Male HQ

Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)

jazz

Guest 玉婆

Reason why she was called 玉婆 by the Chinese media due to a poem written to her. Interesting ....

传奇女明星伊丽莎白·泰勒(Elizabeth Taylor) 于当地时间2011年3月23日在美国去世,享年79岁。伊丽莎白·泰勒自上世纪五十年代就一直被香港媒体冠以玉婆之称,殊不知玉婆也从玉女得来。究竟是何原因?

50年代末,伊丽莎白同第三任丈夫到港,香港文人王季友以打油诗纪念此事:“情场数度起风波,玉女终归成玉婆。待到美人迟暮时,能否颠倒后生哥"?玉婆一称遂流传开来。

香港作家曾凡透露,泰勒的婚恋生活几经起落,港媒用“玉婆”之称换下她成名以来就被冠以“玉女”的称呼。

Guest Browser

影坛大哥邓光荣,其间于1962年演出首部影片《学生王子》后大红,和秦汉、秦祥林并称“台湾三大文艺片小生”的“学生王子”。2011年3月29日晚因心脏病突发在睡梦中去世,享年65岁。

Alan Tang Kwong-Wing (September 20, 1946 - March 29, 2011) was a Hong Kong film actor, producer and director.

His first starring role was actually at age 16 in the 1963 film The Student Prince, a role he had gotten after some school friends showed his picture to the people making a movie at their secondary school. His role in this early movie earned him the nickname of "The Student Prince."

Upon graduation from secondary school, Tang acted in Hong Kong youth films starring Josephine Hsiao Fang-fang, Chen Chen, and Connie Chan Bo Jue throughout the 60's. Tang was often voted "Best Male Actor" by film magazines.

Tang found fame when he moved to Taiwan during the 1970s, where he had made over 60 feature films. The films he made were often dramas and romances, where he would often pair off with Brigette Lin Qing Xia, in such films as Run Lover Run.

Tang has long since left the H.K. movie scene yet still remains respected by his peers in the entertainment industry. Following his retirement, Media Asia Group had gained rights to release his In-Gear film titles on DVD. Throughout the 90's, Tang pursued a second career in the restaurant business. Additionally, he is an active philanthropist in Hong Kong and mainland China as both an individual and an involved Rotarian.

Tang was the godfather of Joyce Cheng and close friend of late actress Lydia Shum (mother to Cheng). Tang is famous for his angry remarks to the absence of Adam Cheng in and around the time Shum was dying. Cheng is the ex-husband of Shum and father of Joyce.

On March 29, 2011, Tang died in his home in Mong Kok at around 9pm from a stroke.

ec110330041.jpg

U1363P28T3D821465F326DT20050826092234.jpg

Guest Guest

I heard he's one of us. Darn, gone too soon.

Har??? Are you sure??? Respect the dead hor.......

I always think he is one of the most good looking guys in the 70s - 80s. Qin Xiang Lin, Qin Han etc all not his match. Read from Xin Min papers just now. He came from a rich family and got scholar to do law. Due to his bod (183cm), good looks and academic achievements, he was hot item among the girls...........Heard his Ang Mo very powderful..........

Guest Another Guest

Har??? Are you sure??? Respect the dead hor.......

By suggesting that he could be gay is disrespect??

Being Gay is something unworthy?

Guest Guest

By suggesting that he could be gay is disrespect??

Being Gay is something unworthy?

No lah, u misunderstood me. He's very sexy and goodlooking.

I heard this 10 yrs ago from an acquaintance in HK.

My friend got interviewed by him 5 yrs ago and he complimented my friend on his body.

No lah, u misunderstood me. He's very sexy and goodlooking.

I heard this 10 yrs ago from an acquaintance in HK.

My friend got interviewed by him 5 yrs ago and he complimented my friend on his body.

Your friend got interview by him? For?

Your friend a guy i presume and did not get the job or something.

Guest Guest

Your friend got interview by him? For?

Your friend a guy i presume and did not get the job or something.

Alan used to be some big shot for HK Kennel Club(I hope i got it roght).

dog club for rich ppl? any one in HK to clarify/rectify? tks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Amy Winehouse, the British singer who found worldwide fame with a smoky, hip-hop-inflected take on retro soul, yet became a tabloid fixture as her problems with drugs and alcohol brought about a strikingly public career collapse, was found dead on Saturday in her home in London. She was 27.

The cause was not immediately known. The London police said they had been called to an address in Camden Square in northern London on Saturday afternoon and found a 27-year-old woman, and pronounced her dead at the scene. The police did not identify the body, but the London Ambulance Service said it was that of Ms. Winehouse, The Associated Press reported.

Heal the Past, Live the Present, Dream the Future

She was a train wreck waiting to happen. Was not surprised that this had taken place.

Soon, all the hypocrites will crawl out of the woodwork - saying that it was "a huge loss to the music industry", and that she was "a gentle but troubled soul", how talented she was and other cliches.

And these very same people dissed and criticised her no end when she was alive. Bloody wankers.

Am not a fan of hers but these blatant acts of hypocrisy annoy the shit outta me.

Edited by PaterTenebrarum

Sad? Yes.

Surprising? Hardly. I'm sure most people would've expected it to happen, sooner rather than later...

She was truly talented. RIP.

Actually, just about 2-3 days ago I came across her Wikipedia page and I was like, "Given her strong drug use, I wonder how long she will remain alive."

She's looked thinner, less and less healthy for the last couple of years.

“Do not take life too seriously. You’ll never get out of it alive.” — Elbert Hubbard

Guest gaysingaporean

She was a train wreck waiting to happen. Was not surprised that this had taken place.

Soon, all the hypocrites will crawl out of the woodwork - saying that it was "a huge loss to the music industry", and that she was "a gentle but troubled soul", how talented she was and other cliches.

And these very same people dissed and criticised her no end when she was alive. Bloody wankers.

Am not a fan of hers but these blatant acts of hypocrisy annoy the shit outta me.

You took the words right out from my mouth... you are so right!

The only difference is I am a fan of her music/work.

After I saw the clip of her last concert where she was booed off the stage, I told myself the poor girl days are numbered!!! She was such a mess!

About 5 years ago when I saw her performed in London, she was great but her personal life was a disaster. Poor woman!!!

Could not agree with you more regarding those "bloody wankers".

Guest Foreversckm

It was expected, R.I.P . Drugs will never lead u to good ending. A good example would be Whitney houston, but lucky for her she pulled out of it but her great voice which she has during the 80s and 90s was lost forever.

Guest whitney bio

It was expected, R.I.P . Drugs will never lead u to good ending. A good example would be Whitney houston, but lucky for her she pulled out of it but her great voice which she has during the 80s and 90s was lost forever.

Let's get this straight , Ms whitney did not lose her voice due to drugs, if you trying to imply that drugs did her voice in, I am sorry to tell you but drugs got nothing to do with it, it was wear and tear of her vocal cords, that she damaged her vocals because she always wanted to sing the very difficult notes and give her fans the money's worth in the early days,

Her voice is not lost forever, it just evolved and she changed her singing style to suit her range nowadays.

When Ms Whitney meets the right producer, her albums can be finger snappingly good, you just gotta play her new albums.

Music fas grow up and evolve, their taste in music may change also in a ,atter of two years.

Whitney just change and evolve too.

Even <Mariah Carey's voice is also not what it used to be, nothing to do with drugs here.

I think if she hadn't done drugs, we wouldn't have had an Amy Winehouse. She gave us two albums (ok, "Frank" wasn't that fab except for "fxxk Me Pumps") and a couple of good collaborations, especially that Zutons' cover delivered so beautifully that one doesn't even notice that it's completely sexually incongruous, and I'm thankful to her for them. I'm not sure she had more to give without cutting herself up inside even more, so I'm glad she's found her way home away from the pain. Bye, Ms. Winehouse.

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

When she died, the neighbours came to snicker:

"Well, that's what comes from too much pills and liquor."

But when I saw her laid out like a queen,

She was the happiest corpse I'd ever seen.

Mercurio sacris fertur Boebeidos Undis

virgineum Brimo composuisse latus

Let's get this straight , Ms whitney did not lose her voice due to drugs, if you trying to imply that drugs did her voice in, I am sorry to tell you but drugs got nothing to do with it, it was wear and tear of her vocal cords, that she damaged her vocals because she always wanted to sing the very difficult notes and give her fans the money's worth in the early days,

Her voice is not lost forever, it just evolved and she changed her singing style to suit her range nowadays.

When Ms Whitney meets the right producer, her albums can be finger snappingly good, you just gotta play her new albums.

Music fas grow up and evolve, their taste in music may change also in a ,atter of two years.

Whitney just change and evolve too.

Even <Mariah Carey's voice is also not what it used to be, nothing to do with drugs here.

Chill, bro. THere's not a need to defend yr idol so vehemently.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Steve Jobs a colourful and indefatigable entrepreneur and innovator. I will just re-publish a section of the Commencement Speech which he gave to the Stanford class of 2005.

When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: “If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you’ll most certainly be right.” It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?” And whenever the answer has been “No” for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something.

Remembering that I’ll be dead soon is the most important tool I’ve ever encountered to help me make the big choices in life. Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure – these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.

About a year ago I was diagnosed with cancer. I had a scan at 7:30 in the morning, and it clearly showed a tumor on my pancreas. I didn’t even know what a pancreas was. The doctors told me this was almost certainly a type of cancer that is incurable, and that I should expect to live no longer than three to six months. My doctor advised me to go home and get my affairs in order, which is doctor’s code for prepare to die. It means to try to tell your kids everything you thought you’d have the next 10 years to tell them in just a few months. It means to make sure everything is buttoned up so that it will be as easy as possible for your family. It means to say your goodbyes.

I lived with that diagnosis all day. Later that evening I had a biopsy, where they stuck an endoscope down my throat, through my stomach and into my intestines, put a needle into my pancreas and got a few cells from the tumor. I was sedated, but my wife, who was there, told me that when they viewed the cells under a microscope the doctors started crying because it turned out to be a very rare form of pancreatic cancer that is curable with surgery. I had the surgery and I’m fine now.

This was the closest I’ve been to facing death, and I hope it’s the closest I get for a few more decades. Having lived through it, I can now say this to you with a bit more certainty than when death was a useful but purely intellectual concept:

No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

RIP

to the poor and uneducated who cant afford apple products, who is steve jobs to them?

to the ppl who fears for apple demise, aiya like as if apple produces cheap and affordable gadgets to us? hey they are very properiatery ok.

i only owed 1 apple product before, 3GS and i tot its horrible this smartphone cant surf many websites due to limitation including flash, dling of files were so troublesome w itune. now im using samsung gal S2 and I am so happy and wont look back!

you must remember the computer you are using now was partly designed by steve, your mouse you use, your Microsoft OS was a rip off of MAC. even the movies you watch, steve push the envelopes in PIXAR. music, who made popular a device that contains 10 000 songs etc? creative? no, its steve. even if you do not use an apple product, apple greatly influence the way we use technology.

steve was not a nice guy to work with. he once fired a staff when they were in the same lift. the entire pixar animation staff were almost fired if not for the success of Toy Story, steve will not take NO for an answer as steve demands the best. Steve's DNA is everywhere in APPLE, even the TV in the Apple store, the funiture, the packaging, everything has to do with steve.

I always admired steve for over 20plus years since MAC II, i read how steve was sacked from APPLE, the failure of NEXT, the formation of PIXAR w Lucas, the re employment of steve by APPLE by its aquisition of NEXT, the birth IMAC, singnals the rebirth of Apple, and it made APple cool again, the real growth of the brand was IPOD and itunes, followed by ITOUCH, and of cos the iphone and ipad.

however, APPLE was always about the little guy vs the evil empire of microsoft. to have a apple product before the iphone had a wow factor, its cool, expansive, beautiful and much desired. steve made apple products sexy. compare an apple ipod/itouch with anything by creative and you see the stark difference. steve placed alot in design. i got my itouch for over $600 when it 1st came out, creative had similar for abt $200 but people desire the itouch, not the creative.

my wish for apple is for them to cont to innovate but never ever be the evil empire steve used to hate.

RIP. when u died, part of my childhood died with you. together with the disband of REM, i think i am really getting old.

• G_M changed the title to Celebrities / Famous Personalities Who Have Passed Away (Compiled)
  • Guest locked this topic
  • Guest locked and locked this topic
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.