Male HQ

Perplexed over the Malay/Chinese mix thing

greg01greg

Hey guys

Let's start a pretty harmless discussion.

As on the title - I'm perplexed over the Malay/chinese or Chinese/Malay mix background..

I am noticing on dating sites, most of the Malay chaps here identify themselves as " Mly/Chi " mix - but upon meeting, most of them basically good old Malay guys.

I did ask - which part are they Chinese - and I get "oh, I can speak a bit of Mandarin" 

This is where I'm stumped with the response?

What defines a Malay/Chinese mix when there is no trace of Chinese DNA in one.

Why can't a Malay guys admit that they're Malay? 

I have friends who are actually Arabs by race, they look like any Malay or Filipinos here in Singapore, they converse in Malay but define themselves as Malay because most of them claim that it be less complicated to explain the ancestry background.

I have friends who look very Chinese, fair skinned but they're just full blooded Malay joes...

So are the Malay guys here having an identity issues?

I chatted with someone that went

1/3 malay, 1/3 chinese , 1/3 scottish

I am also mixed by birth but just labelled myself as chinese....why the need to trace back your ancestory roots?

Why my great great great grandfather might be african american too

34 minutes ago, greg01greg said:

Hey guys

As on the title - I'm perplexed over the Malay/chinese or Chinese/Malay mix background..

I am noticing on dating sites, most of the Malay chaps here identify themselves as " Mly/Chi " mix - but upon meeting, most of them basically good old Malay guys.

I did ask - which part are they Chinese - and I get "oh, I can speak a bit of Mandarin" 

I have friends who are actually Arabs by race, they look like any Malay or Filipinos here in Singapore, they converse in Malay but define themselves as Malay because most of them claim that it be less complicated to explain the ancestry background.

I have friends who look very Chinese, fair skinned but they're just full blooded Malay joes...

Agree

in Singapore got so many Malay Chinese mix meh 

I think a lot of pure Malays 

why they said they are Malay Chinese mix? 

25 minutes ago, yag123123 said:

I am also mixed by birth but just labelled myself as chinese....why the need to trace back your ancestory roots?

For the records, genetically, one can only be half a quater 1/8and so on of any race.

35 minutes ago, greg01greg said:

Hey guys

R u new? There were previous discussions.

This is a simply a majority vs minority, especially when the minority is really minor, issue. People don't like to be different. My thai and Indonesian chinese friends don't explicitly label themselves as chinese  in their respective home country. 

Think of how gays pretend to be straight in the predominantly straight society.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

never argue with the guests. let them bark all they want.

结缘不结

不解缘

After I have said what I wanna say, I don't care what you say.

看穿不说穿

Guest Tyler nipples
18 minutes ago, fab said:

For the records, genetically, one can only be half a quater 1/8and so on of any race.

This is a simply a majority vs minority, especially when the minority is really minor, issue. People don't like to be different. My thai and Indonesian chinese friends don't explicitly label themselves as chinese  in their respective home country. 

Hahaha

When i saw the 1/3 thingy i roflol...

Aiyo the Math...

I dont care the race liao.

I worry abt the math

2 minutes ago, Guest Tyler nipples said:

Hahaha

When i saw the 1/3 thingy i roflol...

Aiyo the Math...

Don't like that, certain race is less mathematical inclined. 

3 minutes ago, Guest Tyler nipples said:

I dont care the race liao.

I worry abt the math

Ten inches?

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

Guest mix mixed

Actually plenty of Malays can laugh about this. Many Malays always claim they are mixed (even Indonesian mixes at their origin) and I will ask them whether mix of Sundanese with Boyanese. And often they pride themselve having Arab blood, (if the Batang is as big as most Arabs, then I m fine. ha ha...)

But Filipino prefer to be mixed too, Spanish-Filipino, Chinese Filipino mix and so on. I noted that on them.

To be honest for some Chinese Singaporeans or Malaysians they seem to have some Malay blood too...

If the mix boosts their ego, then let them be mixed. But eventually the reaction of Malays in Singapore is more from some discrimination from others towards them, it might look easier to date a guy if got some Chinese blood (whether true or not) . Maybe just look at it from this angle...

To me it doesn't matter...

23 minutes ago, fab said:

Ok - I'm still confused haha

1 minute ago, Guest mix mixed said:

Actually plenty of Malays can laugh about this. Many Malays always claim they are mixed (even Indonesian mixes at their origin) and I will ask them whether mix of Sundanese with Boyanese. And often they pride themselve having Arab blood, (if the Batang is as big as most Arabs, then I m fine. ha ha...)

But Filipino prefer to be mixed too, Spanish-Filipino, Chinese Filipino mix and so on. I noted that on them.

To be honest for some Chinese Singaporeans or Malaysians they seem to have some Malay blood too...

If the mix boosts their ego, then let them be mixed. But eventually the reaction of Malays in Singapore is more from some discrimination from others towards them, it might look easier to date a guy if got some Chinese blood (whether true or not) . Maybe just look at it from this angle...

To me it doesn't matter...

It's true enough - there's an identity crisis here 

8 minutes ago, Guest Tyler nipples said:

Ornhhh...你哉系!

我不敢讲

不要挑拨离间吗。Some r more musically,  artistically etc  inclined. 

Just like some r grower, some are shower.

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

1 hour ago, yag123123 said:

Wow your ancestor was african american?? How did he escape slavery? Your cock must be huge?

Guest Color-blinded by Sex
25 minutes ago, Guest mix mixed said:

Does it really matter?   I am more interested in their sex skills.

3 minutes ago, Guest Color-blinded by Sex said:

Does it really matter?   I am more interested in their sex skills.

Say you really like this chap and you want to take the relationship to the next level, don't you think you deserve the truth about him?

Fine - it's an ego boost, inject a bit of exotic traits in you, and will get the extra points for the art of attraction.

For someone who claims something they're not - don't you think they're ashamed of themselves?

I have friends prancing loud and proud as gay men but still consider themselves as mixed race when there's really nothing mixed in the gene pot :)

So they're not ashamed calling themselves gay men but they can't be forthcoming with their ethnic roots?

I thought those who label themselves as Malay/Chinese mix are often Pignoys with identity crisis because they do not want to let people know they are shameful of being themselves. So I never even met with any of them at all. Lol. 

Guest mix mixed
10 minutes ago, greg01greg said:

Say you really like this chap and you want to take the relationship to the next level, don't you think you deserve the truth about him?

Fine - it's an ego boost, inject a bit of exotic traits in you, and will get the extra points for the art of attraction.

For someone who claims something they're not - don't you think they're ashamed of themselves?

I have friends prancing loud and proud as gay men but still consider themselves as mixed race when there's really nothing mixed in the gene pot :)

So they're not ashamed calling themselves gay men but they can't be forthcoming with their ethnic roots?

Even for plenty Chinese here, can't trace any birth certificates before grandpa/ grandma generation. If you're from some small village in Java probably the same. Will never be able to check 100%.

If you search your partner just by such background, don't think it's helpful. Often the immigrant generation kept quiet about the true origin, then only the dialect gave a hint. Can all be sure what the ancestors told was correct???

I wouldn't go into the details of my partner and just judge on his bf suitability criteria. 

5 minutes ago, Guest mix mixed said:

Even for plenty Chinese here, can't trace any birth certificates before grandpa/ grandma generation. If you're from some small village in Java probably the same. Will never be able to check 100%.

If you search your partner just by such background, don't think it's helpful. Often the immigrant generation kept quiet about the true origin, then only the dialect gave a hint. Can all be sure what the ancestors told was correct???

I wouldn't go into the details of my partner and just judge on his bf suitability criteria. 

what I'm trying to get at - whenever I come across a Malay chap, I get the "I'm mixed, Malay chinese mix."

Why is the Malay Chinese mix here are so popular among the Malay community?

Is there a high influx of mixed marriages among the chinese and Malay in the past 2 decades? 

Guest mix mixed

Then give some time for the Malays to come into the discussion and respond. 

And don't think we should generalise on all Malay. I met plenty being very proud of being just Malay!

Gregahgreg

Next time u meet such people again, just tell them,

Never mind about your race, just strip. Your size is more important. 

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

22 minutes ago, Guest mix mixed said:

Then give some time for the Malays to come into the discussion and respond. 

And don't think we should generalise on all Malay. I met plenty being very proud of being just Malay!

Harmless discussion...... just perplexed... calling all Malay chaps... :)

1 minute ago, fab said:

Gregahgreg

Next time u meet such people again, just tell them,

Never mind about your race, just strip. Your size is more important. 

it's not about the size of boat that matters - its the motion of the ocean... sorry... I don't flinch when it comes to size comparison... :)

4 hours ago, greg01greg said:

Hey guys

Does your perplexity involve the dislike for Malays?  That you would say 'oh, it is my preference and I am not a racist' when not to sex them? 

What is your innate motivation to have this thread discussed again in this forum? 

What and why is it really bothering you that you are perplexed over it? 

Do you have a solution to make things right for those Malay chaps that identify themselves as "Mly/Chi" mix?

I have a Malay-Chinese mixed friend who really looks Malay till I met his mother who is a Chinese.  Only his sister looks Chinese.

5 hours ago, greg01greg said:

Most likely you have poor understanding of the Malay (òr Malay-Chinese mix) guys you met, but, no, the Malay guys here don't have identity issues. Besides generalising a whole race of people based on those you met is so 80s.  Do you happen to be foreign and olde? 

Edited by FattChoy

21 minutes ago, Guest Baffle said:

Does your perplexity involve the dislike for Malays?  That you would say 'oh, it is my preference and I am not a racist' when not to sex them? 

What is your innate motivation to have this thread discussed again in this forum? 

Do you have a solution to make things right for those Malay chaps that identify themselves as "Mly/Chi" mix?

I have a Malay-Chinese mixed friend who really looks Malay till I met his mother who is a Chinese.  Only his sister looks Chinese.

Nope - I have nothing against the Malays, this discussion is about my personal preference in race, this is about, which I feel lately there is an identity issue where some Malays claim that they are of some certain mix primarily Chinese mix.. upon meeting them and knowing them not an ounce of chinese in them. So what's the tea?

I have cousins and aunts with Chinese husband and wives, yes I believe you friends with mixed parentage. 

Again, lately I found there is a high influx of mixed Malay Chinese so they say, but theyre not..

Maybe its just my luck running into them.. who knows...

and again, I open this thread not to bash the Malays.. 

18 minutes ago, FattChoy said:

Most likely you have poor understanding of the Malay (òr Malay-Chinese mix) guys you met, but, no, the Malay guys here don't have identity issues. Besides generalising a whole race of people based on those you met is so 80s.  Do you happen to be foreign and olde? 

well lets just say that I have met the wanna be Malay mix guys.. just to boost their egos.. so shall say or close this thread with a conclusion it's all about ego boosting?

Guest curious
5 minutes ago, greg01greg said:

well lets just say that I have met the wanna be Malay mix guys.. just to boost their egos.. so shall say or close this thread with a conclusion it's all about ego boosting?

whats your race?..dont say asian!!!

2 hours ago, Guest curious said:

Based on what he said, he should not be  chinese.

2 hours ago, greg01greg said:

Nope - I have nothing against the Malays, this discussion is about my personal preference in race, this is about, which I feel lately there is an identity issue where some Malays claim that they are of some certain mix primarily Chinese mix.. upon meeting them and knowing them not an ounce of chinese in them. So what's the tea?

I have cousins and aunts with Chinese husband and wives, yes I believe you friends with mixed parentage. 

Again, lately I found there is a high influx of mixed Malay Chinese so they say, but theyre not..

2 hours ago, greg01greg said:

If you are not majority ethnic here, you won't be accused of being racist for asking such question. 

Somehow strange though. 

Edited by fab

鍾意就好,理佢男定女

结缘不结

不解缘

看穿不说穿

4 minutes ago, greg01greg said:

"I have nothing against the Malays ... my personal preference in race".

Do you really hear and listen to what you are really saying?  Do you really own "what's the tea" when making that claim?

"So what's the tea?"  The tea here is in understanding the "identity issue" which you had conveniently used.  Do you really understand the psycho-social conflict on one's social role in multiracial society?

"Maybe its just my luck running into them".  So now it is luck?  Do you take it as good or bad luck?

14 minutes ago, Guest Baffle said:

"I have nothing against the Malays ... my personal preference in race".

Do you really hear and listen to what you are really saying?  Do you really own "what's the tea" when making that claim?

"So what's the tea?"  The tea here is in understanding the "identity issue" which you had conveniently used.  Do you really understand the psycho-social conflict on one's social role in multiracial society?

"Maybe its just my luck running into them".  So now it is luck?  Do you take it as good or bad luck?

Ok mister. I think you are reading about this too much. 
First of all - typo. My mistake.  I meant to type THIS IS NOT ABOUT MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE. 

it is a typo. - I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE MALAYS. So please do not prosecute me any further. :)
This is not about me bashing a particular race. 

I think you’re just reading too much in this. The fact you made this in bold points SCARES THE BEJESSUS OUTTA ME.  LOL Don’t need to go deep mate. This is just a harmless discussion about guys claiming they’re of mix parentage when they’re not. 

and I think I like to conclude this is all about ego boosting. 

ok? Are we good? I’m not here to ruffle your feathers. Calm down. :) 

25 minutes ago, fab said:

Based on what he said, he should not bexceed chinese.

If you are not majority ethnic here, you won't be accused of being racist for asking such question. 

Somehow strange though. 

This thread is going strange. That’s all I can say for now. Lol 

1 hour ago, Guest Baffle said:

It is not being racist, it is called sextual preference...

Being racist means

Hate that race to the core and cant be friends with them

Having a sextual preference means

They just dont turn me on..

Guest mix mixed
49 minutes ago, Guest curious said:

He is Chinese with 1/3 mix of Eurasian and actually the lost but long time not discovered grand grandson of Sir Stamford.

What was more disturbing to me after reading his profile: having difficulties in telling his sexual "role".

Anyway, must it always boil down to "race" here in Singapore?

If Greg is Chinese with 1/20th of Nepalese mix, would it make him to a lesser human being?

Actually, I have my guess on what origin he is. To me there are 2 types of people in Asia who like to call themselves just "Asian".  But I will keep it as my personal secret now. 

Guest mix mixed

@yag123123

I would advise you to delete that second last post of yours. 

Please do not contribute to name shaming of people of certain origins. 

You have one Foreigner in Singapore just saying something about Singaporeans and the majority of you is jumping like no ceiling is to high to bash any such guys. 

Please then refrain from bashing others or repeating "nasty" words towards others. It is rude. 

"what you don't want that others do to you, don't do to others yourself"...

19 minutes ago, greg01greg said:

This thread is going strange. That’s all I can say for now. Lol 

It is indeed strange and funny.  For a perplexed pot that is calling the kettle black, you cannot even be specific of your origin!

WTF is Asian (as you claimed all over the forum)?  China? India? Indonesia? Malaysia? Pakistan? Bangladesh? Japan? Philippines? Vietnam?  Iran? Turkey?  Maldives? Brunei? Macau? Bhutan? Timor-Leste?

C'mon, if you wanna be man to start such a thread, start with yourself first.  If you cannot even be honest here, how do you expect others to treat you likewise?

4 minutes ago, Guest mix mixed said:

He is Chinese with 1/3 mix of Eurasian and actually the lost but long time not discovered grand grandson of Sir Stamford.

What was more disturbing to me after reading his profile: having difficulties in telling his sexual "role".

Anyway, must it always boil down to "race" here in Singapore?

If Greg is Chinese with 1/20th of Nepalese mix, would it make him to a lesser human being?

Actually, I have my guess on what origin he is. To me there are 2 types of people in Asia who like to call themselves just "Asian".  But I will keep it as my personal secret now. 

The thing is...a person can be really a nice and good hearted person...and if his really not your type, in the sense you dont find him sextually attractive...you cant force yourself to be turned on , can you?

Guest Rambler

Certain thing are pyschological and also due to dilution of their own religious faith, in order to dissassociate themselves from their own familiar people who cannot provides and then seek other group of people who will probably give joy.  Thus it is not uncommon for someone who is a Malay, claims to be "mixed origin"  in order to gain acceptance  some of of certain from a different group of people.   Similar,  if you are a buddhist and you fell in love to a Hindu,  you will try to tell the Hindu guy that Buddhism and Hinduism issn't much of a difference, there you go, seeking a comparable element to gain acceptance for a relationship.   Likewise for Jews, Christians, Catholic faith which intermingle.   Than came the race, nationality, skin colors.  If you fell in love with a PRC China,  a Singaporean Chinese will tell his new love that both their ancestors came from China.  If you fell in love with a pinoy,  you will tell him that as a Singaporeans you are both Catholic......you get the picture.  It is an art of bringing potential closeness to bond.    

Usually in a Chat room, you will know whether a person likes you when he initiated that he isn't much of a different from you, in term of either race, religion, lifestyle preference, ancestory similarity...etc.   My ex-malay bf told me that he isn't 100% muslim and is willing to share food with me, like sushi, tibit crackers/eating western foods, sharing the same utensils and watch me walk into a buddhist temple to pray....etc.  His fear is pretty unfounded of losing me,  I don't mind going to Mosque and watch him pray so that he didn't have to distant his familiar territory just to get closer to me.   

Having said that,  I absolutely HATE extreme practice or imposed or obstructive religion when it comes to a relationship.  Extreme lifesyle posed negative vibes too...such as heavy gambling, alcholic, loan borrowing, rambling, insecurity...etc, all of which falls outside the category of skin colors one need to take note of.    

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

It is indeed strange and funny.  For a perplexed pot that is calling the kettle black, you cannot even be specific of your origin!

WTF is Asian (as you claimed all over the forum)?  China? India? Indonesia? Malaysia? Pakistan? Bangladesh? Japan? Philippines? Vietnam?  Iran? Turkey?  Maldives? Brunei? Macau? Bhutan? Timor-Leste?

C'mon, if you wanna be man to start such a thread, start with yourself first.  If you cannot even be honest here, how do you expect others to treat you likewise?

I’m Asian. :)  swear to god! I’m Asian. :) 

Guest Spot On
2 minutes ago, Guest Guest said:

So TS .. what are you?

7 minutes ago, Guest mix mixed said:

@yag123123

I would advise you to delete that second last post of yours. 

Please do not contribute to name shaming of people of certain origins. 

You have one Foreigner in Singapore just saying something about Singaporeans and the majority of you is jumping like no ceiling is to high to bash any such guys. 

Please then refrain from bashing others or repeating "nasty" words towards others. It is rude. 

"what you don't want that others do to you, don't do to others yourself"...

I am just stating that i find piglets cute and intelligent...i dont mean anything else

Sorry if i offended anybody

Why would people insult another person ...etc.you..pig

Pigs are cute and intelligent...

And delicious hahaha

Edited by yag123123

Guest mix mixed

Your List was not exhaustive: 

China
India 
Indonesia 
Pakistan 
Bangladesh 
Japan 
Philippines 
Vietnam 
Turkey 
Iran 
Thailand 
Myanmar 
South Korea 
Iraq 
Afghanistan 
Saudi Arabia 
Uzbekistan 
Malaysia 
Yemen 
Nepal 
North Korea 
Sri Lanka 
Kazakhstan 
Syria 
Cambodia 
Jordan 
Azerbaijan 
United Arab Emirates 
Tajikistan 
Israel 
Laos 
Lebanon 
Kyrgyzstan 
Turkmenistan 
Singapore 
State of Palestine 
Oman 
Kuwait 
Georgia 
Mongolia 
Armenia 
Qatar 
Bahrain 
Timor-Leste 
Cyprus 
Bhutan 
Maldives 
Brunei  
HK, Taiwan and Macao

Guest Tyler nipples
5 hours ago, fab said:

不要挑拨离间吗。Some r more musically,  artistically etc  inclined. 

Just like some r grower, some are shower.

沈默跟沈默吗?

You like dat say 会得罪hello I am Imran

Kau tak mau main main cakap ya

Sudah la mampus. Lol

2 minutes ago, Guest mix mixed said:

Your List was not exhaustive: 

China
India 
Indonesia 
Pakistan 
Bangladesh 
Japan 
Philippines 
Vietnam 
Turkey 
Iran 
Thailand 
Myanmar 
South Korea 
Iraq 
Afghanistan 
Saudi Arabia 
Uzbekistan 
Malaysia 
Yemen 
Nepal 
North Korea 
Sri Lanka 
Kazakhstan 
Syria 
Cambodia 
Jordan 
Azerbaijan 
United Arab Emirates 
Tajikistan 
Israel 
Laos 
Lebanon 
Kyrgyzstan 
Turkmenistan 
Singapore 
State of Palestine 
Oman 
Kuwait 
Georgia 
Mongolia 
Armenia 
Qatar 
Bahrain 
Timor-Leste 
Cyprus 
Bhutan 
Maldives 
Brunei  
HK, Taiwan and Macao

Jessuuuuus! Have I open the flood gate? Lol. Relax. We don’t need the whole list here 

38 minutes ago, greg01greg said:

Ok mister. I think you are reading about this too much. 
First of all - typo. My mistake.  I meant to type THIS IS NOT ABOUT MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE. 

it is a typo. - I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST THE MALAYS. So please do not prosecute me any further. :)
This is not about me bashing a particular race. 

I think you’re just reading too much in this. The fact you made this in bold points SCARES THE BEJESSUS OUTTA ME.  LOL Don’t need to go deep mate. This is just a harmless discussion about guys claiming they’re of mix parentage when they’re not. 

and I think I like to conclude this is all about ego boosting. 

ok? Are we good? I’m not here to ruffle your feathers. Calm down. :) 

Haha, you calm down too, dude.  Those bold were made to highlight your own sentences (just quoting them).  You are reading about this too much ah!

You started the thread and I am just going around to be logical.  So, for all our understanding .. what is Asian? Why keep hiding yourself wit this word?  When you cannot even stand up for yourself, how you expect those "claiming they’re of mix parentage when they’re not".

Now, the fact you made this in CAPS scares out of me, mate. Especially, to mention BEJESSUS.  LOL.

6 minutes ago, Guest Rambler said:

Certain thing are pyschological and also due to dilution of their own religious faith, in order to dissassociate themselves from their own familiar people who cannot provides and then seek other group of people who will probably give joy.  Thus it is not uncommon for someone who is a Malay, claims to be "mixed origin"  in order to gain acceptance  some of of certain from a different group of people.   Similar,  if you are a buddhist and you fell in love to a Hindu,  you will try to tell the Hindu guy that Buddhism and Hinduism issn't much of a difference, there you go, seeking a comparable element to gain acceptance for a relationship.   Likewise for Jews, Christians, Catholic faith which intermingle.   Than came the race, nationality, skin colors.  If you fell in love with a PRC China,  a Singaporean Chinese will tell his new love that both their ancestors came from China.  If you fell in love with a pinoy,  you will tell him that as a Singaporeans you are both Catholic......you get the picture.  It is an art of bringing potential closeness to bond.    

Usually in a Chat room, you will know whether a person likes you when he initiated that he isn't much of a different from you, in term of either race, religion, lifestyle preference, ancestory similarity...etc.   My ex-malay bf told me that he isn't 100% muslim and is willing to share food with me, like sushi, tibit crackers/eating western foods, sharing the same utensils and watch me walk into a buddhist temple to pray....etc.  His fear is pretty unfounded of losing me,  I don't mind going to Mosque and watch him pray so that he didn't have to distant his familiar territory just to get closer to me.   

Having said that,  I absolutely HATE extreme practice or imposed or obstructive religion when it comes to a relationship.  Extreme lifesyle posed negative vibes too...such as heavy gambling, alcholic, loan borrowing, rambling, insecurity...etc, all of which falls outside the category of skin colors one need to take note of.    

Actually

The reason why malays associated themselves as mixed

It is because of a primary reason

They get rejected almost immediately once they state their race..

This is wrong!

If your not interested...state your reason why

Instead of instant blocking the person

Or not replying to any messages

Just like some asians are only into whites

So there will be asians that are only into chinese

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.