Male HQ

Gaydar - How Good Are You at telling if someone is Gay? + How To Develop It? + What Are The Signals? (Compiled)

On 10/21/2019 at 10:49 AM, Guest catcher said:

Try not to fish for personal info too blatantly. Some people are by nature more reserved, value their privacy, or just shy. Especially when it comes to sensitive topics like sexual orientation, which not everyone is comfortable discussing. Or the person might still be grappling with the issue himself. If your object of interest happens to be like that, and you come across as being too prying, you’ll get his guard up and chase him away rather than attract him. 

Instead, you can get him comfortable with you by talking about neutral stuff first. Find some common ground, like work (since you are colleagues); or make some other light small talk (the latest food fads, currently trending entertainment, etc).

Then subtly reveal your inclinations and interests, for example by commenting casually about some hot guys at the gym you ‘admire’, and complimenting your object of interest on some relevant traits of his. If he’s not straight and clueless, he should start catching the drift at some point and can choose to respond accordingly when you then invite him to get a drink together one day after work, just the two of you. 

Just remember one thing, even if he does turn out to be gay, it doesn’t mean he’ll be interested in you. So for your own sake, just keep your expectations minimal. If things go well, bonus; if not, you can move on with minimum heartache. 

Agree

Guest infatuation

same here... i am suspecting a colleague being PLU for a long time... have been taking time to find out more about him and his interest... do not wish to jeopardize current working relationship with him...

1 tip i used is to check out his instagram to see who he follows. If he follows alot of fit models but they are not known for posting workout video just pics and pics of their hot bod there is a slight chance he is gay. Also, if u click on the model, u can see what kind of pics he has like so u roughly will know if he is liking those underwear only pics XD. u must add him first in order to see who he follows.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 10/25/2019 at 12:32 PM, Guest Guest said:

1 tip i used is to check out his instagram to see who he follows. If he follows alot of fit models but they are not known for posting workout video just pics and pics of their hot bod there is a slight chance he is gay. Also, if u click on the model, u can see what kind of pics he has like so u roughly will know if he is liking those underwear only pics XD. u must add him first in order to see who he follows.

I had a colleague like that. He was buff and look a bit mixed (he's Malaysian Chinese). He helped me with my work, although I keep telling him no need. He also asks very lame questions like if Marina Square has XX outlet etc. One day he probably forgot to see his phone secretly, so I saw muscular models as his phone wallpaper. Next day he changed the phone wallpaper.

Back then I was still attached. I think if he took any bolder steps, I would tell him, "I have a boyfriend".

On 10/25/2019 at 3:03 PM, lean n mean said:

Tell him you came across this acronym PLU in an article. Ask him if he knows what it stands for. 

Actually without googling, i would not know what it stands for. I have seen that term here many times though. 

people love unit? polyamourous lesbian unisex? Party life united? Please lets unbutton?  Haha

18 hours ago, repressednerd said:

I had a colleague like that. He was buff and look a bit mixed (he's Malaysian Chinese). He helped me with my work, although I keep telling him no need. He also asks very lame questions like if Marina Square has XX outlet etc. One day he probably forgot to see his phone secretly, so I saw muscular models as his phone wallpaper. Next day he changed the phone wallpaper.

Back then I was still attached. I think if he took any bolder steps, I would tell him, "I have a boyfriend".

If u were not attached, would u have gone for him?

On 10/23/2019 at 2:55 PM, header69 said:

Try touching his thighs. No straight guys will let you rub his thighs. 

NO GO XD please do not do this

9 hours ago, begleitung said:

Actually without googling, i would not know what it stands for. I have seen that term here many times though. 

people love unit? polyamourous lesbian unisex? Party life united? Please lets unbutton?  Haha

People Like Us

Used frequently in 90s and 00s, but not popular anymore in Singapore. Still popular in Malaysia.

9 hours ago, begleitung said:

If u were not attached, would u have gone for him?

Maybe not? Probably it was just lust. I can't deny I fantasized about hugging him and having sex with him though.

46 minutes ago, repressednerd said:

People Like Us

Used frequently in 90s and 00s, but not popular anymore in Singapore. Still popular in Malaysia.

Maybe not? Probably it was just lust. I can't deny I fantasized about hugging him and having sex with him though.

Thks. That term made some people like they have some plagues or diseases.....

that guy must have been hot. 

• 1 year later...

All gay men have natural inbuilt Gaydar in us. It's an intrinsic part of us to connect with one another. The eye stare, facial expression, body language and even a subtle body scent are all part and parcel of the attributes of Gaydar. Tell me this is not a gift of nature!

Scientists have been baffled over this natural instinct. Today, this intrinsic value among gay men is well distributed among the straights. Be careful, Gaydar has also been immitated to set as a trap to lure gay men.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • G_M changed the title to Gaydar - How Good Are You at telling if someone is Gay? + How To Develop It? + What Are The Signals? (Compiled)
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest Guest

1 : you and his eyes met when walking past each other.

2 : you both will continue a long stare until the electric from your eyes and the electric from his eyes connect.

3 : after you both parted in different directions, you both will turn head at same time continue looking at each other. 

4 : confirm can give signal to him and proceed toilet liao. 

The gaydar is a grading system. 

If there are only 1 or 2 signs, it is hard to tell for sure. But when there are many signs pointing at it, the grading is high enough to lend certainty that someone is gay. 

The best tell-tale sign is if the person has a lot of mutual gay friends on Facebook or Instagram. Note that this is more effective to identify the outgoing gays.

Edited by derryfawne

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest Guest
On 7/14/2022 at 12:16 AM, Guest Guest said:

1 : you and his eyes met when walking past each other.

2 : you both will continue a long stare until the electric from your eyes and the electric from his eyes connect.

3 : after you both parted in different directions, you both will turn head at same time continue looking at each other. 

4 : confirm can give signal to him and proceed toilet liao. 

I do get stared at quite often when I go out, usually by guys. Not sure if it is because they are attracted to me, or they just want to beat me up. Because I can never tell based on their expression.

Hence I tend to get nervous and look away whenever I get stared at.

Even one time when I went out with a colleague, he said, "Do you know that a lot of guys look at you when they walk past you?"

It's overall not a nice feeling, because you feel like you have no privacy when you go out.

On 7/15/2022 at 10:06 PM, Guest Guest said:

I do get stared at quite often when I go out, usually by guys. Not sure if it is because they are attracted to me, or they just want to beat me up. Because I can never tell based on their expression.

Even one time when I went out with a colleague, he said, "Do you know that a lot of guys look at you when they walk past you?"

It's overall not a nice feeling, because you feel like you have no privacy when you go out.

Npnt

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/16/2022 at 10:06 AM, Guest Guest said:

the advantage (or disadvantage) of having above average good looking face lol

but to spot if he is straight or gay even if they stare at you, the straight one will only stare at you for the first 2-3 seconds after that he bo chup liao, the gay one will keep going back to chekc you out, you can easily caught them stealing glance at you

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.