:

I think you message is quite misleading.  it was like a dad brought his son to watch a circus show, and a clown tried to swallow a long sword, then the dad told the son that if the clown can do it, the son should be able to do the same.  The son went home, took a long sword and tried to insert the sword down his own throat.....

You get the idea what i am deriving at.

Yes, I get the idea.  You are trying to resist reality by comparing a valid example of what seniors can accomplish at an advanced age,  with some stupid fantasy of a father telling his son to swallow a sword.   You may not have any children but I do have a son, and I would not ask him to do that in a thousand years! 

The 93 y.o. pulling a car with his teeth is REALITY.  You cannot make it appear as "sarcasm" like you did as "guest young twitter".  

Accept REALITY.  If you perhaps will reach 70 y.o. and you are a ruin of a man with a large collection of chronic diseases and ride a wheel chair,  this will not be caused by AGING but will be the result of your vicious unhealthy life. 

Edited by Steve5380

Guest Dad became clown
Just now, Steve5380 said:

Yes, I get the idea.  You are trying to resist reality by comparing a valid example of what seniors can accomplish at an advanced age,  with some stupid fantasy of a father telling his son to swallow a sword.   ,

But your video seems to generalise that every elderly person can use their teeth to pull a truck (fantasy nonetheless), if they knew how to maintain themselves at this age.  What difference does it make for a dad to tell his son to swallow a sword (a fantasy), if he trained hard, as what the clown did? The two are valid comparison.  You cannot be selective in your view to agree on one and reject another of similar scenario.  

8 hours ago, Guest Dad became clown said:

But your video seems to generalise that every elderly person can use their teeth to pull a truck (fantasy nonetheless), if they knew how to maintain themselves at this age.  What difference does it make for a dad to tell his son to swallow a sword (a fantasy), if he trained hard, as what the clown did? The two are valid comparison.  You cannot be selective in your view to agree on one and reject another of similar scenario.  

I didn't generalize about pulling cars with the teeth, but gave it as an example.

And what about the 94 y.o.  gymnast I posted before?   She does more mundane things.  And she seems to have a fully functional body.

It used to be rare to LIVE to 94.  One would say  "how extraordinary, she reached 94 y.o.".  I had an aunt that recently died at 94 from heart problems. In the end she was very incapacitated.  But this gymnast Johanna Quaas is in perfect shape!  This is what matters!  To stay in good shape throughout old age until a quick end comes.

It is becoming evident that we can stay in good shape until the late 80s or even some 90s,  simply by following a healthy lifestyle.  After that, genetics play an increasing role. THIS is the generalization I want to convey.

Guest hmmmm
6 minutes ago, Steve5380 said:

And what about the 94 y.o.  gymnast I posted before?   

Pure miracles. Don't take it seriously.  Put her on Guinness World Records and move on.  Now get back to the main topic of "too late for a 50 yo to have a model type body like a 25 yo".

• G_M locked this topic