Male HQ

ST News : Handsome hawkers turn up the heat

Guest News reader

9 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Please lah...use common sense. 500plates a day??? Lol...if he works 12 hrs a day, its 1plate sold every 1min 40sec. To have a profit 500k a year? Staff cost? Rent? Raw materials dun need $$? You need at least double of 500k to earn 500k hor...

So what do you think he did to pay off his debt?

His debt is 200k. He took 3 year to clear his debt.

Even if he sells non stop at 1 minute per plate between 11 am to 1 pm, and 6 pm to 8 pm, he can only sell 240 plates. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

12 minutes ago, fab said:

Even if he sells non stop at 1 minute per plate between 11 am to 1 pm, and 6 pm to 8 pm, he can only sell 240 plates. 

Someone said he had 500k debts! So he read wrong.

1 hour ago, Ben Ben Ben said:

Buy him For 500 dollars a night worth or not? 

I m sure he won't sell himself to male clients or ugly women at 500$.

On the other hand there are many guys cuter than him who charges less than 500$.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

15 minutes ago, fab said:

200k in 3 years possible.  But he did not state when did he open in 2015, coulf be in jan or dec?still possibility to  lear 200k in 3 years is very tough. Thats $5555.00 per month for 36 months. How much revenue he must generate to pay rent, raw food and some salary? He must sell about $12k worth of food. Sounds little right 12k? If he work 6 days a week, he has abt 26 days or about $460in takings per day, which works out to abt 150 plates at $3 each. 150plates sounds little? I doubt most hawkers cannot sell 150 plates of food per day.

4 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

200k in 3 years possible.  But he did not state when did he open in 2015, coulf be in jan or dec?still possibility to  lear 200k in 3 years is very tough. Thats $5555.00 per month for 36 months. How much revenue he must generate to pay rent, raw food and some salary? He must sell about $12k worth of food. Sounds little right 12k? If he work 6 days a week, he has abt 26 days or about $460in takings per day, which works out to abt 150 plates at $3 each. 150plates sounds little? I doubt most hawkers cannot sell 150 plates of food per day.

I m more keen to know....

How many inches is he?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

5 hours ago, fab said:

I m sure he won't sell himself to male clients or ugly women at 500$.

On the other hand there are many guys cuter than him who charges less than 500$.

So he sell his backside to repay his debts? I believe there are sure people want to buy, maybe he took on many clients per night?

7 hours ago, Ben Ben Ben said:

Could Walter work as gigolo before? He looks quite hot 

Thought that video he and kumar, he mentioned he don't mind to be gigolo? Since he can sleep around when he was in SQ, confirmed he has the gigolo market. I wonder how is his sex skills in bed?

16 hours ago, Guest Guest said:

Please lah...use common sense. 500plates a day??? Lol...if he works 12 hrs a day, its 1plate sold every 1min 40sec. To have a profit 500k a year? Staff cost? Rent? Raw materials dun need $$? You need at least double of 500k to earn 500k hor...

Lol.. Please lah... Use your common sense. How long do you usually have to wait in line for your food? If I need to wait more than 5 minutes, I might just walk off already. You think it is impossible for the hawkers to have each plate sold every minute? Common sense will tell you that they usually may prepare 2 or 3 dishes all at one go. Some stalls may even fry one big wok of food at one go, and then distribute them out all together at one shot after one wok is completed. Earning $500k is possible,and like what the post to which you responded already mentioned, even if you don't earn 500k a year, you can cover that in two years. 

15 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Lol.. Please lah... Use your common sense. How long do you usually have to wait in line for your food? If I need to wait more than 5 minutes, I might just walk off already. You think it is impossible for the hawkers to have each plate sold every minute? Common sense will tell you that they usually may prepare 2 or 3 dishes all at one go. Some stalls may even fry one big wok of food at one go, and then distribute them out all together at one shot after one wok is completed. Earning $500k is possible,and like what the post to which you responded already mentioned, even if you don't earn 500k a year, you can cover that in two years. 

Oh yes, he can sell 500plates of $3 carrot cake every day.....sure can one..maybe you buy 450 plates every day hor?

50 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Oh yes, he can sell 500plates of $3 carrot cake every day.....sure can one..maybe you buy 450 plates every day hor?

What's so surprising about selling 500 plates? Sometimes people buy 3 to 5 plates for pack and go all the time. And other times, people don't just ask for $3 and they may ask for $4 or even $5. Why you so jealous? You cannot tahan hawkers looking hotter and earning more than your miserable salary huh? 

11 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

What's so surprising about selling 500 plates? Sometimes people buy 3 to 5 plates for pack and go all the time. And other times, people don't just ask for $3 and they may ask for $4 or even $5. Why you so jealous? You cannot tahan hawkers looking hotter and earning more than your miserable salary huh? 

Walter is sooo hottttt!!! You are fan fan no1...go take fan and fan his hot bod when he fry ctq!!! Please buy 451 plates from hin every day ok!

2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

Walter is sooo hottttt!!! You are fan fan no1...go take fan and fan his hot bod when he fry ctq!!! Please buy 451 plates from hin every day ok!

You are sooo jealousssss!!! You are zealous jealous no1...go take fan and fan your fat bod when he fry cqt!!! Please also go do an ice bucket challenge on yourself ok! Maybe that will stimulate some blood flow into your brain. 

1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

How come all believe he earned 500k by selling carrot cake? He must have some sideline lah.

Should be much more...he also need to eat, place to sleep, his gym memberships, his workout gear, his girlfriends, hie transportations, his holidays, his staffs, his rent, cost of goods etc and taxes. I wonder how much did he declare in taxes as if you are able to pay 500k in a few years, his carrot cake revenue must be quite high in 6 digits per year.

https://www.asiaone.com/lifestyle/young-hawker-so-good-looking-one-customers-boyfriend-forbids-her-eating-his-stall

This young hawker is so good-looking one customer's boyfriend forbids her from eating at his stall

Melissa Goh

Oct 11, 2019

Why I Do What I Do is an original AsiaOne series where we showcase people with uncommon professions and what it takes to get there.

After leaving behind his cabin crew life in Singapore Airlines, Walter Tay embarked on an entirely different journey.

The 31-year-old first joined a multi-level-marketing company, then went on to importing Korean cosmetics and organising fitness competitions.

He was that boy with the good looks, living the high life with nice cars and expensive watches. It was a perfect life, until his later ventures failed again and again.  

"I didn't want to be a hawker, it was a 'no choice' kind of situation", said Walter.

He believed that hawkers were being stigmatised as a low-SES (socioeconomic status) job and that helping out at his parents' stall when he was younger and getting treated rudely by customers caused him to be reluctant to become one.

Thankfully, Walter has since overcome his mental barriers and found a passion for whipping up plates of carrot cake and char kway teow.

Being able to spend more time with his family at the stall was a big factor that kick-started this career.

101019_younghawkerwalter_2.jpg PHOTO: AsiaOne/ Melissa Goh When asked what his biggest motivation to continue as a hawker is, he exclaimed, "Singaporeans!"

This is because he gets lots of DMs (direct messages) on his Instagram account rooting for him and his parents to continue what they're doing.

'THERE'S NO FUTURE IN THIS'

Walter's initial struggles as a young hawker were veterans asking him why he wanted to be a hawker and warning him that there was no future in this.

He also suffered from FOMO (the fear of missing out) when he saw friends going on vacations and partying at the coolest clubs in town while he was stuck at the stall.

But he is now bent on chasing his dream as a hawker and doesn't see a difference between his dreams and those who are running the corporate race.

He believes that everyone is doing what they love and it's important not to do it just to impress others.

The happiest experience in three years as a hawker was when kids came up to him and asked for a photo.

And the most interesting experience was a female customer telling him that she could not eat at his stall because her boyfriend didn't allow her to.

When asked which stall gets more business — his at Admiralty or his parents' at Bukit Panjang — he humbly shared that both stalls see quite an equal number of sales each day, but Admiralty draws a younger crowd coming to interact with him. 

Of course, the media spotlight on him for being hunky and a young hawker has improved the business too.

LOOKS MATTER TO HIM

On that note, we found out that he is single and ready to find a partner with whom to settle down.

Looking slightly abashed, Walter said good looks are very important to him when asked for the qualities he's looking for in a partner.

He quickly clarified that by "good looks" he meant someone who is happy and approachable. 

Most importantly, someone who loves life. 

As for the plans for his business, "For the next three to five years, I hope to train more interested young people. I want to provide a platform for them to try out [hawker life]."

Walter has already started recruiting hawker interns and one of them is his cashier's daughter who is learning the day-to-day operations and frying up plates of carrot cake.

Eventually, he hopes to move away from cooking and focus on the marketing aspects of the business.

His advice for people who want to start their own hawker stall is that "it can be tough, but if you have the passion for Singapore hawker food, I will recommend you to try it out".

He added that instead of diving in headfirst, approach stalls that are willing to hire and train you, as the idea of pumping in $30,000 to $40,000 to set up your own and then failing can be quite daunting.

Walter sees his popularity within the fitness community and as a young hawker an inspiration to others.

"Being a hawker is like a reset button to my life."

melissagoh@asiaone.com

This Hawker Is So Handsome, A Girl Was Banned By Her BF from Eating at His Stall

wobb-48x48.jpeg

Published

2 months ago

on

October 12, 2019

By

Ryan Ong
This Hawker Is So Handsome That His Customer's BF Bans Her from Eating at His Stall - WORLD OF BUZZ
Source: Melissa Chan / Instagram

Rocket WOBLike us on Facebook for great stories daily!

Tap to listen to this article instead: 🔊 Listen to Post

Walter Tay isn’t your everyday hawker. Not only was he once a Singapore Airlines cabin crew, but he did MLM for a living, followed by importing Korean cosmetics and even organising fitness competitions.

However, all of his endeavours ended up in failure after a while. One career path that he didn’t consider was to be a hawker.

This Hawker Is So Handsome That His Customer's BF Bans Her from Eating at His Stall - WORLD OF BUZZ 1

Source: Melissa Chan

in-art-close-icon-128x128-16481b937f87b244a645cdbef0d930f8.png
–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

unmiss-sound-button-muted-e74d67a0c85c3548f07d7564782a269c.svg

But after his parents — who are hawkers — persuaded him to come to help out at their store, he decided to give it a shot. And that’s how he found his passion in life.

Many wonder how someone with good looks, high income, and beautiful cars ended up selling char koay teow and carrot cake, and for Walter, he didn’t expect it either.

This Hawker Is So Handsome That His Customer's BF Bans Her from Eating at His Stall - WORLD OF BUZZ 2

Source: Melissa Chan

It was tough when just started cooking; he used to have FOMO when he saw his friends post selfies online of their time travelling abroad or tearing up the exclusive clubs in town.

Having his friends look down on him and tell him he had no future didn’t help either.

But eventually, he learnt to overcome these feelings. He learned that success is a personal thing and that you can be successful climbing the corporate ladder or be successful as a hawker. What’s important is that you’re not doing it to impress people, because that makes it meaningless.

This Hawker Is So Handsome That His Customer's BF Bans Her from Eating at His Stall - WORLD OF BUZZ 3

Source: Instagram

This mindset made him embrace his love for being a hawker. And it certainly paid off. Now, he has legions of fans who visit his store every day and ask him for selfies. This even led to one of his customers being forbidden by her boyfriend to even visit his store!

Walter told Asia One that he would be starring in a dating show soon, and when asked about his ideal partner, he said,

“If you have a happy expression then most of the time they will look good… She can show me her bareface, and go down stairs to have carrot cake with me. Girls who makeup for more than 30 minutes a day, wah cannot, I cannot tahan.”

Who doesn’t want carrot cake and chill, eh?

It’s incredible to see the younger generation let go of societal expectations and pursue their dreams. If you’re ever in Singapore, why not give Walter’s carrot cake a try? Just make sure not to get banned by your partner in the process

'].join("")),c.creativeParameters.ad_container_id=b,c.creativeParameters.generate_ad_slot="true",null==c.displayConfigParameters&&(c.displayConfigParameters={}),c.displayConfigParameters.ad_container_id=b);c=a.a;b=c.renderingLibraryData;e=b.version;if(x(a,"HTML5")&&!("latest"==e||0<=C(e,"200_108"))&&(c=c.html5Features,!("Modernizr"in g)&&"array"==k(c)&&010062019-180537954-GDN-static-300x250.jpg"""
'].join("")),c.creativeParameters.ad_container_id=b,c.creativeParameters.generate_ad_slot="true",null==c.displayConfigParameters&&(c.displayConfigParameters={}),c.displayConfigParameters.ad_container_id=b);c=a.a;b=c.renderingLibraryData;e=b.version;if(x(a,"HTML5")&&!("latest"==e||0<=C(e,"200_108"))&&(c=c.html5Features,!("Modernizr"in g)&&"array"==k(c)&&010062019-180537954-GDN-static-300x250.jpg"""

• 5 months later...
Guest Uncle
On 11/21/2019 at 5:25 PM, Ben Ben Ben said:

Straight guy got that charms 

damn it 

Waltar Tay so hot hunky. Heard his package is thick and long, just like his carrots. Father and son theme... So Walt Disney

Guest guest
3 hours ago, Guest Uncle said:

Waltar Tay so hot hunky. Heard his package is thick and long, just like his carrots. Father and son theme... So Walt Disney

Heard Waltar Tay when he was a cabin crew, he does not have a good reputation.

1 minute ago, Guest guest said:

It could be started by those who cunt get him.

Good looking people are always victims of gossip.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest guest
Just now, fab said:

It could be started by those who cunt get him.

Good looking people are always victims of gossip.

Think it is not hearsay but it is true. Read somewhere that he himself admitted this.

Guest Straight
29 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Think it is not hearsay but it is true. Read somewhere that he himself admitted this.

Thats mean straight guy like show lo likes to fuck around and organise orgies

Guest guest
24 minutes ago, Guest Straight said:

Thats mean straight guy like show lo likes to fuck around and organise orgies

If the person is hot and cute, fuck around is easy.

Guest Water
1 hour ago, Guest guest said:

He was cabin crew? SIA huh?

Anyhow sleep around?

12 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

If the person is hot and cute, fuck around is easy.

Where got cats don't go for pussies. I mean fishy.

Only gay cats go for roosters.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Uncle
7 hours ago, Guest Water said:

Anyhow sleep around?

Most cabin crews are cock suckers, ya?especially the hunky ones

Guest guest
7 hours ago, Guest Water said:

Anyhow sleep around?

He was SIA cabin crew. Not surprise if he sleep around since he has the look and body. Confirmed popular with girls.

Guest Truth
1 hour ago, Guest Uncle said:

Most cabin crews are cock suckers, ya?especially the hunky ones

Actually there are more str8 male cabin crew than gays in SQ, so alot of guys are pussy lickers rather than cock suckers. Alot of times the gay cabin crew has no cock to suck at all.

Guest guest
8 minutes ago, Guest Truth said:

Actually there are more str8 male cabin crew than gays in SQ, so alot of guys are pussy lickers rather than cock suckers. Alot of times the gay cabin crew has no cock to suck at all.

How come most people have this thinking that SQ cabin crews would have more gays than str8 guys?

Long and hard.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest Uncle
On 5/23/2020 at 3:49 PM, begleitung said:

Must be a bestseller. 

as long as it is not oily. 

Normal lor... Except the chef is dripping hot, his muscles flexing as he wield his spatula... It's like drinking beer in a lounge, same crappy cheap Tiger beer but with ambiance... Tastes and feels sexy

Guest Uncle
On 11/19/2019 at 10:43 PM, Guest Hawker said:

He is straight and had a "bad reputation" as an air steward. 😁

Huge arms when frying chai tao kuey. Long queue

• 2 months later...
On 11/27/2019 at 6:50 AM, Guest Guest said:

So many numbers. Gotta use calculator

• 1 year later...
Guest Armpits
On 1/26/2022 at 10:59 AM, Steve5380 said:

The next time I travel to Bangkok I must surely visit the Huamum market!  :) 

I happened to go just before the pandemic shuts everything down. These guys are hot as hell!! Especially the two anchors. They are the leads. Super ripped, buffed and well defined muscles. I actually prefer them manly acting rather than their white eye rolling orgasmic screams and provocative hip thrust. I wish I could smell their sweaty pits, but not in the public la. 

On 1/28/2022 at 5:40 PM, Guest Armpits said:

I happened to go just before the pandemic shuts everything down. These guys are hot as hell!! Especially the two anchors. They are the leads. Super ripped, buffed and well defined muscles. I actually prefer them manly acting rather than their white eye rolling orgasmic screams and provocative hip thrust. I wish I could smell their sweaty pits, but not in the public la. 

Maybe in their real life they don't roll their eyes and have orgasmic screams.  You know, straight actors can do well portraying gays.  Think of the movie Brokeback Mountain, where one of the two gays was Heath Ledger, a straight actor, and he and Jake Gyllenhaal did great in a very emotional story.

Guest Armpits
On 1/29/2022 at 9:03 AM, Steve5380 said:

Maybe in their real life they don't roll their eyes and have orgasmic screams.  You know, straight actors can do well portraying gays.  Think of the movie Brokeback Mountain, where one of the two gays was Heath Ledger, a straight actor, and he and Jake Gyllenhaal did great in a very emotional story.

Yes that's true. Real life, he's a hunky dad carrying his son in his arms, while cuddling his hardworking wife as they ride into the sunset. Sweet

• G_M locked this topic